The Beauty And The Heist

By Lisa-Stone

Highest Rank #1 in Action 14/6/16 Chevron Raynes 'accidentally' hacks into her college mainframe and finds bl... More

Authors Note
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter-33
Chapter 34
Announcement
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Afterword
The Shadow Circle
Valentine's Day: Letter to Chevron
Valentine's Day: Letter to Kestrel
God Bones

Chapter 36

52.4K 2.8K 539
By Lisa-Stone

Adrian was an idiot, but he was a smart idiot. Hopefully he knew what he was doing, I thought as I walked towards the wrought iron gates of the Abandonato estate.

"Excuse me?" A guard called. "You can't enter without permission."

"Tell Dylan Di Angelo that Chevron Rane needs his help," I said.

"Are you crazy, I told you..."

"AND I FUCKING TOLD YOU I NEED TO SPEAK WITH DYLAN RIGHT NOW!"

"Bitch is crazy, let her in." The guard muttered.

The gates opened and I strolled into the estate like a supermodel. Not much impressed me after I'd seen Adrian's family estate.

Three men armed with guns waited at the entrance. I threw my shoulders back and strutted in.

"Chevie?" A familiar voice called. Dylan. I restrained the overwhelmingly strong urge I had to slap the shit out of that conniving, scheming, betraying bastard.

Inner peace. Calm down, Chevron.

I schooled my features into an expression of terror. Fortunately, I'd read enough teen drama books to know how to play this.

"Dylan," I sobbed.

"Chevie! What are you doing here?! Don't you know how scared I was?!" He asked, gently taking my hands in his.

Yeah? Then why did you let Adrian take me?!

Not that I mind, I added as an afterthought.

He was dressed in a pinstriped blue suit. The Dylan I knew wouldn't be caught dead in a suit. But that Dylan was a memory now.

"I should have stayed with you, Dylan," I whispered, biting my lip and withdrawing my hands from his touch.

"It's okay, Chevron, you're here now. It wasn't your fault."

Damn right, it wasn't.

I always hated two faced bitches. The one that acts like they're your friend and stab you in the back the next minute, being the nerd, I always had people who would smile at me and ask for help in assignments and bitch about me the minute I was gone. Like the naïve idiot that I was, I would do anything to get accepted.

Now I wonder if the bullying ever really stopped. Did Dylan and Tyler bitch about me the minute my back was turned?

Don't kill him, Chevron.

I smiled.

Dylan looked at me. "How'd you get hurt?" He whispered in horror.

Oh that. The evidence of my misadventures in Reykjavik had granted me a pattern of bruises. Not my fault, of course, the ice was slippery and my shoes were too big for my feet.

And there was also a minor detail that I was uncommonly clumsy.

"I got hurt while escaping," I whispered.

"You escaped?" He asked.

"No, I politely asked Adrian DeLuca if I could go out for a stroll. Even said please." I said, unable to reign in my sarcasm any longer.

A spark of anger flashed in his eyes. Uh oh.

"Dylan, what if he comes for me?" I asked fearfully.

Dylan seemed to calm down.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you." He said.

"But he's dangerous, you have no idea," I said.

"Why don't you give me more information on him? I'll be able to protect you better," he said.

I tried not to laugh. This guy against Adrian?!

"I fucked up Dylan," I said.

"It's okay, Chevron. We'll fix this and go back to LAIST okay?" He asked.

"Okay," I said.

I handed him the phone. "I stole it from Adrian, I think I can hack into it. Do you have a computer?"

"Of course, it's right here." He said, anticipation filling his eyes to the brim.

"In a while, I need a shower," I told him and he nodded patiently.

I was buying time till I get the text that would require me to act.

Here's the thing. You don't betray your best friend who happens to be the top of her class in computer sciences and then give her access to a computer with your entire security database and hope nothing goes wrong. Not to mention she's been hanging around the legendary Isaac Hale.

Because that was just plain stupid and typically Dylan.

"Is your dad here?" I asked.

Dylan looked stunned.

"Adrian tried to turn me against you," I shrugged. "So I know stuff."

Not to mention it worked like a charm.

I cleaned up quickly in the bedroom somewhere in the Abandonato estate and stayed in till Adrian's phone chimed.

A: It's time, Castellino left. U ok?

I quickly typed in a message.

C: let's get this over with, you owe me big time, boss.

A: Save the 'boss' part for when we get back ;)

My cheeks were flaming red.

C: Bastard.

A: Idiot.

I paused to gather my wits.

C: I have a job to do.

There was a longer pause before he texted back.

A: Call me if there's trouble, okay?

C: OK

I involuntarily smiled and cleared the chat history before walking out.

"Done?" Dylan asked from my side. I nearly jumped.

"Y-Yeah, let's get this shit over with," I smiled.

"That's my Chevron!" He smiled.

Your Chevron? Adrian, Antonio and Damien would have a nice time disemboweling this one.

"So, the computer," I said.

"Right!" Dylan snapped and hurried out of the room. I shoved my hands in my pockets and followed him out.

"By the way, I think the files are going to get deleted too soon, opening them might trigger it, I need a really fast computer..."

"Don't worry, got that covered." He said.

The genius led me straight to the security room of the estate.

Just like Adrian had said, his thirst to prove his worth to his father would be the end of him. Would be the end of the Abandonatos.

I honestly would have applauded him for his intelligence if I weren't on a crazy ass mission for a certain Mafia Boss.

"Will this be fine?" He asked once we were in the privacy of the impeccable white room.

"Yes," I said, eying the jumble of wires that looked like a labyrinth in itself.

A text chimed on the phone again. I looked at it from the corner of my eye.

A: Castellinos reached.

Great. Now was the time, but I needed Dylan out of the room.

"Dylan... there's something else, something that I wanted to tell you," I whispered. "I fucked up Dylan, but I was scared and terrified and..."

"Chevron, what did you do?!" He demanded.

"Adrian found out the password, I didn't know Castellino had the layouts, I told him the password, 1391. I think he stole the blueprints."

Dylan's eyes widened. Now I was in danger. He made a quick phone call. I couldn't make out half the words in italian, but what little I knew helped. He was calling his father.

Dylan turned towards me. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I don't know what I expected.

"Use the phone. Text DeLuca."

"He'll kill me!" I said.

"DO IT!"

I did as he asked. I had this irrational attachment with my head.

C: Dylan asking about Castellino.

Please, please, please don't give me away.

A: Castellino stole the blueprints. Bitch. I'll find you.

I sighed with relief, he must have understood that I was in trouble.

"Stay here!" He snapped and ran out of the room.

I locked the door of the security room, leaving me in alone with a few computers, direct access to Abandonatos security system and a smirk on my face.

Surprise! I had a huge break between my papers and I killed it! Thanks for all your good wishes. Muah ♥
Only one chapter left!

Do y'all want an epilogue?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 58.2K 33
"No one will ever love you." •••••• Imagine stepping into Aubrey Simpson's shoes. You're living a depressing, abusive life and then discover everyth...
1.9M 46.2K 47
Linette Cyan did not expect to give up her ordinary nineteen year-old life as wedding dowry in an arranged marriage. Engaged to a charismatic and com...
85.7K 1.9K 58
He craves emotions, feelings, but he doesn't show it. She used to crave emotions, feelings, but now she doesn't. If it means to love him and get the...
5M 152K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...