Why Him? - Chapter 5

Why Him? - Chapter 5 (Rewritten) 

"Thank the goddess! Guys the food is here!" Trent yells while running towards a seat.

I hear other people running towards the dining room. They make their way towards the small entrance and push each other to get in.

"Guys, please don't push each other." I softly say. Some of them stare at me weirdly, it's like they didn't expect me to talk. Of course they would think of it that way, I was new.

Everyone was settled in their own seats. The others who weren't with us now would eat later.

The last to come in were my parents and the luna and alpha. We all bow our heads to respect them, even if I am the beta's daughter the luna and alpha are much more powerful than my parents.

"It smells wonderful." Luna smiles at me and holds her two thumbs up.

"Oh, um...thank you luna." I comment back shyly.

Pa pats the back of my shoulder lightly. "You did great kiddo. I'm glad that you're not as lazy as your big brother."

I chuckle at his words. "Come on Pa, I'm pretty sure he works hard when it comes to pack work. He's like you when you."

Pa shakes his head in disagreement. "Out of all people in this world that you can compare him to, you chose me." He puts his arm on my shoulder, "Tsk, he is nothing like me. I don't flirt with women or girls while doing my work."

Nana told me the opposite thing. "I'm pretty sure that you were like him when you were young. Nana told me that you played a girls heart like a violin, not subtle though." Nana did not like Pa before, but he's changed now so everything between them is good.

Pa grunts in annoyance. "Why does Nana always talk about me?"

I laugh at his irritation. "Who stole her daughter?" I teased.

"I didn't steal her. Your mother is mine, she was meant to be mine." Pa growls quietly. I look at Ma and see that she's looking at us, concerned about our conversation.

"Pa...I know that Ma belongs to you, she's your mate but you have to understand Nana. It's hard for her to let her child go, to let her be with a boy so that she can be happier." I explain to him. He shouldn't be worried about Nana. Nana's known for fooling around.

At the corner of my eye I can see Ma approach us with her usual friendly smile. "What's going on over here?" She curiously asks.

"Oh it was nothing Ma!" I said too enthusiastically. "Pa's just telling me about how much he loves you."

She arches her eyebrow, "Oh really?"

I nod my head, "Yes really. Pa is so in love with you Ma."

"I don't believe you but I'm going to let this slide because it doesn't seem mysterious." Ma whispers. She goes over to Pa's side, wraps her arm around his, and walks to their seat with the alpha and luna.

"Why don't you join them?" Miss Lyn asks from behind me.

"I'm going to eat with you." I replied nonchalantly. "We'll have to do the dishes after, right?"

Miss Lyn laughs and shakes her hand in an odd gesture, "We cook but we don't clean, that wouldn't be fair. I'm starting to get old so these hands will get numb." She replies laughing.

"Well I'll just help them with the dishes then." Miss Lyn lifts her pointed finger at me. "But Miss Lyn, this is what I usually do, no biggie." I put her hand down and smile to reassure her.