Escape from Ancient Egypt (Ne...

By spottedeagle9780

Being stuck in the past takes on a whole new meaning... What if your worst enemy sent you on a one-way ticket... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 23

800 28 4
By spottedeagle9780

Neiko ran out into the garden to meet with her friends; they were outside waiting. "What's up?" asked Mactalon.

"Did y'all have any luck?" Neiko asked as she crossed her fingers.

"None. It seems he keeps it with him or hidden somewhere, so we have to corner him on a later date. Speaking of which, how was it?" asked Mactalon.

Neiko slapped her forehead and moaned in despair. "Dreadful. On the next date, I should take a dagger or something."

Sito chuckled. "Why is that?"

"He wouldn't keep his hands off of me! He tried to kiss me on the mouth—eww!" Neiko said, shuddering. "We've just met for cryin' out loud! He said he wants to meet again in three days. I hope he got the message that I ain't interested!"

Sito shook his head. "Don't count on it. I believe you have met your match. He will not give up until he has won you. I can say this—his persistence and stubbornness is equal to yours, but he has an edge—his commanding and demanding spirit and his high self-esteem will crush that iron will of yours, if he can weaken you. He thinks he'll conquer you and win you completely."

"Oh yeah? I'll show him! I won't let him get his way because I'll fight him with everything I have. He'll wish he never met me!" Neiko trumpeted, poking out her chest like she was a Siamese fighting fish. "You know, I'm not a country—I'm not a thing! I'm not something that is owned or conquered! You own a car or a camel—I am a person!"

Sito shurgged. "Neiko, that's exactly what he wants you to do—the conquering works the same way. He already has you where he wants you. You think this date was bad? You just wait because he is just getting warmed up. He went easy on you," warned Sito.

"What? You call that going easy on me?" she asked with her features. "Sito, I know what I'm doing. I know how to deal with conceited men. I've fared just fine against narcissistic Georgian guys—they're all the same. He'll give up in a month!" Neiko said with absolute certainty.

"Neiko, he isn't like them! You are totally unprepared, and you have no idea what you're up against—by the way, he's not narcissistic—he may be borderline at the most. He has very potent charms that he can use on you that can weaken you. It's just he doesn't get to use them that often—he usually doesn't have to because his money, power, and good-looks are usually enough for most women. You, in contrast, are a different story altogether. Others tell me his charms also have a keen edge you can't see. Prepare to face your ultimate challenge in strategic combat in the arena of love," Sito warned.

"Oh, Sito, come on! I can't stand Ramesses! His charms won't work on me! He'll have better luck charming a cobra!" Neiko snorted sarcastically. "I hope he tries to kiss it, and I hope it bites him!"

"That doesn't matter. He has a challenge for himself, and he loves a challenge. He views just about everything as a contest or a battle. Not only that, he sees the reward ahead of him and desires that prize very much—you have no idea how much—and nothing will stop him. He may have a long way to go, but don't count on him giving up. To Ramesses nothing is impossible, and he will not accept defeat when he finds something he really wants. 'No' is not acceptable and won't end at that," Sito replied. "What's more is that he's really going to enjoy the pursuit. Conquest will only be that much sweeter when he wins the war and that'll make the relationship that much more enjoyable. Guys like him like women who resist them at first the most."

Neiko rolled her eyes and tossed her head. Her long black locks whipped around her head and her hair beads clinked together and on her crown. "Well, I have news for him; he better get used to hearing the word 'no' since that's all he's gonna hear from me!" Neiko declared. "There goes that country thing again..."

"Like I said before, he is just getting warmed up. You are in a game of chess or cat and mouse—however you view it. You may want to adopt the war metaphor if you even hope to win or have a chance to withstand what's coming. You have to put up your guard and shield your weaknesses, because he will find them, and he'll hit them hard like a battering ram," cautioned Sito as he slammed his fist into his palm. "Once you begin to crack he'll move in with his charm and romance, and that will seep through the cracks and weaken you much more. Contrary to what you think, he does have a deep, fiery, passionate, and charming side; he's not all stone, iron, and ice."

Neiko put her hand on her head to take in all she had heard. "Oh boy, Sito, get that crystal. I don't know how much I can stand. I may end up going mad or killing him if he keeps it up, or if it gets worse!"

"Neiko, please, don't think it is hopeless. All I intended to do was warn you so that you would be prepared. If you tried to hurt him, you couldn't. He is also a fighter—he already knows what you are capable of and will take precautions since he has seen you in action. If you tried to kill him, all he would do is take the weapon away from you and probably pin you down and steal a victory kiss."

Neiko shuddered. "It seems easier fighting Bloodhawk hand-to-hand. Enough about him. Let's get that crystal tonight! Is ol' sourpuss coming back tonight?"

"Yes, and I suppose you want to jump him tonight?" asked Mactalon.

"You bet, and if all goes well, we'll be home tonight, and this nightmare will be over!" Neiko said in excitement.

* * *

The Indians waited late that night in the garden because Francesco would make his way out there to do his work. Night fell, and they remained in the bushes for a stake out and ambush. He came outside and walked into range.

"Get him!" shouted Neiko, and all five pounced on him and started beating him.

"Where is that crystal, you little weasel? Give it to me, or I'll break your neck!" growled Mactalon.

"You cannot use it, Indian, because you don't know how!" Francesco sneered.

"I do! So give it here!" Neiko retorted. "Hold him!" she said, and Mactalon and Tito held him.

"Let go, you stupid Indians!" shouted Francesco in hatred.

Neiko punched him in the stomach, winding him, and then dealt a hard blow in his nose. While he was gasping to catch his breath, Neiko reached into his pockets, searching him, and finally found the crystal. With the crystal in hand, Neiko started the chant, and it started to glow. Francesco kicked her hand and sent it flying in the air, and it landed on the ground.

"You scum!" Neiko growled, ready to punch him again, but someone seized her. The other Indians were surrounded by the palace guards.

The captain of the guard looked at them suspiciously. "What is going on here? I'll be delighted to enlighten Pharaoh on this outrage. So what is this quarrel about?"

"They started it!" Francesco said in his defense.

"Save your excuses for Pharaoh," said the captain.

"Here is what they were fighting over," said a guard as he brought the crystal to the captain.

"A rock? Is this all? Well, let's go. Bring them—Pharaoh awaits," he said, and they led them to the platform.

"What is this? I demand to know!" asked Ramesses moodily as he marched to meet them. He had heard the commotion and sent his guards to investigate.

"These six were fighting in the garden. They were quarreling over this, my king," the captain said handing the crystal to Ramesses.

"A stone? It has some importance, I gather. I'll keep it to ensure there is no more violence in my house," Ramesses said, holding out his hand, and the captain handed it to him. All five Indians gritted their teeth in dismay as he studied it and turned it over in his hand. "Who is responsible for beginning the fight?"

"They all are!" Francesco piped up, pointing at all five of the Indians. "Neiko punched me in the stomach and in the nose! They all tackled me and hit me!" he wailed as his nose continued to bleed.

"Is this true, Sito?" Ramesses asked. His eyes fell on Neiko, and she swallowed hard.

"Yes. He stole that crystal from our tribe!" Sito fibbed, trying to find some way to save the situation.

"Liar! I made it; you just want to save your little Indian hide. And oh—you want to take away Pharaoh's new bride-to-be and give her to another man!" Francesco thundered.

Upon hearing this, Ramesses grew angry, and his eyes filled with rage and jealousy.

Sito closed his eyes in deep despair. That remark was going to become a bane for the Indians. He was carrying a secret that none of his friends or his brother knew about, and he was forbidden to tell.

"Shut up, Oscar Mayer wiener! You better eat those words before I ram them down your throat!" Neiko shot back.

"You cannot outwit a genius such as me!" Francesco preached.

"What are you talking about? Are you the genius of the Dunce School for Dummies?" asked Mactalon. "You are a brainless moron. The only questions you can get right are the no-brainers!"

"You are so stupid, Frank!" Neiko added.

"My name is Francesco! At least I have a brain, Dodo Talon!" Francesco retorted.

"Oh yeah?" challenged Mactalon.

"Yes!" Francesco said.

"Enough!" Ramesses thundered, and his voiced seemed to echo in the palace. "I am tired of this endless bickering and fighting. I had better not see or hear about another quarrel, or I will turn you out. Is that understood? Leave my presence, all of you Indians, and go to your quarters! Francesco, you stay."

After everyone left, Francesco waited until the coast was clear. "I was hoping you would allow me to talk with you because I have so much more to tell you."

"Is that true what you said earlier about them taking Neiko away from me and giving her to another?" asked Ramesses. "Sito and I have fought our own battles over the course of eleven years," Ramesses sighed.

Francesco's eyes glittered maliciously; he instantly guessed what it was about. "It is. There are many young men in Hawote who are just dying to marry her—including Prince Bloodhawk I might add. Can you blame them? Oh yes, I will tell you the real reason why I'm here and why this crystal is so important. I just hope you can handle the truth."

Ramesses pressed his fingers together in a rhythm as he smoldered at hearing this. "Go on."

Francesco took a deep breath in anxiety, not knowing how Ramesses would take this since he was very hard to convince about anything he could not see or touch, let alone space and time travel. He was going to try to twist in lies to devastate the Indians' reputations. "That crystal is the gateway back to Hawote. We're from Hawote that is more than three thousand years into the future. You are dead in our world, and your mummy was discovered by people of the future. Many people learn and study your life. I studied and personally worship you. While the rest of Hawote mocks you and drags your name through the mud, I revere you," explained Francesco. "Neiko and her friends are not pilgrims by choice, as I sent them here with that crystal you hold in your hand because of foul deeds they did against me. I sent Neiko here to suffer. She turned the tables on me continuously and exposed me in my espionage when I was trying to help her people. I intended for her to be in servitude and anguish—to feel the pain she caused me. I came to see her anguish, and to learn firsthand how a pharaoh rules. I want to become the Pharaoh of Hawote and crush my enemies. I know if Neiko dies here in Egypt, then the land of Hawote will not know her because it would be like she never was born, and her great and not-so-great deeds will not be done. However, if she returns to Hawote, you will never remember her, no matter how much you love her. We are rewriting history as we speak, and that is the truth."

"That is a very entertaining story, but it is nonsense—all of it," Ramesses said curtly. He didn't believe anything Francesco said about Neiko. This report did not match what he had heard and witnessed. He would never have fallen in love with such a vile person.

"I know you are a man who requires cold, hard proof, and I'll give it to you. You aren't supposed to know any different, so you will be the first person to travel into the future from this time. Hand me the crystal and I'll show you. First, we'll go to Rome during the reign of Julius Caesar, and then I will send you to Texas in 1815," Francesco said, and Ramesses handed him the crystal.

"You wish to give me a demonstration?" asked Ramesses.

"Yes. It will not take long," Francesco said.

Francesco did the chant, and they appeared in Rome. Roman soldiers marched around. Then he summoned them back to where they were and sent Ramesses to Texas. Ramesses looked at the strange place. Before him, he could see Comanche Indians attacking a group of cowboys who were trespassing on their tribal burial grounds. Bows and guns were being fired, and people were falling off horses. Then he was summoned back.

"I believe you. So, everything you say is true about the future? Well, I accept some of it. Everything said about Neiko, however, is fabricated and untrue—that I know. She will remain with me till the day she dies. Do you object?" asked Ramesses challengingly.

"No, by all means you can have her. I will remain here until you two are happy together. Oh—by the way, I think you might want to keep Neiko from going back to the future since you will lose her forever, and you won't remember her or know her just like it should be. It would really be a shame," said Francesco with cunning.

Ramesses folded his arms and narrowed his eyes. "We'll see about that, won't we?" Then he nodded and sighed at Francesco's request. "Very well. I will say I will be losing quite a servant. I wish you well when you do leave, and you have my permission."

"Thank you. I greatly appreciate it," Francesco said and then went to go to bed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354 21 39
"Come here, pretty one. You do not have to be afraid of me." I huddled into a corner, making myself as small as humanly possible. Not everything is a...
2.5K 282 40
When Dresden encounters a strangely-attired boy lying unconscious in the forested hills of Hep Duatab, he is perplexed: the boy is clearly an 'outsid...
4.1K 114 65
What if the fate of two worlds were in the hands of one person: you? The childhood secret of a troubled teen warrior is used against her by her enemi...
2.2K 213 27
Kali has always been obedient, but when she takes her first step onto a protected “humans only” high school in suburban Pittsburgh, she knows she was...