Damsel In Distress

By FictionStories1D

Annabelle has always needed saving. Declan has always watched from the sidelines, as his friend Trevor was th... More

Damsel In Distress
(1) Tragedy
(3) The Letter
(4) Rock Bottom
(5) Masking Wounds
(6) Second Letter
(7) Heading back

(2) A Different Perpective

144 5 4
By FictionStories1D

***** 

Recap of 1: 

My world without Trevor is nothing but darkness. 

I loved him. 

And now he's just- 

Gone. 

***** 

Declan POV: 

Song- Without A Word: Birdy (there's going to be a theme with me using songs from The Vampire Diaries incase u haven't noticed, they have the best soundtrack)  

Before she says the words I know what's coming. 

"He's gone." 

My hands fists in anger in my lap. 

It wasn't supposed to happen this soon. 

Before I can begin to feel anything I remember I'm not the only one in the room. 

Annabella- 

My head jerks to the seat next to me as she stands from her chair. 

I blink and she's out the door, Miss. Glade calling after her. 

But I know she's not coming back. 

So I just as quickly stand and take off after her. 

I call her name as she rounds the hall but she doesn't slow. 

I only run faster. 

But I don't have to say her name again, for when I turn the hall her body crumbles to the floor before me. 

My heart breaks for her before it begins to break for myself in the loss of my best mate. 

In the midst of it all I see is a devastated girl who just had the world pulled out from beneath her. 

"Bella." I whisper her name as I crouch down at her side. 

Miss Glade appears at the end of the hall, she pauses adjusting her glasses as her eyes narrow down to us. 

I raise my hand signaling we're okay, well not really but the last thing I want is to talk to a consoler so I can only imagine how Bella feels. 

She nods before quickly disappearing the way she came and my attention immediately focuses back to my left as I cautiously slip my hand around her back. 

"Why." She weakly croaks. 

"Why him." Her sobs quicken while her face remains buried in the palm of her hands. 

"Shhh," I coo running my nails between her shoulder blades in an attempt to calm her emotions. 

"It's not fair," she shakes her head frantically. 

"It's not." I mumble in agreement, using my free hand to tuck her hair behind her ear as she looks up at me beneath her fanned lashes. 

"How did this happen?"  

My stomach twisted as I remembered the night he told me. 

* * * 

Flashback: 

Three weeks earlier  

"What the hell is going on?" 

Trevor paced infront of the window pulling down on the v neck collar of his grey tee. 

To say he's been acting weird lately would be an understatement. 

He's always got somewhere to go- and not just with Annabella- because well I would know if that was the case. No instead he's been passing out at soccer practice, missing gym sessions, and everytime I talk to him about anything his mind is somewhere else. 

Not in another room but a different planet. 

"Your right. Something is...going on." He says as vaguely as possible. 

"Which is? " I prompt taking a seat as his desk, spinning it around to face him as he finally peels his gaze away from the mirror. 

"I'm-" 

"Well I'm sick mate." 

There was a long silence that succeeded his words before I said the dumbest thing possible. 

"Why don't you go to the doctors?" 

I was so naive at the time. 

"Not that kind of sick Declan." 

"Then w-what kind?" I stammered standing from the chair and rummaging my digits through my thick hazel curls. 

"Leukemia." 

I swallowed as did he, the air growing thick. 

"Do they give you medicine for that or do you need blood because I can-" 

"It won't make a difference mate." 

"What?" I blink then blink again and nothings changed. 

"It's not a type you can cure." 

"It's terminal." 

I don't know what to say. 

For one of the first times I see a man cry and I have to hold back from letting a tear seep out of my eyelid. 

"No there has to be-" 

"There's got to be something." 

"Look I know this is going to be hard for everyone when I'm gone," he wiped his cheeks sniffling back more to come loudly, "but I need you to do something for me Declan." 

I was in disbelif but even more so at how well he was talking about this. If it was me I would be devastated. 

Our life's just beginning, freshman in college- 

"How long?" I force myself to ask when deep inside I'm afraid to hear the answer. 

"A month. Maybe two if I'm lucky." He says emotionless. 

"I'll do whatever you need mate." I walk over and place my hand on his shoulder. 

Trevor nods before walking over to his dresser and pulling something from the top drawer. 

"What's that?" I ask just as the white envelope comes into view. 

"This," he paused holding it like a prized possession, "this is for my Bella." 

"I want- I need for you to give this to her when I leave." 

His words click in. 

"You mean- she doesn't know?" 

"No." 

"You aren't going to tell her?" 

I can't believe what I'm hearing. 

"It's what's best for her." 

"That's bullshit Trevor. She has a right to know." 

"This is what I want man. My last wish is for her to be happy. I want to see her smile. I want to experience everything with her without this haunting her every step of the way. Please man respect that." 

"I-" 

The desperation that filled his voice- his final wish for her. 

Well I couldn't take that away from him, no matter what I thought or knew inside. 

"I will," I nod taking the envelope from his hand as his prized possession now becomes my own. 

* * *  

"How did this happen?" She asked no one in particular but I owed her the answer. 

"Come with me." 

"Wh-what?" Annabella stammers while reaching up to wipe her puddled cheeks. 

"There's something I need to show you. I think it will help." 

"Nothing. Nothing. Will. Help." She speaks slow and emotionless. 

"It might make this, make more sense." I encourage. 

"It will NEVER make sense Declan!" She shouts and it almost even frightens me a little to see her so...angry. Not at me. Not at him. Mad at the world for taking him away. 

"How did h- he- even-" she can't finish her sentence and my heart breaks for her a little more. 

My brow tightens as I stare beside me at the fragile girl, her brunette hair with loosely curled ends shielding her face covered in tears which poured from her clear blue eyes. 

"He was sick." 

"Sick?" She croaks. 

"Yes." I nod an ache spreading in my chest like a wildfire. 

"How can he be sick when I-I j-just saw him." She stammers before breaking out into more tears. 

"I don't know," I sympathize even it's not the whole truth, in a way. I do know. 

"I think I know where you can look for the answer though." 

She looks up at me dazed as I rub her back soothingly. I see it something behind her eyes thats desperate for any way to take away the pain. 

"Come with me." I whisper softly. 

She doesn't say anything. Instead she climbs to her feet limply, like a twig ready to be blown away in the storm. 

The only difference is the storm already came and snapped her in two.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609K 50.2K 23
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...
713K 43.7K 38
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...
4.1M 170K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.8M 127K 45
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...