The Story of our Life (A Coll...

By babyfacesweetheart

A collection of one shot. This is strictly Ziall and Ziall only. Request are now open. Feel Free to message m... More

The Story of our Life (A Collection of Ziall One Shots)
You are under arrest (For a lifetime imprisonment in my heart)

Get out of my Jurisdiction (but never in my heart)

1K 41 9
By babyfacesweetheart

Author's note: Here it is! The opener for the collection! I hope you guys like it! :) 

It's long so bear with me, I got carried away. XD

Enjoy!

Love lots,

-Babyfacesweetheart xx

P.s The author's note in the end is important. :D please read.

Summary: Zayn was the chief of police and Niall is the lieutenant. The only difference is Zayn is in New York while Niall is a police on training on becoming a chief of police in Washington who will apparently work for them the rest of winter until summer. Apparently, they developed a weird relationship that the whole police station talks about which mostly consist of ‘I ship them so hard men.’ and yeah. Did I mention Louis is getting married with Harry and Louis decided to mix it in Zayn’s problem? So yeah, I did mention it now.

+++++

Zayn hated nights in New York, especially if you are a British boy trying to get by the American’s way every day of your life. Zayn sometimes try to think of a good enough reason to leave America and go back to London, which is none because believe it or not. Growing up in London was like being choked. Zayn can’t deny you won’t like London that much if your parent doesn’t even let you like it for one bit. The only escape was to accept the cross-country job of being the first British to seat on the chief of police and the youngest at the age of 23.

Basically, Zayn turns to like New York and he wished he could like London as much if he had a break he will surely spend two weeks in London just to know his mother land. Anyway, Zayn only hate one thing in New York. Like what said earlier it was the nights.

The only upside was the lights but nothing else. He hated the nights because he had to go climb up a 4 story building in order to reach his penthouse. Yes, he has a penthouse and it’s big enough to fit two elephant. No, he didn’t get this money from the police money; it was actually the fruit of his hard work thank you very much.

So yeah, Zayn hated that thing and also he hated the nights because apparently his neighbors downstairs decided to be a vampire and be up all night. All in all, Zayn couldn’t get a proper good night sleep.

Tonight is no difference except another big problem was being shouldered and brought home with it.

+++++

Zayn moodily opened the door of his penthouse. He walked a little further and threw his bag on the couch and slumped himself on it.

“Damn it.” Zayn groaned as he ran a hand on his face when he heard his phone announced that he got five messages. He walked towards it and let it play all the messages while he was making himself a cup of coffee.

‘Zayn, this is Amanda Withholder. Remember me when you were on the field. You saved me from that frenzied kidnapper a few years ago. I would just like to ask again if your are—‘

Zayn immediately pushed the button on stopping the message and sighed. That girl was giving him the creeps and honestly, he was kind enough not to put a restraining order on her. She knew he was gay, why wouldn’t she stop. Zayn walked towards the kitchen which is connected from his sitting room. He walked towards his kettle and weighed it if it has water. He quickly opened the cupboard above one of the kitchen counters and pulled out of a box tea collection. When he was settled on waiting for the water to boil the next message came in.

‘Hey Zee, its Louis, Yeah, yeah I know I suck when I didn’t tell you I was going to marry Harry but hey! You are invited actually and it’s happening the week after next, Saturday on American calendar. Since you know I am in London and I think its Tuesday there, October 15. So it’s going to be on November 2nd. Oh crap, I’m getting married men and you are kind of my best man. The wedding will be on the Caribbean beach. We will be flying there tomorrow, see you soon bro! Bye.’

Zayn smiled, yes of course, even though he didn’t have the time to like London he appreciated it through his best mate Louis. Louis Tomlinson is a pain in the ass and the greatest profiler Zayn met. Zayn sometimes talked to him even though he is on the other side of the world, asking for advice. Zayn was a little bit offended when he heard Louis was going to marry his own boss which is Harry Styles who was considered Chief of Police in one of the departments they have in London, but Zayn is happy because he got to see Louis for almost three years since he left London.

Zayn jumped when he heard the kettle whistled and immediately turned it off. He went towards his phone when he heard one of the advertisements in phone encouraging you to have a debit card. Then the next message was from someone who is a prank caller. Zayn was about to cancel the last message when he heard the name.

‘Liam Payne, this is Liam Zayn. Don’t you dare erase this message! Incase this is your last message. Anyway, Boss I received a call from Washington, they said Maria Mendez the usual inspector who works for us as an intern in training for chief of police already resigned and asked to be transferred to  military. The old chief of police Mr. Cowell approved and brought in another cross-country employee just like you. The difference is he is from Ireland and Mr. Cowell expects you to accommodate him tomorrow. So yeah, by the way, I’ll take the Herman’s case if you like. I always wanted to take that bastard down. That’s it. Yeah, bye boss see yah!’

Zayn stared for a while on the phone and minutes later groaned.

“Great, I could pull out myself from that Herman’s case and plunged it into much deeper trouble, first Louis’ wedding and now a new trainee great.” Zayn sighed and made his tea. He kept on grumbling until he walked up the stairs and up to his open second floor which means it was only half the penthouse, only covering the kitchen and the bathroom. Zayn walked straight towards his desk and sat on the chair. He took a sip from the tea and opened up his email.

Zayn narrowed his eyes and glad he hasn’t got any emails. He quickly turned off his computer, scared that Mr. Cowell might see him online and message him about the new trainee. He took another sip of the tea and walked towards his closet.

A couple of minutes later, Zayn was about to fall asleep when he heard someone knocking on his door.

“Oh for the love of God” Zayn exclaimed as he threw off his blanket. He was only in sweatpants and topless when he reached the door. He didn’t bother to look through the peep hole. He swings the door open and revealed a young looking blonde blue eyed boy staring at him shock.

“Ugh, Hi” The blonde breathed out as his eyes scanned Zayn’s upper torso. Zayn rolled his eyes and leaned against the door frame, he already got problems to deal tomorrow he wouldn’t like to start now.

“Who are you?” Zayn snapped and he suddenly felt guilty when the blue eyed boy flinched, but hey you wouldn’t blame him. It was already ten he was supposed to be asleep by now. The boy started blushing and looked down.

“Ugh, I-I’m Niall Horan. I am the new intern for the New York police department and Mr. Cowell told me you will be the one who will let me… you know. Sleep in your ugh… penthouse.” The boy, Niall said while Zayn stared at him for a while.

“You got to be kidding me.”

++++

“I’m sorry to bother you Mr. Malik. I didn’t expect you are about to go to bed.” Niall rambled as Zayn gave him a cup of tea. Zayn sat beside him, and scanned the boy. He did bother to put a shirt on; it seems the blonde is quite uncomfortable with it.

“Please stop calling me Mr. Malik. I don’t like that, you make me feel old. Call me Zayn if we are outside and when inside the station or in the midst of work. Call me Chief or Boss or whatever you want. By the way, how old are you?” Zayn asked politely as he watched the blonde take sip from his cup of tea.

“22” Zayn nearly choked on his own spit.

“You’re 22? You look like 19 or 18 or something!” Zayn exclaimed while Niall chuckled.

“People always say that but actually I’m 22. I haven’t got my haircut so, I look kind of young. I have the same style of hair like you. I do it in a quaff.” Niall muttered. Zayn chuckled and shook his head.

“How come you are early? We are expecting you are going to come in tomorrow and I didn’t expect that accommodating you would include me letting you sleep in my penthouse but, you are welcome here.” Zayn quickly rushed the last part.

“Actually, my flight got mixed up and I was book on the earlier flights towards here. Mr. Cowell decided it won’t hurt if I go here early. At least, I could have the time to adjust in American ways. I’m a good student actually.” Niall said. Zayn smiled at how the blonde was so innocent and adorable that he think that the blonde isn’t capable of being a chief of police but he set it aside. He didn’t know the blonde so well to judge so he set it aside.

“Okay, since you are here. Let me lead you to your room.” Zayn said as he guide Niall towards the guestroom that sometimes, his colleague Liam runs in whenever he had a fight with his girlfriend Julia. They’ve been living together for almost a year and the fight is almost once a month. At least, Zayn could think they are still a normal couple if they have fights.

“Wow, the room is pretty much big for a guest room.” Niall gushed. Zayn watched amusedly as the blonde looked at every corner of the room.

“This will be your room in five months that you will be in training.” Zayn declared. Niall looked at him and smiled.

“Okay, then. I think you are settled. I’m going to sleep, be sure to be up at 8 we are going to the police station at 9 sharp.” Zayn declared.

“Yes sir.” Niall replied. Zayn just shook his head and chuckled as he walked towards his bedroom upstairs, finally getting the sleep he deserves.

++++

The next morning, Zayn woke up at 8 with someone cooking on his kitchen. At first, instincts kicked in and his hand immediately reached towards the stun gun on his bedside drawer. Then his mind suddenly reminded him that he let in a guess last night.

“Good morning! I-I cook something as a sorry gift on bothering you so late last night.” Niall greeted happily while Zayn walked down the stairs.

“You cook?” Zayn asked while he watched the blonde cook some scrambled eggs and hot cakes. Niall nodded while he skillfully flipped one of the hotcakes by one hand.

“My father owns a pub back in Ireland. I usually man his kitchen every weekend.” Niall muttered. Zayn looked at him amused and walked towards his coffee maker.

“Would you like some coffee?” Zayn asked while he scooped up some coffee powder out of a jar. Niall looked at him and nodded gratefully.

“So, why did you decide to you know accept training on becoming chief of police for Washington?” Zayn asked. Niall looked at him as Zayn set up the coffee maker for the both of them. Niall smiled and continue on flipping the pan cakes.

“I wanted some new air, I mean, I do love Ireland. I just thought that my real life isn’t going to start there. So I decided to accept this job since I finished Uni.” Niall shrugged. He turned off the stove and served the pan cakes and eggs in two different plates, while Zayn served two hot cups of coffee.

“Mine is different, it’s my only escape that’s why I went here in US.” Zayn declared making the blonde look at him curiously while he munches on some pan cakes.

“Really, you must hate London that much for you to leave it eh?” Niall asked. Zayn quickly shook his head.

“No, I just didn’t have the opportunity to like it anyway; I need to take a shower. Get ready we are leaving in 5 minutes.” Zayn declared eating up the remains of his pan cake while Niall scrambled on his own making Zayn laugh.

+++++

A few minutes later, Zayn and Niall reached the police station. Zayn parked the car on the nearest entrance while Niall looked around curiously.

“So this is New York, traffics and a lot of people shouting at each other.” Niall declared making the older lad laugh. Zayn turned and picked up his suitcase out of his backseat.

“You just need to get used to it besides we are near downtown.” Zayn declared. Niall nodded and quickly followed Zayn out of the car. They silently walked towards the police station’s entrance.

“Hey Maki” Zayn greeted the guy at the door who smile and waved a hand which is holding a donut.

“Hey boss and who are you with?” Maki the old guy raised and born in Texas asked Zayn as he wiggled his gray eyebrows up and down. Zayn just shook his head and rolled his eyes while Niall looked at them confused.

“This is the new trainee. His name is Niall, he’s Irish.” Zayn said and continue to get inside. Niall smiled and waved awkwardly at Maki but before he could follow Zayn inside. Maki stopped him by the arm and Niall looked at him confused.

“Kid, welcome to New York Police central. I hope you have nice five month training. Few tips eh? The coffee here is made out of mud so be careful with that kid.” Maki teased and let Niall go. Niall laughed and nodded.

“Sure will take that advice old man.” Niall replied making the old man laugh and gave him a pretty hard clap on the clap.

“I like you more than that feisty girl from Madrid. Good luck kid.” Maki declared and Niall nodded. When he entered Zayn was waiting for him.

“Maki likes you. Good start.” Zayn said while Niall smiled at him. They walked inside the office and Niall’s jaw dropped open. The police station is huge; the whole building’s first floor is occupied with a lot of desk. Uniformed policemen and women frantically walking around, and phones kept on ringing.

“This is the respond units; they are the one who handles the 911 calls. Half of the first floor is the one who answer the calls and the other half is the action.” Zayn explained while Niall nodded. Niall looked around and found different offices.

“That is the offices of my special investigators, profilers and my lieutenants.” Zayn said. Zayn smiled and greeted back every policemen and women they meet along the way. When they reach the far side of the police station, Zayn climbed up the step and Niall followed suit.

“My office is located on the second floor in the middle. See that protruding office in the middle of the station that stand’s as a tower? That’s my office.” Zayn pointed while they walk towards it.

“Ugh, where is my office then?” Niall asked. Zayn pointed at the room across the bridge that leads to Zayn’s office.

“There, so I could keep a monitor on you.” Zayn said while Niall nodded. While, Zayn explained the history of the police central they are standing at. A brown haired boy suddenly popped out of nowhere startling Niall and making Zayn sorry for the blonde lad.

“Boss, the intern hasn’t—oh! That is the intern! Hi, my name is Liam Payne. I am Zayn’s chief investigator.” Liam who is also Zayn’s mate greeted the blonde rather more enthusiastic than Maki.

“H-hi my name is Niall Horan.” Niall introduced himself. Zayn just shook his head and laid a hand on Liam’s shoulder.

“About the Herman’s case, here have this.” Zayn said and gave him the briefcase he was holding. Liam humped and smiled.

“Okay then, well. I see you soon Niall.” Liam ran off towards his office which is beside Niall.

“He is rather a happy lad don’t you think?” Niall asked while Zayn laughed.

“You better get used to it then. He is one of my greatest men here. Wait up and see my best profiler.” Zayn said as they walked towards Niall’s office. Zayn opened the door for Niall’s office and let the lad in. The office was almost as big as Zayn’s guest room. It has a big oak desk on the far side of the room which stood just in front of the door. Niall has his own sitting area and a nice big carpet in the middle of it. He has his own bar and fridge.

“This room does not look like to be an intern’s office.” Niall declared. Zayn chuckled and walked over at the bar. Niall looked at him and blushed. Apparently, seeing Zayn in a different outfit than wearing sweatpants and shirt make Niall a little bit attracted to his boss.

“This was my old office and when I reached my first anniversary as the chief of police, I decided to build a new one in the middle of the police station. I always wanted to keep in tabs on whatever is happening inside my territory. I made this room as my intern’s office, since every intern that comes here becomes chief of police.” Zayn explained while he poured some iced tea. Niall nodded.

“So, here’s some welcoming iced tea, Maki made them and get used to the feeling of this office. Your first lesson will start tomorrow. Get comfy.” Zayn said and smiled as the blonde lad blushed and nodded. Zayn walked out of the office and towards his when suddenly Liam was immediately on his side.

“Do you want Josh to tell you his profile? He is seems a nice lad and besides the four year difference is not problem.” Liam rushed while Zayn looked at him incredibly.

“What are you trying to say?” Zayn asked when they entered the office. Liam smiled and shook his head while narrowing his eyes.

“Nothing, I just thought you need a date to bring with at Louis’ wedding and Niall is the perfect lad for it you think?” Liam asked. Zayn just looked at him as if he grown two more heads.

“Liam I don’t need a date when it comes to Louis’ wedding okay? Besides, all we have will be a professional relationship and nothing else.” Zayn said while shuffling through the papers on his desk. Liam rolled his eyes as he walked towards the open window of Zayn’s office and looked down. He scanned the whole first floor and smirked when he saw a familiar hair walking towards the stairs.

“Professional relationship my ass” Liam declared making Zayn looked at with his facial expression that usually says ‘what the fuck dude’. Liam raised his hand in the defense.

“Okay, I’m going back to the office.” Liam stopped as he reached the door knob and turned around to look at Zayn one more time.

“I think you need to think about that date, you know if Louis eve barges in your office—“Liam was cut off when the door suddenly flew open. Liam laughed when he saw Zayn’s expression.

“Hi Zayn” Louis exclaimed making Zayn stare at him.

“Shit.”

+++++

Zayn rubbed the back of his neck; it’s been almost five days since Louis got in and since he was starting to look at his intern like a cuddly bear who is much more adorable than his sister. Zayn groaned as he canceled another meeting in order to attend suit shopping with Louis later at five. Zayn checked his clock.

“1” Zayn read. Then as if on cue Niall entered the office with bags of take outs in his hand. The upside of having an intern like Niall he is an angel sent from above.

“Here’s lunch” Niall declared placing the take out bags on top of Zayn’s coffee table. Then he went towards the windows and closed the curtains to give the two of them more privacy. Zayn smiled and walked towards the sofa Zayn used to share now and took one take out.

“Thanks Niall.” Zayn said munching on his take out. They sat there for a while.

“So what is the next lesson Boss?” Niall asked while Zayn gulped and nodded.

“Okay, then lesson number be tough.” Zayn said while Niall looked at him quizzically.

“Be tough?”

“Yeah, you need to be tough.” Zayn said. Niall suddenly swallowed and put his take out on the coffee table.

“So, am I tough?” Niall asked while Zayn looked at him up and down. Niall wore different each day; he was the most down to earth intern he ever met. He never wore sophisticated clothes like the last one did. He always settles for slacks and a dress shirt that is enough to be rolled on the sleeves. He always wears a snapback. Zayn looked at him like he was thinking while Niall wait at him expectedly.

“No.”

“What! Why?” Niall asked flailing his hands to the side that made Zayn laughed. He was really an adorable cuddly bear—what?

“I-I mean you look young and your co workers would look over you as if you are something small to them and that is not good.” Zayn chocked out a reply, while Niall looked at him quite offended.

“Okay, now do I look tough?” Niall asked and when Zayn looked at him he can’t help but to burst out laughing.

“That isn’t tough Ni; it’s just puffing out your chest.” Zayn said and laughed more when Niall pouted at him. Then he quickly shook his head after his laugh died down.

“Kidding aside, being tough isn’t just about looking like one. You need be tough in here, because if you are as soft as veil you can’t face tragedies. Tragedies happen here in the police station and you need to be tough on yourself not to blame everything on your shoulder mostly if you are going to be the chief of police.” Zayn explained while Niall nodded. After that, they sat in a comfortable silence, not until Niall accidentally spill the orange juice he brought for himself.

“Oh god, I’m sorry.” Niall said frantically as he started wiping the spilled orange juice on the coffee table.

“Hey, it’s okay.” Zayn decided as he laid a hand on top of Niall to stop him on wiping too much on Zayn’s coffee table. They both stopped when their hand made contact, little twinkling of electricity flowed through their body that Niall quickly stood up and packed every take out bags and throw it in the trash can.

“So, I should get back to work. See yah.” Niall said immediately and left. Zayn stared for a while and groan.

“Great.”

+++++

“So, Niall” Louis drawled Niall’s name as Zayn and him were hanging out one Friday. It was almost a week since that awkward encounter and damn it why Zayn suddenly wanted to touch Niall.

“Shut up Louis.” Zayn grumbled as he took a long swig of his whiskey.

“Just ask him out already as your date for the wedding next Saturday.” Louis declared and Zayn grunted.

“Not happening, besides how many times do I need to tell you that our relationship is only professional.” Zayn said taking another swig of his whiskey making himself wince.

“Zayn, I’m not asking you to have a relationship with him. Just invite him okay?” Louis asked earnestly while Zayn looked at him with those cold daggers that Louis usually just shrugged on.

“Okay then.” Zayn sighed and Louis cheered.

It seems his plan is working.

+++++

Meanwhile Niall was at the penthouse cooking some dinner when he heard Zayn walked inside the house.

“Hey.” Zayn greeted his words slightly heavy, he was a little bit tipsy Niall guessed and knowing his best mate Louis for almost two weeks. He knew the feathered haired boy let the older lad drink.

“Tea” Niall asked. Zayn slumped on the chair and smile up at Niall gratefully.

“Yes please.” he murmured. He watched as Niall walked around the kitchen effortless and in with a great grace. Since his alcohol deprive thinking is on he stood and walked towards Niall.

“Niall” Niall heard his name and turned around. He jumped when he saw Zayn already standing in front of him with a look in his face that made Niall blush.

“Ugh, do you need anything Zayn?” Niall stammered a bit. Zayn stared at him for a while.

“Lesson four: Resistance.” Zayn suddenly declared and Niall nodded.

“Okay, a field lesson. What about resistance Zayn?”Niall asked, and then he blushed when he saw the older lad leaning closer and smirking in a way that every Niall’s resolve melted like an ice.

“I want you to resist me.” Zayn said.

“What?”

“I said I want you to resist me.” Zayn repeated and Niall jumped when Zayn wrapped his arms around Niall’s tiny waist. Niall’s hands went to Zayn’s chest.

“Resist you?” Niall asked again while Zayn hummed.

“How will I do it?” Niall asked. Zayn smirked.

“Your say” Zayn replied. Niall stared at him for a while before his eye traveled down Zayn’s lips.

“W-what if, I say I can’t resist you?” Niall asked and his eyes looked up at Zayn’s and it immediately turned dark with affection and arousal.

“Niall” Zayn groaned and his hand tighten on Niall’s waist. Niall did the only thing he wanted to do for so long, he crashed his lips against Zayn’s and everything seems to click. Zayn immediately lifted Niall up to let him seat on the counter. The food Niall was cooking long forgotten as the two continue to kiss.

Zayn’s tongue soon snaked its way between the blonde’s lips and Niall moaned.  Niall tasted sweet and adorable and cute at the same time and Zayn groaned then pulled away.

“Would you be my date at Louis’ wedding then?” Zayn asked knocking Niall out his thoughts of Zaynzaynzayn.

“What?”

“You told me you can’t resist me eh?” Zayn said cheekily all those professional shits he’s been saying were thrown out the window. Niall laughed and shook his head.

“Okay. I’ll go out with you as a date, but I don’t have suit with me.” Niall said and pouted. Zayn hummed and peck Niall’s pouting lips. He hoisted him up in his arms while Niall yelped and blush.

“That’s easy, so. I’m not that hungry anymore.” Zayn said. Niall still has his arms wrapped around Zayn’s neck and his hand already caressing Zayn’s skull. Niall blushed and engage a soft short kiss from Zayn because well the older is addicting.

“Me either.” Niall whispered and Zayn chuckled. He crushed the blonde closer to his body and started mouthing the blonde’s neck making the blonde whimper.

“I think we could pull an all night then eh?” Zayn asked while he continues to mouth Niall’s neck while walking towards the stove. He turns off the stove and started walking towards the stairs. He looked at Niall and the blonde lad look uncertain.

“Ugh, I don’t know.” Niall said

“You know you can’t resist me.” Zayn teased and Niall giggled.

“Okay then.” Niall said when they reached Zayn’s bedroom.

“Well then, what now?” Zayn asked as he laid Niall carefully on the bed and hovered over him. The blonde bit his lips and brought their lips together again. After some time, he pulled away and smiled sexily at him.

“I’m at your mercy boss.”

+++++

“Do you know who the latest trending topic in the station is?” Liam asked when Zayn just so much enter the station. Niall was still asleep back at the penthouse and Zayn didn’t have the nerve to wake him up. He gave him a break for one day.

“Ugh, no” Zayn answered and Liam tsk-ed at him. Suddenly, Josh who is another Irish like Niall popped out and smiled at him.

“Apparently chief, you are too caught up with your world with Niall that you didn’t have the tops on the latest gossip. To cut your curiosity, it’s you and Niall or what we call Ziall.” Josh reported like he was a moving robot. Zayn looked at him wide eyed and gulped a little bit.

“How in the hell did this started?” Zayn grunted. He doesn’t know how his just engaged lovely relationship with Niall last night immediately reached the station. Everybody already stopped what they were doing and all pointed at Liam.

“Why are you all accusing me?” Liam exclaimed making the other snicker. Zayn sighed and shook his head.

“Stop this gossips will you and everybody get back to your works you lazy asses!” Zayn shouted. The rest of the station laughed and the others grumbled.

“You Josh why you don’t start your questioning on Mr. Herman and you my office now.” Zayn spat out the instructions making the two jump and scramble. Zayn walked calmly towards his office when his phone vibrated. Yes, he got a phone; he just didn’t have so much use for it. He pulled it out and smiled.

“Hey.” Zayn greeted as he answered the phone.

“Is it true you are giving me a break?” The familiar Irish accented voice said making Zayn smile.

“Good morning to you too and yes, I’m giving you a break baby. It seems like you were too tired after last night.” Zayn teased. The blonde on the other line blushed hotly and pull the covers up more to cover his already naked body.

“But I just started two weeks ago. It’s too early for my break.” Niall insisted. Zayn tsk-ed as he entered his office completely oblivious to the squeals and whispers of the police women downstairs who has a clue who was Zayn talking to.

“You need it and besides it’s my reward on you saying yes on going with me in the wedding and to shut up Louis about me asking on it.” Zayn mumbled remembering last night telling everything to Niall why suddenly a change of heart. The blonde just answered him with a kiss and apparently the rest was history.

“Well, then. Let me use your computer. Remember about the two paper works you gave me, I haven’t finished it yet and its deadline will be tomorrow.” Niall said and Zayn sighed.

“Okay just don’t move much. You know…  I know it hurts.” Zayn trailed off. The blonde on the other side blushed.

“You don’t need to remind me that. Now it hurts.” Niall said. Zayn laughed as he could exactly hear Niall’s pout on the other side of the phone.

“I need to do some work just take some rest yeah?” Zayn asked.

“Ugh, okay. I’ll try. Bye Zee.” Niall muttered the nickname. Zayn smiled and hummed.

“Bye babe.” Zayn hang up and put his phone aside. He quickly shook his head and erased his smile when Liam entered.

“Liam you know me and Niall aren’t—“

“I heard everything.” Liam cut Zayn off startling Zayn. Zayn sighed and motioned for Liam to lock the door and close the curtain.

“Don’t say I told you so. I know, I know.” Zayn said and Liam chuckled as he sat in front of Zayn’s desk.

“I just thought you will be just engaging with him in a temporary way but apparently you seem smitten.” Liam quipped and Zayn glared at him.

“I’m not smitten. I’m just… happy.” Zayn stated it like he was not sure. Liam rolled his eyes and sissy slap Zayn’s face making the older lad look at him with a hurt face.

“What was that for?” Zayn exclaimed making Liam just shook his head.

“You can’t fuck with me.” Liam said and Zayn rolled his eyes in return.

“Liam, just this thing will be just temporary and besides Niall’s leaving in a few months.” Zayn said.

“But Zayn, that’s my point. Niall’s leaving and in the way you act on him. It’s like you’re smitten already or somewhat. We just don’t want you to lose concentration because apparently Herman’s case final trial will be on the date Niall will leave. You know you need to be there.” Liam said and Zayn closed his eyes. He forgot about the Herman’s case while he was caught up with his feelings with Niall and the upcoming wedding.

“I won’t lose my concentration Liam. I promise, now just go back to work and let me manage my time. I need to take suit shopping Niall.” Zayn declared making Liam smiled. He didn’t comment on how Zayn ended up still thinking of Niall, he just left and leave Zayn on his thoughts.

+++++

Zayn put his problems aside, it was Louis’ and Harry’s after wedding party. He was with Niall and they were currently in the middle of the dance floor, the both of them swaying with some of the couples that went to the wedding.

“It’s November already. I still have four months until I leave for Washington.” Niall declared making Zayn sigh and clutched on the younger lad tighter. Niall buried his head in the crook of Zayn’s neck.

“Let’s not just think about it yeah?” Zayn whispered against Niall’s ear. The blonde visibly shivered but nodded. They continue to dance until Zayn felt a tap on his shoulder and he looked up. He saw Louis and Harry standing there on them smiling.

“Can I dance with my best friend?” Louis asked and Niall immediately nodded. He stepped away but Harry immediately offered him to dance which the blonde accepted completely.

“Why?” Zayn asked getting the dangerous glint in his best friend’s eye.

“Niall, let’s talk about him shall we?” Louis asked making Zayn blush a little. Louis laughed and he looked towards his husband who was having a good laugh too with Niall.

“He is a good lad Zayn, he’s a keeper.” Louis muttered and Zayn sighed.

“The only problem is he’s leaving.” Zayn said while he looked at Niall who was looking at him at Harry’s shoulder and gave him a genuine smile which he returned.

“So you like him?” Louis asked ignoring Zayn’s statement. Zayn continue to stare at Niall while they dance.

“Yes. I like him.” Zayn stated making Louis smile.

“There you have your problem solve.” Louis said, but Zayn groaned.

“Louis I can’t stop him okay? I don’t want to destroy the future he have at Washington.” Zayn said as averted his gaze from Niall to his best friend. Louis just sighed and shook his head.

“Long distance relationship isn’t bad.” Louis mumbled making Zayn close his eyes.

“I’m not good with that, you know I’m the romantic kind of person that craves their other half’s touched and never want to be far away with the one they love.” Zayn stated making Louis chuckled.

“Well, then tell him you like him. No, tell him you are falling for him. It’s up to him if he wanted to work it out or not.” Louis said and Zayn sighed in defeat.

“I’ll ask him but not now. Soon”

++++

The days passed and Zayn seems to forget what he and Louis talked about. He lived his moments with Niall. He took the blonde dates and sometimes they stay in the penthouse cuddled up or make love. It was they have done since the last three months.

The next Zayn knew it was Niall’s last night. They were at his bed which Niall took residence for almost five months. They were kissing; Niall perched on Zayn’s lap and Zayn seat carefully on the bed. His back pressed against his head board. Niall pulled away and leaned his forehead against Zayn.

“I’m going to miss you.” Zayn mumbled pulling the blonde closer to him. Niall sighed, his eyes were close and he can’t will himself to cry.

“Me too” Niall whispered and whimpered when Zayn attached their lips rather more fiercely, his hands roaming around the blonde’s body like there is no tomorrow.

“Zee” Niall whimpered and moaned at the same time when Zayn latched his mouth on Niall’s neck, his hands already caressing the blonde’s back under his shirt. Niall’s hand was on Zayn’s hair tugging on it.

“Niall god, I want you so much.” Zayn muttered as he laid the blonde on the bed and continue to kiss the blonde. Their tongues melding as Zayn ate Niall’s moans.

“T-then, make love to me Zee. Make love to me tonight.”

+++++

“Zayn, are you alright?” Liam whispered at Zayn as the older lad continues to look down. They were currently inside George Herman’s last trial; he was a murderer of two lovers who was proven that has nothing to do with his life.

“It’s Niall’s flight in 30 minutes.” Zayn whispered and checked his phone. He smiled sadly as he stared at the cute smiling face of Niall as his screen phone. The time said 11:36am. Liam sighed and closed his eyes. He took the papers from Zayn, and Zayn looked up at him.

“Go, this is your chance to confess. Go.” Liam insisted. Zayn mouthed a thank you and bolted out of the courtroom. It was a good the thing the airport is just a 15 minute drive and still fate meddles with him.

“Fuck.” Zayn muttered as he continues to pump his horns. He only has 10 minutes to get to Niall and he pulled out his key and ran. Just ran.

He didn’t know how long he was running; he was so stupid not to say everything he feels to Niall. It was one of the downside when you are a 26 year old guy who isn’t use to confessing. He ran until he reached the airport and crashes himself inside it. The guards didn’t question about it, because Zayn’s badge is still hanging on his neck. He ran inside and looked around frantically.

“God, Ni. Where the heck are you?”Zayn muttered looking around the badge hitting him whenever he moved his body. When he didn’t saw the familiar blonde head, he sighed and looked down defeated.

“Zee?” Zayn’s head perked up and a smile occupied his face as he saw Niall standing there with all his blonde glory looking at him as if he were insane.

“Niall” Zayn exclaimed and enveloped the blonde into a hug. Niall hugged back confused as to what is happening. They stay there and hugged each other.

“I love you.” Zayn suddenly whispered that frozen the blonde inside his arms. Zayn closed his eyes and pulled away from Niall. He continue to look down not until he felt two hands cupped his unshaven face and make it look at the one who owns it.

“I love you too.” Niall declared. Zayn smiled and let the tears fall from his eyes as he slammed their lips together. They continue to kiss in the middle of the airport and the others doesn’t give a fuck because it was America not London as long as Zayn knew. He could kiss Niall anywhere he wants.

“Zayn” Niall said as they pulled away.

“I thought your flight was… now” Zayn mumbled as he pulls the small lad closer to him. Niall’s hand caressed Zayn’s arms softly why they continue to be in each other’s embrace.

“It was moved, I’m just going to get in my plane now.” Niall mumbled. They stayed silent for a while, until Niall decided to pull away.

“I need to go.” Niall whispered but Zayn pulled him closer.

“Skype every day, and always call me okay?” Zayn mumbled against Niall’s lips. The blonde smiled and nodded giving Zayn a peck.

“I will, you should do it too.” Niall muttered. Zayn smiled and kissed Niall’s lips again.

“Now, get out of my jurisdiction.” Zayn mumbled and kissed the blonde’s nose making him giggle.

“But never in my heart.” Zayn whispered against Niall’s temple. Niall smiled and kissed Zayn one last time.

“Never”

Fin.

 =============================

So yeah, this is it! Guys, the request is now OPEN! 

I'll be waiting sweethearts!

love lots,

-Babyfacesweetheart xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81K 1.1K 27
Just a collection of One Direction one shots! Includes all shipping pairs! {COMPLETED FOR NOW BUT REQUESTS ARE STILL OPEN!!!!!}
5.4K 8 109
One Shots about the band One Direction. Originally done before Zayn left
190K 647 80
I DIDN'T WRITE THESE, I PUT THEM HERE SO I COULD READ THEM WITHOUT WIFI, I SUGGEST YOU READ THEM ON THE ACTUAL SITE BECAUSE LIKE ALL OF THE PARTS ARE...
3.4K 26 15
One Direction One shots... This is the first collection, I might make another at a later date but Im too busy right now. Enjoy :) xx