Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

12. The marvelous life of Regina George

16K 494 82
By GraceAndGlorious

CHAPTER 12 :  The Marvelous Life of Regina George

Halloween was a very strange holiday, to be honest. We tried to look our best in the clothes of something as evil as Satan.

Well, it was the talk and topic of the past, when people dressed up as actual evil personalities. Nowadays, we flaunted costumes of kittens, famous celebrities and our favorite television or movie characters.

Aren't we supposed to dress up as something bloodcurdling? 

Since when kitties became a spooky creature? 

Oh, look at those innocent eyes, those pink claws and soft, furry monster! So spine chilling!

Anyways, since it was a long lived tradition, we had to do our best at it. And to do so, Jess, Blair and I were trying to find the perfect costumes for each other. 

Actually, just mine as the two had already picked their own costumes. I thought I had enough time to grab a dress; and now it was the day of the party and I still didn't have a dress.

Well, we can just say I'm not that good at management. 

"How about a witch?" Blair asked.

"Come on, Blair. That is one of the most wore costumes in the history of Halloween," I replied.

I was really confused about my costume. Of course, we were old for them, but it was a high school party and everyone had to dress up.  

I've seen many shoppers who didn't even take ten minutes to pick a dress. How were they so good at that? 

I spend an hour to shop for a pair of socks, for God's sake.

"How about a vampire?" she spoke. And there she goes again.

"Too overused."

"Vampire bride?"

"That is again a type of vampire, so, no."

"A pumpkin?"

"I'm not dressing up as a food or Ryan will tease me again over it."

"God, you are too picky." Blair exclaimed.

"Oh, so I am the picky one here? You took four hours to choice yours, and you ended up picking Regina George. I mean, really, Blair, Regina George?" I shouted. 

The shopkeeper was frustrated as well when we went to shop for her. And at the end when she picked Regina as her 'ideal model', the seller started murmuring about us.

"How about I be something from Supernatural?" I asked enthusiastically. 

I loved Supernatural and that was the reason I picked an Imphala over any modern vehicles, because that beauty couldn't be found anywhere else. I also wished to have a brother like Dean, but Sage was kind of the same thing to me, so that was alright.

She was such as tough, protective and sarcastic. I had my own Dean in the form of my lovely sister.

"That sounds interesting. What will you be?" Jess asked. At least I had someone who, for once, tried to listen to my opinion over my own costume.

"Mmm, how about Dean?" I suggested while jumping a little from the ground.

"But he is a guy, you are a girl. It would be so weird, Jade," Blair complained, rolling her eyes in the process.

"Yeah, so, Lilith?" 

"No one will recognize that. Only you're the one crazy about them. You'll just wear white contacts. Not a big clue, you know?" 

"Hey, everyone knows about Supernatural, Blair," I announced, and then continued,"But I see your point regarding no one recognizing that."

We started to think, hard; very hard. And that was when an idea popped in my head.

"How about Madeline?" I spoke cheerfully, jumping up and down again.

"Who's Madeline?" Jess asked. 

She didn't remember who Madeline was? 

We all were very young when we first watched that cartoon. It was normal to forget things. But your favorite cartoon as a kid? Madeline was Jess's favorite show growing up. Poor Madeline!

"Your favorite cartoon, Jess. You forgot?" Blair widened her eyes at Jess. 

Of course, it was a moment of shock for not remembering your childhood buddies from the T.V but Blair was overreacting with that taken aback expression.

She was the queen of Overreaction Land. She overreacted all the time. One day, when we went to the ice cream shop and the guy gave the wrong flavor to Blair, she overreacted again with her wide open eyes. She screamed at the poor guy loudly and he kicked us away. I didn't even get my ice cream, all thanks to Blair.

"I'm so going to dress up like Madeline. That little French school uniform would look great. Plus, it would be easy on the eye," I announced.

***

I went to Sage's room and knocked on her door. The reason for coming there was to ask her to tag along with me as dad said we both should carpool. 

My environmental friendly dad!

She opened her door and there she was, in a white shirt and jeans. No costume?

"Sage, where's your costume?" I asked.

"Look, there is a pumpkin on it." She replied in an obvious sense. 

Why didn't I think of that?
Clever, inexpensive and easy to find with a hint of humor.

"That's great, but no efforts? Come on, Sagie, it's Halloween."

"I don't care. I'm not dressing up in that kind of thing," she said while pointing at my outfit. I was wearing a navy blue plain dress, white socks with black shoes, a red bow tie and a yellow hat, just like Madeline did.

"This thing is perfect. Now go and change. Costumes are compulsory at Halloween parties."

"Urgh, okay." 

She closed her door and went inside to change. Jason invited Sage as well. They both knew each other by their English class as Jason was senior as well.

Why was that almost every person I knew was a senior?

After around ten minutes, Sage came back out with her costume. She was dressed as Elastic girl from The Incredibles, though her costumes wasn't that tight. She was just wearing the upper part of the costume and as the lower part, she was wearing her jeans. At least, she had her mask on.

"Let's go, Elastic girl."

"Don't ever call me that," Sage ordered. I chuckled and went to my car with my super heroine sister.

*****

"Hey, Jade. You made it," Jason exclaimed from behind us.

"Hey, Jason. Why wouldn't we? Your parties are always the best." 

"Hello, Sage."

"Bye," Sage said and walked away to find her friends, making Jason to step away as well after that strange reply from Sage.

"Hey, Jady." I heard Blair call from my left. 

I turned my heels to see Blair dressed up in a long, pin straight blond wig. She wore very high heels and a short pink skirt and jacket. 

"Wow! You really do look like Regina George," I commented.

"Because I am. Oh, I love your bracelet."

"But I am not wearing one?"

"Don't you remember, Regina says it to Cady when they first meet?"

"Oh, yeah. Right."

"What are you guys talking about?" Jess joined the conversation with her gray-scale attire. She looked like a gorgeous eighties lady. Her black hair was settled nicely with her black dress reaching up to her knees and her skin was painted with white body paint.

"About the marvelous life of Regina George. By the way, you look amazing, Jess," I exclaimed.

"Don't I? You too, Jade, like an adorable little school girl."

"Thanks."

We all entered the party place that looked pretty scary, and I was not talking about the decoration.

The people there were dressed up in dark, gloomy costumes; some where short and sexy and other were the traditional ghostly dresses.

The whole place was covered with the typical Halloween decoration such as skeletons, carved pumpkins with lights inside them, spider web. 

But the main attraction was the food counter. Every food items had its names in front of it. 

And they all looked creepy as hell. For example, there was a bowl filled with human brain which actually looked real. The next bowl had noddles that appeared like human veins. The following items included eyes, teeth, human hairs and the dirty list goes on.

Only one word to describe that, Eww!

I noticed Aiden coming to me in his cop clothes while I was busy scanning the food counter.

"Hey, Madeline. You look cute as hell," Aiden complimented.

"You know who Madeline is?" I asked. 

"Of course. It was a big character."

"Yeah. Oh and by the way, you look great as well."

"I'm just a cop, Jade, but a hot one." 

You totally are.

I chuckled and started walking along with Aiden. We were alone in each other's company as Blair went to Derek earlier and Jess to Jason. 

Aiden's phone buzzed from his back pocket. He took it out and looked at the caller's ID. He turned to me and said,"Hey. I'll be back. Have to meet a friend. Bye."

I waved at him when he winked and went away. 

Why do you have to be so cute?

I roamed around the place, rating everyone's costume and thinking how childish mine looked. 

Just then, I saw Marley, the girl room my English class, dressed in a witch costume.

So creative of you, Marley.

When I was about to reach Marley, my eyes went to a very familiar guy who went by the name, Ryan.

And look, no costume. As usual, he was wearing his cool and casual attire, paired up with a blue shirt and jeans. He wasn't even dressed up but still managed to look better than anyone there, including myself.

He turned to me and a sudden evil smile appeared on his face. He eyed me from up to down with amusement and walked towards me.

"Whoa, someone looks great," he commented. 

"This isn't great. It's cute."

"Nah, it's perfect."

"Look at your surroundings and then say that."

He looked around, where all the girls were dressed in amazingly attractive dresses and there was I, dolled up as a little kid.

"These all..." he paused for a moment to point to his surroundings and spoke again,"...are hot. But this..." he paused again to point at me and begin again,"..is totally magnificent."

"Whatever." I said and started to walk again. Ryan did the same with me.

"Why are you following me?" I asked.

"I'm not following you, Jade, I'm following Madeline. Damn, that dress is adorable." He eyed my dress again and commented.

I would never understand that guy. I had never seen him with any girlfriends or flirting with a girl, but there he was, commenting over my dress and complimenting me every now and then. 

"So, do you want this dress? But it won't suit you Ryan," I joked, adding a chuckle at the end.

"No, but really, you look beautiful in it," he whispered as he stepped closer to me. The party room was already blocked in with such a crowd that there wasn't much space for me to escape him.

But the thing was that I couldn't take my eyes off him. The way he looked at him with his soft glance and a sweet little smile was enough to hold me.

Suddenly, my glance went to Aiden, who didn't seem too pleased by our situation. 

I softly pushed Ryan away with my hand and maintained a distance between us. Ryan followed my glance and saw Aiden. His eyes filled with anger as well. 

"Jade, I told you to stay away from him," Aiden spoke.

A smirk came over Ryan's lips, making Aiden even angrier.

"Let's go, Princess," Aiden said while glaring Ryan.

"Princess?  Isn't that what your dad calls you, Jade?" Ryan asked with amusement. He actually did, Ryan.

Aiden stormed out of the place. I was about to follow him when Ryan grabbed my arm softly. I turned my head to look at him and he said, "Don't, Jade. He isn't worth it."

We both paused for a second when he spoke again,"Let's go eat."

Just a second ago, they were about to get into a heated fight but he still looked so calm.

We walked to the food counter and I took a plate. I took a glance at the food items in front of me and sighed. 

How were we expected to eat something that looked like it belonged from inside our body?

"What happened? Scared?" Ryan asked like I was a five year old.

"No, it's just a little creepy."

We went forward and filled our plates with those items.

"Are you PMSing?" I asked randomly. Noticing his mood swings, I had to ask him that.

His face suddenly fell and his smile washed away.

"What?"

"Are you PMSing?" 

"No, genius. I heard what you said, but why would you say that?"

"Because you have sudden mood swings. For example, when I asked you to date Sage, you said no first, then yes, then no and then again yes."

"Want me to say no again?"

"No, no, no. Just kidding." I giggled in a kiddish way which made Ryan chuckle. 

His smile came back again, and he parted his lips to say something, pointing toward the bowl filled with brains, "Hey look, it's human brains. I think you should get one, seeing that your brain tells you that I go through PMS. I think you should get a new one from here." 

"Haha. Very funny." I snorted and then continued,"By the way, what's the deal between you and Aiden?" 

"He's just jealous of me, Noodles."

"Oh, really? And why is that?"

"I'm so good looking, he's not. I'm a genius, he's a dumb-ass. I can fight for myself, he can't."

"You are so self-centered."

"Better than being like a guy who blames others for his mistakes." he commented and proceeded forward.

Was that sarcasm I sensed in his tone or was he referring to an actual incidence? What was up with these two?

*****

"Okay, class. So, here are the forms for the camp. If you want to come, then get it filled with your guardian and submit it before Monday." Miss Faulkner, our homeroom teacher informed. 

She told us that our school was going for a camping trip and I was so going there. I liked camping, even though I never went on one, but it seemed fun and adventurous. 

So after the Halloween night, I didn't come across Aiden.
I didn't know why he was behaving like that whenever he came near Ryan, but I saw Ryan many times after the party. 

I also send Ryan and Sage again on a 'kind of date', but this time, I went along with them as well.

It was so awkward to be a third wheel on a date. Not that they acted like a couple though; more like a couple of friends out of a casual meet out.

The school  bell rang and I went to my locker where I saw Aiden waiting for me

"Hey," I said shyly.

"Hi, Jade. I just stopped by to apologize for how I behaved on Halloween. It was really rude of me. I just wanted you to stay safe, that's all," Aiden apologized.

"It's no problem, Aiden. I totally understand."

How could someone stay angry with his gorgeous face?

"So, are we cool now?"

"We were always cool, Aiden."

A wide smile came to his face and he spoke, "So, you are coming to the camping trip?"

"Yeah, I'm."

"Great. We'll have a lots of fun there," he smiled and then walked away with his friend after saying,"Bye, Beautiful."

Why was he always telling me to stay away from Ryan? It wasn't a normal warning anymore; it seemed to me much serious now. 

Was Ryan really dangerous?

**********

This chapter is dedicated to @IvoryStars for the terrific trailer she made.
Last chapter's activity (Your own cliche moment) winner : @caitiebritt8! 

And for those who don't know who Madeline is, I posted the picture of her in the multi media section.

Hope you liked it. Have a great day. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7M 645K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
3K 58 9
This is my first fanfic so I'm sorry if I got a few things wrong and the characters aren't mine, you're the love interest
4.9K 88 28
Dünyanın gerçeklerinden habersiz sıradan bir liseli genç kız Laya, birden bire kendini masal kitaplarındaki gibi bir hayatın içinde buluyor. Vampirl...
53.4K 2.4K 36
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.