Colourless

By probablybelle

At the age of eighteen, everyone's blood changes colour. Whether it becomes blue, green or otherwise, the col... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Epilogue
Acknowledgments
I MADE A PREQUEL
THIS IS REALLY SPECIAL, GUYS!!
Q&A ??
UPDATE AND IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!!
forgotten part... don't read
yep, another one...
look away while you still can.
alright, you asked for it...
thank you... ❤️

Chapter Thirty-Five

30.3K 1.6K 164
By probablybelle

Raising my hands, both Malik and Ellie scramble to pull me back as I willingly step forward; Melanie's gun remaining trained on me and I slowly stepped closer. "What do you want from us?" I scowl, "From all of this? Why even keep us segregated?"

"Pearl, sweetie, don't you know how the world works?" Melanie all but cackled, stepping out from behind the safety of her husband and the tall desk — her poised gun unwavering. "There have always been the lesser people; it's what makes the greater people shine brighter than the stars! You see a celebrity and they're treated like gods. I mean, I don't know anyone who looks up to a filthy slave."

"Perhaps that's because you haven't given everyone the equal chance to thrive," I spit venomously, entering a dangerous tango with the seemingly trigger-happy woman. "It's called equality, bitch, get used to it."

Melanie scowled, pulling back the safety catch on the gun. "People have being saying that for centuries, poppet," a smirk tugs at her full lips, "And yet... here we are."

Circling around her, I ensure the woman stood before the now paneless window. With a deep breath and a surge of sudden strength and courage, I paused my movements abruptly before lurching forwards. My hands met the woman's chest and the sound of a bullet firing was muffled — my ear painfully ringing — and I shoved her backwards; a searing pain tearing through my shoulder as Melanie stumbled back; searching blindly for the window that wasn't there, before disappearing over the edge.

Peering out of the window, I almost vomited at the sound of Melanie's helpless screams; her body plummeting towards the distant earth below. I couldn't tell if our eyes were meeting during her descent, but I hoped that they weren't as I crumbled helplessly to my knees — several hands immediately gripping onto my shoulders and the fabric of my coat..

She was still falling; and the ways of old were slowly falling with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 83.7K 47
"You no tell this girl that I said, I want no relations with a darkie?" She spat to me, making my eyes go wide. What? I thought to myself and Gio tr...
9.8M 498K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
210 43 11
Davis Russell is offered a chance to join an expedition to research a theory he has had for many years. The theory has gotten him laughed out of most...
Run By -`prantikaˊ-

Science Fiction

43.9K 4K 40
Highest Ranks - #76 SF | 31/8/17 #146 ADV | 1/1/18 10K Reads | June 19th, 2018 ...