Trust Me

By theHygge

~c o m p l e t e d~ We were jumped. It wasn't the first time. The city was rough, and we had grown up in it... More

Trust Me
Home Is Where the Heart Is
Thoughts
Madder Than a Wet Hen
Sports Bras, Spandex, and Ice Water
Four Wheelers Aren't for City Girls
Sorry Reminder, Sorry Escape
The Sin Wagon
Everybody's Hero
Stars and Perfect Potraits
Even You, Brutus?
A Not-So Cinderella Story
Cranky Ken and Bitchie Barbie
Kiss and Make Up
Perfect
Kisses and Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Surreal
The Dark Side
With Every Beat Of My Heart
Raise Hell
Pass The Ammunition
Ripped, Torn, and Shattered
I Love You, Okay?
Only Hate the Road When You're Missing Home
Where Ever I Am(epilogue)

I'm Not a Vegetarian

3.3K 118 13
By theHygge

♥♥♥Alright, here's the next chapter! Also, I didn't even edit this one a little bit. Usually I try to, but I couldn't this time. Sorry! Hope there aren't too many hideous mistakes!♥♥♥

Levy' P.O.V

 Quinn seemed okay for the next week. I had crept back into her room that night, even though she had said I could go back to mine. I wasn’t sure if I went back over there because of the look in her eyes when I was leaving earlier, or for my own peace of mind, but either way, I went back and woke up in the morning with Quinn curled against my chest.

 The day after our trip to the city, she had seemed a little off, but that was expected. We went out to the field where we kissed for the first time, she helped me fix the sin wagon, and we watched the twins tried to dance to N*SYNC with the help of Josie and Sully, who seemed to be back on track. The twins must have kept their mouths shut about me and Quinn, because no one said anything to us. We had talked about telling them a couple days earlier, but we weren’t sure. There was a rule against foster kids dating each other, and I didn’t know if I would be able to handle not being with Quinn. It seemed as natural as breathing, to be with her. So we kept it quiet. But we both knew that it was just a matter of time before Maria caught on. Mark was so unobservant,  we weren’t too worried about him.

Then, a little over a week since our trip to the city, Maria called Quinn and I over the intercom. We were sitting in my room, playing monopoly on my bed. Quinn sat across from me cross legged, her blond hair over one shoulder. She twirled a piece of it around her finger as she thought about which of my properties to steal next. We had been at it all day, and Quinn was ruthless. I reminded myself never to play board games with her again.

We looked at each other when we heard Maria, and Quinn raised a slow eyebrow.

“Gee, wonder what this is about.” She said softly, and I nodded. She bit her lip, and I could see her struggling to keep up the sarcastic façade.

“What if she tells us we cant…you know, be together.” She asked sheepishly. I studied her, but she wouldn’t meet my gaze.

“When was the last time we followed a rule?” I asked, hoping to see her smile. It worked, and a small smile spread across her face.

“Good point.” She said, standing up. We slowly made our way down the hall towards Maria’s study, where she had told us to go. Quinn took my hand, and I knew that even if Maria wasn’t about to talk to us about…us, then she would be finding out.

I didn’t bother to knock, just opened the door and went in, followed closely by Quinn. Maria was sitting behind her desk, her dark brown hair pulled into a tight bun, her glasses resting on the bride of her nose. She looked up when we came in, and smiled a little. Maria wasn’t a harsh person, but she would follow the rules.

“Levy, Quinn.” She said, smiling and standing up. We didn’t say anything, and I glanced down at Quinn. Her shoulders were straight, her face set in her usual stubborn expression, showing no fear, as usual. I almost smiled, then looked back at Maria as she sat on the edge of her large, shiny desk. She sighed and took off her glasses.

“Guys, I would have to be blind to not see what’s going on between you.” She said, looking at us with raised eyebrows. We remained silent. “And it’s forbidden for foster kids to date each other. It’s a widely excepted rule.” She said, and I tensed a little.

“Maria, if you tell us-” Quinn started,  an edge to her voice, but Maria cut her off.

But, if anyone asks, I see nothing.” She said. It took me a minute to absorb what she said. Quinn smiled at her. “I’m not an idiot; I’ve read Romeo and Juliet, and I know that neither of you are going to listen to me anyways. I think that rule is useful, however. Are you two sure about this? Because if things go south…” she said, trailing off. We both knew what she was going to say, but looking down at Quinn, with her shoulders set and her stormy gray eyes determined, I was sure.

“I’m sure.” I said, looking at Quinn. She looked up at me and smiled a little, making me smile back.

“Yeah,  me too.” She said, and we both looked at Maria. She pursed her lips.

“Okay then. However, there are rules. Such as no kissing at the table. No inappropriate touching at the table. No kissing in front of the kids, or Mark, or me. No inappropriate touching in front of-”

“Yeah, we get it, Maria.” Quinn interrupted, and Maria smiled a little.

“For the record, I was always rooting for you two.” She said, winking at us. I felt my eyebrows draw together in confusion. Maria waved her hand.

“No, out. I’m busy.” She said, but smiled at us. Quinn grinned at her, and I waved as we quickly left the room before she could change her mind. Quinn grinned at me when we were in the hallway and began dragging me back down the hall towards her room.

“I cannot believe how well that went.” She said, and I chuckled.

“I know, that was surprising.” I said, and she laughed, obviously in a good mood. Once in her room, I held her hand and pressed my lips to hers, wrapping my other arm around her waist. She kissed me back, seeming a little surprised. After a moment, I pulled away.

“What was that for?” she asked breathlessly. I smiled at her.

“Well, I was just thinking, now that Maria knows, I guess its time I took my girlfriend on a proper date.” I said, and she smiled a little.

“I like that sound of that.” She said, and I smiled a little as we went over to her bed and collapsed on our sides, facing each other so our faces were inches apart. Over her shoulder, I could see the picture she kept of Jake on her nightstand. She ran a hand through my hair and smiled.

“Where are we going to go?” she asked. I grinned at her.

                                                                           *****************

“Are you almost done?” I called, my head resting in one hand.

“Almost!” Maria called back, and I heard Quinn groan, making me smile. I was sitting in the kitchen, wearing a black button down shirt and my only pair of jeans that didn’t have a rip in them, feeling all fancy. Yes, for me that’s fancy. In New York, I had never gotten dressed up. I remembered sitting out side on the park benches on some schools Prom night when I was fifteen and seeing all the guys wearing a tux, and all of the girls wearing long, gorgeous gowns. I remembered feeling left out. I would never go to a prom, never get to wear a tux, never have a pretty girl as my date.

I smiled as I remembered that. It wasn’t a particularly happy memory, but there I sat, wearing as close to a tux as I would get, with the most beautiful girl in the world in the world getting ready to go on a date with me. It seemed surreal, and I sort of felt like that gangly fifteen year old in need of a shower and a hot meal.

Finally, I heard the door open, and Maria appeared in the door of the kitchen.

“I present to you-” she frowned when Quinn  stepped into my view. “I told you to wait until I said it.” Maria said.

“Sorry…” Quinn muttered. I barely heard them, I was so focused on Quinn. I wondered if this was what it felt like right before you died, when you got tunnel vision, and everything seemed dim. Except her. She was clear as day.

She wore a red, fitted dress that was short, but not too short. A pair of gold heels adorned her feet, and she held a small gold bag in her hands. Maria had done her hair and makeup, and she looked stunning. I wasn’t entirely sure what Maria had done with the makeup, but it was working. Her hair was piled on her head,  the pieces around her face curled.

She looked incredibly uncomfortable, and I smirked at her. She narrowed her eyes and stuck out her tongue at me as Maria came rushing back into the room. I hadn’t even seen her leave, but she now held a camera in her hand.

Yep, it was time to go.

I stood up and took Quinn’s hand, winking at her.

“Wait, I want a picture!” Maria called as we quickly headed for the door. I heard Mark chuckle from his office, and I was glad that none of the guys were there to comment.

“Sorry Maria, but we’re going to be late for…dinner.” Quinn said quickly as we opened the door.

“Bye, Maria!” I called, and I heard her sigh.

“Have fun, and be safe!”  she called, making me cringe. Quinn shut the door just in time for me to hear Maria laugh, and we quickly made our way to the sin wagon.

Once inside, I looked over at Quinn. She took a deep breath.

“I barely made it out of there with my life.” She said, and I chuckled.

“You look beautiful.” I said honestly, and she blushed, then looked away.

“Yeah, right.” She said sarcastically, and I raised my eyebrows.

“You do!” I said, leaning over and kissing her cheek, then moving down to her neck. She laughed and pushed me away.

“Lets just go.” She said, smiling at me. I chuckled and threw the sin wagon into reverse as we headed down the driveway and away from the house. I could see the figure of Mark and Maria in the window.

As I drove, Quinn tugged self consciously at the edge of her dress, and constantly touched her hair. I could tell she was uncomfortable, and after a few minutes, I pulled over in front of a gas station. Quinn looked over at me quizzically as I reached into the back seat.

She gasped when she saw the shorts and t shirt I had grabbed from her room and stashed in the car when she was getting ready. I grinned at her and she threw her arms around my neck.

“I knew there was a reason I kept you around!” she cried, taking the clothes.

“You don’t have to, though. You do look amazing.” I said, and she smiled sheepishly.

“Thanks,”

“But you’re scaring me.” I said, and she laughed, then got out of the car.

“I’ll be right back.” She said, taking off her high heels and trotting towards the gas station. I smiled as I watched her go. She looked amazing, but I knew she was uncomfortable, and looking at her all dolled up, and I began to realize more than ever that this girl was way out of my league, and I was suddenly selfishly worried that she was going to realize it.

A few minutes later she hopped back in the car and put the dress in the back seat. She wore a black AC/DC  t shirt and a pair of jean shorts, and still looked like the most beautiful girl in the world, and I was still worried she would realize she was out of my league. Her hair was still done up, but she had managed to wash the makeup off. I smiled when she looked at me.

“There’s my girl.” I said, honestly relieved to see her plain face again. I thought it was more beautiful anyways. I don’t care if that’s cheesy, it’s true. Call me a dick, but that wasn’t true for every girl I saw, but Quinn was special.

“Now I look like a bum next to you!” she cried as I started to drive. She was looking accusingly at my black button down, and I smirked and used my free hand to unbutton the top buttons, revealing my black avenged sevenfold t shirt beneath it. She laughed and leaned back in her seat.

“You should leave the fancy shirt on.” She said, and I glanced over at her.

“Why?”

“You look good!” she said, as if it should have been obvious. I snorted and shook my head, and she laughed then fell silent.

“So where are you taking me?” she asked a few minutes later. I smirked.

“Maria made reservations for us at Suit and Tie.” I said, and Quinn gasped.

What? That place is so formal! I t smells like money!” she said, and I laughed.”How are we going to afford it?” she asked, and I snorted.

“I have money.” I said, and she frowned a little.

“It’s really expensive though, and I don’t want you to spend all of your money on our date.” She said, and I looked over at her.

“It’s worth it.” I said, and she looked away.

“I still feel bad.”

“Would it make you feel better to know that I found fifty bucks of it on the ground in a grocery store?” I asked, and she laughed.

“No, not really.”

“Oh. Well, we won’t order desert then, if that would make you feel better.” I said, winking at her. She smiled and rolled her eyes.

“You’re such an idiot.”  she said as we pulled into the restaurant. It was fairly crowded, and I could see women in fancy dresses and men in suits sitting inside the brightly lit building. A waiter in a tux walked over a table near the window with a tray of wine. Quinn let out a low whistle as we stepped from the car.

“I should have kept the dress on.” She said, smirking at me. I laughed and tugged at the top button of my shirt. She rolled her eyes.

“Fine, take it off. I’ll look like a loser anyway.” She said teasingly. She bit her lip and came closer to me, already making my heart race.

“Want some help?” she asked, winking at me. I smirked at her, and she stood on her tip toes to kiss me, pressing her soft lips against mine, immediately making my thoughts scatter. She was absolutely intoxicating. I put my hands on her waist, and suddenly felt her small hands start to unbutton my shirt. I hoped no one would come out and find us making out with what appeared to be my girl friend stripping me down in the parking lot. The thought was fleeting, I was too absorbed in Quinn, the way she felt, the way she tasted, the way she smelled.

Suddenly she pulled away and patted my chest. My black shirt was completely unbuttoned, showing off my avenged sevenfold one.

“Too bad there was another one underneath there, huh?” she asked teasingly, winking at me. I tried to regain my composure and smirked at her.

“Maybe next time.” I said, and she laughed. I shrugged off the black button down and tossed into the sin wagon before taking Quinn’s hand and heading towards the restaurant.

“Can I help you?” the man behind the podium asked when we entered, sounding a bit haughty. He was young, probably not that much older than us, and was wearing an immaculate tux, his dark brown hair slicked back. I grinned at him.

“Yeah, reservation for Levy Grimmer.” I said, and he looked over Quinn and I, taking in our casual t shirts and jeans. His eyes lingered on Quinn longer than I would have liked, but she didn’t seem to notice. He looked at me with evident distaste before scanning his book and finding my name.

“This way, please.” He said, leading us towards a quieter part of the restaurant, probably so us commoners wouldn’t be mixing in with the good folk. I didn’t really care; the less people, the better.

“Thanks,” Quinn said, not smiling when he pulled out her chair for her. He put two menus on the table in front of us and folded his hands behind his back.

“Can I interest you in some wine?” he asked.

“Sure,” I responded at the same time that Quinn said, “No thanks.” She gave me a look then looked back at him.

“We’re too young, sorry.” She said, offering a tight smile. The guy smiled back at her, ignoring me.

“No problem, miss.” He said before bowing and walking away.

“Geezum Crow.” Quinn said, shaking her head.

“We could have gotten alcohol.” I whined, and she rolled her eyes.

“We could have gotten arrested.” She added, and I chuckled.

“Good point.” I said, looking around at the people around us. I raised my eyebrows. “Why are all of the guys fat?” I asked, looking back at Quinn. She shrugged.

“You know what they say. Fat always floats to the top.” She said, and I laughed. Quinn picked up the menu and started reading through it.

“I cant even pronounce this stuff.” She murmured, and I picked up my own menu, scanning through the various meals, many of which began with “ah la” something or other. Quinn’s eyebrows pulled together in an adorable gesture of confusion. I laughed and rocked back in my chair, tilting on the back two legs. Several people gave me a dirty look, so I leaned forward again and laced my fingers together. Quinn tossed the menu down and sighed.

“Whatever, I’ll just order the first thing on the menu.” She said, smiling at me. She leaned forward so we were closer.

“You know, I could get used to this.” She said, flicking her gaze around. I snorted.

“Are you kidding me? You’d blow your brains out after two days of fancy living.” I said, and she laughed.

“Yeah, you’re probably right.” She said just as the waiter came back.

“Are you ready to order?” he asked, and Quinn raised an eyebrow at me.

“Um, yeah.” I said, then looked at Quinn. “You go, Quinn.” I said brightly, and she shot me a look, then opened the menu, shut her eyes, and stuck her finger on a random place. She opened her eyes and held the menu up to him.

“This one, please.” She said, pointing to something with an unintelligible name. He looked at her, then back at the menu, then forced a smile and straightened his back.

“Yes, my dear.” He said, then reluctantly turned to me. “And for you?” he asked, and I grinned at him, then pointed to a random one. He looked at it and nodded, then offered a tight smile. “Right away.” He muttered, then smiled one last time at Quinn before heading off. I scowled after him, annoyed. Quinn laughed, breaking me from my reverie.

“You’re so cute when you’re jealous.” She said teasingly, and I tried to scowl at her, but it didn’t work. She smiled at me and leaned forward in her chair, resting her elbows on the table, and resting her chin in her hands. On an impulse, I reached out and gently tugged on a curl beside her face, watching it spring back into place. I smiled, and she snorted.

“You’re such a child.” She said, smiling at me. She looked down for a minute before meeting my gaze with those stormy gray eyes. “I’m…really glad, erm, that we… that you took me out on a date.”  She said sheepishly, blushing lightly. “I know I’m not always…easy to deal with, and I think we both know that it’s difficult for me to get close to people, but I thought I should tell you, that with you, its…easy.” She said, frowning for a moment as she thought. “God, I’m such a cheese ball.” She snorted, looking away. That shy look crept back onto her face, and she looked down. I gazed at her, not even sure what to say.

So I didn’t speak. Instead, I leaned across the table and kissed her, knocking over a glass in the process and causing a lot of people to stare at us. Quinn kissed me back, and I could feel her smile against my lips. After a moment, I pulled away and sat back in my seat.

“You make it easy.” I said simply, and she grinned awkwardly, fiddling with her napkin. Just then, the waiter came back and set out food down in front of, cast me a distasteful glance, and quickly walked away, leaving me and Quinn to stare at our plates.

“What is this?” Quinn asked, poking at a piece of broccoli. The only one on her plate, along with a small mound of something I guessed was ground beef but all fancied up, a spoonful of rice, and a weird brown drizzling of something along the edge of her plate. Mine looked similar, only with a slice of…was that egg? No, it was tofu. It was a vegetarian meal. Vegetarian. 

Quinn and I looked at each other, then suddenly burst into laughter. People stared at us and grumbled, shifting uncomfortably in their seats. We were laughing too hard to even formulate words.

“Is this like, a taste test?” Quinn gasped out, making me laugh harder. I could eat the whole thing in one bite. She wiped her eyes and we tried to compose ourselves. After a moment, Quinn looked mournfully down at her plate.

“but I’m hungry…” she said, and I grinned.

“Mickey D’s?” I suggested, and she grinned.

“Sounds good.” She said, and I nodded.

“I'm not a vegetarian, for gods sake." I teased before standing up. "I’m gonna run to the bathroom, if the waiter comes back, give him this.” I said, tossing some money on the table. I looked at my plate, snorted, and shook my head before walking away. What a disappointment.

♥Tell me what you thought! I know this is probably getting a little boring at this point, but I still hope you guys like it! It'll pick up soon!!♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 324 14
He rushes behind a car as I'm shooting at him as he's shooting while running away. "Imma Kill You Manny!" I growl at him angrily as I keep firing sho...
Given Time By K.Ward

Teen Fiction

2.9M 67.7K 55
As kids, Leah and Tanner hated each other. To this day, they still do. Tanner Cole is tall, dark, tattooed, and insanely attractive, though his ugly...
5M 109K 65
Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall way that day. I didn't know anything abou...
10.4K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...