Summers without Her

By AwKwardhoMeschooler

I was too scared to tell her what I truly felt, and by the time I was ready to, it was too late. And now, she... More

Summers without Her
-13
-12
-11
-10
-9
-8
-7
-6
-4
-3
-2
-1
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8

-5

89 12 3
By AwKwardhoMeschooler

-5

2013

It feels strange now as I hold Riley in my arms. We'd been distant for so long, and her running to my arms feels foreign.

I can't help but like it.

"H-he lied about it when I saw it happen right in f-fr-front of me!" Riley bursts into another round of tears.

I pat her head in an awkward manner. "He didn't deserve you," I say. It's true. Nobody deserves Riley, not even myself. This past year while we spent less and less time together due to Riley adjusting to high school, I realized how much Riley actually means to me. She's not just a best friend to me anymore.

By now, her tears have subsided enough that she can form a coherent sentence. "I think I loved him," she whispers.

I feel a stab to my heart and in that moment I mull over why Riley means so much to me. It's because I like her. And as someone who likes their best friend, I need to help her forget about her first heartbreak.

"Netflix and pizza?" I ask to try to cheer her up from her broken mood.

A sort of smile shines through her tears and she nods.

<3 ash | 7.18.16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
143K 5.8K 70
โžฝJust short love stories...โค โ‡โค๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ–ค. โ‡โ™ฅ๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ’™. โ‡๐Ÿฉท. โ‡๐Ÿค. โžฝ๐Ÿ’›Going on. โžฝ๐ŸฉตComing up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...