Wizard (Martin Garrix Fanfict...

Por martin_garrix_

Madi is just your average 17 year old girl, right? Not quite. She has a huge dream of becoming a world-reno... Más

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 14

590 17 7
Por martin_garrix_

After dropping Anna back off at her house with her pain medication and leg wrap, I pull into a small McDonald's, the only non-small business in my town. I need something mainstream out of this insane day.

I order a large fry, two hashbrowns, and a smoothie. Food sent straight from heaven, I swear. I turn to ask Martijn if he wants anything. He laughs, and I can't tell if it's sarcastic or not. "Do they have pizza?" My eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "It's... a burger place. Tell me you've eaten at McDonald's."

He raises his eyebrows at me. "Shut up, I can't tell when you're being sarcastic! Do you like pizza or something?"

His eyebrows raise so high I'm afraid they're going to fall off. "Do I like pizza?"

"Careful, if you make that face any more, your eyebrows might raise the roof." Martijn laughs again, this time at my bad joke. "Hilarious. And dude, pizza is my favorite food of all time. I can't believe you didn't know this about me. I thought you were my biggest fan!"

*******

I turn the wheel hand over hand and pull into the garage. The space next to my car is still empty. My family is still at my grandparents, but they should be home soon.

I awkwardly invite Martijn in, but he declines. "I should work on music for awhile, I think. Thanks though." I'm a little grateful for his negative answer, because what would we do if he came over? Make out?

I nod awkwardly. As he exits the garage and turns to cut through to his house, I call his name. "Martijn!" He pokes his head back through the door. "You rang?" I smile. "Thanks. For helping me out today."

He grins sincerely. "No problem, Mad Dog."

I smile as he leaves. What a change from the Martin Garrix that showed up at my school a couple weeks ago. I wonder what changed him. Hopefully he stays like this. I like this Martijn.

I jog out to the mailbox to grab the bunch of letters and magazines that sit inside it. It's supposed to be my sisters' job to grab the mail, but it always sits there forgotten.

It takes me both hands to carry the stack into the house. It's amazing the mailbox could hold this much. I dump the papers onto the kitchen table to sift through them and chuck the spam. As my hands shift the envelopes over to one side, one catches my eye.

All the oxygen disappears from my lungs. I grab the letter and rush up to my room.

Martijn

I told Madi I didn't want to come over because I had music to work on, but really... I didn't want the temptation of her in front of me. I had to focus on getting what I really wanted. My career, and Elise.

Plus, after kissing her, I felt... awkward. What would I say to her? That maybe I shouldn't have done that? That it was more... experimental than real?

Yeah, it was experimental until you realized it was real, my conscience muttered. I wave a hand through the air, as if my subconscious was a bug to be swatted away.

Maybe I should work on music. I have so many unfinished tracks. Yeah, that's a good idea. Take my mind off of this weird day.

I close the bedroom door behind me and sit behind my computer. If I look to my left and lean my chair back a little, I can see into Madi's room. I purposefully lean forward so I'm not tempted to peek into her life and as I slide my headphones over one ear, I hear a door slam.

Overcome by curiosity, I lean back and my chair catches me. Madi is standing in the center of her room holding something, a letter, it looks like.

She holds it at arm's length, as if she's afraid that if she brings it any closer, it might burn her. I'm so curious now. What's inside it?

Slowly, she brings it closer, and slides her thumb under the flap. Once it's broken, a single piece of paper is pulled out. I see her take a big breath and unfold it.

She pulls it close to her face and scans it for a second before her hand flies up to cover her mouth. Even from the distance, her eyes are glassy with tears. Somehow, she tears her eyes off the letter and hugs it to her chest.

I can't tell if she's happy or upset until the biggest smile I've ever seen blankets her entire face.

Well, that isn't true. She looked the same way after you kissed her, my subconscious says, and I know if it had a face, it'd be smirking at me with its arms crossed.

Madi

Ho. Ly. Shit.

So, the letter. I take it up to my room to read it, because even though I was alone in the house, I feel like I need privacy with it

I tear the letter open as carefully as I could, terrified of injuring its contents, and also wanting to preserve the giant S printed on the front.

When I finally get it open, I can barely move my fingers to unfold the letter itself. But I'm so glad I did.

There was a lot of information on the page, but all I could see was one important passage.

Ms. Johnson,

We took a look at the tape you sent in, and can say we are very thrilled with the music and the potential that you clearly have. We would love an opportunity to meet you in person and discuss a future with you at Spinnin' Records.

All the best,

Andrew Taylor
Artists and Repertoire Scout
Spinnin' Records

I can't believe this. Is it a joke? Did someone just send this to me to make fun of me? No. This looks so genuine. It has to be. Holy crap.

I hug the letter to my chest, happy tears filling my eyes. I read the rest of the letter from top to bottom, and it gave me details of how they wanted to meet me, and, get this, they want me to come to their headquarters in Hilversum, Netherlands, and meet them.

This was so perfect. I have no idea what I want to do for college. On Decision Day at school, I'd chosen to attend Miami University and take music classes there, since I really don't know what I want to do with my life, so I figured I'd take music like I want to, and then take other business classes that my parents want me to take so I can have a "real" career. But now... now I could have a real career in something I love.

If they like me. Doubt started to creep in. I shake my head to clear it. They sent me a letter. Unless this is a joke, all I have to do is show them what true potential I have. Easy.

This could not be better. My parents had been trying to find a good vacation spot for this summer, too. What better than a trip to Amsterdam? Spinnin' had even offered to pay for plane tickets and a hotel room. What better than a free trip to Amsterdam?

I hear the front door slam and I run downstairs, barely able to contain my excitement. "MOM! DAD!" My parents stare at me as I dash around the corner and almost run into them, waving the letter like a flag.

"SPINNIN' WANTS TO MEET ME!" My sisters exchange glances and look at me skeptically. I ignore them. "They sent me this letter in response to me sending in that last track, and they want me to come to the Netherlands to meet them and "discuss a future with them"!" My voice is so high pitched I'm afraid for a moment it was too high for anyone to hear.

Mom smiles at me, but looks confused. "Honey, remember we planned to go to North Carolina this summer? To see your cousins?" My face falls. Dad gives Mom a look. "What? What's that look mean?" I ask eagerly.

"I mean, you're obviously old enough to travel on your own. You turned 18 a month ago. Happy Birthday, Madi." My jaw drops. "Seriously? I can go? Tell me you're serious."

Mom raises an eyebrow and looks at Dad. "We'll have to discuss it a little bit, and read this famous letter... but I guess that should be fine. You're capable." She adds the last bit when she sees the hopeful look shining on my face.

I'm going to Amsterdam.

******* 

Yay Madi! I'm excited for these next chapters, both to write them and for you guys to read them.

Does anyone know if In the Name of Love is going to have a music video? I thought Martin and Bebe were shooting one a while ago and I was kind of disappointed when I didn't see one... If anyone knows please send me a message! :) -Remy 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

22.9K 430 174
Met on an shoot, Nova recently out a break-up and Martijn is still in an relationship with his girlfriend but she gets kinda jealous of her boyfriend...
122K 606 42
Smut for some of your favorite celebrities ( 18+ ) - request are closed! - completed.
17.4K 370 27
Zoë is an 18 year old girl who lives in London. However Zoë is Belgian. She moved to London because of her parents. Since the day she became 18 she m...
87.3K 1.8K 114
A collection of short fanfiction stories about the Dutch DJ Martin Garrix.