PRINCESS JOINING THE TEAM (Pr...

By Trufflerabbit13

She hasn't seen him for six years. He hasn't seen her for six years in actual person. Every year he sat... More

PRINCESS JOINING THE TEAM (Prince of Tennis FanFic)
CHAPTER 1 edited
CHAPTER 2 edited
CHAPTER 3 edited
CHAPTER 4 edited
CHAPTER 5 edited
CHAPTER 6 edited
CHAPTER 7 edited
CHAPTER 9 edited
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
Halloween Special

CHAPTER 8 edited

15.6K 323 48
By Trufflerabbit13

RECAP:

Inui-senpai moved his glasses up his nose and closed his notebook.

"Are you ready?" I question.

He gave me a curt nod and I looked at the official.

"Resuming the game, 15-love,"

I bounce the ball and raised it in the air, "Twist serve or reverse twist serve?" I laugh as my racket connected to the ball.

?!%?!% ?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!% ?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%?!%

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

'Man, this is fun' the long haired beauty thought as she returned the serve from her senpai. It smashed into the opposite court getting a point.

"Game Gray! 4-2!"

She ran her hand through her dark strands of hair grinning. Her eyes were sparkling with excitement, high off adrenaline of the game.

"Come on, Inui-senpai!" She yelled but quickly shut up as she looked at her opponents state, "You don't look too well!" Ayumi eyes changed into worry as she walked up to the net.

The spiky haired teen panted heavily, drenching with sweat, his legs shaking with exhaustion. The game with the female was too intense, she was beyond his level, every ball she returns increases with power making his arm muscle scream in pain. He moved his glasses up his nose with his trembling hand.

"I'm fine, please continue Ayumi-San," he muttered as he slowly walked and got ready.

Crowds had formed a while ago. Many were whispering to each other. They were awestruck how the Seigaku regular was losing so badly.

Oishi worriedly eyed his fellow teammate. His doubles partner Kikumaru sat next to him not able to sit still.

"Hey Tezuka," Oishi muttered not taking his eyes off the court while Ayumi made another point, "Is Inui going to be ok? Isn't he putting too much strain to his body going against Ayumi-chan?"

Kikumaru, Kawamura, and Momoshiro nodded in agreement as they grasped the wired fence fence.

"If anybody knows their body the most, it'll be Inui, he knows what his body's limit is, if it gets too much he'll forfeit," Tezuka had his usual stoic expression, his eyes hard.

Fuji quietly watched the game, eyes wide open, observing the girl he was going to have a game with. He was mentally taking notes in his mind, listing off her habits, her tennis style, and her weakness. The only problem, he couldn't find one.

He watched every single serve, return, steps, you name them. But he couldn't find a single weakness. But that only spiked up his interest towards his kouhai's childhood friend.

Honestly he was pretty attracted towards her, she was definitely not like the girls at Seigaku. Most of them usually blushed or stuttered when they talked to the Seigaku regulars but Ayumi was confident. She could have a friendly conversation without any effort, no stuttering or blushing, and her looks. She was quiet a sight. In shape, pretty face, and nice character. What any better?

But he knew he wasn't the only one who thought that, few of the members already took notice of this mysterious girl. And his eyes didn't miss the look the freshman ace had every time he looked at her.

Suddenly the clatter of a racket echoed making Fuji snap out of his thought. He whipped his head to the side turning his attention back to the game.

Inui's racket flew out his hand landing outside of the court. The data tennis player was staring at his arm and the racket in amazement.

Ayumi worriedly stared at her opponent, "Sorry, I should have controlled my return."

Inui suddenly laughed, he shook his head making droplets of sweat drop to the ground.

"Inui," Oishi muttered.

"I forfeit, my body can't take anymore, I barely can stand," he suddenly fell to his knee.

Ayumi sadly smiled and walked to the net easily jumping over it and giving a hand to the opponent.

"It was a nice game Inui-senpai," she smiled and helped her senpai up, "Hey can I get some help, he needs to sit and stretch and some icing for his muscle,"

Kawamura and Kikumaru quickly ran into the court and picked up their fallen teammate.

The freshman trio were silent in amazement.

"Wow," Kazuo broke the silence, "I've never seen Inui senpai like that," he muttered. The other two nodded in agreement and stared as the regulars ran around looking for ice. Oishi was running around in panic while Tezuka and Fuji were sitting beside him calmly.

Ayumi quietly sat next to where Inui was laid, "Can you smell?" She questioned.

Inui hesitantly nodded, "Ok try drinking this can you taste?" She gave him her Gatorade bottle to drink.

As he took a sip and Inui frowned lightly, "What is this? I can't taste it, is it water?"

Ayumi nodded in understandingly and placed her hand on his neck.

"Sorry Inui-senpai, this might hurt a bit," she whispered as she presses lightly on his neck muscle. He winced but sighed in relief when his body suddenly relaxed.

He sat up quickly and rubbed his neck, "What did you do?"

Ayumi sheepishly laughed and rubbed the back of her neck, "Well, while I was playing the game with you I got too excited and couldn't control my moves and kinda, umm, used yips?" Her statement ended with a question.

Inui frowned and he suddenly pulled out his notebook and pen out, "Ayumi gray can use yips like Yukimura from Rikkaidai," he muttered and he furiously wrote. You could literally see smoke coming out of his pen.

AYUMI P.O.V

'Yukimura? From Rikkaidai?' I thought recalling the name.

"Anyways, are you ok senpai? Any pain?" I questioned as I sat next to him.

He shook his head and took off his glasses, "I'm fine, I just need to rest, it was a very intense game Ayumi-San."

I nodded and stood up patting my pants, "It was a fun game senpai, thank you. I need to get ready for the next game though!" I eyed the tensai who was quiet next to Tezuka.

No to offense Inui-senpai, but I knew the game with Fuji senpai won't go smoothly as his, I'll have to use more of my moves.

"I've brought ice!" Oishi yelled as he ran over. He clumsily tried to wrap a bandage around Inui-senpai's leg but failed. I sighed and took the bandage out of his hand.

"Let me," I muttered as I grabbed the ice. I started to massage his calves and try to find the tense area, "Does it hurt here?" I questioned when I found a tense area.

He nodded stiffly, I applied the ice and swiftly wrapped around the bandage supporting the weight of the ice.

"Remember RICE," I remind making all four of my senpai look at me in confusion, "Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation when you get injuries," I explain.

"Your really good at this Ayumi-chan," Oishi senpai commented with a soft smile.

I shrugged, "I needed to know how to patch myself up after a hard game, you start picking things up from other people after participating in the US open for six years," he nodded.

"Mind if you-"

I looked up at the vice captain with a smile, "Oishi-senpai, I'll help you at whatever I can, just ask, and of course I can teach how to wrap bandage and how to take care of injuries."

He gave me another smile before walking off to look for Kikumaru-senpai.

I quietly stood up and pat myself down trying to rid of the dirt that clung to me. I squeal in surprise when I feel something cold on my bare neck.

"AH! Ryoma! What was that for?!" I whine and slap his hand that contained a frozen Gatorade bottle away.

He looked at me with his narrowed cat eyes, "You use yips? Since when were you able too?" He demanded making me wince.

I hesitantly smile and take a step back, "Ummm three, four years?"

He stated at me for a moment before scoffing loudly, "Liar, you looked to your left, your lying habit,"

I frown, "I did not!"

"You just did it again!"

Damn, he knew me too well. To well, I can't hide anything from him.

"How many years Ayumi, how many year have you been hiding this move? I've never seen you use it in the US open, and don't lie because I will be able to tell," he stated making me pout.

"But Ryoma! Why do you care?!" I whine once again. I flinch as he glares at me, he has an bad ass glare that could make anyone pee in their pants.

"Ugh! Fine! Six years! I master it completely last year!" I pout and look away.

It was silent so I hesitantly looked up and saw him looking at me, "You knew how to use yips six years ago? Why the hell didn't you ever tell me?"

I sighed and rubbed my forehead, "Because you'll act like this, I d- kya!"

I was picked up and was swung into the air by Ryoma.

"Gosh you're amazing!"

Wha?

"Now you could help me counter the yip for the Rikkaidai captain!"

Again with the Rikkaidai, what the heck was that?

"Ryoma! Put me down!" I scream as Ryoma continued to spin me.

(A/N I know it OOC, but let's just say Ryoma acts different around Ayumi)

A cough made Ryoma stop and drop me to the ground making me landing on my butt with a thud. All the tennis team was looking at us with amusement while I winced and rubbed my sore muscle.

"Apparently Echizen's character changes around Ayumi-San," Inui-senpai muttered as he wrote into his notebook as he sat o the bench.

I could tell Ryoma stiffened and I looked up to see a bit of a pink on his cheek. Aw, he blushed!

I sigh and got back up, "Yeah! Ayumi-chan might help us be able to beat Yukimura from Rikkaidai!" Kikumaru-senpai yelled as he cartwheeled.

I sweat dropped at his energy but frowned as I heard the name again.

"Who's Rikkaidai and Yukimura?" I question.

Everyone's head snapped to my direction in surprise, "You don't know Rikkaidai?"

I shook my head for a no, "Rikkaidai isn't a person but a school in Kanagawa, it's a middle and high school with an powerful tennis team. They're one of the schools that always compete with us at nationals," Ryoma explained.

I nodded finally knowing what they were talking about, "Then who is this Yukimura guy?"

Ryoma stiffened at the name making me more interested, "Yukimura is the Rikkaidai tennis club captain, he's one of the people Ochibi can't easily beat!" Kikumaru senpai yelled gleefully.

I giggled when Ryoma gave the cat like teen a death glare that made him shriek and hide behind Oishi-senpai.

"Senpai, I was able to beat him three years ago, I still can now," Ryoma cockily said a smirk back on his face.

"So this Yukimura guy can do yips?" I question my interest towards the Rikkaidai captain increasing.

Taka-senpai nodded while Momo-senpai lazily put his arms around my shoulder.

"Yeah, that guy is scary though. He may have a girly face but he's as strict as Buchou!"

"Fshuuuu, idiot get your arm off her, and stop the yelling your freaking annoying," Kaido-senpai muttered making a irk mark to appear on Momo-senpai's head.

"What did you say Mamushi?! I didn't hear you?" Momo-senpai yelled bringing his face fairly close to Kaido-senpai.

I laugh nervously, "Momo-senpai, he just was probably worried for me, right Kaido-senpai?" I step in middle of the snearing two.

"Hn," Kaido-senpai muttered as he looked away from Momo-senpai, being the mature one. Momo-senpai sneered at him making me sweat drop.

"Gray, get on court, your making Fuji wait," I snapped my head towards Tezuka Buchou in shock.

"What? He's already ready?"

I quickly grab my racket and ran onto the court.

"Sorry senpai, I didn't notice you were waiting," I sheepishly apologized and smile at him.

The tensai gave me closed eye smile while griping his racket and then open his palm again, "It's alright, you seemed pretty interested on Rikkaidai," I shrugged in answer.

"Kinda, the captain sounds interesting, maybe I'll go see their practice."

Fuji-senpai smirked, "Well I hope you do that after we finish our match, I'm quiet excited actually."

I nod in agreement, "All out from the beginning?"

He nodded, "All out from the beginning."

I nod and swirl my tennis racket, "Rough," he mutters.

I nod as the racket lands on rough, and throw him the ball.

"May the better player win," I grin getting ready.

<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<

A/N

Ok done! I apologize for the short chapter!

Vote and comment! Love all fans!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

976K 53K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
985K 39K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
183K 7.5K 53
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
1.6M 54.4K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...