From Thief to Princess (Book...

By CatsCornerChaos

A girl with a troubled past finds herself in a world that is not her own when the Prince picks her from the c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31- Final
Update!

Chapter 10

189 4 1
By CatsCornerChaos

I woke slowly. Tobias was still here, asleep. I sat up a little smiling as i looked over him. He looked peaceful, his eyes closed and his face relaxed. I reached up slowly and pushed a stray hair from his face, waking him up.

"Hey," he smiled his voice heavy with sleep. I smiled at him again. "What?" he laughed a little.

"Nothing," i smiled. I kissed his cheek, feeling the stubble against my lips. "Tonight, I'm going to show you my home."

"Deal," he smiled. "I'm gonna go have breakfast and lunch with Ray so she doesn't feel like she's lost already." I laughed but nodded. He stood and left the room. I sighed and fell back onto the bed laying where he just was, it still smelled like him.

I hadn't realized that i drifted off to sleep again until i felt a hand on my shoulder, gently shaking me awake. I rolled over and found it was Mia, she was smiling down at me warmly. I sat up and pushed some hair out of my face.

"Thank you for worrying about me," i smiled at her. "Tomorrow night wanna try another movie night?"

"Absolutely," Mia smiled. "So what are you two going to do today?" I was going to answer but she quickly shushed me. "No what happened last night, i saw the Prince leaving here early this morning."

I laughed at her shaking my head. "He came to check on me and then we started watching a movie, but i fell asleep before we got too far into it." Mia laughed at me. "He slept here but he's on his way to go see Ray. Tonight I'm taking him out for a view of my town."

"Shall i help you pick an outfit for him?"

"Absolutely," i smiled again. "I'm going to get dressed really quickly and then we can go look at his clothes." Mia nodded and i hurried to the closet. I changed into a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a black t-shirt with my old boots. I pulled down a red jacket with a large hood and tossed it on my bed before joining Mia.

Mia guided me down the hall to Tobias' personal bed room. It was set up like mine except his walls were blue and silver. I smiled a little and went to the closet. His closet was filled with princely clothes; all suits and ties. I dug through the closet but i couldn't find anything simple. The closest thing i found were a pair of dress pants.

"He has no regular clothes," i sighed looking at Mia. She was standing in the middle of the room not touching anything. "Where can i get some?"

"We can go into the city if you would like? There is no rule against that." I smiled at Mia and nodded. I took her hand and we were off. The guards opened the gates for us without a word and they closed behind us again. Mia stayed close to me as we walked through the market.

"Is it safe out here?" Mia asked. I found a pair of jeans in his size, a new pair freshly made. I bought them and put them in the bag with the shirt and jacket i got.

"Of course," i laughed. She was clinging tightly to my arm as we walked. "I lived out here on my own for years. You're safe with me." Mia nodded. Out of habit when we passed the fruit stand i pulled an apple from the stand.

"E.J.!" Mia gasped but i couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Old habits die hard." She shook her head at me. "Come on, I'll take you to this great place for lunch." We weaved through the crowd and entered the small shack. Jonas was the owner of this place, he was a friend. When he saw me he hurried in from the back and hugged me. He was a big man with a bald head and a brown beard with smiling brown eyes.

"Look at you looking all fancy in some nice clothes," Jonas laughed at me. "I heard about you and i couldn't believe it."

"Trust me neither could I," I laughed. "This is Mia she's a friend." They shook hands smiling.

"So what can i do for you?" Jonas asked hoisting up his belt only for it to slid further down his belly.

"Right now lunch," i smiled. "But tonight i want to bring a friend here but there can't be too many people around for it."

Jonas smiled at me. "It'll be clear by nightfall my dear," Jonas smiled. "And lunch is on me!" He turned and left then heading back into the kitchen. Mia and i sat at a table while lunch was being cooked.

"How do you know this guy?" Mia asked looking around wearily. She did not trust it.

"Made a friend, made deals with him and that's it." She nodded and kept silent. Jonas came out with two barbecue sandwiches. I smiled in thanks as he left. I picked it up and ate it watching Mia try and figure out how to eat it.

"Wow this is amazing," Mia laughed after her first bite. I nodded in agreement my mouth too full to speak. We ate in silence stuffing our faces with food. After we ate we hurried back to the castle.

'Wear this tonight and pick me up just before nightfall,' i wrote on a note for Tobias. I set it all up on his bed and left going back to my room. I cleaned up a little and brushed my teeth and fixed my hair a little, braiding it to the side.

"You ready?" a voice asked from my room. I stuck my head out and saw Tobias. He was wearing the clothes i got him and they did fit him perfectly. He was wearing a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt with a black jacket.

"Don't you look like a normal person," i laughed stepping out again. He smiled at me. "So we are going to get food from a guy i know then i will show you my town."

"Just one question." I looked at him waiting for the question. "Why was there an apple in the bag?"

I laughed despite everything. I shrugged on my jacket and walked over to him. "I'm a thief, old habits die hard."

"Oh boy am i learning things about you." I laughed and took his hand bringing him behind me. I stopped just inside the doorway to step out of the castle and looked at him. I stood on my tip toes and pulled up his hood. It was like mine, big and full hiding his face in shadows.

"Where are we going?" Tobias laughed.

"Sh," i smiled. I pulled up my hood as well and we were off. We weaved through the empty market place and into Jonas's place. He was right it as empty. We pulled down our hoods and took a seat.

"E.J.," Jonas smiled. "and?" He looked over at Tobias and his eyes went wide.

"Toby," i smiled giving a wink to Jonas. "We want the special please."

"As you wish Jae!" Jonas smiled before leaving. I looked at Tobias now still smiling.

"What have i gotten myself into?" He laughed.

I winked at him. "Trouble." He leaned over the table and gave me a quick kiss. "This is Jonas's place, he's a friend. I gave him some of the stuff i may or may not have stolen and traded it for food."

"May or may not have stolen?"

I laughed. "You have no proof of what i have or have not done, so let's just leave it at that." He laughed at me. Jonas came with a giant silver platter filled with food; ribs, mashed potatoes, pork, and corn all piled together.

"Enjoy," Jonas laughed. I tossed him a coin and he caught it before leaving again.

"Where do i start?" Tobias laughed. I pointed to the ribs while i picked at the pork. "Wow," he laughed. "This is, wow."

I laughed nodding with him. "Keep going it gets better." We ate and talked through dinner until the plate was nearly empty. We called a goodnight to Jonas and stepped out pulling our hoods up.

"Now what?" Tobias smiled.

"How good are those muscles of yours?" I smirked.

"Good, what are you thinking?" I smirked but didn't answer. I took his hand and brought him towards the edge of the kingdom, towards the wall. I found the house i was looking for and we stopped looking up.

"What are you doing?" Tobias called as i began to climb the gutter. I laughed and looked down at him.

"Are you scared my prince?" I called back.

"No but-"

"No buts! Now come on!" I heard him grumble something and felt the gutter shake as he began to climb. We climbed up and up and up till we reached the roof. I reached the top first and helped Tobias up.

"God you are crazy!" he gasped bent over trying to catch his breath. I laughed at him.

"Look around," i breathed. He stood up and looked around. We were on the second highest roof in the city, the only thing higher than here is the castle. Everything looked so small from up here, the people looked like ants, the houses like toys.

"Oh wow," he gasped. I smiled and leaned into him as the wind picked up. He put his arm around me holding me tight to his side.

"When did you find this?" Tobias said. We were sitting on the edge now looking over the city.

"Just after i left the house," i whispered. I didn't want to break the silence that had surrounded us, it was nice. "I actually met Mac up here."

"And you brought him here?" a voice asked behind us. I stood spinning around to face who it was; Mac.

"Mac what are you doing here?" i gasped. Tobias was standing behind me now, i could feel his warmth.

"I should be asking you that!"

"Mac this is a public place I can bring whoever i want here." He scoffed and shook his head at me.

"You don't get it," he laughed angrily. "You should be here with me not him. I'm the one who did all of this for you!"

"Mac!" i yelled before he could continue. "I never liked you like that," i breathed. "You knew i never did." He looked at me, eyes wide and jaw dropped. He was hurt, his hands shaking and tears welling in his eyes.

"Goodbye Emilia," he practically whispered. He turned and left before i could say anything else. I stood there watching his spot, waiting for him to come back but he never did. Tobias pulled me into a hug and he held me while i cried.

Mac's POV

I walked into Ray's room, my face stinging from the wind. She looked up at me from her spot on the bed. She was smirking as though she knew i would be back to speak with her. He shut the door and looked at her.

"Okay," i breathed not even believing what i was doing. It all felt like a dream. "I'm in."

"Are you sure? She is your best friend," Ray said. I winced at that my heart aching.

"She is not my best friend, i don't even know her anymore." Ray smirked and nodded patting the bed next to her. I walked over and sat down and we began hatching a plan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34 0 13
A young girl, Hope, gets taken from the life she knew and has to save a newly found friend. In doing so she allows herself to be captured. In captivi...
290 10 11
A young human getting turned into a vamp and his whole life turning upside down. He is found by a secret organization that takes him in as a apprenti...
77 0 26
Following the travels of an extraordinarily sized teenage girl. She's going to discover things about herself that she never would have realized. And...
638 22 7
A snobby princess gets sent off into the wilderness for safety, to wait for her knight to come save her. Jokes on her that the "knight" was just an a...