Slivered (Boyxboy)

By jxtnmendoza

(UNFINISHED) It has been years since I started writing this and I never got to finish it. I don't know if I'l... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 : Wounds Remain
Chapter 2 : Welcome to Bradshaw High
Chapter 3 : Faggot Princess & the Frog
Chapter 4 : Pins & Balls
Chapter 5 : Road Trips
Chapter 6 : Token of Appreciation
Chapter 7 : A Promise To Keep
Chapter 8 : Formidable Threats
Chapter 9 : Sharpening Pencils
Chapter 10 : Fairy in Paradise
Chapter 11 : Blame It On The Alcohol
Chapter 12 : Dreams of Premonition
Chapter 13 : Quantum of Solace
Chapter 14 : Great Time Gone In No Time
Chapter 15 : Picture Perfect Crime
Chapter 16 : This Way Up
Chapter 17 : Pleasure Is All Yours
Chapter 18 : Sound of Heartbreak
Chapter 19 : The Art of Letting Go
Chapter 20 : Bitter and Better
Chapter 21 : Too Much of Everything
Chapter 22 : Only Love
Chapter 24 : I Loved You, Goodbye
Chapter 25 : What is Love?
Chapter 26 : Silver Lining

Chapter 23 : Bad Blood

58 5 13
By jxtnmendoza

Slivered

Finally

I open my eyes for the first time in like forever, welcoming the bright rays of the sun seeping through the blinds. It takes me some time before I can clearly see because my eyes were like glued shut. This is like being a newly born all over again, except this time there is no crying and a vagina involved. I feel fantastic, I'm alive.

I try to take a look at where I am, it's unusually quiet. The beeping sound coming from a machine is the only sound that can be heard in this white hospital room. My hand reaches for my itching nose, but fails when I realize I am wearing an oxygen mask. I roll my eyes and instantly regret it, with a faint throb coming from the back of my head.

This is lame, everything is lame, including this ugly hospital gown I'm wearing. I wonder how Michael thought this was attractive, he must have a poor sense of fashion. Where is everyone? I thought they all wanted me to wake up. Well, now I'm up. No one is even here to congratulate me for a great job well done.

Minutes later and still no one. Family and friends, where are you? I'd even appreciate Michael if he comes here right now. I'm desperate for attention, can't blame me when I've been asleep like a bear hibernating through winter. I missed them.

I thought I was going to die and never see my loved ones again. This made me ponder how foolish I am to take my own life before. It is true that you need to go through shit, to realize shit. I can't be dead. Not now that I have finally found my reason to live. My lovely family and friends. They'd never leave me, why the hell would I?

"I told you, I can't. My brother is still in the hospital and I have a burial to attend. I'm a busy woman, just fuck off. Please." Brie ushers in my room with her phone in hand. She seems to be in a deep conversation with someone.

"You're so stupid, Cameron! How many times do I have to tell you that what happened between us was only a one time thing? Get that through your freaking thick skull and leave me alone." She snaps through the phone. I actually pity the person she was just talking to.

Cameron, huh? Who would've thought that some scrawny guy like him could score on my sister?

First of all, ew, heterosexual sex. Second, I don't want to sound like a control freak parent, but I hope they at least used protection. Brie being pregnant is not going to be good, especially if we're talking about those goddamn mood swings. Third, I'm going to beat the hell out of Cameron like the protective brother I am.

"Dammit," Brie sighs heavily before plopping down on this black leather couch looking wary. Does she not notice I'm awake?

With my throat still dry, I attempt to heave out words. "I'm so telling mom." My voice comes out muffled due to my oxygen mask.

Brie cocks her head towards me and suddenly springs out from her seat. She gapes and is actually speechless, just forming these incoherent words and phrases. She places a quivering hand on her wide open mouth as she processes what is happening before her.

"Shit, you're up!" She squeals.

"Yeah, shit."

"You're alive."

"I'm alive." I look at her weirdly.

"Is this all real?"

"I don't know..."

"I'm not dreaming, am I?"

"Do you remember falling asleep?"

Brie's eyes widen even more, if that's possible, gawking at me intensely. "You're actually up! Oh my gosh. You're alive!"

I roll my eyes, "Yes. For Christ's sake, I'm alive! Now, can you please call a doctor or someone."

"On it!" She exclaims before busting out of the room. I missed her. I chuckle to myself, if she could have only seen the look on her face earlier.

The first one to rush in my room is Tim. He was running from outside and almost tripped on the way over here. The moment he sees me looking alive than before, he abruptly tackles me into a crushing hug. I suppose he misses me too much to not even care if he hurts or kills me by suffocation.

"You can let go now." I attempt to speak.

Tim breathes heavily, running his hand across my back in a manner. "Oh my gosh, thank goodness you are alive."

"I missed you." He adds.

"I miss me too, to be honest."

He then lets me go. But, not completely as he takes my face between his big hands. "Don't do that to me ever again! If you try to die on me, I'll shit on your coffin at your funeral."

"You will not."

"Oh, yes, I fucking will." Bastard.

Our best friend session is cut off short as mom arrives with Brie and a female doctor following suit. Mom rushes to my side and we share a heartwarming embrace that lasts. I'm so not trying to die again. Now that I know how it feels to lose all this, never again.

"Thank God." She kisses my bandage wrapped forehead.

"Hallelujah," I joke. We chuckle as she gives way for the doctor to make her analysis.

I watch as the lady doctor, Dr. Iacona, check my statistics. She jots down notes on her clipboard, probably the details she is reading on this beeping machine beside me. She also carefully peeks at my bandage to see if there is blood gushing through the thin cloth. So far, I'm good.

"You seem to be in perfect shape and the wound, I suppose is already healed. We may remove the bandage soon. As for now, we'll run some few more tests. If you're lucky enough you can go home tomorrow."

I beam in delight as I attend to the word home. Staying in this hell room is the worst, but it wouldn't hurt for another night I guess. "Thank you."

"Get rest." Doctor cheers, before heading out to the hall.

"Oh, wait!" I call, "When can I take a shower?"

She halts and turns back around to face me. "You still can't. But, I can send a nurse for a sponge bath if you like?"

"Yeah, sure." I retort quite unsure, uncomfortable with the idea of a stranger undressing me and touching me in inappropriate places. Shivers.

Dr. Iacona maybe sensing my worry because the next thing she says completely shocks me. "A male one?" She winks.

I gape and feel heat creep up my neck. "What?"

"I'll send him right away." She utters once more, emphasizing the word "him", before walking off.

"You just woke up from a coma and you're already getting action. Damn, teach me your gay ways." Tim stares at me in a way.

I feel my blush getting worse as they continue the conversation. This is embarrassing, oh my gosh. Dr. Iacona is insane, although I have to thank her for at least lessening my worry. I get another man to undress and touch me, or clean me, what is there to worry about?

"Someone called for a sponge bath?" A deep voice speaks up, following a knock on the wooden door.

A boner.

That is what I should worry about right now.

Holy Pokémon, he is hot. A guy wearing a blue scrub suit stands by the door, catching all of our attentions. I see Tim and Brie gaze at him in shock. Mom passes me a smirk though, she knows what is up. The handsome nurse smiles and that just does it for me. I'm a sucker for killer smiles.

Hot damn, clean me now.

"Yes, I did." Yes, I fucking did.

He enters the room and carries the stuff he brought, placing them down the bedside table. They're mostly cleaning materials and a hospital gown that I'm probably changing into. I eye him the entire time as he prepares for my glory bath. If there is one thing to like about this whole coma thing, it is that I get to be bathed by a hot nurse.

"Uh, visitors. May I ask you all to please stay out of the room for a while, please?" The nurse pleads.

"Yeah..." Tim drawls out. Be jelly, Timmy.

"He's ticklish, beware." Mom tells him, winking at some point.

I glare at them to send a message and they seem to understand because they are gone in no time. That leaves us to me and this God given gift to man, alone in this sterile and creepy hospital room. Sponge bath, commence.

"How are you feeling?" He starts.

"Fantastic."

I can just stare at his lovely face all day. And that sexy jaw line, you can cut steel with it. "Your wound okay?"

"The doctor said it's fine now. It healed pretty fast though, or was I just asleep for a long time..."

"A week," he mutters. His voice is so manly and alluring, I'm getting fidgety only by hearing it.

"I was in a coma for a week? Not bad, huh."

The nurse traipses down to the bathroom and comes back with a basin of steaming water in hand. He pours some alcohol in it and drops the sponge in the process. Watching him move is amazing, he is a pro at this. Makes me wonder, how many people have been given sponge baths by him?

"Now, if you could just sit up so I can get you off that gown."

I fake a gasp, "Woah. I don't get to catch your name first before you take off my clothes? How rude."

He chuckles heartily, "It's Noah."

"Alex." I retort with a sheepish grin.

"I know."

I raise my brows, "You stalking me?"

"I was informed. Apparently, they didn't tell me that my patient is a bit cheeky." I sit up so he can finally undress me, moment of excitement.

Noah's fingers play with the strings of my gown, I can feel them. He unties the knots and the clothing is gone in a blink of an eye. The swift movement has me feeling flustered and vulnerable as I lay there naked. I really wish I don't get a boner, that will be totally abashing.

Noah checks me out, if that's what I actually think he is doing. His eyes roam around my body and it makes me feel very self conscious. He leans down until his mouth meets my ear, "And sexy."

My eyes go loops with his words. It doesn't help that he is giving me this heated glare. Shit, I feel it growing. Oh gosh. I shouldn't have flirted at him. I wasn't expecting him to flirt back, now what do I do.

"To... Too bad I'm underaged." I stutter.

Noah laughs, "Too bad I'm taken." He moves away and grabs the basin of water, leaving me speechless.

He begins cleaning my body with a sponge, starting from the torso. As mom did say, I am a ticklish person. A bit of laughing and giggling as Noah makes sure I'm pristine at the end of all this.

The sponge soon reaches my bottom half. I can't say that it is very comfortable, but it's okay. Noah spots my boner and he just laughs it off, telling me that it happens all the time. Although, I have no idea if he does it on purpose when he "accidentally" touches my erection. I'm fine with it, anyway. He even takes his time cleaning my backside, naughty Noah.

I giggle to myself with the thought, earning a weird stare from Mr. Naughty Nurse. I brush it off and wait until he is finally done. Once he is, he helps me dress in a fresh pair of clean clothes.

Noah heads out, but not before I say my thanks to him. He leaves just in time for mom and Tim to come back from the café I guess. The smell of coffee infiltrates the air the moment they come in with food and drinks in hand. Oh, how I miss the taste of coffee.

"How was the bath?" Tim asks, setting some food down the table. He offers me a cup of drink and I gladly take it.

"You know I'm not supposed to drink coffee yet." I point out. "But, whatever."

I continue, "And Noah's fine. Far better than I thought it would be." I smile at the memory.

"Oh, so there were names involved."

"He's taken." I sip on my cup, sighing contently at the delightful taste.

"That is never a problem."

I glare at Tim and he immediately shuts up. I like Noah, sure. But I'm not one to mess with other people's relationships. That is just too much for my liking. I enjoy my drink just as a thought comes across my mind.

"Mom? What happened to dad?"

Mom looks taken aback by my question, but she answers anyway. "I honestly have no idea."

Brie enters the room and joins mom on the sofa. She appears to have been running, not that I'm interested on why anyway.

"Seriously?" I retort.

"Yeah. After the incident, he kind of panicked and disappeared. He hasn't been home since then. I'm starting to worry what could've happened to him by now, at the same time I hope he does not come back for a while. I know it's hard for you to see him again after all this."

"It's not that I hate to see him. I'm just mad as to how he went overboard this time. I never would have thought he'd go this far. But, it's nothing that a sincere and honest apology can't fix." I answer.

Tim jumps in the conversation, "Apology my ass. He almost killed you, Alex."

"He's still my dad. And it might not be obvious, but family is a big deal for me. I can't lose anyone."

"Still, I'm going to beat the crap out of that old man when I see him."

"I can't stop you honey, but go easy on him. A woman still needs his husband." Mom winks, we all chuckle at that.

We all eat in peace while watching reruns of The Big Bang Theory. Occasionally, we laugh at some jokes and puns. I relax in my bed and think how I'm feeling much better all of a sudden. This is great, being surrounded by people who love and care about me. I'm forever cherishing moments like this.

I finish my cup of coffee and my loaf of wheat bread, which is very bland for my liking. We all talk and catch up. Tim informs me of the changes happening in school. News spread pretty fast and everyone in Bradshaw already knows what happened. For sure, I'm going to be the hot topic for the whole month. I can't wait to go back to school, I roll my eyes.

Sam and Aimee arrives just in time for lunch and they have brought food. Hospital food makes me gag, it's just as bad as the cafeteria food. I cheer the moment I see McDonald's chicken nuggets from the bag. My palate goes frenzy with the thought of how I miss the taste of fastfood.

"Shit, you're up!" Sam exclaims as he sees me sitting up in bed.

I glance at him and smile, "I am."

Sam beams at me, showing his perfect smile that I always loved. "I'm glad you're okay. I missed you."

"Yeah, he's been worried sick! We all are actually." Aimee says. "Thank God, you're finally okay."

"We brought food, luckily there's extra. You can have mine if there is not enough." Sam offers.

"It's fine. I'll have whatever there is."

They set up the table for all of us to eat. I still can't get out of bed, so they move the table closer to where I'm at. We consume the tasty and probably, unhealthy food while sharing stories. I silently heed and watch as everyone busies themselves in talking and laughing.

We shortly get interrupted by a knock on the door. A guy wearing a green uniform comes in, bouquet of flowers in hand. "Delivery for Mr. Hall?"

"Come in," mom motions for the guy to go inside.

She signs what seems to be the receiving papers and the guy hands her the bouquet. The delivery man leaves momentarily, letting us continue our lunch.

"These are for you." Mom says, handing me a dozen of red beautiful roses. "Let me ask for a vase," and she heads out.

"I wonder who sent them." I ponder, bringing the bouquet close to my nose. It smells good and weird at the same time.

"There's a card, look." Tim notices a small note from the side.

I pick it and read out loud, "Roses are red. So is blood. I believe your dad hates flowers, he's an ass. Get well soon, my love."

"That's weird, who's it from?" Aimee asks.

"I honestly have no idea. The sender didn't put any name in it." I flip the card in hopes of finding some more information, but nothing.

The door abruptly opens with mom bursting in. First thing I notice is tears cascading down her cheeks. Why is she crying?

"Mom are you okay?" Brie asks.

With trembling lips, she answers. "Your dad."

Two men enters the scene, coming from mom's back. They're police, I'm certain because of their uniforms. I'm dumbfounded, what the flying fuck is happening that has the police involved?

"Sir, we found Mr. Hall." The older looking one reports. I sigh in relief with the good news, finally.

"He's okay? Thank God." Brie chuckles.

The two cops share nervous glances. Shit, I think there is more than what it seems. They both stay silent for a while, appearing quite unsure whether to speak up or not.

"Spill it," I say.

"Mr. Hall was found dead last night. It's not yet identified, but we think he was murdered. He had multiple stab wounds and that caused him hemorrhage." The other cop says.

I freeze in my position. He's dead. I don't know how to take the news in. I can't believe he's gone. This will take time to sink in my mind. Dad was allegedly murdered. There are so many questions running across my head, but not a single word escapes my mouth.

"We're sorry to inform you about the sudden news. But, it would help the case if you know people who are possible suspects. Do you remember anyone who your father had disputes with, or had problems with?"

With my hands still shaking and my mind still reeling, I glance at the bouquet of flowers that was sent a few minutes ago. Once again, I pick up the card attached to it and my gut feeling tells me something. I nervously gulp as I read the written words again.

"Roses are red. So is blood. I believe you dad hates flowers..."

I immediately reach for my glass of water and dip two of my fingers in it. They all peer at me weirdly, but I could care less. I just hope I'm wrong.

I am going to kill him. Yeah, I'll do that.

When my fingers are wet enough, I rub a petal with them. I gasp the moment I see the color slowly rubbing off. I watch as the petal reveals its original white color and the red faintly disappearing. My whole body weakens and I gape as I stare at my now bloody fingers.

It's his blood.

Oh my God.

Dad.

With the best that I could, I speak. "Michael."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 8.9K 34
(WARNING!: DEPRESSING CONTENT, POORLY WRITTEN: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK) "I deserve just as much pain as she gives me." He said fully meaning it and...
Mine By Kate

Romance

273K 6.9K 65
" what's wrong," he asked, fucking tears, now I have to answer him " nothing I'm fine," I said he scoffed " I didn't ask are you okay but obviously y...
6.3K 371 12
[COMPLETED] When Eli found his boyfriend having sex with his best friend, he was shattered. Tyler and Tony were the only people other than his family...
178K 6.7K 27
↞↞↞♛↠↠↠ Everyone makes at least one mistake in their life; if you don't, you're not human. I just happen to be one of those people who make a lot of...