Loving My Tutor (RETURNS!!)

By crownedkt

(Sequel of Hating My Tutor) Alice Scott has a major crush on Anthony Welson, a fifteen-year-old boy in her E... More

Loving My Tutor
Plan A: Talk To Him
Plan B: Get Him To Be My Tutor
Plan C: Keep The Phone In My Hands
Plan D: Save My Crush
Plan E: Find The Controller
Plan F: Eat The Kitchen When I Get Home
Plan G: Make It Home Before The Police Do
Plan H: Forget About Plan B
Plan I: Don't Be Late

Plan J: Pretend The Sweater Is Yours

272 17 19
By crownedkt

Hey hey cookies! I am here, after forever... I  am so I have been having trouble with writing in general and focusing on one project 😭😭But I don't want to abandon Loving My Tutor because of it. Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to update! I'm back with a chapter, hope you like! (;

I really love this song at the moment!

BTW I SPELL BOTH ADRIEN AND ADRIAN for Adrien/Adrian, I'm too lazy to fix it. Please just accept it 😂

ENJOY! *throws chocolate covered strawberries and sugar cookies at you* hope you like!

*Alice's POV*

My eyes follow the knife that was about to stab Dylan, the main character of the movie. Half of me hoped that he wouldn't get stabbed. I mean, he can't die. He's the main character! The other half of me knew that some scriptwriters like to torture us watchers and kill the people we grow to adore.

I suck my bottom lip into my mouth and bite on it hard. I watch as Dylan's eyes widen and blood starts to pour continuously from his chest. The guy, Ryder, stabbed near his heart.

"No!" I shout, squeezing onto the strings of Anthony's sweater. "What the heck! How could you do that to Dylan?!"

"Alice, be quiet!" Jason hushes, turning the volume higher.

"But he's dying!" I exclaim with a horrified tone.

"Shhh," Jeremy rushes, waving his hand impatiently.

A smile suddenly appears on Dylan's face. "You shouldn't have done that," were his words. His voice sounded deadly.

He's talking! This is a good sign. He may still live.

He slowly lifts himself up and turns towards Ryder.

"Mom! Can we-"

"Kyron, move!" Jason, Jeremy, and I both yell in unison. He was blocking the TV screen.

"Sorry, are you guys in the middle of watching a movie?" He asks, still blocking the screen. He turns to see what we were watching. He nods in approval. "This was a good movie. I really liked the part when-"

"Lovely, lovely, but you're blocking us from seeing!" I tell him, feeling anxious.

He raises his hands up in surrender before walking away.

"Alice!" Dad calls. "Someone's on the phone for you."

Arghhh, why are people deciding to call now?

"Not right now!" I rush.

"Okay, but it's the Anthony kid! I'll tell him to call you back," my dad says.

"Dad, wait!"  I immediately jump up from the couch. "Press pause and don't press play," I command Jason.

"Fine. You only have ten seconds before we turn it back on," he says.

"Okay, okay, fine." I dart towards the kitchen and run over to my dad who was sitting by the island with his work.

"I apologize Anthony, but my daughter is currently busy with-"

"No, no, I'm not busy!" I cut him off. "Give me the phone, give me the phone."

"Okay, okay. Take it, take it," dad chuckles as I grab it from his hand.

"Hey, Anthony. Sorry," I apologize once the phone was by my ear. "Did you need something?"

"Alice! Ha, I knew you'd answer if I told your dad to say I was Anthony."

I gape before glaring at the phone.

"Melissa, that was not a funny trick," I say flatly.

She giggles. "I'm so sorry, but I need your help. Ad-"

"Uh, nope! No help for you because you just did that. I'm in the middle of watching a movie, bye!"

"Adrien and I are stuck in the bathroom!" Were her words before I hung up.

I stare at the phone in my hand perplexed. Wait, what?

The phone starts ringing showing Mel's number.

I press the answer suggestion. "I'm only answering because I'm curious how you got stuck and why Adrien did along with you."

"It's because of his little sneaky, devious sister. We were watching her and she said she heard a big noise coming from the bathroom. She wanted us to check what it was, claiming she was scared. Then when we were in she closed the door on us, knowing fully that the lock was broken!" She exclaims in one breathe.

"It serves you right to be stuck after what you did to me." I huff.

"Come on, don't be mad at me now! You can be mad at me later. Please come and help us, Alice!" She pleads.

"Can't you both jump out of the window?" I suggest.

"It's too small," she explains. "Alice, just come~"

"Okay okay, fine!" I give in. "What's Adrien's address?"

She tells me the address and I quickly write it down on a random paper that was on the counter.

"Oh! You'll have to put in a code to unlock his door, too," Mel mentions.

"Okay, lemme just ask my dad if I can come."

"To Melissa's?" Dad asks.

"Well, our friend Adrien. She's helping him babysit and she needs my help," I explain.

"Sure, I'll tell your mom. Have fun."

"Thanks Dad," I say. "I'll see you later tonight."

I record the lock numbers quickly before hanging up. He only lived a few blocks away. How convenient.

Taking the paper with me, I walk back into the living room to see the movie already playing again. I shake my head. These twins are so impatient. I'll just finish the movie later.

<><><>

"Not that one. Not that one. Not that one either," I mutter to myself as I peddle down Adrien's block.

I scan the numbers on the houses, waiting for Adrien's place to appear before me. My lips curve with satisfaction once I spot it.  I jump off my bike and rush towards his door.

Time to save the day.

With my dad's toolbox in my hand, I enter the house.

"I'm here!" I sing loudly.

"Alice!" Both Adrien's and Mel's voices shout in relief. "We're in the last room down the hall!"

I laugh as I follow the sound of their voices to the bathroom door.

"Okay, how am I supposed to get you guys out exactly?" I ask them once I was in front of the door. I stare at it unsure.

"I was thinking we can all push on the door together," Adrien suggests. "The pressure may cause the door to burst open."

"We tried that fifty times, Adrien," Mel says tired.

"I know, but now we'll have the power of three!" He insists.

"Alright, we'll try again then. Alice, you push forward, we'll push back."

I follow her instructions and use all the strength that was in me to push the door forward.  It refused to react.

"Aww, I was so sure it'd work."  Even with the door blocking my view of them, I knew Adrien was pouting.

Mel tsks. "We need a new plan."

"Okay. I bought a toolbox with me, but I don't know how to use it," I admit.

"Youtube!" Adrien bursts. "Look it up on Youtube. I'm sure they'll have some video to help us. Youtube is very reliable in that department."

"I don't have a phone though," I tell him.

"Just unscrew the screws with a screwdriver," Mel says.

"Yes ma'am." I open the toolbox and get the screwdriver out before twisting out the screws out.

"Wait, Adrien. Where's your little sister?" I pause to question.

"She's in timeout in her room," he answers simply.  "Anthony is watching her so she won't come out."

"Oh, okay," I nod.

My eyes then widen when I review what he had just said. "Wait, Anthony is here?!"

Melissa laughs. "Surprise! Adrian called him after I called you."

I suddenly felt self cautious and scanned my outfit. Everything was fine except the fact that I was still wearing his sweater!

Oh carrots, I hope he doesn't come out of Adrien's sisters room. I don't know what he'll think if he sees me wearing it. He'll probably want it back.... I'm not ready to give it back to him! It's only been a few hours.

I groan. I would take it off but all I have under is a tank top so that won't work. Okay. I know what to do.

Plan J: Pretend The Sweater Is Yours.

I know I've came up with better plans in the past, but at the moment I didn't have too may options or rather any options to consider.

I smile to myself. I mean, I wouldn't mind if the sweater was mine. To keep. Forever.

I shake my head and focus my attention back on the door. The door knob was loose and I was able to peak through. 

"Okay, the screws are now out. What's the next step?" I ask expecting an answer from Melissa.

Instead, a different voice answers. The only voice that can make my heart jump over the moon and return with a speed that was too much for me to handle.

Anthony.

Surprisingly, I wasn't surprised it was him. But I wasn't ready either!

"You know, you can use a knife instead of doing all that," Anthony informs, leaning against the wall with an amused smile.

I smile nervously. "Yeah?"

"Pfft, you should've done that before then Anthony!" Adrien exclaims.

"I only thought of it now, sorry." He gives the door an apologetic look as if Adrien could see through.

Please, don't notice the sweater... I silently plea.

"You can screw the nails back in." He turns back to me, pointing at the knob.  "I'll go get a knife."

That sentence didn't sound reassuring, but I did as he said. 

"Now look at this," he says once he returns. "My cousin taught me this trick."

He slides the knife in between the door and doorpost and bends it. Click. The door opens.

I stare at him in awe. What a genius move.

The next thing I know both Adrien and Melissa are giving us hugs.

"Thanks for saving us!" Adrien's exclaims his gratitude.

"Y-You're welcome," I squeeze out, my cheeks turning pink with Anthony being so close.

"I'm going to have a word my little sis. You guys can hang out in the living room for now," Adrien says, after letting go.

We nod, leaving him to play the big brother role.

Together we pass through the hallway and enter the living room. With a sigh, Melissa flops herself on the couch.

"Thanks for coming guys. His sister is quite the handful. Now I get the reason why he wanted help."

I take a seat next to her and raise my eyebrows, questioning that statement. "I think that's partly the reason why."

Mel's cheeks flush as she throws the pillow out my face. "Shut it."

I laugh. "That's for the prank you pulled."

"I won't pretend to be Anthony again, now forgive me alrea-" Mel cuts herself off when she remembers Anthony is sitting on the other couch. "Oh shoot."

I don't dare turn to look at Anthony and instead keep my face to Mel's with absolute horror.

"Did I say Anthony? Haha I meant Andy. Alice's cousin."

Mel attempts to fix her mistake but it doesn't stop my cheeks from turning into cherries.

Thankfully, Adrien and his little sister enter the living room, making it appear that what just happened didn't happen.

"Okay everyone. I have an announcement," Adrien declares, walking his sister in between the couches. "My sister would like to apologize. Right?"

He looks down at his sister. She nods, her eyes to her toes.

"Right. Now go on," he encourages her.

"I'm sorry for locking you in the bathroom Melissa," she mumbles.

"Good, and what else are you sorry for?" Adrien motions for her to continue as he takes a seat next to Anthony.

With a nervous twist of her heel, she looks up at us. "And I'm sorry for making you two come here."

"Good girl." Adrien pats the seat next to him, gesturing her to join him.

"It's okay," Mel says with an assuring smile. "We forgive you."

She smiles before turning to Adrien with hopeful eyes. "That means I'm not in trouble, right?"

"You're still in trouble," he says flatly.

"Aww." She pouts.

"This is Alice by the way. She's my classmate and Melissa's best friend."

His sister waves her small hand. "Hi Alice."

"Hi," I greet her with a smile.

"Do you want to tell her your name?" Adrien asks.

Her toothy grin answers for us.

"My name is Briella, but you call me Ella," she says.

I couldn't help but smile at her proud look.

"That's such a pretty name Ella. How old are you?"

"Seven! Just like my favorite number. I also like two and twenty, oh! And also five."

"Ah! No way my favorite number is five too. High five!"

I hold my hand up for her and she runs over to high five it.

I grin. "You're sister is too cute Adrien. I wish I had one too."

"Trust me, you really don't. They get real bratty real fast. No offense Ella."

Ella huffs. "Whatever. Big brothers are stupid."

"Don't say that. You know you love me," Adrian says, pulling Ella into a hug. She pulls away though and changes her spot to sit by Anthony.

"Well, I love you at least." He then turns to Anthony and I. "Did you guys eat dinner?"

"Not yet," I say, suddenly feeling hungry at the mention of dinner.

"Same, I just had a snack."

Haha Anthony and I are twinning.

"Lemme give you something to eat then!"

Adrien is quick on his feet as he jumps off the couch and hurries to the open kitchen. He then opens the fridge with a thinking face as he scans the shelves.

"Hmm, nothing looks appetizing since most of it needs to be heated up. But.... We have cake!" He takes a box out of the fridge. "You guys can have some as I find some actual food you can eat."

"Yummy! Can I have cake?" Briella asks. "Please please please."

"Sorry Briella, but I can't give you after what you did."

"Aww, but I said I'm sorry." She crosses her arms over her chest.

"I know, but this way I won't have to tell mom and dad. That's what you really wanted, right?"

My heart breaks as I watch her frown. Poor thing.

I never pictured Adrian as one to discipline. It's really funny actually.

In only a minute, Anthony and I were given a plate with what smelled like Napoleon cake.

"Oh my gosh, this smells so good," I comment but then feel bad for Adrien's little sister.

"I know right? This is my favorite kind. Do you want some too, Melissa?"

Melissa thinks for a moment, scrutinizing my piece to see if it's worth her calories.

"I'll just take some from Alice," she concludes.

"Pfft, get your own," I say, pulling the plate close to me.

He chuckles. "One more plate for Melissa coming right up."

The moment Adrian's back is to us, I notice Anthony sneaking a piece of his cake to Ella. When he finds me looking, he put his finger on his mouth, eyes asking to keep quiet.

I nod with a smile.

He's so sweet.

"Anthony!"

Anthony freezes in place and I try not laugh as I eat my cake.

He's definitely done for.

"You're not supposed to give her cake." Adrien whines. "Now she'll think what she did was okay."

"I'm sorry but I can't eat this cake knowing how much she wants it too ," he says. "I suck at disciplining kids."

"Fine." Adrien opens the cake box. "Briella get over here."

"Really? Yay!" Briella jumps off the couch and runs with excitement to Adrian.

He hands her two place. "One for you and one for Melissa."

"Ah! I'm so excited to eat this!"

She walks over to Melissa and hands her the plate.

Mel smiles in appreciation. "Thank you, Ella."

She grins and returns to her seat next to Anthony.

"Your my favorite friend of Adrian's now," she says as she looks up at Anthony.

I wanted to say same, but of course kept that to myself.

"Now?" Anthony pretends to look offended. "Wasn't I always your favorite?"

She nods, stuffing her face in the cake as she licks its frosting. "I meant to say always, too."

"You're happy I made you come?" Mel smirks as she nudges my shoulder.

I nudge her back, hiding my smile.

Of course I was happy. This is way better than the movie.

"Okay, my parents are coming home in two hour, so we have time to watch a movie. That's if you guys wants to stay which I'm sure you do. That's what the cake is for." He winks at us.

I laugh. "Sneaky and effective since it worked. I'm up for staying."

"Same, I may even sleep here," Anthony says, letting himself fall into the couch. "You know I love your couch."

"Go for it. Any movie suggestions?"

"Elsa!" Ella shouts. "Can we watch Anna and Elsa please?"

"Yes, we can watch Frozen." He smiles and then turns to us for confirmation. "Sound good, everyone?"

"Sounds perfect to me," I say.

"Yes! I love Frozen!" Mel exclaims.

"Will you sing the song with me Ella?" Anthony asks.

"Yes! Do you wanna build a snowman~" she sings.

"Yes, I wanna build a snowman~" Anthony sings back, holding his fork as a microphone.

We all laugh.

"We're watching Frozen Two guys," Adrian corrects.

"Even better," Anthony says. "On three Ella. One."

"Two."

"Oh no, everyone close your ears," Adrian warns as they count three.

"Into the unknownnnnnn~" Anthony and Ella burst out loud, going for the high note together.

Melissa and I laugh.

I've never seen Anthony like this, and I didn't know he was good with kids. It makes him ten times cuter when he's already a million times cute. I felt kinda privileged to be able to see this side of him.

Adrian is so lucky to have him as his best friend.... *crying emoji*

I wasn't even sure what Anthony and I were. I mean, I think we're friends. Or is that just me assuming? Oh gosh, what if I'm just a classmate to him? Or just "partners in his English class"? Or just Alice who's just Adrien's friend??

I shake my head. I'm thinking too much into this.

Well, if anything I hope he sees me as a friend. And if it's anything more, I am totally cool with that.

For now though, time to focus on the movie.

<><><>

We were halfway through - eating an actual dinner - when the movie started freezing on us.

"Oh, come on Disney plus. What are we paying you for?" Adrien glares at the screen as he repeatedly pressed pause and play.

A tune starts to play from Adrien's pocket. "I'll deal with you in a second," he tells the screen before answering his phone. "Hey, mom. What's up?"

"Hey, hon," we over hear. His phone was pretty loud, even though it was off speaker. "We're on our way home early, how's Ella?"

"Oh! Uh- Ella is great. Sleeping like a princess," he says. He looks over at Ella who was not sleeping like a princess rather pretending to dance like one.

"Amazing. Thanks hon. We'll see you soon."

"Right, see you, bye!" Adrian rushes to end the call. "Okay, change of plans. You two need to go home." He points to Antony and I. "And Ella, you need to go to sleep or at least pretend your sleeping beauty."

"Aww, but-" Ella starts.

"I gave you cake." Is all he has to say to get her moving.

"Okay okay, let me at least hug your friends goodbye."

He nods. "Of course. Sure thing."

"Bye Anthony." She hugs him tightly.

"Bye Melissa." She hugs her tightly too.

When she comes to me, I hug her. "Bye Ella. It was super awesome meeting you."

"You too, Alice!" She grins, her teeth shining with joy. "You all should come again. Four babysitters is so much fun."

"I agree," Mel nods. "Let's invite your other friend Andrew next time. Then we'll have five babysitters."

"Your favorite number," Anthony points out.

This excites her. "No way! That would be so cool."

"Very, very, but for now sleep," Adrian says, getting back to business. "Sorry to rush you out guys."

"It's all good. Thanks for having us over," I tell him. "You're a great host."

"Aww, thanks Alice, and you're a great guest."

I smile brightly and curtsy. "Have a goodnight."

"You too." He pretends to tip his invisible hat. "How are you getting home?"

"I have my bike outside but-"

"Anthony do you think Alice can catch a ride home with you?" He asks, cutting me off. "It's too dark for bike riding."

"Yeah, sure. I texted my brother, he's on his way."

"There you go." He smiles.

I blush. "Thanks."

Adrien is just like Melissa, always trying to put me together with Anthony.

I don't mind at all! It's just so sudden and I don't want to be awkward.

It's easy to be myself when we're with a group, but when I'm alone with him, I just don't know what do with myself.

"See you tomorrow at school." Melissa gives me a hug. "Call me when you get home, okay?"

I nod. "Will do."

"Let me walk you both out," Adrian says, running over to the front door to open it for us.

Anthony and I walk out, entering a sky full of stars.

"Adrien I think that's your moms car," Anthony says, pointing at the end of the block.

"Frik. Go hide behind the bushes over there. Quick and goodnight!" And with that jumble of words, he closes the door on us.

"Uh- to the bushes?" I say.

"Let's go."

We both run and hide, making it right before the car turns to park into the driveway.

I try to cover my mouth from laughter and notice Anthony do the same. We both couldn't help but at least silently laugh to each other.

It felt like we were hiding from the police.

"Oh my gosh, there going to notice my bike," I whisper worriedly.

"That's Adrien's problem now," he chuckles.

His eyes then widen when he sees another car drive down the drive way.

"Oh no. That must be my brother. Quick follow me.

I do as he says and run with him down the block towards his brothers car.

He waves his hands, trying to get his brother's attention.

The car slows down by us with the window down.

"Anthony? Why did you walk all the way here?" His brother asks.

"Trying to hide from Adrien's parents," he answers quickly. No further explanation given.

He opens the back door for me and waits for me to get inside. Feeling a little hesitant, I cautiously enter. He then closes the door and takes his seat in the passengers seat.

"So who's this?" He asks Anthony, looking at me through the front mirror.

I smile nervously. I really didn't expect to meet Anthony's brother tonight.

"This is my friend Alice," Anthony introduces.

"Hey," he greets. "Nice to meet you. I'm Eric."

"Nice to meet you too, Eric." I smile.

"Nice sweater." He compliments, giving me a look of approval. "I have the same one."

"Thanks, actually uh-"

"That's what I told her too!" Anthony says. "You know, she also got it at h&m. Crazy, right?"

Wait what?

"She knows the right place to shop then." He smiles. "That's my favorite store."

Wait a second.... This sweater-

Anthony suddenly hands me his phone.

"Here, write your address."

I was about to do so when I noticed his notes were open:

READ

I kind of took his sweater without permission the day I gave it to you. You can pretend the sweater is yours for now.

Thanks!

Oh my gosh, he has to be kidding.

I hide my smile. That's what I've been trying to do this whole time.

I type under his words.

For sure, no worries! I do the same with my brothers. I'll give it back to you tomorrow at school.

Thanks for letting me borrow it. (:

Here's my address .....

I hand him back the phone and watch him read it from the side mirror.

His lips turn upward, making my heart smile. "Thank you, Alice."

"Sure thing."

The rest of the ride didn't last long as Adrien's and I lived pretty close.

When I get into my house, I announce I'm home so my parents can see I'm safe, and then walk upstairs to my room.

Falling onto my bed, I smile into my pillow.

Best. Night. Ever.

I still can't believe that my plan. Plan J: Became a reality.

I should wash this sweater before I give it back to him though.

Aww, too bad I can't sleep in it. Oh gosh, am I creepy crusher? I don't wanna be a creep crusher...!!!

It's funny how it's not even Anthony's though. I've been gushing over his brother's sweater this whole time. I mean, Anthony did wear it so I guess that makes a difference?

I don't know. I'm happy though.

He said were friends. That means we have a connection.

For now, that's all I need.

<><><>
Katie here!!

Ahhh cookies! This was such a blast to write. I missed these characters so much. I'm so sorry for taking forever but I hope the long chapter can make you forgive me! Hope you like, tell me what you think!! 😊

I felt like Anthony's character was so vague so I hope I was able to show it more in this chapter. It's really because he acts with Alice differently since he's not as close to her yet.

I hope you're all doing well and are safe! This quarantine life was given very suddenly, but we'll get through it! Hugs from KT.

Question: what's your favorite song? (If you have one! And if not, then what's your favorite at the moment?)

Have an amazing day and night!

Katie out Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

570K 20.7K 29
I think that sometimes the universe likes to play sick jokes on people. Like sometimes you drop the ice cream you've been craving on the floor before...
3K 194 31
I regret it. I definitely regret it. There was a boy named Andrew who I met in 5th grade. I guess I bullied him? Yup, we liked each other and yet I...
1.8K 107 53
I'm not saying I hate Alexander Jameson. After all, I have Jesus in my heart like the good southern girl I am. But if I did hate anyone? Alex would...
6.1K 727 37
Ishqi has a simple plan for high school: make a few friends, pass her classes, and graduate without any drama. Things go smoothly for her in the firs...