Chapter 1: The Past

Okay, since everyone seems to be confused in the later chapters, I'm gonna leave a note here. This story contains heavy Levi/OC, meaning there's a lot of interaction between them (not sexually), but I assure you: this is an EreRi story. The endgame is EreRi. The Levi/OC relationship is there for the plot. So if you don't want to see Levi/OC, then you're not in the right story.

I repeat; this is an EreRi story with heavy loads of Levi/OC. If you can't handle that, it's fine. I don't want to make any of you uncomfortable so I left a note here.

If that's okay with you, please proceed.

*****

10 years ago

A little raven haired boy sat alone in one of the swings using both of his small feet to will the swing to move. Among the swarm of children in the park, running around, laughing and talking to each other, enjoying themselves as they bask under the sun, this little raven is almost unnoticeable. Little hands wrapped around the metal chains which holds the swing from the metal above, he ignored the little pinch of loneliness pooling in his gut.

He would never admit it, though. The stoic, impassive look on his face wouldn't give any of that thought away, and he already experienced other children his age running away from him because of it. It made him frown in disdain before he looked down, noticing how his feet couldn't reach the ground, making him unable to make the swing move. The inability to move made the crease in between his eyebrows deepen, silently blaming his height for it.

He sure is a little short for children his age, but his maturity was surprising. He isn't a snot covered child who is always drenching in sweat and dirt like the others. Instead, he's always in a clean and pristine condition, not letting himself be covered in any dirt. He talks in a way that's a little advanced for his age, making him a bit intimidating.

That doesn't change the fact that he's still a child, though, and there are times when he wanted to play.

Like today.

He huffed and crossed his arms, irritated by his current situation, not aware of the twins who are silently giggling behind him.

The sudden jerk of the swing almost made him fall to the ground, save for a pair of arms that helped him balance himself. As he recovered from the sudden movement, he snapped his head back to glare at whoever pushed his swing. What he saw is something he didn't expect.