Wolf's Colorful Territory

By seaweedismine

Formerly known: My Overprotective Werewolf Stepbrother's Best Friend Is My Mate *This would be under slow and... More

Renaming and New cover
My Overprotective Werewolf Stepbrother's Best Friend Is My Mate
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note

Chapter 11

16.1K 430 20
By seaweedismine

Chapter 11

it was too good to be true when we were talking it stopped when a packmate knocks and told us we need to be in the pack run. now there was three things that were very wrong about it. One as soon as the packmate and the responsibilities came in I see Lane for who he was, a cold hearted bastard, Two the Pack Run was like a Marathon implementing the relationships of the pack members and Lane is the Alpha thus he have to attend, three I’m a freaking bookworm! an scientist or an librarian on other words not an Adrenaline drunken junkie! I was out of my element which wasn’t a first since I was out of my element thinking I could deal with Lane’s Bipolarness but that topic is still debatable at the moment and what pissed me off even more is that Lane is in his cold mask again and was giving me the hard looks and complaints of me being slow and “human” or what others say I act like a stinking monkey, well forgive me if I have a 99.9% relation with an Ape unlike them who have a 100% relation with a wolf which a kid in my age says is much more cooler than an Stinking Monkey

“Not monkey, an Ape” I snap at the said Kid

he rolled his eyes and began climbing the hill. oh did I mention that? we were climbing a freaking hill! I was wearing my rubber shoes and sweat shirt and shorts again since there was no attractive thing about my body why bother to dress up?

Lane was 20 steps in front of me and then and now would stop to turn to me. waiting for me but I guess with my kinship with an ape was not enough for me to adapt to the forest like surroundings of mine.

“why do I feel like I want to kill you?” I whispered.

he sardonically chuckles. “Like you can kill me, now hurry up, you’re getting too far behind”

the way was still going up and my lungs were burning, there were still packmates who were behind me but they weren’t exhausted or breathless as I am they were more like having a casual stroll like we were in a beach.

“Nina” I hear a familiar voice.

I almost cried when I saw him. I was about to tell him about how mean Lane was or how I want to return to my old life but I wanted to cry even more at his condition. he had a silver collar with a chain as a leash and he was carrying boulders of rocks on his back that was just inhumanly impossible.

“Luke” I croak from my raw scratchy tear filled throat.

he smiles “this isn’t really what I want my little sister to see”

I counted the boulders no less than 6 of it and 2 meters in Diameter. “Are you okay?”

he groans as the guy who holds his chain like a dog tugs on it. “Well I have better days”

“Nina” I hear Lane calling me.

I couldn’t face him, because I was still so absorbed at how my brother looked. we stopped and the packmate who tugs at his reigns wouldn’t stop and he was getting on my nerves. I took a thick stick and slam it on his back when he’s not looking, I made sure I hit the middle of the spine to ensure his unconsciousness which—who knew—worked but his body gone rolling down the hill which I didn’t quite think about.

Luke Fake gasped “Nina, Such a bad girl”

I smirk “Well I learn from the best” I put the thick stick on my shoulder like a bat even though it was broken in the middle. “Put those boulder down” my chest tightened but I ignored it.

“I can't the Alph—“

“I am your sister and you would do as I say so!” I put up my bratty voice up again and he sighs, he can't resist the bratty voice. he drops two boulders “All of them!”

“Nina!” Lane shouted.

I look up and see he was very far. I wanted to shout “Go suck your dick asshole” but I remembered my plan, Trust. I sigh “well Luke, the warden is calling me. Rest Bro, I’ll do something about this and I love you” I kiss his bloody cheek

he smiles even though he was broken and battered he was still the Luke I know. “I love you more, Go”

I nodded and hiked even faster to Lane but not without looking more quick glances at Luke which made me stumble and graze my knees but I didn’t care, I keep looking at Luke’s eyes who keeps looking at mine.

it was like the time I was scared of going to school when I was in 4th grade, he walks me to school and when I was scared because of the bullying but I told him it was just because I was scared of getting low grades (which he believe because he’s a sucker and because he knows I love getting good grades no sarcasm there) and or I tell him that someone might take me. he’ll watch me until I was inside the classroom, always taking care of me.

I feel like this are one of those days, he was taking guard again. but now just in a different level. when I reach Lane I was out of breath and I begged him for us to sit and we did. I sit on the fork of a strong tree so I won't fall. “Lane” I say.

he looks away from the undergrowth of the forest he was just standing beside me and greeting some people we pass “What?” was his deliberate cold answer.

“You’re my brothers best friend right?” I ask

he sighs like he knows where this is going “Yeah, so?”

“Please at least make them stop making him carry those boulders” I pleaded.

he looks below to see Luke was still resting. he didn’t answer me but called for another packmate and order him to tell Luke to stop. I feel myself smile and with just a burst of joy, I just put my arms around him and hugged him then continued to trek on the hill before he can say anything, he might be pissed because I know he’s just trying not to ruin his reputation as a stupid cold bastard.

I didn’t see Kaylee or her mate just Luke who was finally walking without the rocks but I noticed Lane intentionally keeping a distance from him so I won't go near him because every time I even go down and pass the 10 meters mark my heart throbs painfully in my chest and makes it harder to breathe.

when we reached the top we have to go down. that’s when I wanted to burst! why the heck do they say this is to implement ties?! more like to implement on murdering each other. Lane gives me a bottle of water as always maintaining a reputation of just so-so taking care of his mate like the cold bastard that he is.

“tell me, did you know wolves are built for Stamina?” I say but I already know his answer

“Yeah”

“but what’s great about the wolves stamina is that they have chased a prey once for 27 miles and I think more but what I’m trying to figure out is, as the factors of a real Wolf different from you werewolves”

“I’m still wolf, Nina” he says. “We are built for stamina”

I sigh in disappointment “does that mean I can't run away from you anytime soon”

“no” was his cold reply.

“Well aren’t you just peachy” I say. I grin at him hating this stupid side of him. but then on the corner of my eye I see Manny and Antonia. they were laughing, hands locked and together even though battered and bloody they were happy. why is it that the most cruelest people have the most beautiful things like a perfect mating bond which I didn’t have. I almost gagged but I ignored them. “come on” I say behind me to Lane which was a first because I was ahead of him. “Would you hurry up?” I say, anger clipping my voice.

Lane hurries up and was beside me. “What are you running from?” he asks

damn, did he notice? I didn’t look up him “Nothing” I walk on.

he grabs my arm and spins me and asks me again. but his eyes softened. he let his finger touch my cheek and I realize I was crying. “Please just don’t” I pleaded and practically begged as I turn away from him but he was still holding my arm but didn’t turn me.

I could feel eyes on us and that added to my shame. I covered my face with my arm and lowered my head so that my hair could cover my face. where was the Dad who tucked me in at night? where was the dad who stayed up all night when I was scared of the boogeyman? where was the Dad who built me a treehouse and said he’ll never leave me? but most importantly where was the Dad who would kiss my mom in front of me and Nala and whisper to mom ears “I love you”?

“Just let go…please Lane just go away, this is none of your business” I say.

“You’re my mate and this is my business” he says anger in his voice.

“You’re my mate and you wouldn’t tell me anything about your business so I think your anger should be voided with this topic” I shake his hand away but it was firm on my arm.

“Tell me, it’ll make everything better”

please just let go big fat tears rolled down my cheek. “You don’t even trust me, please, people are looking could you just let go”

“The hell with those people” he says.

“Nina” that voice, I cringed and yet I missed that voice. Manny comes close with Antonia on his arm. “Is everything alright?”

I felt disgusted for his concern and also the girl on his arm disgusted me. I didn’t look at him, I couldn’t look at him. I turn away and practically drag Lane to walk and go down the hill but Manny holds Lane’s arm. Lane growls

“Do not touch me!” Lane grips Manny’s arm and I hear a crack. Manny arch’s in pain and Antonia screamed. “Do not touch someone who’s higher on you”

I should be ashamed but I felt proud and oddly avenged. “Lane, let’s just go and I might tell you” I say to him.

Lane studied Manny’s face. Manny was looking at me with eyes filled with worry but all I feel now was contempt. Lane moves with my arm locked on his.

-

-

we got home, and this time I was the one who couldn’t talk to him. he walks to the living room probably going to watch TV again and I have an hour to myself because that’s what Lane said. I went blankly in the bathroom but instead walk in a room with a desk and newspapers scattered on the wall.

 on the desk was a family picture. there was a young Kaylee and a young Lane and two of their parents. Lane was right, Kaylee looked like her mother and Lane looked like his father like a spitting image. on the edge of the picture were blood, and when I studied the newspapers more closely.

“A Town pillaged and killed 257 people” I read the date on the paper “ 1899”

there was another newspaper clipping and it was a couple eating a human carcass. “Insane humans killed and ate two families, 1845”

I frown and look even more closely to the desk. I don’t see anymore pictures of his family other than the one that has blood on it. I studied the newspaper clipping with the couple in it. it was black and white and old so I can't study it very well. but the nose and freckles of the woman I can see and it was Kaylee no not her, her mother. I gasped. I moved back and out of his office. I locked it and hurried inside the bathroom, filling the tub with hot water.

I went in, even with my clothes as I rethink of what happened. what was wrong with his family? his parents killing two families and killing a whole town. did he kill them as well? I tossed and turned in the water, I keep hearing the water going out of the tub. but he said his parents were killed. is it because of that? he turned cold and distant because he can't share to anyone of his madness. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

744K 19.1K 39
Tomorrow is the day Abby's twin brother Aiden finds his mate. Abby has always been jealous of her brother because of his wolf genes. He's the school'...
Pained By wani

Teen Fiction

247K 5.3K 22
⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke don't say i didn't warn you 💀 . . . I looked at the person who called me and my eyes immediately l...
185K 5K 40
Highest rank | #459 in werewolf 24/9/17 | The alpha is known for being possessive towards his mate and this is my experience with being an alpha's m...
351K 7.9K 22
When Bella's father invites the neighboring pack to join them for a week, she finds her mate. (READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK AND IT...