Orphan Girl

By Fastucaa

Oakley has no one. No family and most definitely no friends. She doesn't fit in anywhere and she gets that. T... More

Orphan Girl (1)
Orphan Girl (2)
Orphan Girl (3)
Orphan Girl (4)
Orphan Girl (5)
Orphan Girl (6)
Orphan Girl (7)
Orphan Girl (8)
Orphan Girl (9)
Orphan Girl (10)
Orphan Girl (11)
Orphan Girl (13)
Orphan Girl (14)
Orphan Girl (15)
Orphan Girl (16)
Orphan Girl (17)
Orphan Girl (18)
Orphan Girl (19)
Orphan Girl (20)
Orphan Girl (21)
Orphan Girl (22)
Orphan Girl (23)
Orphan Girl (24)
Orphan Girl (25)
Orphan Girl (26)
Orphan Girl (27)
Orphan Girl (28)
Orphan Girl (29)
Orphan Girl (30)
Orphan Girl (31)
Epilogue
authors note
VOTING FOR ORPHAN GIRL
NEW CHAPTER

Orphan Girl (12)

16.3K 384 38
By Fastucaa

New chapter, hey guys...

please vote for this chapter.

comment what you think, I need your advice, comment what you think about it and what i should change. it would mean the world to me.

thanks'

Claire xxx

*******

Oakley’s P.O.V

He wasn’t going to come.

There was no point in waiting up for him anyway.

I sighed walking up into my room. I didn’t understand why he still wanted to hang around me all the dam time. He says that he loves me. I still can’t wrap my head around it.

We texted a little tonight because he was at a family dinner. He was complaining about it, but honestly, I would love to go to a dinner like that. I think about that all the time.

A few months ago I even thought about looking for my mum and dad. It might be a little hard as I don’t even know there last names.

I had a single picture; I could go around asking everyone if they have seen them. That could take years though.

I stopped thinking about it and hopping into my cold lonely bed. Jason was already asleep snoring every now and then, I smiled. Laying my head on my pillow, I heard a soft knocking on the door.

Crap, Mary is going to wake up and it’s not going to be pretty.

Quickly, jumping out of bed silently running to the door, I carefully opened it.

“Scott?” I was taken back, I seriously wasn’t expecting him to come over tonight.

He looked me up and down and smirked.

That’s when I remembered I was in my blue duck pajamas.

Did I mention mini shorts?

I blushed, crossing my arms over my chest trying to cover myself.

“What are you doing here this late?” I asked.

“I wanted to see you." He whispered.

“How was your family dinner?” I asked.

He paused, thinking of what to say next. “Interesting.” He smiled.

“Want to come in?” I asked.

Yeah it was late, but it was also a little chilly outside.

“Sure.” He nodded. I stepped back and let him through, he walked into my living room and sat on the couch, me following him.

“So what were you doing before I came?” He asked me. I sat on the couch across from him and wrapped the blanket around me, suddenly getting a little cold.

“I was just about to go to bed.” I smiled.

“Oh, sorry.”

“Nah, I wasn’t really tired.” I lied. 

I was honestly pooped, I had been working way way to much the past week and needed a break. They were lucky to have me. I looked back at Scott and saw that he was also tired looking. There were small black circles under his eyes. 

“Oh well that’s okay then.” He smiled.

“Does your family know you’re here?”

He nodded.

“Yeah apparently I looked really bored, so he told me to go find you.”

I waited a few minutes before asking, I wasn’t sure how he would react, but it was worth a try.

“Scott can I meet your parents?”

He frowned up at me.

“You want to meet them?” He was shocked.

“Well you take about them a lot, they seem nice.”

“They are very judging.” He sighed.

“I think I can handle it.”

His smiled widened, “That’s what I like about you, you don’t take crap from anyone.” I laughed at this. If only he knew how much I dwelled on things.

“Next week or something, I’ll get you to come by after school. You can have dinner with us.” He smiled. I liked this idea.

“Awesome.”

That reminded me, I looked at the clock at it read 12:30.

“I hate to be mean or anything, we have school tomorrow and it’s getting late.” I smiled nervously.

He looked up at the clock and shot up.

“Crap yeah, sorry I came so late, I didn’t realize the time.” He smiled apologetically.

“It's okay don’t worry about it. So I’ll see you tomorrow then?” I asked hopeful.

“Yeah, sure, I think we have Italian first, so I’ll see you in class.” He smiled.

I started walking with him to the door, but he turned around.

“Go to bed, you look really tired. I’ll let myself out.” He stepped closer to me, a little too close for my comfort zone. He leaned over and kissed my forehead.

“Have a good sleep gorgeous.” He smiled and left.

I smiled the whole way up into my room. Wasn’t he just the sweetest boy ever.

Three months ago I would have kicked myself if I said that about Scott.

I guess the saying stands. Never judge a book by its cover.

I woke up to Jason whispering on the phone. It wasn’t too loud but it was enough to wake me and put me in a mood.

“Jason can’t you talk outside, people are trying to sleep.” I stated.

“It’s time to get up anyway. You’d be late for school without me.” He smiled brightly.

“Yeah, yeah whatever!” I laughed.

I got downstairs and saw Mary feeding one of the younger ones. This was a first. She was always at work and wanted me to do all that.

“Mary I thought you were at work?” I asked sitting down at the table eating my piece of toast.

“I have today off.” She muttered.

“Oh, how come?”

She paused, “I got fired alright Oakley, Is that what you wanted to hear. I lost my job.” She yelled.
I gasped, without Mary working a job, the money issue was just going to get a whole lot harder.

“Are you going to look for another one today?” I asked.

“Why should I?” She asked.

“Without that money we will be broke!”

“I’m never home Oakley, all this money that I get, I don’t use.”

“That’s what you signed up for when you took us in. you have to take care of us, not just make me pay for it all. I can’t do that. I go to school work nearly every night. I don’t have any time to work another job.” I said.

“Stop going to school, you’re useless anyway, you’re not going anywhere in life, school is just you wasting money.”

“Mary I have to go to school!” I shot up.

“No you don’t. You can work one job during the day, and the second one at night. It could work.”

“What while you sit on your ass and do nothing?”

Mary stood up and walked in front of me. She was breathing heavily, angry.

“I will cook, clean, and make sure you are all okay.”

“Why now, you have never done that before. I feel like I have missed out on living like a teenager. You took that away from me. Always getting me to do things.  I’m sick and tired of it. I hate living here.” I yelled.

“Well them get out. I'm not stopping you Oakley, there's the door; you know how to open it.”

“Where do you expect me to go huh?” I asked.

“Live with the bloody babysitter, I saw you guys kissing a few days ago. I’m sure he’ll take you in. I thought I was doing you a favor bringing him here. It would be less work for you.”

“You shouldn’t have to have a babysitter; you should be doing that yourself.” I pointed to her.

She stared at me, wide eyes. A massive wake up call for her.

“Get to school. If you’re lucky you can stay there. I need to work things out. Get out of my house.” She pointed to the door. Without arguing I left the house.

I needed to be in a better frame of mine, or else I would say something I would regret.

Turing up at school probably wasn’t the best place to get myself in a better state of mind.

Slamming my car door shut, I walked up into school and today was worse.

Everyone and I mean everyone, (even the wired nerds at our school that are normally too scared to look up,) was starting at me like I was the new girl all over again.

I really didn’t want to know what rumor was floating around about me. That’s obviously why they were all looking at me. I honestly couldn’t care less about them. They didn’t mean anything to me.

I could hear whispers and small giggles as I walked past a group of girls. Again, could they make it any more obvious?  

“Hey Oakley?” Someone called from behind me.

I turned around and saw a girl with way to much makeup smiling widely at me.

“Um hi?” I said awkwardly.

She leaned in closer to me so no one else could hear.

“So you and Scott huh? Personally I have tried many times, I don’t understand wants so good about you.” She scrunched her nose up at me.

“We aren’t together.” I muttered.

She stared at me. “Oh, well everyone is saying that he told you he loves you?”

“Yeah and?”

She gasped, “So it is true?”

“What’s true?”

“You guys going out?”

“No, we aren’t going out.” I repeated.

“But he likes you.”

“So?”

“Scott Williams likes you, as if you aren’t going out?”

I looked around and literally saw every girl in the school looking at me.
I huffed.

I officially hate school.

“Okay let’s make every clear. Scott Williams and I are not dating. No. Us, me and him. We are friends, good friends that like to hang out. Nothing more. So all of you can stop looking at me and leaving me the hell alone.”

I turned around and there, standing right behind me, Scott Williams himself, smirking down at me.

“Well well, at least we’re friends I guess.”

I blushed, oh so he heard all that.

“Hey Scott.”

“You told everyone how I feel about you and now we’re just friend?” He was smiling about this.

Why was he smiling?

“Scott I didn’t say anything to anyone, its okay.” I didn’t understand.

“You like me.” This wasn’t a question.

I walked away, I didn’t have time for this anymore.

“It’s alright Oakley, I understand.” He laughed.

I was having a crap day and he was making it ten times worse.

Without thinking I ran into the bathroom tears welling up in my eyes.

Why was I even crying over something this stupid.

Sitting on the toilet seat, I cried.

I cried about everything.

I cried about being parent less, no one to love me.

I cried about Scott, how twisted his mood swings was.

Finally, I cried for myself. What I had become, what I was doing with my life. The thing was I had no idea.

What felt like hours, I sat up and realized how stupid I felt, crying in the school bathrooms, I looked in the mirror and wiped my eyes. They were bloodshot red from the tears. I was a mess.

Someone walked in, but I didn’t care. I was at my worst.

There was nothing I could do about it.

“Hey Oakley right?” A girl asked. I turned around and looked, face to face at a girl I had never seen before.

“Hi.” I muttered. 

“What’s wrong?” she questioned.

“Haven’t you heard?” I chuckled. I don’t know why I was laughing about this. I was beyond crying.

“I don’t like believing rumors. I heard them yeah but I don’t believe them.” I smiled at that.

“So why don’t you?” I asked.

“Unless they are from the person, I don’t believe. Simple.” She shrugged.

I liked this girl, but I didn’t even know her name.

“I don’t want to sound rude, but who are you?”

She smiled. “Rachel, Rachel Byrnes. You’re Oakley Green. Hi, I think we should be friends.” I laughed. 

“Why have I never seen you around before?” I asked.

“I started last week. We are in two classes together.” She smiled widely.

“Oh.” I stated at her.

“We will the best of friends Oakley. I like you.”

I laughed, who the hell was this amazing girl?

*******

Comment what you think, i donut know what to write about next, maybe just tell me what you have liked about the story so far... :)))

next chapter up soon, if i get a lot of vote!! hahah

claire xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4M 259K 32
Allison was never one to talk. She is quiet, shy, has no friends, and keeps to herself. She was never like this when she was younger. But when her mo...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
29.2K 1.6K 34
COMPLETED 50,896 words ✍ ⚠ ⚠WARNING SEXUAL CONTENT IS IN THIS STORY⚠⚠ Maria was just an average girl, working at a crap job, paying o...