The Billionaire // H.S & S.G

By harlenaislife

They always tell you not to mix business with pleasure. Cover by @CelticLove Highest Ranking #19 in Fanf... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Epilogue
Thank You

30

19.9K 573 171
By harlenaislife

A/N: HEYY. I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER! I MADE IT LONG JUST FOR YOU GUYS! TOMORROW IS MY RESULT. I'M TERRIFIED. OH AND TYSM FOR 500 VOTES & 5K reads!! DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE! xxx

Selena

After two weeks of "causal meetings" as Harry calls it, Harry finally asked me out on a date. I didn't want it to be something really fancy so Harry invited me to have dinner with him and Millie. I was reluctant at first but later on I agreed.

So right now I'm getting ready for my date. I put on a sky blue flowy dress that falls to my knees. I decide to wear white high heels as they would looks great with the contrast. Harry wanted me to come over by 7 and his house is almost 45 minutes away from mine so at 6:15 I head to my car.

After a good 45-50 minutes, I reach Harry's mansion. I park my car close by and walk towards the house. The door was opened by a sweet old lady who told me she was Harry's housekeeper and her name was Brenda.

As soon as I walked inside I think I caught Millie's attention as she came running to me,"Selena!" I noticed that now she can pronounce my name properly.

I bent down to hug her,"Hi there." I smile.

"I'm so happy you're here." She smiles.

"I made cupcakes for you! Do you like cupcakes?" I ask.

Her smile grows even bigger,"I love cupcakes"

I smile at her,"Then that's great!" I say handing her the plastic container.

Harry walks down the stairs and smiles once he sees me,"Hey"

"Hi" I say.

"Daddy, Selena made me cupcakes!" Millie squeals holding up the box in her hands.

"You shouldn't have Selena." Harry says.

"I had some free time on hand and everyone loves cupcakes so.." I say.

"Millie why don't you go put the cupcakes in the fridge and we can eat them after dinner?" Harry says.

"Okay daddy!" Millie says and runs to the kitchen.

"You look beautiful like always." Harry says.

I slightly blush,"Thank you."

Harry smiles at me and leans in, he presses his lips onto mine for a few seconds and then pulls away. He grabs my hand and says,"Come on, let's watch some cartoons!"

I chuckle at his statement as he leads me into the living room.

"Selena, do you watch Dora all the time? I do. I love Dora!!" Millie exclaims.

"Well not all the time but when I'm with my sisters I do." I smile at her.

"You have a sister?"

"Yes, I have two." I smile.

"Can I meet them?"

"Well they don't live with me but whenever they come we can arrange a playdate."

"If they're your sisters why do they not live with you?" Mille asks confused.

"Okay enough interrogating Selena!" Harry says and I laugh.

"Daddy can I have a sister?" Millie asks.

I just look at Harry with a smirk,"Sweetheart....maybe one day."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Millie then averts her attention back to the television.

"So what are you going to kidnap a little girl?" I ask chuckling.

"Nope. I can make one" Harry says with a smirk.

"Sure you can. With who?" I ask.

"Maybe you?" He whispers in my ear causing a shiver to run down my spine.

"The only way that is going to happen is if you drug me and rape me." I joke.

"sure love" Harry smirks at me.

"Trust me, nothing will be happening"

Harry chuckles and places a kiss on my cheek,"Help me with dinner?" He asks.

I smile and nod and walk into the kitchen with him.

We set up the plates on the table as well as the pasta Brenda had cooked which smells amazing by the way. We also set down some wine for Harry and I and some coke for Millie.

"Millie come on! Dinner's ready!" Harry calls his daughter.

"Okay Daddy!" She says coming into the room. Millie walks over to me and holds my hand,"I want to sit with Selena!"

"But I wanted to sit with Selena!" Harry pouts and I laugh at how adorable he looks.

"No daddy! I'm sitting with Selena!" Millie says.

Harry huffs,"Fine." I smile at how childish he's acting.

I take a seat beside Millie and Harry sits opposite us. We start to dig into the food,"Do you and daddy work together Selena?" Millie asks.

I smile,"Yes we do."

"Daddy said you're his friend too."

"That's right Millie, Selena's my special friend." Harry says and winks at me.

"What's a special friend?"

"Special friends are those who fulfill each others needs." Harry blurts and my eyes widen at how inappropriate and wrong that sounded but Harry just smirks.

"A special friend is like a best friend. Do you have a best friend Millie?" I glare at Harry and correct his very inappropriate statement.

"Yes I do. Her name is Ashley. We have been friends forever!" She says and I smile at her.

After dinner we sit in front of the tv talking with Millie sitting between us who who was occasionally talking but mostly into her cartoons. After while she just fell asleep between us while we were still talking. Harry and I were talking about our pasts, our families. I had just finished telling him about how Daniel and I met, he asked.

"Louis and Eleanor had been dating since high school and then they moved to New York together to pursue their dreams. Louis was in NYU stern with me while Eleanor was studying at the NYU Faculty of Arts and Science. In our freshmen year we went to celebrate Eleanor's birthday and there she introduced me to her roommate and old high school friend Amber Ray. El didn't go to the same high school as Louis and I so I had never met Amber before. She was quite, somewhat a nerdy blonde girl who spent way too much time reading books. At first I didn't really find her very fascinating but the next few months I got to know her and she was amazing. She was shy on the outside but she so smart and Clevver. She was also witty and sarcastic and most importantly she had a heart of gold. Somewhere along the way we fell in love. I'd never been happier in my entire life. After college we moved in together and we both pursed our dreams. When everyone was telling me that I was delusional and could not possibly handle a company of my own at such a age, she believed me and always supported me. She even went against her parents will and invested all her life savings in my company. She was my rock. My angel. The love of my life" Harry says with a smile. His eyes were abit red and tears were just threatening to spill.

I move my hand from my lap and place it on top of his and give him a reassuring smile.

"Within two years, when we were 25 I was earning in millions. We moved to bigger house and everything was perfect. I finally popped the question and she said yes. We had this huge wedding in London with all our friends and family. We were happier then we'd every been. My work was going great, her gallery was a huge success and everything was perfect. Just when we thought things couldn't get any better, a year later she was pregnant. Almost immediately after we got the new of Amber bring pregnant we moved here. She decorated and designed every inch of this house. She used to call it her "dream home". One of the reasons I'm so attached to this house." Harry pauses and wipes a tear that fell to his cheek.

"Anyways after eight years and five months of complete and utter bliss, something terrible happened. After five months of being pregnant one morning her morning sickness was too extreme causing her faint right there in my arms. I immediately rushed her to the hospital and after Amber was conscious again, the doctor gave us some news. There were a few complications with the pregnancy. The doctor told us that she has a very severe condition that we later found out was a genetic thing in her family.The doctors told us that there was a 80% chance that I could lose either Amber or the baby. And there was a 70% chance I could lose both. As soon as we got home I told Amber to get an abortion. That was the only way possible. There was a chance the baby wasn't going to make it anyways. I couldn't. I just couldn't lose her. However Amber being the stubborn person she was never agreed. She kept telling me that her mother survived and so did she and her siblings. I told that we can try again, we can adopt. But she said she just wasn't going to kill our baby. Even if that means she'll die for it." Harry's voice cracked and tears were streaming down his face.

I squeezed his hand for assurance, and gave him a weak smile. He looks at me and wipes his tears away,"Are you alright?" I ask.

He nods his head and continues,"After nine months, I came home from work one day to see Amber practically bleeding to death in our bedroom. We rushed her to the hospital and she had a C-section. A healthy baby girl was born. However I hadn't lost Amber just yet. She was in a coma for a good 7 months. Her heart beat was normal and the doctor's were pretty confident that she would wake up and be just fine. They kept saying that her body just needs a little time to heal. She could hear me and sometimes she even made little movements giving me more hope. I used to visit her three times a day and once a day I used to take Millie with me. However one day while I was talking to her, Millie was in my arms. Her heart just stopped. Right there in front of my very own eyes. The doctor's took her to surgery hoping to do something but she was gone. Amber was gone." I get up from the couch and sit on the table that was in front of Harry.

I hold onto his hand and he looks at me with blood red eyes tear stains on his cheeks,"I'm really sorry to hear about Amber." I say sincerely.

He gives me a weak smile and squeezes my hand,"After I officially lost Amber for good. I had thoughts about taking my own life. Life without her seemed so hollow and incomplete. I couldn't live without her. I had even gotten adoption papers, I couldn't take care of a child. I didn't know the first thing about being a father. The seven months were all the help of my mom, sister and my friends. I couldn't do any of it without Amber. I just couldn't. One night, a week after Amber passed away I was lying in bed staring at the ceiling thinking of a way to end my life, it was around 2 am. Then I heard crying from Millie's nursery. I hadn't even named her till then, I wanted Amber to do that, that was always the plan. I walked into her nursery and picked her up in my arms. I sat in the rocking chair and just tried to calm her and her her to stop crying. She finally did and just stared at me with those emerald eyes and those red cheeks that look exactly like her mother. This was the first time I was holding her, I only ever held her was to talk to Amber. There and then I broke down. I started crying about everything and I realized I have a reason to live, I have this beautiful baby in my arms who's the last thing I have to remember Amber. I couldn't give up on her. I never could. That was the night I decided her name, Millicent Amber Styles. I promised myself that I was going to live this life the best I can just for my daughter. That night I also made another promise and that was never to fall in love or like someone again. Never to open up. Never to do anything but live with Amber's memories. A few months after Amber passed away I found this box of letters in my closet that Amber had written for all of us. Me, El, her parents even one for Millie when she was older. She told me to be happy and to move, she said that she doesn't want to see me alone and lonely. She wants be to happy. But I wasn't going to break my promise. Seven years I was perfectly fine. Until you came along Selena." Harry says and looks up at me.

"I've come across the most beautiful women in the world and none of them ever made me want to go back on my word, except you. You came along and turned my world upside down and I hated it. I thought I was being unfaithful to Amber and I just couldn't do that. Then I was reminded by my friends that Amber didn't want this for me and I re-read her letter, even though I had already memorized it by heart, I read it once again and realized that I need to give us a chance. I want to start over. Amber will forever always be in my heart but I can't hold onto her any longer. She doesn't want that. So I'm willing to go back on my word just to give us a try." Harry says smiling at me.

"Thank you for telling me all of that." I say.

"I'm glad I did." Harry smiles at me.

"We should really put Millie to bed before she breaks her neck sleeping like this." Harry jokes and picks up Millie in his arms and takes her to her room.

Harry and I talk for a little while longer and after 10:30 I decide to head off home. Harry kept telling me to drive safely and take care of myself.

I reach home at 11:15 and just fall onto my couch. God I'm so exhausted. My phone rings and I press answer without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" I ask.

"You promised to call as soon as you reached. I was worried." I smile at the concern in Harry's voice.

"I just got back. I'm sorry I forgot. I'm safe and sound." I say.

"Good." Harry says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 1.4K 30
"You were more than enough then and you're more than enough now,"
9.8K 235 78
After all, dreams aren't all they are made out to be~ ♡ previously named "Sexaholic Roommate" ♡ removed at almost 1million reads *COMPLETED* -Mature...
24.2K 151 125
A love story based on instagram Read to find out Completed April 19,2021 #20 zelena #22 harlena #231 Selena Gomez
371K 5.7K 92
What if Jack Gilinsky liked one of your picture? Highest Rank #10 fanfiction (8/3/17) #20 fanficition (5/16/17) #49 fanfiction (5/15/17) #85 fanfici...