Let The Games Begin

By megzxlaughs

Skyden Raine is attending one of the most prestigious universities in the world. Each year, they host a game... More

Prologue
Ch.1 - Let it Begin
Ch.2 - I hate you, but this compromise should do.
Ch.3 - The Tragedies of Two Dork-heads: Tyler and Me (Avery's P.O.V.)
Ch.5 - Too Much Events in a Day Sure Wear a Girl Out
Ch.6 - Dreamless Nights and a Horrific Sight

Ch.4 - I'm Surrounded by Insanity: Siblings and Best Friends.

1K 16 3
By megzxlaughs

“Spongebob is gay Av!” Tyler exclaimed, waving his arms towards the T.V.

“No he’s not! He’s a yellow sponge! And he’s fudging awesome!” Avery retorted.

“He’s a gay mofo,” he muttered under his breath, “And his best friend is a gay retard.”

“Shut up you meanie! Don’t make fun of my favorite show!” Avery cried her eyes big and wide, “You hurt my feelings!”

“Na, na, na, na, na!” Tyler stuck his tongue out at her.

I shook my head at the bickering two at the foot of my bed, my best friends; the kindergartners. The duo was fighting over an episode of Spongebob, while I sat on my bed carefully watching the two. No, I’m serious. If I don’t watch those two…they’ll probably end up flooding the dorm or something. Believe me, more chaotic things have happened.

Plop!

I frowned, what was that sound…oh! It was my ringtone, which indicated that I had received a text.

I sighed heavily and rolled over to snatch my phone from the bedside table. I slid the unlock button and tapped to the text icon.

Addiie >;]

Skydee! Wen u comin bck home? Mom nd dad miss you! So does Lexi, Nate, and mee! We hve the annual ball thing event cmin up! Blck formal this tyme! CALL ME NOOW.

I laughed; Adeline’s text slang was just too funny to read. Hey don’t judge me. I know I’m supposed to be a carefree, I-just-wanna-have-fun-college-student, but after attending university and going to all these advanced classes, lectures, term papers, and exams; I was bound to be used to proper spelling and grammar.

I stared at the screen for a few seconds, not even bothering to text back, and almost immediately her name popped up on the screen again.

“I’m sexy and I know it, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah!”

I shook my head at the ridiculous ringtone my sister picked when she was adding herself onto my contact list. It was so typical of her.

I tapped “Answer”, but before I could even utter a breath, these two hooligans jumped up on my bed. Stood up with evil grins on their faces, put their hands behind their heads, and then…oh god no. No no no no no no no no no! Those two little-

“I’m sexy and I know it! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah!” Avery and Tyler started wiggling their…lower parts, having identical perverted expressions on their faces.

“Omigod, is that Avery? Tyler too? Hi you guys!” Adeline screamed through the phone.

I silently put it on speaker and pushed the phone towards the middle of the bed.

“Hi Addie!” Tyler and Avery yelled simultaneously, refusing to stop doing “the Wiggle”. Those two…

“Omigod hi you guys!” Adeline cried excitedly.

“Addie? ADDIE! Hi!!” Avery jumped up and down excitedly, finally stopping that horrific dance. God, I was traumatized. What made it even worse was that Tyler was still “dancing”…

“I’m sexy and I – hi Addie! Where was I…oh yeah. When I’m at the beach, I’m in my speedo trying to tan my cheeks what!” he switched from that nasty dance move to the Charlie Brown, I knew it was going to turn out bad. The reason? He was on the corner of my bed…and the Charlie Brown required only one foot.

“I’m sexy and I – ow!” he toppled off the bed, but not before spinning around two times as the bedspread caught on his foot. It wrapped like a snake around his foot, causing him to spin due to his struggle, and he toppled right off.

“Gaaahhh!!!!” THUOMPH!

Avery and I just gaped at each other with our mouths opened and peered over the edge of my bed, with Tyler planted face down on the ground. Being the tall guy he was, he managed to knock over the stack of books on the bed stand, all ten of them. Did I mention they’re the university textbooks? Those were pretty heavy.

“Skyden? Avery? Tyler? What happened...” a worried voice came from my phone.

Tyler lifted his head up groaning, he turned his head around to look at us, smiled weakly and said, “I’m a pretty ballerina…” and he collapsed back down again.

I busted out into a fit of laughter. No sound came out of my mouth, and I was clutching my stomach, keeled over; Avery in a similar position as me. Not a good idea. I bended over too much and ended up flipping off the bed. Seeing as Avery’s bed and my bed were only a foot away from one another and I was taller than that, things didn’t turn out well.

I felt myself tumbling through the air; everything seemed to be in slow motion. Whoa, matrix! Then suddenly, reality caught up with me and I found myself falling. My legs were dropped onto Avery’s bed and my head hit against my bed; causing the middle part of my body to dip down into the small space between the beds.

I heard Avery start banging on the bed, causing vibrations to rumble through it, and her screaming out, “Too much! Too much! Ha ha!”

“Hello? What the hell is going on?! Hello?” Adeline spoke from the phone, sounding amused.

We continued laughing, well, in my case, choking. Having your back dipping down is very uncomfortable.

I got the last of my laughs out, and wiped my eyes. Tears accumulating on my hand, yup, it was that funny.

I heaved myself up onto the bed, Avery and Tyler still laughing their asses off.

I picked up the phone, taking a deep breath and letting it out. I shuddered a bit, a few last laughs escaping out in my breath.

“Hello?” I smiled.

“Hello, psycho.”

I chuckled, “Hey sis.”

“Finally! You actually talk to me! Even when I call you, I still can’t even talk to you! But now I am! Thank you God!!” Adeline cried out.

“Well sorry! University is tough.”

“Yeah it – wait. Lexi…what are you doing. No, no, NO! Don’t you dare join her Nate! Hey! No! Give me! No, no, no!” Adeline rambled. I quirked an eyebrow, what was going on?

“Hi Skydee!” two new voices chorused simultaneously.

“Wow you guys,” I shook my head, even though they can’t see, “You really had to steal the phone from Adeline?”

“Yessiree!” Lexi and Nate sang, I could practically hear their skin stretch as they grinned. How do I know? Duh, they’re my siblings.

I was the youngest of four; Adeline was older by a year, Lexi older by two, and Nate older by 4. Which means Adeline was twenty-one, Lexi twenty-two, and Nate twenty-four.

“So, what’s up sis?” Lexi asked just the same time as Nate asked-

“Are you dating anyone?!” while Adeline in the background was screaming-

“Give me back my phone! Oi! You two loafs!”

My smile slipped off my face as Nate asked if I was dating anyone, Nate is extremely protective of all of us. If a boy comes even a foot near us while he’s around, he’ll punch their nose.

“Umm….”

“Wait, so you have a boyfriend?! WHO IS THE LITTLE-“

“Shut up Nate!”

“-and after his eyes are poked up, I’ll chop his balls off!”

“NATE!”

“WHAT?!”

“I’m in the games!”

On the count of-

One.

Two.

Three.

“WHAT?!?!?!??!” all my siblings screamed, nearly blowing up my eardrums.

“With who?!” Lexi demanded.

“Where’s the professor? I’m going to give him a piece of my mind for choosing MY little sister to put in the stupid, idiotic games!” Nate roared. See? Protective, and that’s not even a quarter of it!

I stayed silent as they continued to scream, exclaim, cuss, and complain. They always treat me like a baby, well; to them I am their baby sister.

“Well? Who is it?!” Adeline asked angrily. They all know about the games, even though they all went to universities. Actually, everyone knows about the games.

I didn’t reply.

“Skyden?”

“Skydee?”

“Skydenalen?”

“Logan.”

“What’d you say? I think I heard you wrong, you said you got paired with a Logan?” they asked.

“Yeah.”

“Ha, that’s funny. That’s Logan’s name.” Adeline mused, “Must be pretty funny to bear with someone that has the same name as the one you hate.”

“I guess it’s pretty darn funny to you then that I’m not paired with someone NAMED Logan.”

“Wait…what are you saying Sky?” Lexi asked worriedly.

I sucked in a huge breath as I was about to unleash the most unexpected news in history.

“I got paired with Logan, my childhood enemy.”

Silence.

I frowned; I clicked the button on the phone, that’s weird. The call was still going on.

“Hello?”

“HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA! OMIGOD! YOU- YOU- YOU- HAHAHAHAA!”

“You’re in deep shit now!” I heard one of my siblings choked out, before falling back into laughter.

I sighed and flopped myself down on the bed, at the foot of my bed, I heard Avery and Tyler giggling.

I sighed again, I am surrounded by hooligans.

I guess I’m one too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E

Hehe, so you finally met her siblings. A better introduction probably next chapter...and sorry for not uploading! Teachers love to pile loads and loads of homework >.< This is a crappy chapter, but hey, at least it's something right? I'll probably edit it later. Anywho, i'll start uploading...two times a week? Next year though...which is coming in about two weeks! :D That's going to be my New Year's Resolution...at least one of them! I hope you enjoyed...and thanks for reading! :D

--------------------------------> The Raine Siblings Slideshow to the right over there! :D

COMIKEDDFAN!

You know what that means ;D

© megzxlaughs

All Rights Reserved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 177 22
Candice Rhyes has a secret. A secret that nobody knows except for her. A secret that made her who she is today. Broken and afraid. She made a promise...
279 8 4
Meet Emma Rodriguez. Also known as the 'bad girl.' The girl everyone fears. Hell, even the teachers are afraid of her. She cares about nothing, only...
133K 3.7K 97
************ I opened my locker but realized something was wrong the minute I looked inside it. Something like paint splashed in my face and on my c...
4.3M 100K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...