Ours To Love (Sample)

By nerdyflirtykari

Are promises meant to be broken? They promised to always be there for her no matter what. It was a promise ma... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Full Version on Galatea

Chapter 2

11.2K 499 52
By nerdyflirtykari

A glimpse of how Jasmine's Dorm room was initially.

After an extensive tour of the campus, they were all shown where she would be calling home for the next four years. "Here you go Miss Kaiser. Dorm A. Room303. You turned down the idea of having your own suite but this is as best as a suite also. This part of the girl's dormitory was specifically made for high-class students. So your roommate would be exceptional. She's at a class now and won't be back till later in the evening." the headmistress said.

"That's... Well that's thoughtful and thanks" Jasmine commented eyeing the displeased look on her parents' face.

Mrs. Chancellor nodded her head curtly and took her leave.  "Let's see my new room," she said with a fake laugh opening the door.

"Yeah. Force that enthusiasm." Joseph said fist-pumping the air. Jonathon snickered as their sister gave him a warning glare. Playing the annoying little brother role, Joseph always finds the perfect moment to quote Finn and Jake from Adventure Time.

"Joey stop teasing your sister," Renae said in a bored tone as she followed Jasmine in. They took in the cream walls and wide windows letting in the sunlight, a walk-in closet, and a personal bathroom. On either side were queen beds with personal work areas designated for each girl, they all watched as the men set up her space to her liking. Gone were the bare walls on her side, it now boasted anime posters and fan drawing of her from Japan. Pictures of her family were placed on a shelf above her work area, her clothes were packed out, the bedclothes were changed from pink to a range of color of blue, purple, and orange. They wanted her to be comfortable and placed everything that would make her feel at home. The flat screen tv was upgraded to a bigger one which was connected to her devices. Even though she was now in college, her job as a producer didn't end.

"Okay sweetheart this is it," he father said pulling her into a hug. "I would come visit whenever we are on break," she said softly looking up at him. He smiled warmly at his little girl, he still saw her as the little girl who bravely walked into pre-school forgetting him in a minute when she saw the toys. "Please be careful. If you have to leave the campus make sure the guys are with you. Your car has been shipped across and is in the car park. Have fun" he said kissing her head.

Renae was next, her hands immediately found her daughter's hair. "Okay so I wrote down a list of shops I frequent here in London and some that I know you would love. Your assistant would be arriving in London soon he will be housed at the condo in the city. He's excited to be here and happy that you asked him to come along. Oh, Joseph would be back here in a month for his game release." she explained.

"Yup," the person in question interjected. Jasmine rolled her eyes as she spotted both brothers searching through her Netflix.

"You got your cards, keys to the house in Kensington Square?"

"Yes mom. Don't worry. Three years in Japan and I turned out great." Jasmine watched as her mother's eyes filled with unshed tears. Renae brought her into a crushing hug softly singing their song. "Love you baby girl."

"Love you too mom" She stepped away from her parents and went over to her brothers squeezing between them as they watched Blue Exorcist for the millionth time. With their eyes glued to the tv they turned and held their sister for the last time. "Love you guys so much," she whispered kissing their heads. Joseph looked up at his big sister, she was his role model, with her taking things into her own hands and becoming a star in the animation industry he was motivated to do the game. "Love you too Jazzy" they said softly.

Her family stayed for a few more minutes before having to take the next flight out back to the states. It was just her and her guards, "Cameras are set up outside of your room which we will be monitoring. Our rooms are in Dorm B of the boys building room 425. " Terrance explained.

She nodded and watched them leave. With no one else in the room she felt somewhat alone but she soon found herself going through her business class textbooks and curriculum for her Art classes. Her classes were a mixture of morning and evening leaving her Fridays free. She quickly sent her schedule to her assistant Yuki then decided to take a nap, mentally preparing herself for the start of her classes the next day.

The loud shuffling by the door of her room alerted her that she was no longer alone. She jumped up from her bed taking a look around noticing the sun was setting. She slept throughout the day and it was much need as she felt refreshed. "Oh. My. God." The voice of her new roommate brought her back to reality. Standing by the door with bags in her hand and her mouth open wide in shock, Jasmine waved shyly to the tall redhead with grey eyes. Her hair was in a cute pixie cut and just like her the girl expressed her self in her clothing and jewelry.

"Hi I'm...."

"Jasmine Kaiser. Heiress to the multi-billion dollar company. Creator of Hanako and part-time Japanese model." her roommate finished.

"That's me." Before she can form another sentence, the girl's arms were around her swaying her from side to side. "The gods have answered my prayers. Wait till my brother hears about this. He's gonna flip. I asked for a cool roommate and here you are. The first was just.... don't get me started on her. She was classic Regina from Mean Girls with her fake blonde hair. Oh your eyes are so pretty. Is it true every Kaiser share the same shade of blue eyes? Is it true you left home when you were sixteen and living in the most awesome place ever? Freaking Japan." The girl rambled on and on in excitement.  All Jasmine knew that she took a selfie, her name was Chris short for Christina her older brother Kenneth goes to the same school and was a super fan of hers. Their parents owned a string of hotels in the Caribbean and America. She was majoring in Programming and her minors in Business Management wanting to keep the parents of her back. It was a lot to take in but Jasmine like the girl already.

"Hey did you eat?" she asked.

"Uhhh no. I just got up actually."

"Well let's go down for dinner. Why did you start so late? It's like two weeks into the first semester." Chris asked with a furrowed brow.

"I had to finish up the last two episodes of the  season and do some appearance for comic-con."

"That's cool. How are you going to handle all of this?" she asked intrigued by it all. Chris led her down to the ground floor where the dining hall was. "With the help of the greatest assistant ever," Jasmine said smiling. "Way to go working woman." Chris teased bumping hips with her.

As they stepped in the hall, the dinner chatter that they heard outside the doors immediately stopped as they both stepped in. Her name floated around the room as both Chris and herself went to the buffet to gather food. Waiting for their drinks, the clicking of high heels cut through the whispers. "That's the Regina" Chris whispered harshly.

"Welcome to Mueller Academy Miss Kaiser. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Catherine Mueller. President of the welcoming committee. I hope you make the right choices here in academics and social." the Regina wanna be with her sickly sweet voice threw a look at disdain at Chris and gave Jasmine the fakest smile she has ever seen.

"Thank you for the welcome and I would do my best to make the RIGHT choices. Excuse me now. I'm really hungry and can't wait to taste what Mueller has to offer."

"Why don't you join me at my table. It's the best seat in the hall, suited for royalty as you can say." Catherine motioned to the table with four other girls in identical blonde hair sitting back straight looking over at them with bored expressions.  It was the main focus at the center giving them a full view of the hall.

"No thank you. See you around Cathy." Jasmine said signaling Chris to find them a seat.

"It's Catherine." the girl huffed as the other two girls walked passed her towards a table in the corner. The hall of girls watched on as they made their way to the table and began to eat unaware of the spiteful glare coming from the girl whose family owned the school. Chris and Jaz talked like old friends, sharing stories of places they have been to and where they want to go next. During their dinner a few girls came up and introduced themselves while three decided to stay. Out of the three only one earned a scholarship to come to the academy the other two came from old money as they simply put it. Jasmine was at ease with the four girls, she made friends back in Japan two were her best friends. It was hard leaving them but they promised to keep in touch and visit soon.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" one asked. A blush immediately took over her face as she thought about the boy she has known since she was six. From best friend to boyfriend he made her happy, cheered her up when it was needed, one of her best supporters. She nodded her head yes as they all start asking her questions about him.

"He's my best friend, we are on a break now. He's a soccer player for Club  Juventus in Italy. They just signed him so he would be super busy now." she explained.

"Can we see him?" another asked. She shrugged nonchalantly they have been able to keep their personal lives private for years and was going to keep it that way. Her parents knew of him but were skeptical when they moved from friends to a couple. Searching through her pictures she landed on one that always made her smile, it was a picture she took when he visited her in Japan before he went to Italy. Jaden was every inch a gentleman, always putting her first. He wanted to give up the transfer to Italy to stay with her in Japan but she convinced him to continue his career while she pursues her education.

"Here he is," she said softly.

Daniel Bederov as Jaden Carmicheal.

They all commented on how handsome he was and how lucky she was to have him. As they went on about him, her gaze was focused on the brown-eyed man in the picture. He told her many times that he loved her and she was it for him but she couldn't get herself to say those three words. She adored and cared for him but love him entirely? No. The feeling of being head over heels in love with him wasn't there.

"Yeah he is great," she commented as someone asked her about his soccer skills. Before they can answer the bell to signal dinner would be over soon sounded off. The rec room was available to them if they like or they can simply go back to their rooms. Still a bit tired she decided to go back to her room while Chris stayed back with her other friends. Jasmine was lost in the world of memories, every time her relationship with Jaden was being questioned she always felt that she was being selfish in their relationship. She was faithful to him, supportive whenever he had his games, caring but they both knew it wasn't her all. He loved her with his whole heart while she still loved him a friend. Trying to take her mind off it all she began the sixth season of Hanako. After an hour or two she found herself lost in her art, she didn't realize when Chris made it back to their room. Her phone rang but she didn't hear it, all she heard were her characters. They were scared and lost. They wanted to find each other but they kept losing their way, things distracted them purposely but they needed each other. They had to be together.

"Jaz!! Your phone!" Chris yelled tapping her on the shoulder. Startled she jumped from her seat turning to Chris, "Sweetie your... are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" she responded looking for her phone.

"Because you're crying," Chris answered softly. She slowly reached up and touched her cheek, gently wiping away the tears, "Probably being homesick" Jasmine said laughing drily. Her phone began to ring once more, she quickly found it.

"Hey Yuki," she answered faking her cheerfulness sitting back at her desk to look over her work. As her assistant droned on about his experience in London, Jasmine was confused. On the storyboard before her wasn't her familiar characters.

"Um, Yuki.Watashi wa daijōbu, anata o yobu koto ni shimashou, ka?" (Let me call you back, okay?) she said in his native tongue and quickly hung up the phone. Gently she traced the five-panel sketch, to anyone you can see the story she drew.

The first panel was a little girl with hair black as night and bright blue eyes sitting alone in a field crying, looking out in the distance where different people were having fun and laughing. It moved on to the next where two large grey and white wolves came and sat beside her, they then began to circle around her creating a shield that kept the darkness away. They stayed by her side as she grew, showering her with love and protection then they were gone. The darkness took them away from her, leaving her all alone. They watched from their prison of torture with sadness in their eyes as she grew up without them but kept looking for them.

"Is this part of Hanako?" she heard Chris asked softly.

"No. I think it's part of someone's life," she whispered focusing on the two wolves that stared back at her with dark eyes. She captured their emotions clearly, how sad they were but the love they had for the little girl was there..... 

....but they still left her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 137 5
She didn't know her ex would be like that, never thought he would turn on her... And she never could have guessed that she would respond by shutting...
475K 10.3K 57
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.
2.6K 508 7
This fall's Historical Fiction Psychological Horror novel. "I'll be willing to destroy anyone who tries to stop the change. I won't serve a God who t...
227K 8.9K 36
In the new world of werewolves, where she-wolves are now in charge, Alpha Emilia has made a promise to herself. When her mother puts her trust in her...