"I'm Fine" (Adopted by 5SOS)

By Xxmusic247xX

The girl who seemed unbreakable, broke. The girl who always laughed, cried. The girl that never stopped tryin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHTON
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LUKE
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
PLEASE READ
Fandom Project
Editing *complete*

Chapter 16

3.7K 134 86
By Xxmusic247xX

\|/ Ambers POV \|/

"Here's what's gonna happen: I'll help you lean the mattress against the fence, then I'll climb over. I'll take it to the dumpster and come right back, while you stay here." I sternly ordered.

She gulped and nodded. Why did she seem nervous?

We flipped the mattress so it was on its side and we leaned it against the fence.

"Stay right here." I said.

She nodded and bit her lip.

I quickly averted my gaze and climbed over the fence like I have many times before.

I dragged the mattress over and tossed it into the dumpster. I jumped back over and found Mattie fiddling with her fingers. That really hurt my injuries. My body feels like it's on fire.

I nervously chewed on my sweater paw as we walked back to the house in silence.

"How do you know how to climb the fence like that?" She asked.

"You really want to know?" I looked at her.

She nodded and I went back to being shy.

"My mum used to make me steal stuff from that gas station." I explained.

"C-Can you show me?" She asked.

I looked into her bright green eyes and almost lost it.

"Of course." We walked back to it and I thought about how to teach her.

"Okay so you go like this. You put your foot here, hands here, and you take a step. Then, you swing this leg over, turn yourself, and bring this leg over.. Then, just jump." I explained what I did as I did it. "Now you try."

She followed my steps and made it over fairly easily.

"There you go." I smile sat her widely.

"How did you steal stuff?" She asked.

"I snuck through that window." I pointed to it.

"What kind of stuff do they have in there?" She narrowed her eyes.

"A little bit of everything. Why, what are you thinking?" I asked her.

"Friendship bracelets?" She smiled.

"Yeah, they have them. What me to get some?" I asked her.

She nodded.

"What color?" I smiled.

"Black. It's my favorite, just like yours." She giggled.

GIGGLED!! I think I'm literally melting.

"Yeah sure. Stay put. It will only take a second." I told her.

She nodded and I did the routine, before finding the area with jewelry.

I picked out the first black friendship one I saw, eagerly wanting to get back to Mattie.

I climbed back out and pulled the bracelets out of my pocket.

It was a black braided string and they each had half a heart on them.

"Which one do you want?" I asked her.

She chose the one with the word "friends", so I had the one that said "best".

"Thank you." I smiled at her.

"For what?" She asked.

"You've been so nice to me this whole time. You haven't judged me or looked at me like I'm a freak." I looked up at her, noticing that she was actually about and inch taller than me.

"Well, I don't have a reason to. You're an amazing person. You're beautiful, funny, kind, friendly, you're the whole package." She told me.

I felt myself blush harder than ever as I chewed on my sweater paw again. I don't want to just be friends.

We walked back to the house in silence as I tried not to squeal over her compliments.

"Do you want to get some food? We got tons of it earlier." I said.

"Yeah, sure. Did you get pizza?" She asked.

"I wouldn't leave the store if we didn't get pizza." I chuckled.

"Same. Pizza is my life." She stated.

"Same!" I exclaimed. We're so much alike. My cheeks hurt from smiling.

"What bands do you like?" She asked as we walked through into the flat.

"Almost any rock bands. You?" I asked.

"Rock. I like PTV, SWS, 5SOS, TØP, MCR, FIR, and some more hardcore stuff like Beartooth, The Amity Affliction, Korn, Slipknot, Disturbed..." She trailed off.

"Literally same!!" I exclaimed. "I'm glad we like the same stuff, because my music taste is like the only cool thing I can say about myself."

We both laughed at my statement as we walked into the cinema room where all the food is.

"You guys have fun?" Calum smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes and continued to the pizza, hoping they wouldn't see my blush.

"Awww, she's blushing!" Louis exclaimed.

"You suck." I said.

"You swallow." He challenged.

"Spitters are quitters." I told him.

"Dude!!" Calum said over everyone's laughs. "When did you get so dirty minded?!" He looked a little more surprised then everyone else. "Where is your innocence?!"

"You haven't known me long enough." I stated.

I heard Mattie laugh behind me as I approached the table with all the food.

She suddenly stepped in front of me. "What kind do you want?" She asked as she grabbed 2 plates.

"M-Meat lovers, please." I chuckled a little bit because I'm a dirty minded person.

Mattie caught on and hit me with an empty paper plate. "You really are dirty minded! Shut up!!"

"What are you guys talking about?" Devon asked.

"Nothing.." I replied innocently.

Mattie handed me a plate and I gladly took it. "Thank you."

"Let's eat outside." She suggested.

I nodded and followed her. She brought us out to the back porch and we both sat on the ground.

"Do you like pepperoni?" I asked as she took a bite of her pizza.

"Yeah, why?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"You can have mine." I started picking off the pieces and putting them on her plate.

"So you like meat lovers pizza, but you don't like pepperoni?" She asked.

"Basically." I nodded. I'm a picky eater, I guess.

She shook her head and laughed while I quietly giggled.

We talked while we ate and when we were done, we went back to my room.

We made a ton of conversation while we cleaned, and i found myself falling for her more and more by the second.

We had a lot in common and we even talked about a little deep stuff. I didn't tell her about the self harm, but I told her about the stars. She told me how when something happens, she likes to hear the voice of someone she knows cares about her. When she told me that, I put my number in her phone and she put hers in mine. I told her she can call me anytime. I'd never want her to be upset.

We ended up having my whole room cleaned before the night was over, so we went downstairs.

The adults where in different bedrooms and in the lounge, while the kids were on their phones in the cinema.

Mattie and I went to our chairs and she scooted hers closer to mine, so they were touching. I blushed and grabbed the blanket that was sitting in my chair, before sitting down.

"We should all exchange numbers." Gabriella suggested.

We all nodded and pulled up our contacts before handing them around the circle we were sitting in.

I looked at Mattie's phone that already had my contact in it saved as "Amber🙊💝".

All of our phones went around the circle and I saved mine in everyone else's as "Amber🙊".

She saved hers in mine as "Mattie😏💘". Is that supposed to be a hint or...?

I realized they all probably already have each others numbers, so I figured they were changing the emojis or something.

We all exchanged snapchats, twitters, and instagrams before going to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.9K 60
"I was nothing but a publicity stunt? Something to keep your band from hitting rock bottom? W-What?" "We're sorry-" "You're not. You don't care. If y...
151K 4.5K 27
'I may seem like I'm flying But really I'm dying I may seem alive But I just want to cry As I looked to the sky And saw a lone dove I looked down t...
9.1M 375K 108
She thought the world was against her and being loved just wasn't for her, until she met four boys determined to change that. (the writing in this is...
33.5K 933 24
Full moon over-head. Can't hold back anymore. I feel my bones breaking one by one. Jaw growing into a muzzle like feature. Fur growing at a rapid p...