To Kill an Assassin(Hunterxhu...

By theshynation

"Look like th' innocent flower, But be the serpent under 't." -Lady Macbeth act 1 scene 5 Mai lived unde... More

Introduction X Beginning X The story begins
New Assignment X Hunter Exam X Who's Killua?
Old Memories X Old Clothes X New Adventure
Rookies X Flunkies X My target
New Friends X New Enemies X Who's who
First Phase X Physical X Psychological
The Past X The Present X No Future
Imposters X Liars X Idiots
Through X The X Swamp
Inside X And X Out
Second Phase X Cooking X Killing
Untold X Roasted X Smoked
Exam Over X Not Yet X When
Exploring X Revealing X Truth be Told
Revenge X Or X Assignment
I'm X Not X Mai
On a Blimp X Get the Ball X Stow away Beware
Killua is Mine X Third Phase X Trick Tower
Majority rule X Time is X Of the Essence
All is Fair X in Love X and War
Brains X Over X Brawn
Path X to be X Ignored
When a X Ship X Sinks
A Girl X Named X Mai
Hunter X Hunted X Huntress
Seeing X a New X Side
Final X Exam X Approaches
Conclusion X Ending X The story Ends Pt.1
Conclusion X Ending X The story Ends Pt. 2
Book 2! ^.^
How to Kill an Assassin Artwork

Cloudy X with a Chance X of Eggs

1.2K 34 3
By theshynation

     The applicants looked like they were ready to beat her up and shouted about how this was a load of bull-poop. Once again applicant #255 yelled aggressively at her and attacked. Menchi was able to dodge his strike and even made him smash onto the ground giving him a nosebleed. Everyone was upset that they had failed the Hunter Exam and looked like a bunch of teenagers throwing a fit. Menchi began talking on the phone. I wanted to laugh at how she would yell at the phone.

"This isn't right; the exam shouldn't be allowed to end like this." Gon said sadly.

     Killua and I looked at him sympathetically as he put a sad expression that would make anyone depressed to see. And for once I wondered why he wanted to pass the Hunter Exam. Eventually, my curiosity spread for throughout the group, and I kept wondering, "what's the big deal about a Hunter license?" I don't know much about it, except that important people possess them. "What use can a kid like him have?" Better yet, what use can I do with one?

"I don't care! My decision is final!" Menchi continued to yell at the phone.

"I apologize about her," Buhara said in remorse of her behavior.

     The other applicants murmured among themselves saying that she was crazy and expressed their anger again. Maybe if I ask Gon directly, he can give me an answer because apparently, Killua isn't good with questions.

"Hey Go..." I said but stopped after not seeing the spiky-haired kid who was just next to me. Wha... where did he go?

     Killua pointed at Menchi and made a snickering face. I turned to see Gon take away Menchi's phone from her hand.

"Excuse me, can you hold on for a second?" He says into the phone.

     After her shocked reaction, Menchi took back the phone and yelled at Gon. Oh boy, Gon can you be any more admirable.

"I have to pass the Hunter Exam, or else I won't have the chance to meet my father," he pleaded.

... His father? That's why he's doing this? A knot suddenly formed inside my throat and I cupped it with my hand. This kid is going through all this trouble to meet his father, who for some reason he has never met. I looked at Killua who seemed to be in deep thought of Gon's mission.

"Well, I don't care!" Menchi responded. They began to discuss; however, it was mostly Menchi shouting at him.

     A loud crash sounded behind us, and we all turned around seeing applicant #255 smashing one of the sinks. He grumbled then insulted all Gourmet hunters by calling them pathetic and how all they do is sit and eat all day. Well, this seemed to have ticked Menchi remarkably because she was unusually relaxed, which are the dangerous types of anger.

"If it were up to me I would've broken your bones by now," Buhara stated. "Menchi though, she would cut you up and make a meal out of you."

"I would like to see that," Killua and I said mischievously.

     Menchi stood up and was suddenly holding a knife in both hands. She ordered us to watch and learn from the demonstration she was going to give us. As she walked out, we all followed her and saw her leap into the air disappearing at an instant.

"Now what?" I ask, already getting bored.

"Well, she said that she'd return in an hour, so I guess we just wait here," Kurapika responded.

     Even though he spoke in a serious tone, he still manages to show a small smile that reveals kindness. As if to ruin the moment, I heard the beeping from my "happy" meter. It was beeping earlier, but I tried ignoring it. However, now it was on the verge of being filled. Kurapika noticed the sudden worry on my face and looked concerned, so I tried to look natural.

"Wow, an hour sure is long. What do you want to do?" I say nervously.

"I want to know what's making you so nervous." he replied, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," I respond, fiddling with my fingers. That's weird. Usually, I can lie to anyone no problem, but with Kurapika... better yet, with all of them... I can't.

"Does it have something to do with what Pokkle told us?" he asked.

     My fingers stopped, and I stared at him, looking into his vengeance-filled eyes. For some reason, he knew that I had listened to their conversation. He was going to find out eventually. I mean, he did get to experience my pre-stage of becoming Muh. Plus, he's smart. So I know that sooner or later he would connect the pieces. Also... I want him to know; maybe he can help me or... or... end up dead, just like Lee.

"Please don't cry," he had a cloth out, ready to hand it to me.

     I hadn't realized that tears filled my eyes and the knot returned to my throat. Before the dam holding my tears back could break, I dashed back to the river where I had caught the fish with Killua. My head became cloudy, and I was frustrated because I'm not one who would cry for anything... or at least allowed. I sat down on a rock and tried to clear my mind, I've always thought that assassins were supposed to be emotionless. Not a single concern about their victim to interrupt their work. But then I met Killua, sure I haven't seen him kill anyone, but he seems like an average kid around Gon. A bit monotone, but he cares just as any person should... I think. Then there's Kurapika, who cares about me even when I didn't give him reason to, also after I kneed him. I haven't had much time with Leorio, but I can somehow sense that he would help me no matter what. But Why!? How can I be someone they care about in such a short time. Would things still be the same even after they find out I'm an assassin and about Muh? Should it matter to me!?

"Ahhh!" I screamed in frustration as I pulled out a knife and stabbed at the rock, which split in half.

     Of course, things wouldn't remain the same because then there would be one member missing, Killua. I can't believe I was getting off course. My assignment is one thing and one thing only, to kill Killua Zoldyck. An urge began to form inside me as my thirst for the red substance demanded to be fulfilled. It's nice that you see things my way, I can hear Muh saying in my head. Now, let's go and finish off that assassin.

"Yes," I whispered as my legs moved on their own.

     My assignment is to kill the heir of the Zoldyck family, Killua Zoldyck. I kept repeating that over and over in my head until the splashing of water from the lake interrupted my thoughts. My legs stopped, and I turned to see a fish swimming in the lake. My gaze shifted to the rock where Killua and I stood. My desire for blood began to settle down, and I was able to think clearly. She did it again, she almost took over me. I can't ignore my assignment, so I will wait till the very last minute which is at the end of the Hunter Exam.

     A blimp flew over the trees and was headed back to where the second phase is being held. I quickly ran after it, then found everyone outside staring at the airship. A figure jumped off the flying vehicle and was falling at high speed. As it got closer, I noticed that it was a person who landed on the ground sending a significant amount of wind around him. It was an old man. He left behind the crater and walked up to Menchi without a scratch, she then referred to him as the chairman. Man, I wonder how much his head is worth. Menchi was apologizing and seemed really nervous around him demonstrating the chairman's great power of authority. I ignored them and searched for Gon and the others. Wow look at me now, at first I wanted to stay away from them, and now I'm looking for them.

     Leorio was easy to spot because he was the tallest, so I walked over to him. My attention was back at Menchi and the Chairman, apparently, it turns out that we all get a second chance.

"The test is, a boiled egg." She announced.

     Everyone seemed surprised at the request and claimed that it was going to be an easy pass. Menchi asks the Chairman if he could give us a lift in which he approved. We arrived on top of a mountain that was split in half. As we all looked down at the edge, Menchi explained that at the bottom was a deep river and could not be seen. She then jumped off the side of the cliff, leaving a lot of applicants with wide opened mouths. The Chairman thus informed how in between the mountain were Spider-eagle eggs. Menchi returned to surface by climbing back with a brown spotted egg in her hand.

"Okay, enough lecture. I think it's our turn." I say getting ready to jump off.

"Yea!" Gon said diving in after Leorio had jumped off, followed by Killua stepping off and Kurapika falling backward.

     I leaped off the ledge and free fall to the spider webs that held sacs of eggs. As I tried catching the spider web line to hang on, it snapped, and I continued falling.

"Mai!" Leorio cried.

     My body shifted so that I would be near the wall. Then I took out two knives and stabbed them into the wall. As I slowed down, I began to climb back up to the other applicants where their faces were as white as Killua's.

"Man, that was embarrassing," I say grabbing an egg.

     We all managed to obtain an egg, except those who fell in the river. Not even #255 who tried to take Gon's egg even after Gon had saved him from falling.

     We all waited for our eggs to boil; however, it seemed like no one knew how long to cook them for.

"Hey Gon," I whispered to him. "So why did you save #255?"

"Because he needed help, so I helped him," he responded with a bright smile.

"Of course, you did," I say disappointed.

"Man, how much longer!" Leorio complained.

"I don't even know how long you're supposed to boil a regular egg," Killua commented.

     Buhara's nervous expression revealed that the eggs were ready, so we pulled them. Menchi was annoyed. Once the egg cooled a bit, we all took a bite and resulted in the same reactions at how amazing these eggs were. Wow, I've never eaten anything this good or clean! Menchi then declared the second phase to be over and that we have all passed with a total of 42 applicants.

"I guess you are still in the Hunter Exam," Killua commented at my side.

"Yup! There's no escape from us!" Leorio stated as he placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me a thumbs up with the other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72 0 12
Lexus has lived for so long, that almost nothing surprised him. But, this area he was in, this world... It was different, dangerous in most parts, bu...
9.8K 272 42
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* You are gon's sister you look nothing alike because you are like your mother. You never wanted to see you...
121K 3K 36
❝ hola. soy dora. can you say: i'm fucking sorry? - y/n ❞ ⟢ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ gon accidentally trips you and pushes you into a new life with ...
4.1K 192 20
In this story, The gang (including Y/n) go their separate ways to achieve their goals. When Y/n faces new challenges it always ends up in a horrible...