final moments β†’ THE MAZE RUNN...

By dprandall21

π…πˆππ€π‹ πŒπŽπŒπ„ππ“π’. ❝ i'd give everything to make it good again. i'd do anything to get out... More

f / m
e p i g r a p h
p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
e p i l o g u e

n i n e

4.8K 216 92
By dprandall21

CHAPTER NINE
( WATCH )

     "WHERE AM I SLEEPING?" I ask Chuck, staring at the small boy.

"On the ground," He answers in a solid tone, not fazed by my question. "Don't worry, your highness, we have sleeping bags."

"Shut up, Chuck," I roll my eyes. "I've slept on the ground before."

"Yeah, like last night," He giggles, in his same girly voice. "We caught you cuddling with a tree."

"I wasn't cuddling a tree." I pick up a pillow, and whack him with it. "I was just . . . exploring, and I happened to fall asleep next to the tree."

"Yeah, right," He says sarcastically. "Cause everyone goes 'exploring' into the Deadheads."

"What's a Deadhead?" Thomas asks. I turn to him, realizing that he's behind me.

"Urrr . . . " I look to the ground. "It- it's a-"

"It's a burial sight for the shanks that get themselves killed," Chuck replies, staring at the fire in front of him.

"Chuck!" I hiss. "Can you not?"

"You're sleeping on the ground," He scrunches his nose up, and narrows his eyes, his finger pointing in my direction.

"Stop being a creeper." I cross my arms over my chest. "I know I'm sleeping on the ground. You don't have to point it out. Literally."

"You're a creeper," He sticks his tongue out at me.

"You might want to keep that tongue in your mouth. The next time it exits your lips, I'm cutting it off." I smirk. "Now, you can have my bed for the night. Tell Newt and Minho that I said so."

"Really?" His eyes light up.

"Yes, Chuck." I smile. "I'm serious. Now go."

After I finish, he runs off in the direction of the Homestaed, a grin plastered on his face. I chuckle, pulling my knees to my chest, and sitting my chin on my knees.

"You have a special relationship with Chuck," Thomas stares at me.

"Yeah." I say softly. "He's a good kid. He understands me."

"Seems like it," He nudges my shoulder. "He looks up to you."

"I don't know about that." I shrug. "But he's been here for me ever since I got to the Glade. He seems to be the only kid that cares for me."

"Other than Newt." Thomas adds. I look over to him with a raised eyebrow.

"What now?"

"Newt obviously cares for you." Thomas states. "He defended you when that leader guy was on your case."

"Newt isn't like that." I shake my head. "He just stands up for everyone. He's a good guy."

We stay in silence for a few minutes, before Thomas speaks up.

"How long have you been here?"

"A few days." I shrug. "Thomas, do you remember anything from before you came here?"

He thinks for a moment, before speaking. "No. Why do you ask?"

"I just hoped you could give me answers. That's all." I reply. "But obviously, you know as much as the rest of us. Jack shit."

I stand from my spot, and dust the dirt from my pants.

"Alright Tommy, boy," I pull him up from the ground. "It's time for bed. If I keep you awake any longer, Alby's gonna kick my ass."

___♕___

"Back the fuck away from me." I warn Chuck, sitting up from my sleeping bag. "I swear, I'll cut off your fingers, cook them, and eat them for breakfast if you don't leave."

"Nice try, pancake." He giggles, using the burning pancake term. I guess I walked into that one. "But you'll only burn them. There ain't no use in cookin' 'em."

"Oh, you ASSHOLE!" I growl.

"Be nice." Alby steps into the converation, glaring at me. "And I thought I told you to stay away from him."

Thomas lays peacefully in the sleeping bag beside of me, softly snoring. I glance over to him, then back at Alby.

"You did," I nod. "I just didn't listen."

He huffs loudly, but ignores me. "Get up, shank." Alby nudges Thomas. "It's time for your tour."

"I want Garret and Nik." I tell Alby. "And I want the day off."

"You don't get anything until you start following orders, shank." He says coldly. "Besides, Nik and Garret are busy."

"I'm assuming that you're busy too, huh?" I raise an eyebrow. "Aren't you supposed to be working, too?"

"I am working." He snaps. "I have to tend to the Newbies, and any other slintheads that decide to break the rules. Last time I checked, you're on the top."

"Oh, cry me a river." I fake pout. "Is Alby saying I've been a bad girl?"

The look on his face goes from angry, to furious, in seconds. But still, I sit in my sleeping bag, waiting for him to do something.

"Keep it up, Newbie," His eyes narrow. "An' soon enough, you'll find yourself in a tough situation."

"What're you gonna do?" I stick my tongue out like Chuck did last night, crossing my arms over my chest.

"She's the only one that can talk to me like that." Alby's eyes dart to Thomas. "So don't get a big idea to dirty mouth me, without suffering the consequences."
"Actually, now that I'm thinking about it," I tap my chin. "Minho talks to you the same way as-"

"Slim it." Alby cuts me off. "While I'm taking Greenie here on a tour, keep yourself outta trouble. Got it?"

"Yes, captain." I salute him. "And by the way, I'm still going to steal Nik and Garret from their working posts."

"Whatever." He yanks Thomas away, and begins explaining the ways of the Glade.

I smile to myself, watching them.

Ya know what?

I think Alby's starting to like me.

"Hello?" Chuck snaps his fingers in front of my face. "Anyone home? Or will I have to come back later?"

"I thought I told you to fuck off."

"And I thought I said no."

"You didn't say no," I stand from the sleeping back, stretching my aching muscles. "You just called me a pancake."

"Oh, yeah." He licks his chapped lips. "Speaking of pancakes . . . I'm really hungry right now."

"You go get some breakfast, Chuck," I chuckle, patting his back. "I'm gonna go find Nik and Garret."

"Okay, pancake. See ya!" He sprints off in the direction of the kitchen, running as fast as his chubby legs will carry him.

I jog over to where the Track-hoes are working, and perch myself next to Nik. "Hey, Nik." I greet. "Whatcha doing?"

"Working," He says with a shrug.

"Well, you get the day off." I take the shovel from his hands, and throw it to the side. "I already talked it over with Alby. So now, you get to deal with me all day."

"You say that like it's a bad thing." He grins. "Now I get the day off with my best friend."

"You consider me a best friend?" I stare at him, shocked.

"Yeah." He tilts his head to the side. "Don't you consider me as a best friend?"

"Well . . . I-I." I look to the ground. "I just didn't think that you'd think of me as a 'friend,' let alone a 'best friend.' It made me happy to know that I'm wanted here."

"Of course you're wanted here." He frowns. "Why would you think otherwise?"

"It's nothing." I shake my head. "Come on, lets go find Garret."

___♕___

"NO!" I squeal, kicking and punching Gally. "STOP IT! I CAN'T BREATHE!"

No, I'm not getting choked by Gally. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am currently laying on the ground, being attacked by Gally. In other words: he is tickling me.

Why?- you may ask.

The answer is simple . . . I stole his hammer.

Now, my children, let me explain the situation a little further. Garret, Nik, and I were playing a game earlier, which involved being told to do something. You absolutely could NOT refuse to do your task. So, ya know, there we were, just playing the simple game.

Then it was my turn.

And Garret just had to dare me to steal Gally's hammer.

It sounds pretty awkward that Gally is tickling me, because I stole his hammer, right? Well, ya'll bitches are wrong. Because this is the worst torture in the world for me.

"Give me my hammer, and I'll stop." Gally states.

"NEVER!"

And while all of this is happening, Garret and Nik sit back and watch, amused looks on their faces.

Assholes.

"AGH!" I yell in annoyance. "WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!"

But still, no one listens. Wow. I feel so loved- note the fucking sarcasm.

"Just give it back." Gally speaks again.

"Fine!" I grumble. I pull the hammer from behind my back, and hand it to him. "I hope you're happy."

"Sure am," He winks, before walking away like nothing happened.

"You stupid little fuckers!" I push myself up from the ground, and slap Garret and Nik on the face. "I could've died! Why weren't you helping me?"

"It was funny," Garret shrugs. "We normally don't have laughs around here. It's the same every day, work, work, and more work."

"Glade to know I could help." I pull my hair into a ponytail,and wrap a rubber band around it. "Now what do you guys wanna do?"

"You," Someone fumes from behind me, a finger jabbed in my face. "This is all your fault!"

I look at the unfamiliar guy, a confused look spreading across my face. "What?" Nik steps in front of me, putting himself in a protective stance. "Marco, what the hell are you talking about?"

"SHE CAUSED ALL OF THIS!" He shouts, his words echoing across the Glade. His eyes are red, and crazed.

"What's going on here?" Newt shows up, with Thomas and Alby following close behind him.

And slowly, the whole Glade seems to form a circle around us.

"Didn't you wonder why there were two Newbies this month?" Marco questions the Gladers, turning in circles, to get a good look at each of them. "I saw it. I saw her! And Thomas was with her."

I place a hand on Thomas's arm, looking up at him.

"You need to calm down, Marco," Alby says. "Just think this over, alright? You don't know what you're talking about."

"No." He shakes his head, a devilish look on his face as his eyes meet mine. "I know exactly what I'm talking about, Alby."

And without another spoken word, a loud 'crack' is heard across the Glade. It took me a moment to understand . . . to feel the burn that broke out in my face. I clutch my jaw, as aches shoot through my cheek.

It only took a moment, before all hell broke loose.

_______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 6.7K 91
COMPLETED The title says it all. I did: Newt, Thomas, Gally, Minho, and Teresa.
752K 11.5K 121
[REQUESTS CLOSED] The title basically says it all. I will be doing preferences with Minho, Newt, Gally and Thomas. If you guys want an imagine just l...
545K 7.8K 56
This is just a book of TMR imagines for the people of Wattpad to enjoyβ™‘ I do all and any of the characters and if requested members of the cast