Why Him? (REVISING)

By MartinaLouis

An ideal mate for me would be someone who's capable of knowing the knowledge of love. They should value it be... More

Author's Note
Why Him? - Introduction
Why Him? - Chapter 1
Why Him? - Chapter 2
Why Him? - Chapter 3
Why Him? - Chapter 4
Why Him? - Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Part I): New Friends
Chapter 7 (Part II): New Friends
Chapter 8: The Vision
Chapter 9: Awake
Why Him? - Rewriting

Why Him? - Chapter 5

248K 4.6K 464
By MartinaLouis

Why Him? - Chapter 5 (Rewritten) 

"Thank the goddess! Guys the food is here!" Trent yells while running towards a seat.

I hear other people running towards the dining room. They make their way towards the small entrance and push each other to get in.

"Guys, please don't push each other." I softly say. Some of them stare at me weirdly, it's like they didn't expect me to talk. Of course they would think of it that way, I was new.

Everyone was settled in their own seats. The others who weren't with us now would eat later.

The last to come in were my parents and the luna and alpha. We all bow our heads to respect them, even if I am the beta's daughter the luna and alpha are much more powerful than my parents.

"It smells wonderful." Luna smiles at me and holds her two thumbs up.

"Oh, um...thank you luna." I comment back shyly.

Pa pats the back of my shoulder lightly. "You did great kiddo. I'm glad that you're not as lazy as your big brother."

I chuckle at his words. "Come on Pa, I'm pretty sure he works hard when it comes to pack work. He's like you when you."

Pa shakes his head in disagreement. "Out of all people in this world that you can compare him to, you chose me." He puts his arm on my shoulder, "Tsk, he is nothing like me. I don't flirt with women or girls while doing my work."

Nana told me the opposite thing. "I'm pretty sure that you were like him when you were young. Nana told me that you played a girls heart like a violin, not subtle though." Nana did not like Pa before, but he's changed now so everything between them is good.

Pa grunts in annoyance. "Why does Nana always talk about me?"

I laugh at his irritation. "Who stole her daughter?" I teased.

"I didn't steal her. Your mother is mine, she was meant to be mine." Pa growls quietly. I look at Ma and see that she's looking at us, concerned about our conversation.

"Pa...I know that Ma belongs to you, she's your mate but you have to understand Nana. It's hard for her to let her child go, to let her be with a boy so that she can be happier." I explain to him. He shouldn't be worried about Nana. Nana's known for fooling around.

At the corner of my eye I can see Ma approach us with her usual friendly smile. "What's going on over here?" She curiously asks.

"Oh it was nothing Ma!" I said too enthusiastically. "Pa's just telling me about how much he loves you."

She arches her eyebrow, "Oh really?"

I nod my head, "Yes really. Pa is so in love with you Ma."

"I don't believe you but I'm going to let this slide because it doesn't seem mysterious." Ma whispers. She goes over to Pa's side, wraps her arm around his, and walks to their seat with the alpha and luna.

"Why don't you join them?" Miss Lyn asks from behind me.

"I'm going to eat with you." I replied nonchalantly. "We'll have to do the dishes after, right?"

Miss Lyn laughs and shakes her hand in an odd gesture, "We cook but we don't clean, that wouldn't be fair. I'm starting to get old so these hands will get numb." She replies laughing.

"Well I'll just help them with the dishes then." Miss Lyn lifts her pointed finger at me. "But Miss Lyn, this is what I usually do, no biggie." I put her hand down and smile to reassure her.

"Ella, why are you so nice? You need to be tough sometimes! You can't let people walk at you like a rug!" She says in a confident manner.

I pout and scrunch my eyebrows, "I don't let people walk on me! And I'm a person not a rug!" I try to point out. "And...and...and if you're nice to people then they'll be nice to you too! It's called mutual respect!"

"You're so nice and innocent, it's kind of funny."

"Oh, so that's what people mean when they call me funny." Finally realizing what she said at first, "Hey! I'm not innocent! Being innocent isn't funny!" Oh my goodness gracious, I'm so bad at these conversations. Why am I defending myself like this?

"You just declined and then you changed your mind," A smirk creeps upon her lips.

I tried my hardest not to blush. Why is she torturing me? Doesn't she see that I'm not good at these situations?

"Ella! Daydreamer," I glance at the caller and realize that it was my stuffed brother. "Are you going to take your seat or are you just going to stand there?"

A few eyes turn to me...oh dear no, please, I cannot handle those stares.

Does my outfit look slutty? Is there something wrong with myself?

"What are you waiting for Ella?" Alpha Hemington gestures towards the empty chair next to my brother. Was that available chair really for me?

Staring at the ground, I walk towards the chair without making any eye contact. I slowly lift my head up to check if the people are still staring, gosh this makes me so nervous. I thank the heavens once I see that only a few of them are staring.

"This tastes great by the way. We should make you cook for the pack every day if you're going to be cooking these meals." Alpha Hemington says.

My face flushes. I curse my mind for not taking compliments so easily! "I'm glad that you like it alpha, but you should also acknowledge Miss Lyn's great cooking skills too. She's much more experienced than me."

"She's got that right! Finally, someone acknowledges me!" Miss Lyn yells.

"I always tell you how much of an amazing cook you are!" Derek pointedly looks at Miss Lyn. His smile is wide yet his mouth looks like it's going to burst with all its content.

Miss Lyn crosses her arms together and whips her hair to the side, "You use those words against me. That's not fair."

Dad jumps in the conversation, "Let's just agree that both Ella and Miss Lyn are good at cooking." He turns his head to look at the both of us, "We thank you both for feeding us today and in the future days."

"Thank you," Miss Lyn says, appreciated.

We continue to eat our dinner with small but meaningful conversations. Alpha Hemington was discussing about the pack's weekly agendas which consisted of mostly trainings and the small pack gathering that we will be having next Friday.

"That will do, oh and Trent," Alpha Hemington's gaze shifts to Trent who was currently indulged with his platter of food. "You do know that we will let you handle the pack for a whole weekend, am I right?" Trent nods his head, agreeing to what he's saying. "I expect you and Chase to be responsible."

"Of course alpha," Trent glances at me and smiles.

With that said, we continue to eat until it was time for clean up.

"What are you still doing here Ella? You're not in charge of the dishes tonight." Derek raises an eyebrow, "Let the men handle this."

"But-" I try to say but sadly, he beats me to it.

"No buts missy! Do take off that ridiculous apron, wash your hands, and hang out with the girls while we wash and clean the place." He points towards the kitchen door. I stare at him quite shocked by his bossy voice. "What are you looking at? Get out."

Holding both of my shoulders, he pushes me out of the kitchen.

I stumble a bit but manage to stay on my feet. I walk towards the living room pondering if I should associate with the girls. Wouldn't it be weird if I suddenly popped out and tagged along with them? They might not like me.

I take a quick turn and decide to find some other place I'm comfortable with.

"Where are you going?" A boy with brown hair with glasses asks.

"Particularly nowhere," I reply simply.

"You shouldn't wander around this late the perverts might get to you." He gives me a pointed look but it isn't anything serious.

I laugh at his comment, "Don't worry, I know how to protect myself."

He ignores my comment, "Come with me if you have nothing else to do."

"How do I know that you're not one of those wandering perverts?" I query with a raised brow.

He turns back at me and puts on a straight face, "Do I look like a pervert? I'm the quiet-type of guy who likes to stay in the shadows. I am also a geek who's socially awkward with girls."

I look at him from top to bottom, as cliché as it is he does look like that type of boy. "I'm a girl and you seem to be fine around me."

"I somehow feel comfortable around you. You don't seem to be like those girls who always talk about boys, makeup, hair, and other girly bullshit I don't need to know." He admits. "If you were, then you would be with them."

"You shouldn't judge people by their likes." I was slightly annoyed with his choice of words. Doesn't he know that he can hurt people because of his attitude?

"Let's not make it a big deal." He says, "Just follow me if you want to see something amazing."

This time we let the conversation drop. I followed him through the wide hallway. We stop at the end of the hall and I notice a glass door.

He opens the door, "Go" he commands.

I walk inside and gasp in shock. "This place is beautiful!" I say amazed. Roaming around the small place, we were surrounded by bundles of colorful flowers. There's a small picnic set at the middle.

"Have a seat," he gestures to the small picnic set.

I do as said and look above. I notice the stars shinning bright above us.

"Do you like it?" He questions me.

I look at him and furiously nod my head. "Not only do I like it, I love it. I love how everything feels so natural."

"I thought that you would." He shyly comments. "I mean, you look like one of those girls who would like the simplest things in this world."

I blush, "Wow, I don't even know your name but you're making me blush already. How can you say that I'm one of those girls?"

"You're genuinely nice to everyone." He simply states. "I hope you don't feel awkward after our conversation but honestly, I've been observing you earlier this, you're kept to yourself but you have this huge personality that people would love to know."

Quirking my brow, "Are you sure about your hypothesis?"

He adjusts his glasses, "Pretty much. I never doubt my thoughts."

I smile at him, "Well thank you for being open."

"You're welcome, and by the way I'm Tristan." He puts his hand in front of me. I gladly shake it and say my name too. "Nice to meet you," he states casually.

"Aren't formalities done at the beginning of the meet up?" I explain, chuckling lightly. "It's nice to meet you too Tristan."

"Would you mind if I asked how old you are?" Tristan politely asks.

I shake my head, "Of course not. Why would I be? But to answer your question, I'm sixteen."

Tristan's eyes apparently doubled in size. "What?" He looks at me from head to toe. "What?" He repeats. "You're sixteen and your height can be compared to a middle schooler."

"Are you a middle schooler?" I question the honest kid.

"Obviously," he points out. "I'm in the seventh grade and yet I'm taller than you."

I pout, "Hey that's mean!"

Crossing my arms, "Boys are usually taller than girls."

"You're right about that but we're werewolves, either way we're all tall...I mean, except for you though." How can he easily say these things to me? I'm not really offended but still, he's pointing out that I am different among the others. "Yes, you are kind of different but in a good way. Different is good in a community of common people Ella, God says that we're all not meant to be the same so don't try to compare yourself with the other."

"Sheesh, take it easy on me Tristan. I get it. I'm different and that's a good thing." I raise my thumbs up to reassure his statement although I'm hesitant on whether I should accept his compliment.

"Don't think deep," he states.

I nod. Okay. I continue to stare at the stars until someone suddenly comes in and calls my name repeatedly.

"What are you doing here?" Trent asks me. He places a hand on my shoulder and pats it lightly. "Oh, I didn't see you there Tristan." Tristan rolls his eyes at him and continues to look at the stars.

"What is it?" I look at Trent with a dazed smile. "This place is so beautiful Trent! Come and sit! Let's look at the stars!" I tell him excitingly.

Trent shakes his head, "I can't. Mom and Dad said that we're going home already."

I look at Tristan; he was already looking at me as I looked back. "I believe that it's time for me to go Tristan. I honestly enjoyed your company, surly there will be next time." I stood up from the picnic set and wave my hand towards him. "Goodnight" I finally say and exit the beautiful area.

"Are you a pedophile or something?" Trent asks, curious.

"For your information, I am definitely not a pedophile. I just wanted to make friends." I calmly state.

"Why would you make friends with him? He's a looser." I pout at his statement, no wonder why Tristan rolled his eyes at him. "He looks ridiculous with those glasses."

"You shouldn't say those words." Maybe the reason why Tristan judged people was because they didn't treat him right. "He's part of the pack Trent. Tristan's ohana, and ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind." My eyes stare at him, I wasn't happy that he was treating other pack members like this. No one should be treated in a negative way. "You will become the next beta of this pack Trent. You're supposed to be a leader, someone you can look up to and admire. The pack would appreciate it if you treated everyone nicely, no matter how rude they can be."

"Man, stop making me feel guilty Ella. I'm trying to be a cool, chill guy but since you came here you're making me feel like I should be a damn priest." He answers angrily. "Do I always make wrong decisions in my life?"

I pat his back gently, "I didn't say that big bro. I meant that you should be mature, there are times for games and such but you're growing to become a man. A man is serious yet has a beautiful heart inside."

"Then you say those magical words of yours. Ella, why are you always right?" Laughing at his reply, I was nowhere near always right. I was knowledgeable. I knew what words should be said. "You're little miss perfecto!" Still, nowhere near perfect.

"You don't understand. I care for your feelings, for his feelings, and for everyone's feelings! Sometimes you have to think that what if you were in those person's shoes? What would you feel?" As I hear myself say these words, I keep thinking, was I becoming mother-like? Was I too harsh on him? Was I being serious?

Ignoring my bubbly thoughts, I shouldn't mind it. I should be happy for being me, the person who knows what's right. But maybe I displayed too much of other people's negativity rather than I noticed mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 55K 27
"How do I know you won't reject me as well?" I reply, staring at the handsome Alpha who has somehow made it past my walls. He reaches a hand towards...
28.3K 471 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
1.7K 342 22
"Apres chaque conte de fรฉe, il y a une fin indรฉsitive, un destin a parcourir. Au delรก des flames, des Ocรฉans dรฉchaines, j'ai sombrรฉ dans le noir. A c...
20.7K 789 36
She's a heartless girl, he's a werewolf who is madly in love with her, but she rejects him. What if the moon goddess gives poor Tyler another chance...