The promise

By Rachelkingdom

(Currently editing/rewriting) A story of a love that is out of this world! A story between Mason and Amira wh... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22*
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25*
Part 26*
Part 27*
Part 28*
Part 29
Part 30*
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Info..
part 34*
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37*
38
39
40
42
43
44
45
47 - The Promise
46
Author Note
47 - The deal
48 - Part
49 - Chapter

41

3.9K 173 15
By Rachelkingdom

So sorry! Make una no vex. Here it is!sorry it's not the best it is so busy and chaotic in my personal life.

*Amria POV*

Its New year's eve and I am counting the days until I get back to Mason. This vacation had been a job as an actor and I am quite sure I am taking the Oscar home. My mother gave me a talking to about sassing Becky and almost everybody at the party. She was so mad I don't think I have ever seen her that mad before. She went on about how I wanted to ruin my life and the families. This isn't how we raised you, she doesn't really know this girl I am becoming. She ended the whole rant with your father and I will be having a talk with you later.

After days of searching for my phone I found it in the living room couch on my mother tip to search there. I guess I dropped it there when I came into the house the day we arrived, but I had no recollection. It still had a twenty-five percent battery life which I thought was odd since it's been sitting there for days. I charge and recharge some credit on it to call Mason. My trip has been hectic and I need to hear him.

I manage to sneak out of the house this early morning and go for a walk to call him.
The phone automatically goes to voicemail on the first ring. I dial it again, same thing. Maybe it's dead, I Will just walk around my community and try again in an hour. I walk aimlessly through my community sweating from the heat through my t-shirt and shorts. The community is quiet at dawn and after. The grass damp, the air crisps and a little cooler. December and January in Nigeria is the best time of the year. After an hour I called again four times same thing. On the fifth call I decided to try again tomorrow.

Beeppppp.beep. the sound of a car horn blast at me. This is Nigeria so I quickly run to the side of the road and almost into a gutter. I did not want to be hit by a vehicle.

"Amira it's just me." CJ laugh from the driver side, showing his pearly whites and gleam. What is he doing driving around so early looking like he is heading to a photo shoot.

"I almost fell into the gutter because of your stupid honking." I yelled with relief that I didn't almost got hit by a car. I place my hand on the car door ducking my head in to feel the a.c. on my skin.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. What are you doing walking around so early."

"Congratulating you accomplished nothing and I wanted to clear my head."

"I see... get in. I am doing the same thing. We can Clear our head together on a little drive." It's actually not a bad idea. I need the a.c. to cool off and I could use a break from my house. I am trying my best to avoid my parents rant on my life. I enter the car and he stars driving it of the community. We drive down the highway heading towards the downtown area.

"Where are you heading to?"

"I actually have to meet up with some friends for an early breakfast."

"CJ I am dressed In shorts and a t-shirt. No way."

"First it's a small breakfast with friends all of them you use to know and second you look fine."

"CJ." I don't want to show up at breakfast looking like I just dragged myself out of bed which I did.

"Actually, check the back of the car. I think someone left their bag in there.. pretty sure it Grace after the party. I am sure you will find something." I unbuckle my seatbelt and climb to the back seat." I spot Grace black and white bag on the floor and I open it. Prefect. She has a yellow midi skirt and a white top inside. She wore it on christmas day for about two hours, but it's enough to work for breakfast.

"This will work." I smile so he can see me through the rearview mirror. "Now don't look, I am going to change." He smile through the rearview mirror then look back unto the road. He has seen me in underwear before and even naked by mistake once. I put the skirt on over the shorts and then remove it.

"Where is the breakfast anyways?"I change into the white top and tuck it into the skirt. I pack my hair up into a sleek ponytail, I have no makeup on but it's hot as hell out here and It would have melt off my face anyways. This outfit works.

"A small spot in phase one. Bola, Kelly, Genevieve, Sam, Obi and david have been asking about you."

"It's been so long." I cross back into my seat. "I just never come back to Nigeria as much anymore what has it been two summers?" I actually haven't been to nigeria in two years even though my family go back once a year or whenever my parents feel like. I just decided to go to london the year before and I stayed in Calgary last year.

"Yes...and We have notice."

"I saw Genevieve and david at the party but I could only talk a second before my father dragged me along. It will be nice to catch up with them today."

"Yes it will be." We continue driving and chatting for about twenty minutes before turning into the small complex filled with stores and the little restaurant. We enter the restaurant and everybody is already there. I first make eye contact with Bola.

"Amira is that you?" She smile standing up.

"Yes oh. In the flesh and blood." I smile.

"Amira." Kelly and Genevieve squeal. We enter into a group hug and then I give the guys hugs. I have not been to Nigeria in two years but I haven't seen this people for about four or more years. We just grew apart and I stop hanging out with them.

"Wow Amira! You look different, great! Sit down." She shows me the seat beside her and across from CJ who is beaming. " It has been what... four years? 

"I have to say the skinny looks good on you." Genevieve compliment me. I smile genuinely because the girl is a model gracing a couple billboards and she did some stuff for the pool images.

"Grace you made skinny. You pictures at the pool are amazing such a beautiful touch." I praise her.

"I agree.l with you both. " Kelly nod and so those the guys at the table. We continue talking and catching up on life. Everybody is so grown up now and I feel much comfortable now than four years ago when I lost that connection with them. The conversation is pretty smooth by the time we are done eating it's already a little pass noon.

Bola looks at me a second too long with a smile on her face. "Amira, I am sure there are pigs flying outside right now."

I laugh genuinely. "Why would you say that?"

"It's unbelievable that you actually came today.. CJ didn't say anything."

I look at CJ and smile. "Well he basically hit me off the road and kidnapped me, but I am glad he did. I really enjoyed breakfast. We should do this again before I leave."

"When do you guys leave again?"

"Three days from now."

"They are actually going to be at the beach tonight for the new years eve celebration." CJ stood up and walk around the table to were the rest of the group are chatting.

"Oh great! Then I will see you guys later." I give Bola a hug and follow CJ.

"Mr and Mrs Adaobi I will see you guys later." Genevieve smile entering her car with David and Obi. I see CJ smile at her remark but I shake off her remark because bringing it up is why I am avoiding my house and it would just ruin my day and that's the last thing I want. My trip had been a shit show and I am fixed on having a wonderful time my last three days.

The wind gushes through the car as we enter the highway. The sun is high and as bright as my yellow skirt.

"So what are we doing now?"

"We.." He chuckle.

"Yes we. What do we have planned?"

"Well, we can pass by the pool check on things." That sounds like the worse idea ever. I want fun.

"No that doesn't sound fun." I groan.

He chuckle "Our fathers won't be there until like four. We can just drop by and make sure everything is running smoothly. I promised my dad I would..It will only take thirty minutes...then we can go to Lekki market I know you love souvenirs."

"Yes only because you are buying I didn't bring money."

"Sure."

When we get to the pool everything is as should. We were suppose to spend thirty minutes there but we ended up staying for two hours. The place was neat and tidy accept for the ladies changing room. I had to have a chat with the girls about keeping the changing room areas very clean. I felt like I delivered the message professionally. It wasn't bad looking around, going through the books and just making sure everything is up to standard. CJ was also a great support when it came to that, he balanced out my calm approach with his more foot down approach. The staff at the pool also see us a form of authority instead of just the kids of the guys who own the pool.

CJ and I spent four hours at the market buying and buying. Well I bought, he paid. I pick souvenirs for everybody.

*****
The girls an I have been laying under our umbrella in front of the beautiful Atlantic ocean for the past two hours, drinking and soaking up the sun. I think they actually notice me getting a little tispy but everybody here is tispy it is a New year's eve party. The girls left to go towards the bar but I decide to sit by a little longer.

His dark skin glowing from the sun block my only source of sun. CJ squat down to my leave bringing us to eye contact. "I bought you extra spicy Suya (Which is seasoned grilled meat)." He place the newspaper wrapped meat beside me and the smell is already watering my mouth.

"Thanks, where is my Fanta?"

"Greedy girl, I knew you were going to ask." He place the sweating bottle of Fanta in the white sand beside me.

"Whatever, what do you want?" He must want something to be gifting me some of my favourites. He sit down in front of the Fanta bottle, the hot sun already turned him a shade darker than his chocolate skin tone and it looks good.

"I couldn't just bring you food?"

"No, so spit it out."

"You have been drinking; the extra pepper on the meat will sober you up."

"I am not drunk." I laugh in a higher pitch voice than planned.

"I know just tispy. Let's dance." I shake my head no and continue going at the Suya.

"You have been laying here talking to the girls for hours and now they are dancing so come dance with me. It's new years eve."

I frown "I don't dance." I put a huge piece of the Suya in my mouth. Oh God it taste so good.

"Amira come on."

"I am content here CJ." He grab the Suya from my lap and stands up.

"CJ what the hell?"

"If you don't want to dance then no Suya." This fucker wants to get stab.

"CJ Abeg nah." I plea with him in pidgin. "No do me like this." (Don't do this to me."

"Grace do you want this Suya." Grace nod her head and starts walking over to him. I need that suya.

"Okay, one dance."

He look up from Grace. "Two full songs." I roll my eyes and nod in agreement. "Never mind Grace I changed my mind."

"Fool." She hiss turning around. I walk over to CJ and he leads me to the dance floor packed with moving bodies filed with excitement under the fading sun in the wake of a new year. We start dancing to the music soon enough we are dancing for what felt like hours, more than the two songs agreed on. I dance with him and my friends even strangers. I haven't felt this liberated since this trip began all my worries felt like they were melting away with the new year on my heels. The Dj slow the music down and plays
African Queen by 2-Face which I found odd since it's almost new year.

"Time for me to leave and eat my Suya." I pull away from CJ. Our dancing so far hasn't been intimate. We looked more like really good friends than a couple. I don't mind that look at all. He pulls me back in. His eyes glistening with excitement.

"No, don't run now. We are just dancing." He swoop his hands behind my back and unto my waist and sways us. I relax into his hold and sway with him.

"You know our parents wants us to get married right?" He said into the crook of my neck. It's a conversation I have been trying to avoid from my parents and him.

I laugh at the question. "The joke has been suggested."

"And what do you think?" Is he serious? I remain quiet. "I know you have been avoiding the topic but it's...."

"What do you want me to say CJ." I cut him off. "It's our family picking at us."

"It's real and I want you to tell me what you think?" I pull back from his embrace so I can see his eyes to check if he is serious and that's what I read in them.

"It's not what I want. CJ we have known each other since we were kids. We grew up together, we were friends...are friends but that's all it is."

"You can't see yourself being in a romantic relationship with me? Is that it?"

"No, my heart belongs to Mason." I start walking away from him and towards the now semi quiet area of the beach.

"You have known him what less than six months and you want to throw away your life with your family and me away?" He follow behind me.

"The life I have with you is a friendship and barely a life. We don't even see each other."

"But we can. Remember when we promised to own our parents empire, build it together, make it the greatest?" I can hear the desperation in his voice.

"That's not the point CJ. We were kids."

"And now we are adult who can make this work. I have waited for you."

"CJ you didn't wait for me and I didn't ask you to do that. You have had your share of girls. Mason makes me feel things that I haven't felt before.. He cares for me, he loves me, with him the only person I can be is myself. " I want to send him a clear message that I am not a virgin or that shy girl he remembers. "I have given him me." An anger burn through his eyes at my confession of my love for Mason and that I lost my virginity to him. He doesn't say anything for a couple minutes.

I hear the host come into the speakers."Alright everybody! It's going to be new years in five minutes. Are you ready?"  He hollers into the crowd and they scream back.

"I don't mind that I didn't expect you to wait for me." I don't want to hurt his feeling because I can read from his eyes that he genuinely wants to make something work with me, but I don't see how.

"We can grow our parents company together as business partners not a couple.. CJ, Mason is the man I want to marry and have kids with." He balls his fist and his face strain.

"You have no idea what you are talking about. Mason is your first boyfriend, a fling. He will break your heart and try to ruin you, but I will be there all along." The crowd starts screaming 10..9..8."

"You don't know him or me or anything about our relationship. You want to know what I think about our parents trying to marry us? I think it's bullshit, it's their idea of my life not what I want. "

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Happy new year!"

"Nothing is at it seems and many things are set in stones. Things will come to light that will change how you feel about our life. That boy is for now I am your later and forever." He starts to walk away towards the crowd leaving me confuse on what he meant. I call his name so he can come explain himself but he doesn't turn around. What the fuck does he mean? I have been avoiding my parents but I need answers.

*****
Mason POV

Every year we have a new year's eve party in Banff. We get in the day before and leave two days after. I really enjoy the time we spend up here. I spent many summer and winter here with my Bradely and Oliver. We go skiing, snow boarding, fishing, rafting, and tubing. We never quite enjoyed fishing even though we went multiple times over the summer. Bradley and I would just Stand knee deep in the river out in the middle of nowhwere in our gear and talk and laugh, probably why we didn't catch anything, but we loved every moment. The cabin doesn't really look like an authentic cabin. I should really call it a mansion. I think my mother just wanted to move a semi- smaller version of our house out in the kind of middle of nowhere.

I am laying across the bed with my phone laying on my chest. It vibrates and I quickly check, maybe it's Mira

Audio-Media message from an unknown number.

I click on the audio and it's silent at first then the sound of Amira moaning fills the room. My heart stop at her voice. It's the first time I am hearing this so called tape and it's no fake. It's actually Amira moaning and screaming my name under my hand that were muffling her. You can also hear me edging her on and groaning. This was the night of Dustin party when we had sex in the my car. I am going to fucking kill Brad. This is fucking crossing the line.

"Oh my god Mase I'm gonna cum." She moan as my bedroom door fly open.

"What the fuck. Are you having phone sex with Mira?" Bradley laugh stepping into the room. I quickly try and find the turn off button because I can't hear anymore or let Bradley hear.

"Get the fuck out." I bark at him.

"Wait is that you moaning. Did you make a sex tape with Amira?"

"No, get out Brad." I barked again.

"You so did, let me watch." He laugh. I am fuming with anger. This can't be happening to us. I know it says anonymous, but I will fuck brad up for this.

"It's not a tape Bradley." He frown his brow and grab my phone faster than me. He click the audio and it starts again and I am frozen.

"Brad turn it off. Turn it off. Turn it off Goddam it." I grab the phone back and throw it across the room, shattering it in pieces.

"What the fuck Mason." I run my hands through my hair.

"Fuck, someone sent that to me."

"So you break your phone over it."

"Fuckkkkk." I scream, hitting over the night lamp beside me.

"Why are you getting so worked up over an audio. Jack off to it if you miss her that much. Who is this chick anyways? She sounded hot." Right now he needs to watch his mouth. I am angry and I will throw a punch quicker than I can think.

"Leave Bradley." I point at the door.

"What the fuck is wrong with you little brother?"

"Nothing, just leave." He gets off the bed hesitantly and head to the door

"You better not be fucking doing drugs or some shit." Right now I would rather be doing drugs than this shit of a storm that is about to happen when Mira finds out. Shit, I fucking broke the only way she can reach me.

"Fuck." I curse out loud.

"You are doing drugs?"

"No Bradley, but right now I wish I was. It would be better than this fucking mess." I take a sit on the bench at the foot of the bed. "What I am about to tell you needs to stay between us. I mean between us. Dad and mom, most especially mom can't hear of it." He nods his head and take a sit beside me. "That was actually Amria moaning."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean someone taped us fucking Bradley." He look dumbstruck for a second and then chuckles. Great the idiot thinks I am pulling one of our prank.

"You fucker." He laughed. "You fucking broke your phone to make me believe a prank. Yah, bye.. nice try." I want to call him back and get his opinion on the issue, but I will rather deal with it myself for now."

"You loser. I will just get you some other time. I almost had you too."

"Yah when you broke the phone. Phone wasn't real right?" Sadly it was. I look at the pieces on the floor and realize that now Amira can't reach me and it will probably be a day or two before I can get a new one. It probably isn't a problem to her because she hasn't even tried to contact me.

"Sadly that was my real phone." I rolled my eyes.

"Dumb fuck." He snickered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 157 18
"Her smile was all it took to hunt him down" * I turned to walk away, when I felt something or "someone" pull me back. I was still right in front of...
73.3K 15.9K 31
Tiana Dakoba isn't who everyone thought she was. To everyone, the mere sight of her oozed confidence and pride. She was the "It" girl. But no one kne...
89.2K 4.3K 52
"This, us, all of it was a mistake!" My breathing comes to a halt, as my brain fails to process his words. "Mason you don't mean that" My voice plead...
14.3K 4.3K 67
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...