Love Is Blind

By myfallingstars

"Remember I said I didn't love you? I lied." "Me too." More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Epilogue
Hello!

Chapter Ten

5.9K 127 81
By myfallingstars

Alex's POV

After an entire week of celebrating our gold medal from London we headed back home with our heads high. I sat next to Tobin on the plane and she stared out the window, her gold medal around her neck.

"Are you ready to go back home?" She asks as she turns to face me.

"Definitely." I say with a smile.

"You deserve the gold medal. You played so well throughout the tournament and I couldn't be prouder. You proved to everyone that you can play at this level and be successful. You just have to believe in yourself, just like I believe in you." Tobin says with a smile.

"Tobin, you know you mean a lot to me, right?"

"Well, I do now."

"I want us to be friends, no matter what. You've been there for me when I had no one else and I still need you to show me the ropes."

"We'll be friends, Alex. You can't lose me that easily." She says with a small laugh before turning to face the window.

When we landed back in New York, we were given time off until, our new head coach, Jill calls us back up for the National Team. Until then, for the first time, we were heading to our NWSL teams. Luckily, I was with Tobin on the Portland Thorns.

Tobin and I took another plane to Portland and said bye to our teammates who we were going to see during the season. When we got to Portland, we rented a condo and called it home.

"You want this room?" I ask Tobin as we look around our condo.

"Sure." Tobin says with a smile.

Once we got settled in, we sat on the couch and we just took a deep breath. It was a comfortable silence, until my phone started ringing.

"My god, I can't take a break."

Tobin lets out a laugh as she heads towards her room. "I'll leave you alone." She says and disappears into her room.

I look at my phone and see that it was Servando. I let out a sigh and answer it, bringing the phone to my ear.

"Hey babe." He says.

"Hi, what's up?" I ask.

"I'm in Portland right now. How about we go for dinner tomorrow at six. Y'know, celebrate your gold medal." He suggests.

I think about it before finally answering. "Yeah, that sounds great." I say before finally hanging up.I let out a sigh before going into Tobin's room and collapse onto her bed.

"You have your own room and your own bed." Tobin says with a small laugh.

"Your room was the closest, plus I'm tired. We literally just came from London." I say with a yawn.

Tobin lets out another laugh. "Who was on the phone with you?"

"Servando... I have a date tomorrow."

"Oh. Well I'm tired I'm going to bed." Tobin says as she crawls under the covers.

I let out yet another sigh before standing and start heading towards the door. "I know you're tired, you can sleep here if you want." I hear Tobin say.

I turn around and hesitate before walking towards her bed and I slid in next to her.

"Love you." Tobin whispers before it finally went silent.

"I love you too." I whisper back.

It was true, very true. I love Tobin and I have since I first met her. Her kindness and generosity drew me to her. I knew I had to tell her everything soon, but I didn't know how and I didn't know when. I don't want to hurt her again.

*

Late the next day, I got ready for my date with Servando. Dates with Serv were pointless sometimes, especially dinner dates, I honestly didn't feel like going.

I put on a simple white dress and I curled my hair before finally, adding a touch of makeup. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Tobin watching TV.

"Hey, how do I look?" I say out loud.

I watch as she turns around and she stared at me for a while before standing up. She walks towards me and smiles. "You look great."

"Thanks, Tobin." I say before wrapping her into a hug. I didn't want to let go, I absolutely loved her hugs.

"Well, you better get going. Don't want to be late." Tobin says with a smile. I let out a laugh before I left the condo. Servando was just outside waiting by his car. He wore dress pants and a dress shirt. He definitely looked good.

We hopped into his car and he drives us to a fancy restaurant. When he parked his car I was a little upset that he didn't even come around to open the door for me. He never does.

With a sigh, I open the car door myself and follow him into the restaurant where we got seated right away.

The dinner was fine, it was mostly him talking about his soccer career in Orlando. He asked me out for dinner to celebrate my gold medal and he didn't even ask about it. Not even once.

It was hard trying to ignore him. Every now and then he would snap his fingers in front of my face to get my attention, either way I wouldn't listen. I had no reason to care at all.

Finally, once we were finished he drove me back to my condo and I was disappointed to say the least.

I walked in and saw Tobin sitting on the couch with her laptop on her lap. She looked so alone. All this time I could have spent with her, I ended up wasting my time on a shitty date with Serv. But I wasn't surprised, that's how all dates were with him.

I sat next to Tobin on the couch and let out a sigh.

"Hey, how's your date?" Tobin asks as she closes her laptop.

"Terrible."

Tobin sits up straighter. I had her full attention and I appreciated that. "What happened?" She asks.

"He was being an ass like he is on every date. I barely even got the chance to talk during dinner and when the waiter gave us our check. I could see him waiting to pull my wallet out but I didn't. He ended up paying for the dinner like he's supposed to." I say as I run my hand through my hair.

"You deserve better than that." Tobin says as she moves a little closer to me.

"I keep telling myself that. I deserve someone much better than him. But I promised I would marry him."

"Well what's the point? There's no point in marrying a guy you don't even love." Tobin says as she furrows her eyebrows.

"I know..."

"Try something new.... Have you ever thought about dating women?" Tobin asks me.

I had no idea where this conversation was going but I just went with it.  "I mean I've thought about it a couple times."

Then it stayed silent between the two of us. Tobin looked away from me and she took a deep breath before finally looking me in the eyes.

"Can I kiss you?"

***

All aboard the Talex ship! We are about to set sail! Y'know... Unless something happens

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 327 13
Tobin thinks the only way for her to stop loving Alex is to cut off all communication with her. But in Alex's past she has a habit of falling off the...
77.9K 1.5K 20
Tobin is in love with Alex. But Alex is in love with some pretty boy. Will Tobin ever win Alex's heart? Or will Alex hurt Tobin's? This story has b...
88.5K 1K 19
Step on me would you Ma'am? One shots of all Ships from the uswnt. Preferences of players included too. Talex O'solo Bling Harli Krashlyn Prest...
24.9K 503 17
Sequel to adopted by the USWNT with a twist. If you haven't read that I suggest you read that first.