Sweet Surrender (Complete)

By HIndia150

(Mature Content) In eight years since their heart-wrenching breakup, a lot has changed for Radhika Verma. She... More

Sweet Surrender
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Epilogue *Smexy*
Wicked Surrender (Soon)

Chapter 23

92.8K 1.8K 92
By HIndia150

Arjun panicked as more gun shots resounded around them, he took hold of Radhika's hand and firmly gripping it, ducking low, started running towards the hallway, which led to the breakfast parlor. He did not stop when he felt a tug from Radhika's hand, she forced him to look at her by digging her nails in his palm.

"What Radhika, are you insane?" He asked her, literally tagging her along with him.

She glared at him, and pushed him to a narrow nook in the wall, "Idiot, you want to go in there and put everyone's life in danger."

Arjun ran his hand shakily through his hair, “Hell, where is security when we need them."

"The UN security must have had a mole and...." Radhika began rambling hurriedly, aware their lives were still in risk. 

"Not your official security but my personal one," he looked at her and gripped her closer to him shielding her body with his.

Radhika narrowed her eyes, “Your what? Have you lost your mind? Why wasn't I..."

Arjun stared at her as if her mind had taken off on a vacation, he shook her roughly," Are you out of your mind, arguing as if we’re taking a walk in a garden, dammit, we can't be here long. Come." He took a step forward. 

She pulled him back, their chests bumping into each other, rousing feelings unwarranted and unnecessary for the moment, Radhika mimicked him, “Come," she rolled her eyes," Enough of the macho man act," she looked at him, pointed at herself, "you're my responsibility, you will follow me. We have an edge for now; the hotel security must have holed them in. We need a place to hide, we need to think. It’s not safe to be here, your room is out of the question."

Already a plan was beginning to take place in her mind. Honed by training she could click things into place in a moment’s notice or even less.

She didn’t dare show her apprehension in her eyes. That was for her to retain and direct.

He blew a deep breath and simply nodded,” Anything, I will do anything that keeps you alive.” He gently cupped her cheek and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead. He placed his hand on Radhika’s shoulder, “lead on.”

Though he had explored hallways on his way up to his room numerous times, but he couldn't recall any particularly good hiding spot.

He prayed for Radhika’s safety, please, just keep her alive.

They ran towards the back of the kitchen as running feet resonated behind them, Radhika ducked and dragged Arjun to the pantry where she made him climb a window and maneuvered out towards the staff quarters.

As Arjun headed towards one of the buildings that seemed safe enough to him, she shook her head and pointed towards the clock tower.

“I have the keys, they have a small room, on the top used only by the maintenance staff, hidden for beautification purpose and is not labeled on the map, I had a duplicate made for emergency,” she wandered.

Arjun looked at her in awe, “If we weren’t running I would have kissed you right now.”

“Thank god, I had the sense to dangle it in my necklace and wear it around my neck.”

Trying to make the situation light, Arjun murmured,” Those are just details, I wouldn’t let any situation to kiss you let by.”

“Arjun, be serious,” Radhika simply tugged at his hand, made him run faster and stopped near the tower, “You go ahead, I will check around here for any intruders and be there as soon as I can.”

As she went ahead to take a step forward, she was hauled back and lifted on to the steps that led to the top of the tower.

“Arjun,” she tried to peel her hands away.

He glared at her, “Shut up! Get it, enough, you might be the ‘lady in shining armor’ but don’t you forget you’re my lady. I will check while you go up there and make yourself comfortable.”

“Arjun but.”

“Shut up and go,” his order shocked her and rendered her speechless.

She knew he could take care of himself but how could she tell him, she was afraid something might happen to him, then what? What about her? How will she live? For whom?

 She couldn’t lose him, not now, not ever. He might not be hers, but she wanted him to be alive and...happy. She didn’t dare think of what could have happened, she couldn’t bear it, she needed him to be alive.

Radhika touched his face, her trembling fingers trailing across his jaw. "Be careful, Arjun. We still have much to do."

He couldn't see the fear in her eyes but he could hear it in her voice. He grabbed her and kissed her hard and fast. "And we'll do it all," he promised.

The narrow winding steps that led to the tower were uneven.  Arjun reached down again and took a defensive stance; he did not have any training to deal with such issues. But being a billionaire had sharpened his senses and built in him a need to protect not himself but those close to him. Right now, he was protecting the most valued thing to him in the whole world.

It was daylight and that was his advantage. No one would be stupid enough to venture out and be recognized.

A shadow passed by.

He prayed Radhika had found a decent hiding spot. If the worst happened, he wanted her protected.

Without a weapon, her wits were her only means of defense. His too.

He crouched low, ready to jump....then sighed in visible relief as the shadow meowed and ran away.

A cat, he smiled.

Movement on the steps above his position pulled his attention. He tightened his jaw and folded his palm into punch.

Radhika.

Arjun relaxed, instantly lowered his offensive stance. His heart thumped with equal measures relief and anxiety.”It’s clear.”

"Good," she said softly as she crouched down next to him. "Let’s go up, I have found the room."

Arjun wished he could protect her from this. She deserved peace and happiness.

"How about you?" He scanned the wall and courtyard. "You holding up okay?" If only he could comfort her. He reached out and touched her cheek.

She leaned into his touch, sending that sweet, familiar warmth through him. "I am alright,” she sighed.

“We will make it through,” he made it sound like a simple operation, but the truth was they were in serious trouble here. All the enemy had to do was wait them out. The chances of someone who might be able to lend assistance or spook the assassins coming to this remote location were zero to none. Odds of getting any sort of communication out were equally thin. They were on their own. His gut twisted with regret.

He didn’t know who was targeting him, all he knew was why, and knew that he was the one being targeted. Radhika had been simply dragged into this mess.  His heart fell down and he rubbed his hand on his chest, as he realized the danger his woman was in because of him, his plan.

His desire to change the world, to see a marvel happening in front of his eyes may cost him everything. Was that miracle even worth the sacrifice?

He shuddered.

He wouldn’t lose, not now, not ever. He decided, as they climbed the narrow steps.

He looked at the small room, half of which was covered with rusted machinery, and the otherwise gloomy atmosphere was siphoned off by the stream of sun light entering unfetteringly via the high placed ventilators.

This was good, only one entrance and the continuous ‘tick-tock’ of the humongous clock to keep them company.  

Arjun shut the door with a click as they sat down next to each other.

She shifted and leaned her head back on the wall. "We’re okay," she whispered.

Arjun turned and sensing her need of touch, entwined their fingers together as she leaned her head on his shoulder. 

They sat quietly, both lost in thought. How close had they come to losing the one they loved beyond measured. Who did it? From who was the bullet designed for, nothing mattered, all that shook them witless with fear was the fact that they had come very close to losing each other forever. 

Radhika shivered as a single tear found its way splashing on her face and she snuggled more into Arjun, she craved his touch, what if everything had gone as the assassins had planned, then what? He would have been...No, she wouldn't think that. He was here with her, safe and secure. She tightened her hold on him. Arjun covered her arms with his taking her into a loving, soothing embrace. 

"Shh, Radhika," Arjun patted her head as he kept his own fears at bay. 

To think he had been jealous of that Ethan, when he had come so close to losing his love, who
was the sole reason for his existence, what if he hadn't pulled her down on time...seconds had mattered...What if...?

He shook his head, ‘what ifs’ would always plague the mind, what was of importance was they had today, the present, she was here with him and he had been granted another chance by god to undo his wrongs, to live his life with 'his life'.

Radhika scooted on his lap and rested her forehead on his, “please, I need you."

Arjun wound his arms around her securing her in his warmth," Radhika, we're alright. Shhh..We need to talk. There is so much to talk about last night, about what happened eight years back, about...."

Radhika brushed her fingers on his lips," Afterwards, I promise, anything, anything you want. Please, tell me you're okay."

Arjun kissed her lightly on her lips and whispered, “I am okay, and you’re okay."

"No, Arjun, not like this. Make love with me, please, please."

She curled her fingers into his neck, pulling him toward her. Desire flared in his eyes. She heard the intake of his breath. Then she touched her lips to his.

Not like before, his kiss. Deep, passionate, dark and hot, it set her instantly aflame. She twined her arms around his neck and he pulled her closer, molding her against the solid muscle of his body, stroking her back, the curve of her bottom, all the while urgently laying claim to her mouth.

He extracted himself reluctantly, staying firm, “Radhika, you’re just scared, I am with you, nothing will happen.” He stroked her cheek with his fingers, trailing his fingertips, etching every little detail in his mind.

Before Radhika could speak, he thought to lighten the situation, they had to talk, they needed to talk, he wouldn’t take advantage of her in this moment, he couldn’t, not before confessing his love for her, begging for forgiveness, she deserved that and more, “Can you imagine how I felt not finding you in my bed and then enjoying breakfast with Ethan?”

Responding to the humor in his eyes, she nodded. "It must have been a hell of a shock. Arjun, can’t we talk later. I need to feel you.”

She didn’t know if they would even come out alive from this ordeal. She wanted him once, just once again. She might not be able to confess her love to him in words but she could do it through the intermingling of their souls. And she wanted that. She had never felt this way with anyone, she didn’t know why she was feeling like this with him but he was too important for her and losing him would irrevocably end her life too. She might have been trained to deal with such situations but the personal factor in it, led astray all the techniques she had learnt, memorized.

She wanted him. She had come close to losing him, still could lose him.

He was thrown off balance so quickly and completely, he could hear his own brain stumble. Why couldn’t she understand, he wanted her, in the most primal sense but not like this, not when things were so complicated,” Radhika, listen to me.”

“No, you listen to me, listen to my heart,” she brushed her lips, rubbing them sensually on his.

Arjun groaned, they had so much to talk, so much to clear out, strategy to make, and a plan to survive. How could he do this to her,” Radhika, I am not taking advantage of you in this manner.”

"I am the one taking advantage of you, it's interesting that makes you nervous," she said, countering his argument.

 "I'm not nervous,” Arjun’s voice sounded unsure even to himself. God, what was she doing to him,” Radhika, this is serious.”

“I know that and that’s why I want you, I can’t lose you,” she cried out as a tear slipped from her eyes.

Arjun moved quickly, pressed his lips to the tear and said,” I am with you, always.”

His blood was already swimming. Hot and fast.

She moved in and kissed him again, losing herself in his warmth.

“Radhika, please understand, I can’t do this to the woman I lov....,” Arjun moaned.

Radhika pressed her lips to his, silencing him, her heart fluttered but she couldn’t wait, she was too gone to counter it, ask for explanations, this was just her emotions jading her logical mind, if he would reject her now, she wouldn’t be able to survive, she shut up and just lost herself in him.

“Less talking Arjun, more action, “Radhika whispered.

She took his wrist, pressed his hand to her breast. "I want your hands on me."

"Radhika?”

His fears were overturned with desire, how could he refuse her now. If he rejected her, would she even give him a chance again? But, if he had her, wouldn’t be against his ethics?

He felt her withdrawal. Darn it, he couldn’t take that now. He couldn’t refuse her that security. He knew somewhere he was still her refuge, her sanctuary. What would anyone else do in his situation? When the woman you loved with all your heart demanded her basic need to be satisfied?

“It will be a mistake, Radhika.”

 "No. Just touch me. Let it be a mistake."

His hand closed over her. She was beautiful, pure and through some momentary miracle, his. "We won't let it be one," he said, giving up entirely and taking her in his arms. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 15.2K 47
You believe in me or not..you can't just ignore me....I walk with you on all your en-devours...some fear me ....some love me....a few challenge me...
7.6K 955 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
260K 12K 38
Highest ranking: #4 in Indian; #7 in General Fiction; #7 in politics. •2nd place category winner of The Stellar Awards, 2018. •1st place winner of Wo...
214K 3.4K 15
(Available on Amazon Kindle) ✯ How love finds its way to reach you ✯ Meera Rao ~ Harsha Kumar She is introverted enough to mess up with her hidden em...