Legacy: Betrayals (Story 2)

ShotGunChristian tarafından

Daha Fazla

Legacy: Betrayals (Chapter Two)
Legacy: Beytrals (Chapter Three)
Legacy: Betrayals (Chapter Four)
Legacy: Betrayals (Chapter Five)

Legacy: Betrayals (Bk 2) Prologue, Chapter 1

1.7K 11 9
ShotGunChristian tarafından

Excited? It's the prologue AND the first chapter, even before exams are over!! I was just reading soem stories, taking a break from homework, and i got inspiration :D Here it is guys!! Legacy's Sequel!! Ahh! I'm so excited! My first sequel!

Enjoy :D:D:D

Prologue

As he dragged me behind him I cried out, struggling to break his iron grip.

"Let go of me you jerk!" I screeched, trying to pull my arm away from him uselessly.

"Sorry Princess, orders are orders. I've got no choice."

"Who ordered you?" I asked bitterly, planting my heels deep onto the ground.

He looked at me earnestly, a sickening regret in his eyes.

"The boss."

A quick yank caught me off guard and we were walking again, me stumbling along beside him.

"Who sent you," I asked unnecessarily, struggling in vain. I was pretty sure I knew who he was talking about though. His boss, the man my parents loathed, who's death was probably worth more then mine, the man who was the cause of all my problems-in my mind anyway. A chill went up my spine as an unbidden thought crossed my mind.

If he really was the one who wanted me, my chances of making it out of this alive have just gone down drastically.

"His name," he said, yanking my arm again to keep me going, "is Aaron."

I

I walked into the room-well, more like stormed-and plopped down on Cade's bed, sighing loudly.

He glanced up from the book he was reading, raising a quizzical eyebrow.

"I don't want to talk about it," I answered his unasked question. Flopping back on his bed, I tried to to push my frustration away. I closed my eyes, taking deep breathes, trying to clear my head. Unsuccessful, I let out another sigh.

"Are you-"

"Yes."

A few more minutes passed in silence and I let out another sigh.

"Okay," he said finally, marking his place and putting the book on the end table. "What happened?"

"My parents happened," I answered, despite my previous statements about not wanting to talk about it. Cade knew me well, and knew I didn't mean it when it I said those kind of things, but was just making sure the person I was talking to cared enough to pursue the conversation anyway.

"What this time?" He asked, used to my rants about my parents. I loved them and all, but sometimes being the daughter of royalty was a royal pain, especially my parents kind of royalty. My father was the vampire king, my mother the human ambassador and queen. They were legendary. I've heard the stories, how my mom used to be a hunter and my father a ruthless vampire, and how they despised each other, which i found difficult to believe. My parents were in love, it was clear in everything they did, and I couldn't picture their gazes locked with hate in their eyes, i just couldn't.

And as if being the daughter of such legacies wasn't enough, there was the little matter of finding a mate/husband and getting ready to take over the vampire throne. My parents were totally stressing about the fact that I couldn't find a suitable guy, and about how my grades had started slipping, and the fact that I had been caught sneaking out last night (not like i was doing anything bad, I just wanted alone time without the plethora of guards). So, i was now officially grounded. Me, a vampire princess, daughter of two legends, grounded. I wish my life was more like those books Cade was always reading, romantic lovers and carefree parents, everything always turning out perfect in the end.

And as if the parental smack down wasn't enough, i just had to stumble upon my almost-boyfriend Mackenzie macking on some other blond-haired slut. I wasn't exactly heart-broken about Mac cheating on me-it's not like I loved the dude-but it still hurt that apparently i wasn't enough to hold his attention. I was seriously ready to give up on guys soon. I had yet to find a guy even close to as perfect as those in the stories. Why couldn't every guy be chivalrous and ready to sweep someone off their feet with romantic words and candlelight dinners? Okay, so maybe that was a little unrealistic, but holding the door open for me and not making out with other girls? Is that so hard to do? Am I asking for the impossible?

"I'm grounded," I told Cade, explaining the sneaking out and the grades. His lips tightened a bit at the sneaking out part, but i didn't allow him to continue. I knew how he felt about my moments of recklessness, but being protected and sheltered my whole life has lead me to yearn for rebellion and danger, sneaking out was nothing compared to my need for recklessness. Cade didn't seem to understand that, or he was just to sensible to let himself understand it, but either way I had learned it was useless to try to change his mind. "And Mac was having a nice time playing tonsil hockey. But not with my tonsils." I gave a fake cheery smile and Cade winced.

"Dick," he muttered, causing me to laugh.

"Yeah, I know."

"If you know he's a dick, why'd you go out with him?" He had a good point, but i glared at him nonetheless.

"It's a logical question Sadie. You always go out with the bad guys, and then, surprise surprise, they

turn out to be jerks."

"Okay, first," I began, "in my defense, me and Mac weren't technically going out yet, so he wasn't my boyfriend."

He gave me a look and i shrugged, a smile forming on my face. "Just saying."

"Well anyway, you guys were a few days away from couple hood, so it still counts. Y'know, avoiding questions isn't becoming of a princess."

His eyes were filled with a playful gleam so i let the princess gibe pass.

"I don't know why," I answered honestly, sighing. "I guess I just... I like the idea of dating a bad boy, and of him changing because of his love for me. It's the hopeless romantic in me. Yeah, i know, I'm pathetic."

"No, no you're not," Cade said, the teasing gleam still in his eyes, but he tried to conceal it. "You're just a girl."

"Hey!" I cried, punching his arm. "Take that back!"

"That your a girl?" he asked, his eyebrows scrunched together. "I hate to break it to you Sade but-"

"Not that loser," I said, snorting. "I don't act that girly, do i?"

"Not at all. In fact, the guys consider you one of them."

I raised my eyebrow. "One of them? So now I act manly?"

"No! No!" he cried, panic in his eyes. "You're not manly at all, in fact your body is the opposite... I mean you have... You're... very feminine... with the curves and...."

I laughed at his crimson cheeks.

"Okay, obviously I'm never going to find the right answer, so can we please change the subject?"

I thought about it for a second, teasing him, before nodding. "So what book are you reading now?"

He picked up the book, displaying the tittle, and i snorted. It was Christopher Pike's book Thirst, a story about vampires. He had a weird fascination with old fantasy books from before vampires were known to be real, books that were written about characters that the author had no idea were really lurking about in the shadows. It was an odd fascination for a half human half vampire, and he'd never explained to me why exactly he liked it so much.

"Hows it going?"

"It's pretty good, actually. You should see the authors idea's of vampires..."

And so Cade went on, explaining the story to me, and i relaxed a bit, listening to his familiar voice drone on. Eventually I closed my eyes, letting my frustration go. Cade stopped talking about his story, moving the conversation to light, random things.

Eventually I drifted off peacefully curled up with him, completely at ease.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo.......... Did you guys like it?????? Can you guess who Cade is? i wonder how obvious it is, or if I'll have to put it in the next chapter... Uh, I hope you guys know who Sadie is :P I was going to go with Karma as her name, but I didn't like the short form, Karm. Then it was Layla, but that reminded me of Faeries. lol, Im so picky. I figured Sadie was a good half vamp half human heirs name. Anyways, Im not going to babble, tell me what you guys think vvv :D Thanks for sticking with me and continuing to read :D

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

274K 7.9K 134
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
168K 3.9K 63
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
26K 44 10
just a bunch of random one-shots of smutt🤭
81.8K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...