Can You Hear Me Now?

By DeathIsCliche

Writer. Murderer. The lines are blurred anyways, or at least for Lucifer Evans they are. Meet Lucifer (like... More

Note from the Authors
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 5

24 0 0
By DeathIsCliche

Ding, Dong!

I groaned while lifting my slumped figure from the loveseat. Ding, Dong! I brushed my hand over my eyes tiredly. "MR. EVANS! LUCI!" I hear Smitch otherwise known as Mitch and Mitchy calling. Mitchy being the newspaper boy and also the cousin of my girl.

Stumbling out of bed i make my way to the front door. When I open it I am affronted by a hug from Smitch. His hug was so tight I felt like I was suffocating. "Let go of me you bag of oats." I commanded.

Mitch was the touchiest fellow I'd ever known which made somewhat irritating to be around, but his Childlike personality made it impossible to stay mad at him for very long. Even if he just wake me up from my peaceful slumber.

"No way. When I didn't see you out here this morning I thought you might have died or something. I called Sage and everything." He muttered. This boy, I swear. I had made it a habit of being out here in mornings before he delivered my paper. One because I considered myself a morning person. Two because I didn't want a certain neighbour to steal it from me.

"Well it's clear that I'm alright, so just let go." I said pushing him away from me.

"Yeah. I guess. Anyway I've got your mail. I had to fight of that batty neighbour of yours just to get to your door here." he said, quietly handing over my mail. I sighed as I read them. Bills. If I didn't finish writing my book soon, it was going to be a while before I could pay them.

"Thanks, man. I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked turning to go back in the house.

"You know it." Mitch said walking back to his bike.

"By the way," He said. " Sage will be here in ten. So good luck."

I nodded my head and turned back to the house before his words registered in my mind. Sage will be here in ten. Running to go take a quick shower, while shoving things in various drawers and cupboards. Now clean I shoved my slick, wet hair back hearing the faint sound of a car door closing.

Peeking through the almost dusty blinds making a mental note to clean soon, I see my beautiful Sage waving a cab off. Subconsciously running my fingers through my dark hair and down my face, I feel the subtle pricks of hair protruding from my face. I hope Sage doesn't mind... Frowning to myself, nearly getting lost in my thoughts, but faint knocks on the door were brought to my attention.

"Hello Sa-!" I started as I opened the door only to be slapped.

"You stupid idiot!" She wailed before slamming into me and sobbing hysterically into my chest. "I thought you were dead! Mitchy called and gave me a real scare. Why weren't you outside to get the mail? Do you know how worried I was?" She questioned angry again. Women.

"Sage, my beautiful Sage. Do you really think I could just leave my girl?" I asked. "I fell asleep early in the morning. My new neighbours are frat boys and they had a big party and blasted music into the early hours. They even tried to kidnap Mr. Meowgi." I explained, leading her to the living room and taking her coat.

"Now dry those big green eyes, doll. I'm still here." I murmured into her hair as she curled up into my side on the couch.

"Lucifer, I was just so afraid. Now, tell me all about these neighbours of yours." She sighed back.

"Well, there are four boys, who seemed to be the ring leaders of everything that happened at the party. There was only one that I like, he had bright red hair. Such a sweet kid really. Even called me cute. The other ones though are just demons. One even tried to tie Mr.Meowgi to the ceiling like a pinata and then chased me with a mob all the way to my front door." I sighed. I still didn't understand why they felt the need to do that.

"Oh Luci, that sounds dreadful." she cried.

"Yeah. I barely got a wink of sleep. I'm exhausted."

Sage's eyes light up with excitement. She has an idea. Lord help me now. These never go well for me and I can never talk myself out of them. There's no stopping her once she set her mind on something.

"I know. Why don't we got on a date out of town?" She proposed. Just because there was no stopping her doesn't mean I couldn't try.

"I don't know, sugar. I have a lot of work to do." I said trying to make up an excuse.

"Oh, come on. Work can wait and you need a break anyways. Besides, I haven't been on a date in weeks." She whinned. Sage did her puppy eyes that she knew i couldn't resist for all the money in the world.

"Oh, alright," I say. Then I notice the cat out of the corner of my eye. "But what about Mr. Meowgi I can't leave him all alone. Especially after last night."

"He'll be fine. It's only for a few hours. And he's a cat not a dog. But if you're really that worried, I can ask Mitchy to check up on him while we're out."

.

Giving up I sigh and she stands up. "Well pick me up at 7:30 tonight and wear something decent." Sage grins at me pulling me off of the couch. Grabbing her coat, I put it on her shoulders and leave to call her a cab. Upon reaching the door where I left Sage, I noticed it was slightly ajar and I hear her fussing at someone. I could feel my feet moving faster as my brain ran over the options of who could possibly be at the door.

Yanking the door open, I felt my face and ears heat in anger. I began to slowly walk towards the redheaded boy standing on my porch. Sage seeing my furious expression, stopped in the middle of her sentence and grabbed my arm.

"Don't do anything you'll regret, Lucifer." She kissed my cheek and ran to the cab that I failed to noticed had arrived. "I mean it Luci! And don't be late!" She yelled and knowing her, she blew a kiss. I waited until she had vanished to approach him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, a little more harshly than I would have liked.

"Calm down, sir. I'm just here to apologize for my friends last night. Things got a little out of hand." Levi said, quickly preparing himself for whatever was coming his way. I take a deep breath. It was too early for this.

" Do you want to come in for some tea?" I asked. Levi looked surprised. It wasn't like I was going to bite or anything.

"Really?"

"Yes. Come on I don't have all day. I have a date I need to get ready for in a few hours." I said waving him inside.

In a few minutes we were both seated in the kitchen where I was pouring him a cup of tea. I hope he liked earl gray.

"Thank you, sir. This is delicious." Levi started. "You didn't have to hear me out. You could have slammed the door in my face." He had a point here. He doesn't even talk like the other boys, he's more...- proper.

"Levi, let me explain something to you. I don't like to be a violent man. Hell, I'm a writer for St. Augustine's sake! I just wanted a little peace, which is what I am accustomed to. Not only did you boys ruin that, but you have also brought that anger to surface."

"Mr. Evans, I really do apologize. I think the boys had too much alcohol and it messed with their brains. They are nice gents most day, I swear it to you. They have been nice to me since freshman year. They have protected me since they found about my incident.Even though they're not actually my friends. "

"What do you mean kid?" I was honestly curious.

"It's not something that I just tell everyone, but according to the guys, I called you cute, so out with it I guess. I am gay. Lady parts don't attract me. Ain't that a bite? Just when everyone wants you to be normal and play back seat bingo with all the dollies like other males, and I messed it all up. All I am is a goof." Levi began to break down.

I put my hand on his shoulder as the shook. He was no longer looking at me, but down at his feet as he leaned against the counter top.

"It's alright kid. How about you and i be friends from here on out?"

I was immediately gripped into a tight and awkward hug. What was with this kid? I just said i would be his friend, not his lover. I returned his hug with an even more awkward pat on the back.

"Okay, kid. We're friends. But you've got to go. I have a date in a few hours, that I don't intend to be late for."

Which I still didn't know how I was going to dress for. Hell, I didn't even know what we were going to be doing.

"Uh-Yes, sir. Thanks for everything." Levi said, making his way to the door.

"Wait!" I called after him. He spun on a dime.

"Sir?" He asked. He was young he has to know something about fashion.

"Do you happen to know how to make casual look fancy?"

"I'd have to see what you have first." This statement led to several hours of trying on different clothes I'd forgotten I had. Standing in black denim slacks, rolled slightly at the end, a navy and white striped sweater for a night on the town, finished off with a navy jacket, white socks, and my father's watch. The boy, Levi left a while ago to left me clean up my look and make sure I was freshly shaved. Looking at my watch I cursed. I had 45 minutes to get to Sage, and it took 50 to get to her house. Shit, looks like we're speeding today.

After hopping in the car I tore down the highway at record speed. Shockingly I made it to her front door with 10 minutes to spare. I quickly fix my hair before knocking on the door. My lovely Sage made it to the door, slightly out of breath from bounding down the stairs in her house. I watched as her eyes lit up as the landed on me and I'm most certain that my eyes did as well.

Locking up, Sage slid her arms through my waiting one and paused at the edge of the curb where the car was parked. I quickly opened the door, before I realized I'd forgotten something. Damn it!

"Sage, my darling. You look quite ravishing tonight." She blushed as I grabbed her hand leading her into the passenger side and kissing her knuckles. "You make me a better man, Dear." I muttered.

"You clean up nicely as well, my dear Luci. I admit, I did like seeing you with that bit of stubble, but you are handsome all of the time." I couldn't help the sudden heat that pooled my cheeks. Tonight is going to be heavenly if I get to spend the entire time with her.

We drove to a nice small town about an hour away for dinner at a cute little restaurant. I had to park the car a bit off, but walk was worth it . We held hands the whole way there. I had a chicken salad, because I wasn't going to be young forever. Sage had a four cheese lasagna, which looked more delicious than it tasted, but it was good enough for us. There was also a band inside playing jazz and their instruments glinted in the soft lights, while the warm tunes made everyone tap to the beat. The restaurant also had small gazebo in the back, which made me get lost in thought. Sage loved dancing so I saw it as a perfect opportunity.

"Care for a dance, my dear?" I asked, as I walked her under the cover of the gazebo.

"Oh, Lucifer! Would I ever!" She said, hiding her face behind her hand. I smiling placing my hand on her waist. She puts one hand on my shoulder, and takes my spare hand with the other. The music from the restaurant cascade over us as we danced the night away. Ah Sage, she was like a elegant rose tonight. This is the woman I want to marry. I found myself never wanting that night to end, but like all good things it must come to an end.

Sliding my jacket off, I put it over Sage's shoulders as we walked to the car.

"I've had a real blast tonight, Lucifer." She sighed leaning into my arm as I started to drive.

"Always when I'm with you doll." With this response she giggled sleepily and it was a quiet drive back.

It was maybe a quarter to midnight when I arrived to my own house. Sage offered to let me stay over, but I had to make sure Mr. Meowgi was okay. Pulling into my driveway, I leaned back into my seat and sighed to myself. Sage is a real fox, that's for sure. I'd be a fool to let her go. I'm really glad the boys aren't partying tonight.

I make my way up to the porch, struggling to find my keys on the way. Maybe I should get Mr. Meowgi some wet food apologize. I was out pretty late.

Taking out my keys, I was made aware of the sound of my shoes sloshing on the porch. I looked at the grass and the road. It didn't rain tonight and I don't have sprinklers. Shrugging, I put my key in the door, doing one more sweep of the yard and slowly made my back up to the door, before the moonlight gleamed of something wet on the porch.

What the hell is that? Sweeping my eyes further down the trail of dark liquid, I noticed it was crimson coloured. How the hell did blood get over he-....

A medium sized mass of fur, which was clumped in some places. Opening the front door, I grabbed a flashlight, which sat on a coffee table beside the door. The color of the fur was really familiar.

"Don't come out now Mr. Meowgi, there seems to be a dead rodent out here." I yelled into the dark house. Flashing my light towards the animal, I inhaled sharply.

"Mr. Meowgi? What are you doing in blood?"

"Mr. Meowgi?"

"You're dead, aren't you?"

I threw the flashlight into the yard and it began to rain slightly. "Who killed my damn cat?" I muttered.

"WHO KILLED HIM?"

"WHY HIM?" I gathered his bloody figure in my arms and began to wail loudly.

"When I find out who did this, I'll kill you! I SWEAR IT TO YOU!" I yelled to the sky, while tears streamed down my face. I had Mr. Meowgi for about 12 years, I had him since he was born. Thinking about it, it's after 1 a.m. Today is his birthday.

"Lucifer Evans. With all that blubbering and screaming you're doing, I'm calling the police." I could hear Mr. Johnson yell, but it was drowned out in the sound of my mourning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 611 73
This is the backstory to my Creepypasta OC named Leo Fincher or well, Cross-X. I spent a lot of time on this and I know it will probably never blow u...
24.7K 544 34
COMPLETED Two lines. A mark of love and death. To live or to die? A simple question, really. Most people would choose the former. But to Bella Davies...
95.6K 2.7K 23
First day of senior year. (Y/n) has a long and boring year ahead of her before she graduates... or does she? Something weird is going on and the new...