Playgirl (discontinued... as...

By cosmic_

Chelsea Hayes. Smart. Beautiful. Rich. And everything a (bad) guy could ever want in a girl. Shane Riley. Bad... More

Playgirl
Prologue
01 - Detention
02 - I'm gonna die!
03 - Watch me play
04 - Winner Takes All
06 - Once Upon A Starry Night
07 - New Cool Dude

05 - Misunderstood

349 21 6
By cosmic_

In the past hour, my hearing had escalated its sensitivity. Every tic of the clock seemed to sound louder than usual. I covered my ears and decided to ignore the endless clicks it made which constantly reminded me that the time of my death was near.

Mr. Butcher, thankfully, didn't make me the center of his attention though I wasacting rather differently today. Maybe that was the key to not be noticed by him, be different.

I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall just above the whiteboard and sank deeper into my seat.

Five minutes to twelve.

Can someone remind me how I got into this mess?

Scott still didn't know about this. I tried to contact him since last week and he didn't reply even once. My last resort to reach him was to contact their house which was clearly crossed out of the list before I could even think about it. Despite the facade that Scott pulled off at school, he was a mama's boy. Her mom wouldn't let him have a girlfriend because, I quote, "he's still my baby."

I jumped to my seat when the bell echoed inside the room making my classmates and Mr. Butcher look at me like I popped out of nowhere--which I was hoping I could do right now.

Smiling awkwardly, I took my bag and ran for the door just to be pulled by someone the moment I stepped out.

The next thing I knew, I was being dragged away by that one person I had been wanting to avoid since last week. I wanted to struggle from his grip but I didn't want to get unnecessary attention so I let him drag me wherever.

When we got out of the school building, my heart started to drum inside my chest. I tried to pull my hand from his grasp but his grip was tighter and stronger.

"Can you let go now?" I said, still struggling to get loose.

He didn't look back at me and it was probably because he didn't hear me or the more convincing reason, he chose to not hear me.

Having no choice, I kicked his ass hard, making him jerk forward. A victorious grin made its way to my face as Riley loosened his grip on me until he finally let go.

Little did I know that my grin was short-lived. When Riley looked over his shoulder at me, his brows were knotted and his eyes were shooting me daggers.

Taking a step back, I laughed awkwardly, "Ha ha ha. Did you see that guy who kicked you? He has some guts," I said pointing my thumb at nobody in particular, because nobody was there.

He turned and narrowed his eyes at me. But that, too, was short-lived because his scowl immediately broke into a smirk, "Really? The kick seemed too girly for me."

"Ha ha. Why do you think that?" I said, flapping my hand. "That's a hard blow."

His eyebrows raised in amusement and his smirk grew wider.

He one-stepped our distance, "Well, Munchkin, did you see his face?"

My face paled and I could feel sweats started to trickle down my temples, "Uh no. He ran so fast and I didn't get to see his face. But he was burly and bald and wore this blue colored sack over his body and orange sneakers with knee high socks," I blabbered.

His brows creased in confusion at what I had just blurted out. I wanted to smack myself. How would a crazy bald guy like the one I just said get into our school grounds? That was the worst excuse a sane person could think of. Ugh! Stupid!

Riley coughed and I looked at him. Well, he wasn't coughing all right? He was stifling his laughter. Squinting my eyes at him, he looked at me with amusement and offered me a crooked grin, "Let's go, maybe the burly bald man wearing a blue colored sack and orange sneakers is still out there. I don't want to get hit on the ass again," he said, winking at me.

I flushed and pressed my lips in a thin line, "Jerk."

"I've been called worse, munchkin," he said with a grin. "Now let's go."

"Can you stop calling me munchkin?" I said, trailing behind him.

"I swear, the next time you make me ride that bike, I swear to God I'm gonna kick your ass harder," I threatened, pointing at him, while I was bent down with a hand resting on my knee.

My eyes couldn't leave the green sight beneath me. I was feeling dizzy as shit and it was all thanks to this bastard standing in front of me. Riley must've gone way over the speed limit than the last time I rode with him. The wind hit my bare arms in a not so delicate manner which only meant we went too fast.

He chuckled and stuffed his hands in his jacket pocket, "We weren't even going that fast."

"Are you freaking kidding me? I almost left my brain back at school when you pulled out of the parking lot!" I said incredulously.

"But you didn't," he pointed out. He raised his left arm and checked the time, "Shit," he muttered under his breath.

I tilted my head at him in confusion, "What is it?"

He turned his gaze to me like he just remembered I was with him, "Nothing. Let's go. We don't have much time," he said and dragged me towards the cafe a couple of meters away.

"Good afternoon, sir. What will you be having?" The girl behind the cashier asked.

Riley looked over her to the menu posted on the wall. After a while, he turned to me and asked what I wanted. Without much of a thought I said, "Vanilla caramel smoothie and blueberry cheesecake."

Come on! What was there to think about? Those were two of the best things in the world!

He grinned at me and turned back to the cashier who was having a hard time keeping the cheeky grin to creep on her face. Rolling my eyes, I turned around and leaned back on the counter just too see more girls grinning like idiots.

What was wrong with these girls? They see Riley for a couple of seconds and they looked like a squirrel got in their pants.

Tapping Riley's shoulder, I pointed an empty table at him and told him I'll go first.

He nodded and I was off.

You could say that it was my most awkward thirty-second walk. The girls around us followed my every step until I got seated on the booth in a corner. At a time like this, it was best that I ignore the judgmental eyes surrounding me but it was hard when you feel it seeping through your skin.

No one had ever looked at me this way when Scott and I were out together. He was hot, too, though I must admit that Riley was hotter. Still, hot should have the same effect on girls. But Riley seemed like in a totally different level than the other hot guys. He was a thousand notches ahead of them for not a single girl could resist him. Or not, because I can.

"They'll be serving it," Riley said as he slipped on the seat across me.

I nodded.

"Have you been here before?"

I shook my head.

"Can I ask you a question?"

I nodded again.

"Can you answer me with a yes or no? Your nod and head shake are kind of getting into my nerves," he said, irritation clear in his voice.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"What happened? We separated for less than five minutes and your mood changed? Seriously?Why are girls like that?"

I glared at him, "It's not a girl thing. I mean, it sort of is. But it's not like that."

My eyes wandered around and the girls were still looking at us. Riley noticed my unusual behavior and followed my gaze.

"Don't mind them."

My attention turned to him, he did take things so lightly. What if these girls have this psychotic tendency? What will happen to me? He should be careful not to just let matters off that easily.

"Chelsea?"

I sat straight up when I heard that overly familiar voice.

Why of all times did she have to come here now? Can you please kill me now?

I slowly turned my head and offered a small smile to her, "Hi mom."

She trudged towards us and gave me a peck on the cheek, "What are you doing here?" When she notice turned her gaze to the guy sitting in front of me, her mouth formed an 'O' before her face broke to a smile, "Hello dear. I'm Leila, Chelsea's mom." She offered her hand and Riley took it.

"Shane Riley, ma'am," he responded politlely, smiling a little.

To say that I was shock with Riley's sudden change of attitude was an understatement.

My mom looked at me knowingly and my eyes widened at what she was trying to get to me, "Woah. No mom. He's a... Friend."

Her face fell when she didn't hear the word boy before I said friend. I shook my head at her and smiled. It seemed like my mom like him too eh?

"Do you want to share the table with us, ma'am?" Riley asked.

Mom turned to him, "Oh no, hun. I bought to go. And I don't want to disturb you two," she said, grinning.

"Mom!" I squealed.

"What?"

I widened my eyes at him and laid out my hands in front, "What what? Stop saying things that'll make him think of other things."

She rolled her eyes then stared at me, "I didn't. You just have a dirty mind." She patted my head before she turned to Riley, "See you around. Take care of my baby, hm?"

Riley chuckled and answered with a nod.

When mom was out of earshot, Riley leaned in and smirked, "Looks like your mom likes me."

"She likes everybody."

"That's not true."

"How do you know that?"

He gestured towards the cashier where i saw mom arguing with the cashier about her order taking so long. I rolled my eyes and dropped my head on the table.

"Fine. She likes you," I mumbled.

"I know. Everyone does." Was his cocky reply.

"Egotistic jerk."

"I heard you."

"Meant to be heard."

"You're mean."

My head shot up at that, "Woah! Hold your horses, I'm mean?"

He nodded.

"Tell me, how am i mean?"

He shrugged.

"Ugh! Can you answer me properly. I can't understand body language."

He grinned and leaned in closer to me, "Want me to teach you?"

My eyes widened and I smacked his head hard. He was rubbing his head when our order arrived.

"Be thankful I don't hit a girl."

"Then thank you." I smiled sweetly.

For a moment, I thought he blushed. But it was gone before i could even confirm it so I just focused on my food and enjoy my cheesecake and smoothie.

"You'll pay some time, muchkin. You'll see." He muttered.

I cocked my head to the side and stared at him, "Let's see." I smirked.

-------
Ughhh sorry for the crappy chap. I won't have a long an since i need to sleep. Just.... Sorry guyss .-.

Unedited.

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 365 48
Ryder Blade has been through much in his life. From witnessing something traumatic to fighting the consequences of it after, he's always fought a ba...
446K 12.8K 33
After being expelled from his previous school, Jayden Hayes, a boy whose personality is almost as troublesome as his traumatic past, is sent off to a...
3.3M 65.1K 19
"I need your help." He was obviously drunk, and I was obviously confused. "What the fu-" Mason pushed a hand to my mouth. "Shhh," he shushed me lou...
305K 7.9K 18
As the notorious "bad ass" of her town, Luna Jones isn't the teen mom you'd expect. Trying to lose her bad reputation to become the princess her son...