A Road Trip to Remember (Katn...

By HannahVorhees

So when Katniss is only 20 minutes into her drive and her car get struck by a dodge pick up truck, what does... More

A Road Trip To Remember (Katniss and Peeta Story)
Part One: The Accident
Part Two: On The Road
Part Three: Learning
Part Four: An Early Start
Part Five: Kings Island
Part Six: Singing
Part Seven: Kiss Cam
Part Eight: Leaving Cincinnati
Part Nine: Change of Plans.
Part Ten: A Party Gone Wrong
Part Eleven: Find Katniss
Part Twelve: Awkward
Part Thirteen: Hanging Out
Part Fourteen: Hospital
Part Fifteen: The Storm
Part Sixteen: In The Truck
Part Seventeen: Hospital Again
Part Eighteen: Talking With Gale
Part Nineteen: Explaining
Part Twenty: Taking Him Off
Part Twenty One: Staying With Him
Part Twenty Two: Peeta Goes Home
Part Twenty Three: Gale
Part Twenty Four: First Date
Part Twenty Six: Talking to Prim
Part Twenty Seven: Leavin
Part Twenty Eight: Step Father
Part Twenty Nine: Robbed
Part Thirty: Girls Night
Part Thirty One: Calling Her
Part Thirty Two: Taken
Part Thirty Three: Help
Part Thirty Four: Black Ops
Part Thirty Five: He's Mine
Part Thirty Six: Telling Gale
Part Thirty Seven: Christmas
Authors Note!!!

Part Twenty Five: Going Back To College

4.2K 151 50
By HannahVorhees

Today is the day I've been dreading. Having to fly back to school. Leaving Prim and all my friends again. Leaving my boyfriend. That's what we decided. I'm not rue how I feel about it though. We decided to skype or FaceTime every night. I hope we do to stay in touch. Prim got an iPad so we decided to FaceTime too. I put my last bag in Peeta's truck, the one I will drive back to him, and I close the door. I turn around to my friends and family all standing there. I go to the girls first. Hugging them, thanking them for everything and telling them how much I will miss them. Tears are shed but what do you expect? Girls are emotional. Father that I go hug the guys goodbye. Cato and Marvel actually start crying. Not like the girls with their loud noises, but silent tears. I hug them both and kiss their cheeks. Then I go to Finnick.

"Hey there GodOfTheSea." I tease him about his Instagram name.

"That's Poseidon to you mortal." He says and wraps his big arms around me.

"I swear, if you never read Percy Jackson you wouldn't be that obsessed with the Poseidon thing." I say.

"Yeah but I did read it and now I am." He let's go of me and reaches in his pocket, pulling out sugar cubes.

"Would you like one now?" He asks. I take one and pop it in my mouth.

"Taste like your pocket." I say.

"They were in a bag!"

"Whatever Finnick..." I sing the sentence. I hug him again.

"I'm going to miss you. Don't send any water fountains to explode on me okay?" He laughs.

"Promise." He let's go and I head to my family. Mom first.

"Look, in sorry about back at the hospital. But everything is good now right?" I ask and she starts crying. Her baby is going back to college. Second year and I'm only 17. This is crazy for her.

"Of course." She hugs me and I slowly allow myself to hug her back and feel her comfort. Then I pull away.

"Prim?" I say. She peaks around my mom and jumps into my arms, I pick her up. She nestles her face into the crook of my neck and she starts crying.

"Hey, be happy. I will be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas." I say.

"Yeah I know. And you already promised we would FaceTime. So it's better than last year." She says and I set her down.

"I'll miss you." She says.

"Oh like I won't miss you?" I say. Sisters. We can be such smart asses with each other. Then I look at my uncle. Uncle Haymitch, who is almost always drunk is actually sober now. Who is in some old, gross t shirt had a clean button down. Haymitch actually got cleaned up for me. I feel honored.

"We are very proud of you sweetheart." I hug him. "Take care." He whispers In My ear.

"I will." I release his hug an look at everyone waiting by Peeta's truck.

"Guess this is it." I say to them. I notice Gale isn't here. But then his car pulls in with someone in the passenger seat. Out comes my closest friend Madge.

"Madge." I say before running and meeting her halfway. We wrap our arms around each other.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well, you were leaving and I wanted to say bye."

"But last time we talked you were im going to be in Australia all summer!" (That's for you Alycia!;))

"I was but I made my parents come back early. Gale just picked me up from the airport." She releases my hug.

"I'm so glad you are here." I say.

"Looks like it wasn't for long. But I will see you at Thanksgiving time okay?" She asks and I nod. I leave her and go to Gale. I can't help but think things are awkward between us. He doesn't know about Peeta yet and I'm not sure if I can tell him. I'm not sure what I feel. I love Gale, but I love Peeta too. I just don't know how I love them yet. That's what I need to figure out. I hug him anyways.

" I will see you at Thanksgiving." He says striking my hair. I nod. Gale protects me like a brother but never shoes me pity. I release him. Then I grab my phone.

"I wanna get a picture with you." I say. He nods. He stands behind me while I hold up my iPhone. It's a great picture of us smiling and I open Instagram. After editing it, I write: about to go back to college. Can't believe the summer is over. I'm going to miss everyone! And then I tags all there names in that one picture.

"See you at Thanksgiving" I repeat and turn for Peeta's truck. Everyone rushes to me for final goodbyes. But when I close the door, I can't seem to hear them anymore. I can't seem to notice anything else other than Peeta's stuff. I turn the key, honk a few times, and go out of the drive way.

******back at the college*******

(I wasn't sure what I would write during her whole road trip back so I made it to when she is at the college again and just parked in front if her dorm room)

In park the car and sigh. That trip was a lot easier to make with Peeta. But it was shorter because I didn't stop in Cincinnati even those I wanted to. But it wouldn't have been fun without Peeta. I get out of his truck and look at the bakery. I see his blonde hair behind the counter but I don't see his face. There are customers so again I sigh, and I open the back door of the truck. I get my bags, which isn't that many, and I climb the steps to my dorm room. I place all the bags on my bed in only two trips. Impressive for me. But now I have to think. What am I going to tell Peeta? I don't think he expected me I actually like Gale because he only say one side of him. Peeta still loves me very much and I can't help feel horrible for putting him through this. He doesn't realize my feelings for Gale so he will be shocked and probably devastated. I really like them both and it's becoming hard for me to choose. Then, of course, there is a round of knocks on my door.

"Come in." I holler thinking it's Peeta. Instead, Foxface walks in. Okay, that's not actually her name but everyone calls her that. It suits her. She is my room mate and she is also the only other teenage student hear because she is very clever.

"Hey. How was your summer?" She asks putting her bags on her bed.

"Long and confusing. How was yours?"

"Oh, in sorry to hear that. It was good. My family went to Hawii." She smiles. "What happened?"

"I'll explain everything later. But right now-" I start but I'm cut off by more knocking.

"Come in!" I yell again and lay back on my bed, closing my eyes. I hear Foxface gasp a little but I pay no attention. Then, someone's lips are on mine and I finally open my eyes. The first thing I see is his blonde curls. He starts laughing, breaking the kiss. I felt something though. I'm not sure what, but something. I stare at his lips again. I feel a hunger for someone's comfort and closeness. But I'm not sure if it's Gales or Peeta's I need. I sit up and hold out his keys.

"I see your leg is better." All he had in is a boot now, no crutches.

"Yeah, got the cast off yesterday." He says taking the keys. He senses something is wrong. You can tell by the way his face goes from happy and excited to see me, to worry.

"What's wrong? What happened?" He asks and I look to Foxface.

"Can we have a minute?" I ask and she nods, shocked that Peeta is in our door room. But she leaves.

"Katniss, something bugging you. It's written all over your face." He says worried. He takes my hand.

"I just, had a really... Nice time. After you left. With all my friends and Gale." I can't look at his eyes.

"What happened with Gale?" He asked.

"Peeta, I almost wish I hadn't listened to you. I almost wish I hadn't given him a chance. But did and now I'm screwed. I grew feeling for him." The look on his face is worse than I had imagined. He looks like he wants to cry but he won't. It reminds me of a line in a Taylor Swift song. The song is "I'd Lie." It says: sees everything in black and white. Never let nobody see him cry. And that is true. Peeta wouldnt be allow someone to see his tears. Even me.

"Katniss listen. I'm not going to force you to like me or something." He says.

"I do like you Peeta. I love you. But I also love Gale."

"Well, who are you happier with?"

"I don't know. I've been trying to figure that out. And it may be harder to judge if I see you for awhile and not him." I sigh.

"Katniss, I would never force you I to anything. I want you to take your time and figure out. Don't think of what makes me happy or what makes Fale happy. Think of hat makes YOU happy. Okay? Promise me." He says.

"I promise." I say and he stands up.

"And if it doesn't work out, we can still be friends right?"

"Best friends." I say. I stand too. It's dim in my room, only the desk lamp is on. I can still see his blue eyes though.

"Can I have one thing before I go. Because I want to give you some personal space for awhile." He says. Wait, he doesn't want to see me? No, he just wants to have a fair chance. No or little contact with Gale or Peeta and I'm fine with that.

"Anything." I whisper. Though I think I already know. He leans down, taking my face in his hands, and he kisses me. This is only like our second real kiss. I put my arms around his neck and I play with his hair. He moves his hands from my face down the side of my body, resting his hands on my hips. I move one hand from his hand to his chest. I lean into the kiss more. My breath is taken away by the sweetness of such a short kiss, because Finally, Peeta pulls away to breath.

"Was that what you wanted?" I ask putting my forehead to his.

"And more." He admits. He walks to the door with me by his side.

"Call me whenever you decide." He says.

"It could take awhile." I sigh.

"Katniss, for you I would wait forever." He says. He kisses me one more time, a quick but sweet kiss, and then he leaves. And I'm left alone again. With my thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I tried to make this chapter interesting!!!:) hope it was! Just hang tough my Keeta fans!! I love everyone who reads and I want your Input!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628 1 16
This is the sequel to He Saved me. The story is based on their daughter Cassie, it twenty years later after her birth. She saves a guy name Thomas fr...
29.7K 424 20
What happens when she meets the schools bad ass? what happens when people are after her because she knows him? but most of all what happens when they...
927 5 13
Ria Jenners just moved across the road from the Gallaghers. Then something happens and her mom kicks her out, then she falls in love. What will happe...
53.7K 1.6K 64
There are 2 schools in panem Capitol high and district high Capitol high is full of popular trouble makers and sluts District high is full of n...