{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me F...

By emeraldrose187

Andrea and Jimmy Jr. have been joined by a younger brother Dakota. To those outside and even most inside the... More

{Avenged Sevenfold} Help me Find My Way {Book 2}
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help me Find My Way {Book 2} [2]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help me Find My Way {Book 2} [3]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help me Find My Way {Book 2} [4]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help me Find My Way {Book 2} [5]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help me Find My Way {Book 2} [6]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help me Find My Way {Book 2} [7]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [8]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [9]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [10]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [11]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [12]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [13]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [14] preview
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [14] Full
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [15]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [16]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book2} [17]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [18]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [19]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help me Find My Way {Book 2} [20]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [21]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [22]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [23]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [25]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [26]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [27]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [28]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [29]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [30]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [31]
{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [32]

{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [24]

401 15 3
By emeraldrose187

I had to chuckle at the envy on De's face and Ash's huge eyes. Dakota was already messing around with the computer sitting at the desk and Jr had eased himself down on the bench in the corner. He seemed a little tired from climbing the stairs but otherwise ok. His breathing was normal and he wasn't to pale.

"Stop it Sis, I'm fine."

"You can't blame me for being worried."

"I'm fine. This room turned out great."

"Yeah, you can see Matt really put his love for you into making it," De said.

"You think so?" I said settling behind the kit and running my fingers around the rim of the snare.

"Andy he painted it your favorite colors, color coordinated your drum kit, chose your favorite wood for the desk and bench, bought top of the line equipment for you and even hung pictures of your father," Ash said.

"I suppose."

"You suppose? Hell I don't even think my dad remembers I play guitar half the time."

"De that's not true, Uncle Brian adores you."

"He wishes I was a son."

"I'm sure that's not true," Ash said.

"Really? Then why does he spend more time with Aaron then me?"

"Because Uncle Brent has been busy with his business travels and Aaron has been going down the wrong path?"

"Right," De said bitterly.

"De he loves you maybe you should talk to him about it," I suggested.

"Right, how about you and I go downstairs and have Matt and Dad sit down for a father daughter chat?"

I looked down at the snare still running my fingers around the rim.

"That's what I thought," De said flopping down by Jr on the bench.

"You and Matt are still going to the UCLA drum clinic this weekend aren't you?" Ash said.

"Yeah, we have been planning to go and Uncle Brian and Johnny said they would be around to check on things here."

"I will be fine," Jr said.

"Well Matt's orders you know," I said quietly.

"Dad is just trying to make sure everyone is ok while he's gone. He knows you'll worry about us."

My eyes snapped up to Dakota sitting at my desk. He wasn't looking at me but his head was down as he tapped on the keys doing something on a program.

"I know," I said softly.

"Do you hate me too?"

My hand jerked from the snare.

"What?"

"You hate Dad because he's not your dad so do you hate me too?"

"Dakota, I could never hate you and I don't hate Matt...it's just complicated."

"How is it complicated? Either you like him or you don't."

"Dakota, man, she's a girl. To girls simple feelings are often the most complicated," Jr chimed in.

"Is that why Uncle Johnny said that girls are always a mystery?"

"Yep, always have been and always will be."

"Men are just as much of a mystery," De said with a roll of her eyes.

"Not really, we are much more straightforward with how we feel and what we want," Jr said.

"Whatever," De said.

I smiled at bit as I looked around the room.

"You know it's nice to have everyone just hanging out again."

"Yeah, it's been a while since we've been together outside of school and parties," Ash agreed.

"Think we could get together next week and just jam?" Jr asked.

"Yeah, that would be cool!" Dakota said.

We all laughed.

"I'm fine with it as long as you are up to it Bro."

"I'd love to, it's been a while," Ash said.

"I'm up for it," De agreed.

"Great! I've got the software set up with profiles for each of you so you can record whatever you want."

"That's what you've been doing Dakota?" Ash asked.

"Yep," he said popping the p like Jr did when he was proud of himself.

"You are amazing little Bro," I said getting up and moving over to the desk. I picked him up in a tight hug. "I love you Dakota and don't ever doubt it." He hugged me tight.

There was a knock at the door as I let Dakota down. I opened the door and found Matt outside with a stack of papers.

"The school delivered Jr's exams. I thought maybe he'd want to get started on them."

I looked at Jr and chucked at his wrinkled nose.

"Not really but I suppose doing them now means I won't have to deal with them later."

"Very true," Arin said appearing next to Matt. "Johnny and Brian sent me to get Ash and De."

"Why?" De said.

"Everyone's leaving now to give Jr time to do his exams and let these guys have some time alone before this weekend."

A collective groan rose from Ash, De and Jr. Dakota and I shared an amused look.

"Ok we're coming," Ash said grabbing De's wrist and pulling her up off the bench.

"Where am I taking my exams?" Jr asked.

"Your mom thought the kitchen would be best that way you have the table, the timer and we can keep an eye on you to make sure you aren't overdoing it."

"Ok."

"I'm going to go play xbox for a bit."

"Andy? What are you going to do?"

"I think I'm going to stay here for a bit."

Matt nodded and moved out of the way to let the others pass through. Arin followed De and Ash down the stairs  followed by Dakota and then Jr with Matt bringing up the rear. I closed the door and sat down at the desk. I ran my fingers over the keyboard and  then the pen and notebook. I opened the notebook and lifted the pen touching it to paper and letting everything inside pour out onto the page. After a few pages a light knock sounded at the door. I waited expecting it to crack but it did not. I stood and opened the door to find Matt standing outside. I blinked a couple times.

"Matt?"

"Your mother would like to see you in our room for a minute."

"Of course."

Matt moved back towards the stairs. "Aren't you coming?"

"No, I'm monitoring Jr."

"How's he doing?"

"Good, he's moving quickly through the exams. I'm beginning to suspect laziness is the reason for his grades."

I chuckled a bit and Matt smiled before turning and heading downstairs. I made my way to the bedroom knocking before entering.

"Mom?" I said concerned and moving over to the bed where she laid under the blankets quite pale. I knelt beside the bed as she gave me a weak smile.

"I think I should have let you help with the dinner. I might have overdone it."

"Do you want me to call Dr. Henderson?"

"No, I'll be fine sweetie. I just wanted to make sure you were on schedule with your packing for this weekend."

"Mom, I'm taking a two day trip with Matt. All I'm going to need is some clothes."

"You are leaving Friday afternoon. Arin booked a rooms next to his so you will be close to him and Matt if you need anything. I also thought you might want to take along your sticks and practice pad and of course your notebook."

"Wait my what?"

"Andrea did you not take a good look around your room?"

"What do you mean?"

"Lift the seat on the bench. You should find a stick bag that has a practice pad built into it. You should also be able to squeeze your notebook and a pen in there as I don't think Matt filled it all the way with sticks. Jason said you would probably want to experiment with different ones until you find your specific style."

"The bench is storage as well?"

"Yes dear."

"He really did put a lot of work into that room didn't he?"

"Oh Andy sweetheart he loves you and I don't know why it's so hard for you to see it. I'm really hoping this trip helps."

"Moooommmm."

"I know sweetheart."

"Are you going to be ok with us gone?"

"Yes, Lindsay is coming over to stay."

"Uncle Johnny is going to be by himself?"  I asked with eyebrows raised.

Mom laughed, "Of course not sweetheart, Ash is staying with him."

"Good."

"Do me a favor sweetie and go pack before dinner."

"Yes Mom," I said with a roll of my eyes. I kissed her forehead and left the room. I started towards my room and headed back to my little studio. I opened the door and headed straight towards the bench. I lifted the cushion and found the bench was hallow with a black bag in it. I pulled it out and examined it. there was in fact a practice pad built into the bag and it contained four different types of sticks including another set of the ones I had picked out. I smiled and tucked my notebook and pen inside the pocket on the side opposite the sticks. I zipped it up and put the seat to the bench back down. I made my way back to my room and put the bag on my bed before throwing open my closet door and sighing. What to pack?  I plopped down on my bed and stared at the closet.

"Knock, Knock," followed by a couple quick wraps on my door before it flew open and Jr came in dropping on my bed with a dramatic sigh.

"Those were horrible I think maybe next year I'll follow your example and do the work to avoid them."

"Well it would save you a lot of stress at the end of the year."

"Yeah, so what are you doing?"

"Mom wanted me to be packed for this weekend before this weekend but I just don't know what to pack. I mean what do I wear? What I normally would or should I wear something more girlish like when I go out so people don't think I'm you?"

Jr snorted, "Sis you are definitely a girl whether you wear a skirt or not."

"Ok so skinny jeans or what?"

"Why don't you ask Arin or Matt?"

"Good Idea." I pulled my cell out of my pocket and text Arin.

Jr snorted.

"What?"

"Matt is right downstairs and you text Arin?"

"Well Arin's a drummer. It's a drum clinic I think his opinion would be more appropriate."

"Whatever you want to tell yourself."

My phone played a short drum burst Arin had recorded for me. I checked the message and frowned. 

"What? Bad fashion advice?" Jr chuckled.

"No, Arin said to just wear whatever I would be able to move in but he also asked me to check a couple things for him because he's not going to be able to make it."

"So it looks like it will be just you and Matt then."

"Yeah, I guess it will."

"Are you afraid to be alone with him?"

"No, I was just looking forward to sharing this with him."

"Well you can still share it with Matt."

"Yeah but it's different."

"Right."

A knock sounded on the door and Matt opened it hesitantly.

"Pizza is here guys."

"Pizza for dinner?" Jr said and jumped up off the bed moving quickly towards the door and stairs.

"Well I'd say he is feeling better," I commented dryly.

"It would seem so. Your mom asked me to bring this down for you." He placed the suitcase just inside my door.

"Thanks, Did you know Arin isn't coming?" I blurted out.

"He's not?"

"No, he asked me to check a couple things out for him."

"Well we'll be sure to do that then."

"Yeah, so pizza?"

"Well your mom needs her rest and you know my cooking is limited to can stuff or breakfast." He smiled showing off his dimples.

"That's ok, I think I can handle a slice or two if Jr hasn't ate all of it already," I laughed standing up and meeting Matt in the hallway. He cautiously wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we headed down the steps.

"I might have hid a pizza in the oven just in case."

I looked up at his smile and laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355 23 17
Matt sanders younger sister by 1 year, Angel, ends up falling for his best friend,Brian all because of a guitar lesson. How will things work out when...
4.7K 196 31
Will Kim and Brian sort out all the arguing or will things end up badly for them? Is the other boys relationships on the edge as well as Kim and Bria...
4.8K 320 38
Matt and Val's engagement party gets a little out of hand. Relationships will be altered and lives changed. An Avenged Sevenfold fanfic
88.2K 1.7K 20
WARNING: CONTAINS DRUG USE AND MILD SEXUAL SCENES ___ Matt Sanders lives with two of his best friends, Zacky Baker and Jimmy Sullivan. After discover...