Seoulmate (Soulmate #1)

By fallenbabybubu

It was the right place. It was the right time. He was the right guy. But it didn't last forever. More

PROLOGUE
Day 1: Insadong
Day 2: Hongdae
Day 2: Han River
Day 3: Gyeongbokgung Palace
Day 3: Myeongdong
Day 4: Yuldong Lake
Day 4: Everland
Day 4: Gwacheon Camping Site
Day 5: Incheon Airport
Epilogue: Yi Jin Yeong

Day 3: Namsan Tower

25.5K 1.4K 750
By fallenbabybubu

Namsan Tower

(07:39pm)

I'm in love.

With Seoul, that is.

Everything about it was just amazing. Maybe it was the fact that I felt like I was constantly in a Kdrama. Being with Jin Yeong didn't hurt, too.

But whatever, I'm just gonna enjoy this while it lasts.

"What are the strips of seaweed for?" I asked him, totally clueless on what to do.

"Here," he said, picking up a slice using his chopsticks then placing it on top of his bowl of rice. He sandwiched the rice with the seaweed and put it in his mouth.

My eyes widened in astonishment. "Whoa, kinda like onigiri?"

He nodded. "Oh."

"Daebak," I laughed.

He only smiled at me, obviously amused.

We were currently eating at a restaurant at Namsan Tower. We were having bulgogi with its hot soup and veggies on the side. I couldn't decide if I liked this more than samgyeopsal.

I simply cannot choose! It's like making me choose between iKON and EXO.

"Is this worth giving all those promises to your father?" asked Jin Yeong suddenly.

"Totally," I nodded happily.

He gave out a small smile. "Good."

"What about you?"

"Mm?"

I slitted my eyes teasingly. "Does your girlfriend know you're helping out some random girl see everything that Seoul has to offer?"

Yes, I was fishing. I gotta ask at some point. Although I was pretty sure he was single, I had to make sure. I had no plans of being a relationship-wrecker.

I could tell from Jin Yeong's face that he saw through my question. He wasn't stupid, after all. He didn't answer for a minute or so, only keeping his eyes on me. Then . . .

"No."

My eyebrows raised in surprise.

"I don't have a girlfriend," he said casually.

YAS! OH, THANK GOD!

As casually as I could, I asked, "Why not?"

"None of them could handle it," he shrugged, picking on his food.

"Handle what?"

#AskJinYeong

"My life."

"Ah," I nodded slowly, looking down on my already empty bowl of rice. I think I need to order another bowl. "Actually, I've been thinking about that."

He looked at me.

"What if it's not that you don't approve of the methods your father is using?" I bit my lip, thinking thoroughly about this. "What if it's more of the fact that you're afraid you'll end up the worst of them all?"

His brows furrowed as he considered my words.

"I can see it in your eyes," I told him sincerely, my head tilting. "You're not the type who serves. You're the kind that rules."

Man, I am so deep right now that I blow myself away.

He didn't reply, quietly keeping his calculating eyes on me. I shrugged casually, getting more bulgogi from the steaming bowl.

"Maybe you need a girl who's not weak-minded," I said. "Someone who tries to understand your situation rather than run away from it."

I remembered the countless guys who ran the other direction as soon as they found out exactly who I was. Bunch of cats (yes, I mean the other term but I wanna keep it PG).

"Someone who's not easily intimated by your family – or background – or the fact that you can beat their butts in taekwondo. Someone who knows you have duties and responsibilities, and still don't demand so much from you." I sighed, pouting. "Someone who won't be afraid to face your father, no matter how terrifying he may seem. Someone who can protect you – even if it's from yourself. Someone who just gets it," I added, looking up to meet his eyes.

I blinked, taken aback by the way he was looking at me. It was intense. I practically felt like melting on my seat. Why did I suddenly feel hot?

Oops. "Sorry, I got carried away."

"No." He shook his head. "It's spot on actually."

"It's just . . ." I paused, lowering my head. "I can relate."

His gaze stayed on me for a moment more, before he nodded a bit with a small smile playing on his lips. I almost asked him what was on his mind.

"No boyfriend, huh?" When I didn't say anything and pretended to be interested on my food, he continued, "If you had, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You'd be too busy adding a lock over there with him." He nodded to the mountain of locks by the viewing deck.

Looks like I'm not the only one fishing.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked sarcastically.

He shook his head in amusement. My eyes wandered to the couples busy writing on their locks and smiling lovingly at their other halfs. Eek.

But really, what did I expect? Namsan Tower, also known as N. Seoul Tower, was more widely known for the love locks couples placed on the railings around the area. I wanted to come here for the view of the whole of Seoul. But for others, it was different.

"How do you know if it's the right person?" I asked quietly, to no one in particular. "For all you know, you're just adding another trash to the mountain of locks there."

I watched as one guy gave his girl a forehead kiss.

"You just do."

I turned back to Jin Yeong. His posture was laid-back, but his gaze was intense again. I couldn't move in my seat – like he was holding me here, which was ridiculous but also the truth.

"What if . . ." I swallowed the lump in my throat and continued, "What if you happen to meet that person, but you both know it wouldn't last? How will you be able to let go?"

"I won't."

"You won't . . . let go?"

"Why would I let go of something that rare?"

"Maybe it's not the right time."

He tilted his head, and smiled crookedly. "That's the funny thing about fate, there's no such thing as wrong timing."

Whoa. That is so deep I almost rolled with Adele.

"But that's just me," he quickly added, leaning forward to grab his glass of iced tea.

I studied him. "Do you still go to school?"

"Oh," he nodded. "Sungkyunkwan University."

My jaw dropped. "Wah, sugoi – I mean, daebak."

"Mixing nihongo with Korean now?" he teased, amused. "Are you trying to impress me?"

I smiled sweetly and patted his shoulder. "There's no need to impress you. I know you're already impressed on your own."

He burst out laughing. "Daebak."

"Exactly," I said, winking playfully at him.

Just as I was laughing, something behind him caught my eye. Something didn't seem right. I observed the two male tourists three tables away from us. They wore suits like some businessmen. 

And . . . they looked Japanese.

When a waiter came up to them, one of the men reached out to give something to the waiter. That was when I caught sight of the mark on his wrist.

I couldn't help the groan that escaped my lips, as I covered my face with both hands.

Ugh. Why, Papa?

"Gwaenchanha?" asked Jin Yeong, with a worried tone.

I took a deep breath, before assuring him with a smile and a nod.

"Gaja." Let's go.

His eyes narrowed at me. I didn't wait for him to argue. I stood up and rapidly turned for the stairs. Good thing we already paid. But then, Jin Yeong grabbed my arm to stop me. When I turned to him, he pointed to the road downhill. Huh, I guess that way was indeed easier.

I nodded and walked ahead.

"Jamkkanman." Wait a minute.

I was about to ask him what was up when I turned around in time to see him walk up to the two fake male tourists from the restaurant. Naturally, they immediately saw him as a threat, so they tried to hold him down but he dodged and fought back.

Holy cow, they were no match for him! He was swift and concise. Every hit was performed perfectly. It made me wanna have a proper one-on-one hand combat with him. Honestly. Just. Epic.

Oh, right. He's beating up people I know.

"Geumanhae!" Stop!

"They've been following us," he stated sternly.

He looked hot whenever he was serious. Yum.

I shook my head wildly. "I know, they're my papa's men."

His head whipped to me in surprise. "Mwo?!" What?!

"Papa can get very . . . protective," I tried to explain. "I'm his only daughter, see." I sighed in frustration, gesturing to the two men who were struggling to get up from the ground. "I just found out about five minutes ago that he sent bodyguards after me."

It was clear on Jin Yeong's expression that he was trying to figure out exactly who I was for me to need a couple of bodyguards. It wasn't that big a deal, actually. I was even prepared to tell him everything, I was just waiting for him to ask. But he didn't.

Instead, he only nodded in understanding as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Wanna go to Myeongdong?" he asked me casually, as if he didn't just pummeled two of my father's men as if they were rookies.

At the mention of Myeongdong, my eyes practically twinkled in delight and any thoughts before that went poof. It was like one of the most famous shopping districts in Seoul. Of course, I wanted to go there! What girly girl in their right mind wouldn't?

"Shiro?"

"Joh-a!"

The corner of his lips turned up, before he turned to the two men not far from us. One was clutching his tummy, while the other was rubbing his neck. And then, he did something shocking.

He bowed.

My eyes almost popped out of their sockets when I saw Jin Yeong bow.

"Gomenasai, ore no namae wa Yi Jin Yeong desu." I'm sorry, my name is Yi Jin Yeong.

My mouth dropped open.

He could – He could speak Japanese?!

"Shinpai shinaide kudasai. Yuki-chan wa ore to issho ni anzen desu." Please don't worry. Yuki-chan is safe with me.

Oh, my God. He called me 'Yuki-chan!'

My heart just turned into a puddle on the ground. Officially melted. Add the fact that the dragons in my stomach were having a party or something. Gah! My feelings were seriously all over the place. I just wanted to crawl somewhere and squirm in giddiness.

When the two men exchanged uneasy looks, I decided to step in.

I smiled assuringly at them, and added, "Daijoubu desu." I'll be fine.

Both of them immediately stood at attention.

"Yuki-sama."

"Ja ne!" Later, then!

With that, I waved goodbye and walked away, pulling Jin Yeong with me. I hoped to God they weren't following us. But after getting beat up by Jin Yeong, I was pretty sure they'd leave us alone.

"Did they just refer to you as –"

"You called me Yuki-chan," I remarked, changing the subject.

"Geuraeso?" So?

I shrugged innocently, letting go of his arm and bouncing ahead.

"Ya," he called.

I stopped on my tracks and glanced at him over my shoulder, waiting for him to continue. Raising his chin, his expression softened and his lips stretched into a crooked smile.

"You can call me 'oppa' from now on."

_____________

Oppa! LOL!

What do you think is going on in Yuki's life? ;)

I'm not sure if this chapter is cute enough or if they connected enough. Did I succeed or not...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 8.1K 46
Reika was supposed to have a peaceful vacation in Seoul. She was supposed to just grab a cup of coffee from a bakeshop that was bursting with teenage...
2.3K 149 13
he missed him so much. he just wanted to say bye to him one last time. So he got the chance to in an unexpected way. (Note: don't worry only the firs...
5.9K 377 17
"I would go through hell for you but what would you do for me?" Their relationship was always perfect. It was like one of those Movies, where everyth...
299 47 18
She was just a teen when she met her best friend while visiting Seoul, South Korea. They exchanged numbers and began chatting despite their distance...