Fairy Tail: Legend of the Fal...

Af Cryptic_Eyes

"You're so foolish! Realize there is no future for her! Thinking no one dies in a war..." Natsu's eyes shoo... Mere

Chapter 1: The Sky People
Chapter 2: To the Floating Island
Chapter 4: The Warrior Nagaharu Shuya
Chapter 5: The Legend of the Fallen
Chapter 6: The Chosen One!
Chapter 7: The Goddess Alys Returns!
Chapter 8: The Promise.
Chapter 9: Lucy's Unexpected Training
Chapter 10: Alys' Life!
Chapter 11: Through the Pain
Chapter 12: Reinforcements
Chapter 13: The New Sky Brigades
Chapter 14: A Training Day
Chapter 15: The Return of the Enemies!
Chapter 16: Fighting For Tomorrow
Chapter 17: Fighting Against the Four
Chapter 18: The Reincarnation of Valince
Chapter 19: Erza vs Lorelie!
Chapter 20: Lucy, the New Celestial Goddess!
Chapter 21: Limb From Limb.
Chapter 22: We'll Fight Together!
Chapter 23: Lucy's Radiant Soul!
Chapter 24: Alys Appears
Chapter 25: Natsu and Lucy (Final)

Chapter 3: Alafan and the Daonei People

19.8K 638 348
Af Cryptic_Eyes

Kon'nichiwa, minna-san! ♥ Finally, here is the next chapter, haha~!  I'm sorry for not being able to update sooner; gomen'nasai!  But, of course, you guys know the drill; school. :c  It can really be a pain sometimes, can't it?  Anyways...I had a lot of fun writing this chapter! ♥ A lot more was revealed on the Sky People and on Alafan, which I was hoping for!  The next chapter will be a bit more exciting, I hope. c:  Well, I dedicate this chapter to ClumsyMustache!  I love her stories, so be sure to fan her!  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, ne?  Oh, and remember; feedback is greatly appreciated~!  Until next time, everyone!

я y - c н α η,

т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я--☆

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

====================================================================

"Who're you, old man?"  Natsu replied, blinking densely.

"My name is Alafan. The runner of this city, as of now."

"So..the leader then."  Natsu replied, setting Lucy back onto the grass silently.  "You're the one who sent the request."  Natsu didn't say it as a question, but as a confirmation.

Alafan nodded.  "I am."

"Nat-zu!"

Natsu looked over his shoulder, seeing his comrades drop to the ground and get off the birds.

"Is Lucy alright?!"  Wendy exclaimed worriedly, and they all jogged forward.

"She's fine,"  Natsu replied.

"You mind telling me who this is?"  Gray asked, crossing his arms at the old man.

"Oh this old guy?  This is Alafan.  He's the one that saved Lucy and is top guy around here.'

Erza turned to Alafan.  "You saved Lucy?  Thank you."

Alafan nodded kindly.  "Of course.  But...why was this Lucy girl in such a predicament in the first place?"

Everyone looked at the ground, troubled.

"We have no idea,"  Charle started.  "She just suddenly passed out once we passed through the barrier."

Alafan's eyes widened slightly.  "The barrier, you say?"

They all nodded.

Alafan looked at Lucy's sleeping face with amazement. 

Could she be...?  No; it's impossible...  Alafan thought, looking away.

It was then that Lucy stirred, and everyone turned their attention to her.

"What..happened?"  Lucy murmured, sitting up.  "The last thing I remember is letting go of the wreins..."

Lucy looked up and spotted Alafan, and her eyes widened.

Something about him seemed...familiar.

"Lucy, are you okay?"  Happy asked, coming up to her.

"You passed out as soon as we went through the barrier."  Wendy explained.

Lucy's face turned surprised.  "I-I did?  Why?"

"That's what we'd like to know,"  Erza replied.

"Hey Gramps,"  Natsu replied, and everyone sweat-dropped at Natsu's denseness.  "What do you have a barrier for, anyway?"

Alafan's face turned sad, and everyone looked at him in surprise.

"We're being terrorized, me and my people,"  Alafan replied, his expression somber.  "And we need Fairy Tail's help."

"Who's attacking you?"  Lucy asked, standing up now.

Alafan looked at Lucy particularly.  "By our enemies, the Black Horsemen."

"The..."  Happy started.

"...Black Hoursemen?"  Natsu finished, in awe.

Alafan nodded.  "Come, friends.  I shall explain everything to you back at the royal."

-------------------------- ♦ Fαιяу тαιℓ : Lєgєηd of тнє Fαllєη ♦ --------------------------

As everyone entered the city, they all stared in awe.  Alafan was a little ways ahead of them, since the Fairy Tail guild members were taking their time taking everything in.  Everyone was in awe; after all this was the first city on a floating island they'd all been to.

Lucy looked at the cobblestoned walkways that led through the country side, and to quaint little tan colored and cemented cottages.  A group of little kids in robes ran past them, one having red hair while the other two had black colored hair.  But what amazed the guildmates was that they were playing with magic, which was a yellow light that had transformed itself into a glowing gold butterfly.  It made a jingling noise as it flew by with the kids, like the sound of chimes.  Lucy wad mostly captivated by the magic, and stared in awe, once again having that nostalgic feeling.

"Hey, Lucy!"  Happy exclaimed excitedly.  "That looks like your magic!"

Lucy flinched, and her eyes widened when she realized Happy was right.  It did look like her magic.  Celestial magic.

But that was impossible...right?

Alafan, without the others noticing, was watching Lucy from his prepheral vision.  When he finally turned away, they went ahead and along the walkway.  Lucy looked up in the distance and stared at the castle's malevolence; she could only imagine what it looked like inside.

Alafan began.  "We, the Sky People, have resided here for centuries.  Our former name, however, is Daonei.  Our goddess, Miss Alys, who is the Goddess of Celestial Beings is whom we worship upon.  She saved us in the first war, so long ago."

"War...?"  Lucy murmured, stopping in her tracks.

Alafan nodded.  "The first war, known as the war of the Horsemen and the Bright Sun, was disastrous.  Thousands--maybe even millions--of lives were lost.  It was a devastating event for us Daonei people.  However, our great hero Alys saved us, by sacrificing herself to put an end to the war and bringing peace."

"But now that peace is going to be disrupted, isn't it?"  Gray asked as they stopped at the opening of the castle.

Alafan turned to face them and nodded.  "Yes, that is correct."

"What's it got to do with us, though?"  Natsu bluntly asked, curious.

Alafan scanned his over the group of mages.  "The Horsemen have return, and are claiming revenge.  We've been waiting for our hero again."

"Hero?"  Lucy asked, in awe.

"How do you know Alys has returned?"  Erza asked, understanding.

"See for yourself."  Alafan replied, pushing open the doors to the castle.

Everyone looked surprised, but they had to block their eyes as light poured from the opening doors.  Air seemed to flow past them, making their hair fly around wildly before settling back against their shoulders.  Natsu removed his hand from his eyes, up front with Lucy.

"L-Look at that..."  Charle murmured.

Everyone stared in awe as the light cleared, which had resulted from sun rays pouring in from the glass roof.  The room was a giant lobby, with a square display in the middle of the room.  There were two grand staircases to the left and right, which led up to the upper floors, Lucy guessed.  There wasn't anybody currently around, and Lucy bet it was because so many people were outside in the village.  When Lucy took a closer look at the display as they walked in, she gasped when she noticed a large staff raised up inside.

Alafan guestured to it, and everyone stared in awe.  "This is our proof."

Lucy examined it with extreme interest; as did her friends.  The staff was made of dark mahogany polished-wood, and it went up to a circle at the top.  The circle itself was gold, and it contained a golden symbol suspended magically inside, surrounded by light.  Staring at the symbol, Lucy saw that it was a backwards "C" with two curvy lines through it.  Around it was a star, so the backwards "C" with the lines through it was inside.  There was, of course, an upside down moon on top of the original circle, and then a smaller star placed in the cresent of it.  It shone in the sunlight, and glinted against the glass, causing a reflection to occur in Lucy's face.

"A staff...?"  Gray mumbled, one of the people looking over Lucy and Wendy's shoulder.

Alafan nodded, looking up into the clear sky through the glass skylight.  "Seven years ago, a comet fell from the sky onto the island.  Villagers, along with myself, went to check out the damage of an abandoned sanctuary outside the city, and found it completely destroyed.  However, amongst the ruins of the house was this staff; the Staff of Alys."

Everyone gasped, looking at the staff and then back at Alafan.

"Y-You mean that this staff..."  Gray started.

"...once belonged to Alys?!"  Lucy finished, shocked.

Alafan nodded.  "Yes.  This was taken as a sign; a sign that Alys would return again soon, and that we would have the Chosen One at last."

There was a small silence.

"Wait a minute, Mr. Alafan..."  Lucy started, straightening up to turn to him.

"What is it, child?"

Lucy looked troubled.  "If that happened seven years ago, then that means you've been keeping hope that this hero will come for seven years?"

Alafan nodded, smiling though it was sad.  "Of course.  We won't ever give up on our Lady Alys."

"Then why send for us?"  Natsu asked, crossing his arms as he bit his cheek.  The possibility of Natsu not getting to fight annoyed him.

Alafan looked slightly amused.  "It's not like help can't be used, Salamander."

Everyone was silent, and Lucy turned to the staff again, thinking hard.  Half entranced by it, Lucy stared at the symbol again, and also noticed it was the same one on everyone's clothing and Alafan's staff.

"So, Fairy Tail, will you assist us?"  Alafan asked, almost pleading.

Everyone looked at each other a moment, contemplating.  Then, they all smirked, and Natsu snickered childishly.

"Of course we'll do it, old man!"  Natsu exclaimed, taking Alafan's hand and shaking it.  

Gray nodded.  "We haven't had a challenge in a while.  This should be fun."

Lucy smiled.  "Don't worry, we'll help defeat those guys, even if the Chosen One isn't here yet!"

Alafan's face seemed to relax incredibly.  "Thank you all, so much.  It means much to me for you to accept.  As gratitude, you all may stay here with the best service in the kingdom."

Natsu and Happy's faces lit up, and they instantly got up in Alafan's face.

"Oi,"  Natsu started, excited.  "Does...that mean food, too?!"

"Aye?!"  Happy asked, but in a thirsty and questionable tone.

Alafan chuckled.  "Of course."  He turned to Lucy.  "Miss Lucy, there is a Grand Library here as well.  I can tell you're a reader, so please enjoy it."

"R-Really?!"  Lucy exclaimed, her eyes lighting up.  "I'm gonna go now!!"

Disappearing, Erza, Gray, and Wendy were the only ones left, looking after the three idiotic teammates.

"That idiot..."  Gray muttered, rubbing the back his head as Natsu disappeared into the next hall.

"Mr. Gray,"  Alafan began, getting his attention.  "If you'd like, there is a training ground outside.  Erza Scarlet, as well--"  Erza flinched at the mention of her name, which meant her attention was caught.  "--the same is for you.  Swordsmanship is included.  Although I'm sure you'd win, it might be fun."

"Oh?"  Erza replied, her voice low and scary since her confidence rose.  "Sounds interesting.  Gray, let's go."

"A-Alright..."

Them leaving as well, Wendy and Charle were the last two left.  Wendy looked at Alafan shyly, touching her pointer-fingers together.

"U-Um..."  Wendy replied, unsure what to say or ask.

Alafan smiled kindly at her too.  "Miss Sky Dragon Slayer?"

"Y-Yes!"  Wendy replied, snapping to attention.

Charle sighed.

Alafan guestured her to follow.  "There's something I'd like to show you, if that's alright."

Wendy blinked; her and Charle shared the same surprised and curious expression.

"Sure,"  Wendy replied, Charle following after the blue-haired girl as she jogged over to Alafan's side.

Alafan's smile was gentle and calming.  "Wonderful.  Follow me then, Miss."

-------------------------- ♦ Fαιяу тαιℓ : Lєgєηd of тнє Fαllєη ♦ --------------------------

Lucy's face was in awe as she gasped.  "A-Amazing!"

The Grand Library she was located to by servants was extraordinary.  It stretched up at least twenty floors, the circular tower's walls nothing but books.  Ladders, second and higher floors, and magic used to locate books showed around her, and Lucy took it all in happily.

"I could live in here!"  Lucy exclaimed dramatically, spinning in circles.

"I hope you enjoy, Miss Heartfilia,"  the servant replied; she was a pretty girl with a black and white apron on.  "I recommend to be back at your room by seven, since dinner starts at eight."

Lucy looked back at the girl over her shoulder.  "Oh, sure.  Arigato!"

The maide smiled and nodded, turning around and leaving the wooden double-doors.  However, Lucy was already heading to the main desk to look at seperate books.

"I'm in paradise!"  Lucy exclaimed, hearts for eyes.

-------------------------- ♦ Fαιяу тαιℓ : Lєgєηd of тнє Fαllєη ♦ --------------------------

Erza and Gray watched from the balcony, staring a swordsmen as they practices their combat in the vivid courtyard.  Erza's expression was serene, and she watched as the fluid movements of the men reminded her of her own style.  Gray was eating an apple, but was also watching with interest.

"I'm glad we decided to help these people,"  Erza replied, leaning against the stone rail of the outside hall.

Gray had his back against one of the columns.  "Ah.  This place is really cool."

There was a small silence, and Erza watched the men for a few more minutes, as did Gray.

Erza blinked slowly.  "I wonder who these Horsemen are..."

Gray shrugged.  "Whoever they are, I'm sure we can handle them, what with our power and the castle's included."

Erza was silent for a moment, thinking.  "That may be true, but you heard Alafan, correct?"  Gray paused, so Erza took that as her signal to continue.  "He said that a war was aproaching; that it was almost inevitable."

Gray was silent as he stared down into the courtyard, his face slightly strained.

"We'll have to keep an eye out, yes?"

Gray nodded.

-------------------------- ♦ Fαιяу тαιℓ : Lєgєηd of тнє Fαllєη ♦ --------------------------

"Natsu!"

Happy was hovering over Natsu's body, which was on the ground upside down.  They were in one of the many halls, and Natsu had just attempted to get into the dining room where a large table was supposed to rest; along with the kitchen.

"The cook said we can't go in until dinner is ready!"  Happy scolded, floating above Natsu's head.

"Ah, whatever!"  Natsu exclaimed.  "I'm hungry!"

"If I can wait, so can you!"  Happy exclaimed.

"Can not!"

"Can too!"

"Can not!"

"Can too!"

Natsu huffed.  "Whatever, Happy..."  Suddenly, he thought of something.  "Oi, let's go see Lucy!"

"Aye!"

.

.

.

===================================================

Can a simple background disguise what's really happening at the Daronei Island?!  

Will this peace soon be disrupted by the one and only Horsemen that have been talked about throughout the area?

Find out what happens next in Chapter 4: The Warrior Nagaharu Shuya.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

431K 14.3K 50
Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel are best friends since they are young. They are always together. They do everything together. They don't keep secr...
40.3K 1.1K 27
"Where are we?" She asked. Her voice was scratchy and full of cracks. How long had she been unconscious for? "Don't know. Just woke up." Came the r...
18.1K 377 25
Lucy Heartfillia starts feeling pretty neglected after the return of the supposedly dead Lisanna Strauss. Most of team Natsu doesn't talk to her anym...
69.2K 3.8K 50
Imagine if the characters of fairy tail were in a slightly different world...a world in which magic only existed in a selected amount of women. And t...