My Way? - Laurance x Reader (...

By EyanneMooncrest

(Y/n) is known to be a simple commoner who just lived simply. That is, after her Sophomore year. In Chemistry... More

1 - Nothing Special(?)
2 - P.E
3 - Our Tree
4 - Playing Third Wheel
5 - Ridiculously Impossible
7 - Losing Everything On Purpose
8 - Losing Everything On Purpose pt.2
9 - Emotions Suck
10 - To Confess or To be Prideful?
11 - It Can't Be
12 - A One-Sided Feeling
13 - Causing Own's Pain
14 - Stage Acts pt 1
15 - Stage Acts pt 2
16 - Stage Acts pt. 3; Day Off Talks
17 - Stage Acts pt. 4
18 - Stage Acts pt 4 - Breakdown
(A/n Special) YOUR DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS!!
19 - Stage Acts FINALE - Forced and Faked
20 - Foot Down
21 - Dense
22 - Bird's Eye View
23 - Don't Come Any Closer
Chapter 24 - Is It Really?
25 - Sports Fest
26 - Take Me Back To My Shell
27 - Words and Actions
28 - Let's Talk
29 - Time Left

6 - Blinds and Curtains

3.7K 148 309
By EyanneMooncrest

[ (Y/n) - Your name

(A/n) - annoying nickname

(Y/c) - Your club

(Y/r) - your race / witch, werewolf, meif'wa, demon

(E/c) - eye color

(H/c) - hair color

(C/c) - color choice ]

-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-

Chapter 6 - Blinds and Curtains, Locks Uncertain

*Laurance's POV*

   "Hey Garroth." I say as I was approaching Garroth by his locker.

   "Sup, Laurance. Anything new?"

   "Nothing, really."

   "You've been hanging out lately. Seeing anyone?"

   "Nah. Just a really good friend. (Y/n)."

   Speaking of (Y/n), I didn't see her on the way to school. Maybe she's late?

   I've been thinking about her lately. But not in the way as I think about Aphmau. She's a really good friend and I can even consider her as my sister. She's fun to hang out with and pretty much everything that includes her is full of laughs.

   She's this carefree and independent girl and has her chin up all the time. She's conservative in a good way and takes risks but knows barriers in the rules of life.

   I might even recommend her to Garroth. She'll really get him out of his little shell. Wink wink! Haha!

~

   It's lunch and I haven't seen her in Biology or even English. Aphmau said she wasn't in Creative Writing either. Katelyn also says she wasn't in Science. Where in the name of Irene is she?

   As soon as I got to the table I don't really see (Y/n). I looked around the cafeteria to see if maybe she's anywhere but even her sister isn't here. Weird.

   "Have you guys seen (Y/n)?" Cadenza asked.

   "No. I was actually gonna ask you guys the same thing." I say as I sat in the chair next to Garroth.

   "Maybe she's just sick or something...?" Aphmau.

   "Her sister isn't here either." Me.

   "That's weird." Lucinda.

   Exactly.

   "Why don't we go check in on her at her house?" Cadenza.

   "I'm in for that." I say.

   "Me too." Aphmau.

   "Sure." Vylad.

   The rest said they can't go and so that leaves us four. I just hope she's okay. And hopefully maybe she just isn't feeling okay rather than something worse.

~

   "Hello?" Aphmau called as she rang the doorbell.

   We heard footsteps coming down the stairs and the door opened only to reveal a horrible looking Eyanne.

   "What happened to you?" Vylad.

   "Am sick. What're you guys doing here?" She asked.

   "Is (Y/n) sick too?" Cadenza.

   "Uh..(Y/n) is at school, right?" Eyanne.

   This triggered thoughts unwanted for all of us. What happened to her?

   "Look, guys. I haven't been out my room since last night because I haven't been all well. And I thought everyone already went out the house and everything. I'll go check in on her." She struggled to move like a drunk man.

   "We'll go check on her. You should probably rest." Aphmau.

   "Yeah..maybe I should. Keys are in the third bush." And she disappeared.

   Vylad took the keys and me, Cadenza, and Aphmau went upstairs to (Y/n)'s room.

   Cadenza knocked but of no answer. She tried calling her by name but nothing.

   "What in the name of Irene?" Aphmau.

   "Guys?" We heard a muffled voice belonging to (Y/n) from the room.

   "(Y/n)? Are you okay? Can you let us in?"

   "Sorry I'm just..not feeling well. You guys can leave now." (Y/n).

   This isn't like her...

   "I could take care of you, if you want. I'm pretty good with nursing and stuff." Candez.

   "Nah. I got this. See ya guys." She said.

   We just looked at each other then nodded and left, returning the keys to the third bush.

~

   I'm back at home and Hayden and Cadenza are preparing dinner. I'm just here, still thinking about (Y/n). There's something wrong. Everyone's convinced that she's just sick and so is Eyanne, but they're not. I don't know why I think this, but I just do.

   I decided to call Garroth to get my mind off things.

   "Laurance?"

   "Hey, Garroth. What's up?"

   "Nothing unusual. Zane's just all up on his laptop, Vylad's studying, Dad just got home and Mummy's making dinner while listening to Beyoncé. And I'm just watching TV. You?"

   "Cadenza and Hayden are downstairs making dinner. I'm just on social media."

   "So, how's (Y/n)? Did you ever find out why she was absent?"

   "She said she was sick.." Uncertainty can be heard from my voice.

   "What's with the tone? You did visit her, right?"

   "I don't think she's sick. There's something wrong."

   "Laurance, you're overthinking things. But then again, what's new? Everyone gets sick once in a while. Maybe she just needs her rest."

   "Maybe..." I say. But I'm still not convinced.

   "Well, I gotta go. Dinner's all and ready. See ya tomorrow. And chill, bro. She's just sick. She'll be okay."

   "Hope so.." And I ended the call.

~

   It's been three days and she's still not coming to school. It's weird cause I got used to those stupid conversations me and her always make. And the laughs, the sarcasm and everything.

   I mean, it's fun and all to have Aphmau, Garroth and everyone but it's like something's missing.

   "Laurance, are you even listening?" Dante. We were at lunch and he was talking about...stuff.

   "No." I say.

   "Laurance are you okay? You haven't been you lately. Always being lost in your thoughts." Travis.

   "I'm fine." Me.

   "Is this about (Y/n)?" Cadenza. "Laurance, we've been over this. She's just not well and will be coming back to school in no time."

   "I can't contact her, but maybe she's just resting." Lucinda

   "I said I'm okay." And not said another word.

   Garroth and Dante aside, (Y/n) is my best friend. And I just got used to the fact that she was always my after-school laughs. It's kind of throwing me in a fit, actually.

   They talked about something else and I just listened while not saying anything. I'm not mad at them it's just that, I'm simply upset.

   They were talking about the civil war going on at the other side of the country far from us. The rebels and the government has been in war and stuff I'm not really interested in.

   But then I saw Eyanne.

   I got up and went towards her. "Eyanne!"

   "Oh. Hey Laurance." She smiled meekly.

   "Where's (Y/n)? Is everything okay?"

   "She isn't going to school yet?"

   "What?"

   "Don't worry, Laurance. She's gonna be okay. I'll go talk to her when I get home." And she left.

   I sighed and went back to see everyone.

   "Looks like Eyanne's doing better now, god for her." Lucinda.

   "Did she say anything on how's (Y/n)?" Katelyn.

   "She said that she's gonna be okay. And that I shoudn't worry.." I say admittedly.

   "See?" Garroth. "Like we said, there's nothing to worry about. (Y/n)'s a strong...lady-boy."

   Everyone laughed. I just smiled weakly.

~

   The next day I saw (Y/n) head to her Mechanics Class. She's back! None of us are in that class, so I guess we'll just have to wait until lunch.

   "Is that (Y/n)?!" Aphmau approached me.

   "Yeah, it is."

   "She looks horrible. You think she shouldn't have come to school yet and just rest for a bit more?"

   I shrugged. "What class do you have next?"

   "Animal Analects with Kawaii~Chan. You?"

   "Chemistry with Vylad and Dante. See ya."

~

   It's lunch and I don't see (Y/n) anywhere. She's just nowhere.

   "Has anyone seen (Y/n)?" Lucinda.

   "Kawaii~Chan saw her in her Potions class. But (Y/n)~Chan didn't acknowledge Kawaii~Chan.." Kawaii~Chan.

   "It's halfway past lunch already. Where could she be?" Katelyn.

   "Guys..could she be avoiding us?" Nicole.

   Everyone went silent.

   "Maybe she's just still sick and she just doesn't want to pass onto us her sickness." Travis

   "Would be the logical explanation." Vylad.

   "Hopefully she'll be okay.." Cadenza.

   This is just ridiculous. I mean, I get that they are being optimistic and all but they're not aware that something is wrong!

   But I just ate and didn't really talk about it. I never do. It's not me.

   Then I remembered...so is (Y/n)..

[ Q: What do you think is going on?

Vote, comment and share if you're supposed to be the princess of Genovia! ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

576K 8.8K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
71.4K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
418K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
287K 8.6K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...