One Sided Love ➵ Carl Grimes...

Av KingMuhkenzi

Carl Grimes always seemed to struggle with confidence after having his eye shot out, no one seems to want to... Mer

c a s t
I. ➵ moonlight
II. ➵ trees
IV. ➵ fireflies
V. ➵ the real world
VI. ➵ bravado
VII. ➵ roman holiday
VIII. ➵ is this happiness
IX. ➵ naturally
X. ➵ secret (shh)
XI. ➵ wildfire
XII. ➵ alone with me
XIII. ➵ all hands on deck
XIV. ➵ pretty in pink
XV. ➵ diamond eyes
XVI. ➵ water under the bridge
XVII. ➵ we won't
XVIII. ➵ drive
XIX. ➵ head over feet
XX. ➵ ladder song
XXI. ➵ goddess
XXII. ➵ i wanna be sedated
XXIII. ➵ pieces of me
XXIV. ➵ disaster

III. ➵ what the hell

3.1K 114 24
Av KingMuhkenzi

May 15
(Morning)

Amazing, absolutely amazing.

Ask me how I feel about this community, come on, ask me.

If you do, I'm gonna say it's amazing. The livelihood here is insane! There's such a big population! I haven't seen anything like this since the Warhead Syndicate Bunker that papa ran before we found the warehouse.

I'll be honest with you, I really liked this place... a lot more than I did the warehouse. It was cozy here, there's was a friendly aura everywhere and they seemed to have their stuff together.

Where I'm forced to stay is frustrating, the aura sucks, and half of the time-- papa can't even play nice.

My gut was telling me to stay clear of this place, but I thought, what the hell? I need some time to mess around and not really care if people like it or not... even though I really am gonna care what they do and do not like because I'm a sensitive little boy who has a father that'll beat his ass in a heartbeat.

I was walking up the gravel road when I heard a very loud moo. I figured that maybe I was just hearing things because... I mean it's not uncommon to go insane in the apocalypse, but then I heard snorts and clucks.

There were freakin' cows, pigs, and chickens right next to me! I hadn't seen any of those animals in god knows how long! They were so cute and fat and I wanted to give them all hugs!

One of the cows was up at the fence and I couldn't help but walk over there. I checked both ways and slowly drug my feet towards it, sticking my hand out to rub his forehead.

I recognised a muscular man walking around the perimeter continuously and I began to get scared. I thought they were onto me, I thought I was going to die for intruding.

It was that handsome man from earlier! The one who was talking to that Yumiko woman and that man with one hand!

I thought I was screwed, I really did, I thought my ass was going to get busted, but he just sent a soft smile my way raised two of his fingers up for a lazy wave.

The side of my mouth twitches into a grin and I take my hand away from the cow, wiping the dirt from his face on my jeans.

There seemed to be a crowd near a big tent, and I wanted to see what was going on. Standing in the shadows is that I was going to do, but it didn't matter as long as I got a quick look.

There was four teenage boys, a very pretty Hispanic woman, an older man, a teenage girl, and then red headed brute all lines up at a table full of food. It looked like fruit and meat, but I couldn't exactly see past the ginger's muscular body.

'Usually when people are hungry, they go get a plate instead of standing there with their stomach growling'
I hear a cheeky voice behind me, making me jump. It was soft and cheerful, but my gracious, it scared the hell out of me!

'O-oh, I-I'm not hungry, ma'am-- I was just... I was just watching the smiles on their faces'
I lie, face already turning a bright red as my palms begin to sweat profusely.

She grins, putting a hand on her hip.
'Everyone's favourite part of the day'

I let out a nervous chuckle, I felt like I was gonna throw up, I didn't handle socialising very well.
'T-They look... really happy'

'Oh yeah'
She nods.
'I don't believe we've met-- I'm Yumiko!'

'H-Hi, ma'am'

'I'm new, so I feel a little shy around the big groups of people sometimes'
A giggle escapes her mouth.

'I-I understand that, I'm the same way'
I nod faster and more than I should've, I just knew I had to get out of there!

'I hope to see you around!'

'Definitely!'

Stumbling backwards, I quickly walk back towards the animals, biting roughly on my thumbnail.

I'm screwed, I'm screwed.

I missed papa, and I was starting to feel sick without him. Even though it may be unbelievable, he's sort of my safety blanket and I don't like to be away from him for long periods of time-- but I couldn't resist this community!

My fingers tap the side of my leg as I take a seat down against one of the small trees inside the walls.

I wasn't sure what to do, end my adventure and go back home or stay here for as long as possible to escape from home? I'm sure papa is extremely livid about me being gone, but I just wanted to have a little bit of fun.

He can be so mean sometimes and it honestly puts me down more than I already am. My self-esteem sucks and he can just make it worse at times. I love him to death, obviously, but I needed a break for a while.

My other thought was how I was planning on fitting in if I decided to stay. The doubt the leader believes I would just appear without any baggage. I can't just say i haven't seen them around because that would seem funny, it would raises eyebrows, and people would start asking questions... which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Am I sticking out like a sore thumb? Can people actually tell that I do not belong here?

I feel so guilty, but I don't want to. I wanted to be like normal teenagers and be able to do stuff without feeling as if I'm gonna throw up, balling my eyes out as I do so.

On the contrary, I did run away and I've never done that before. I did this to myself, and though I was sort of having a blast, it probably wouldn't hurt to actually go home now.

I did look over my shoulder and glance at the size of the walls, but that's all I did. Standing up, I slowly begin walk the loop past all the houses.

They were pretty, I'm not gonna lie. The size of them all... my gracious, they're pretty big! They also had a pretty impressive level of livelihood. I was expecting dirty old houses with veins spread out over them, but they were clean, which was very pleasing to my OCD.

Everyone actually looked happy to be alive, which is really weird because of our current situation.

How do you know when it's okay to start being a family again? If someone could let me know, that would be great, because papa obviously never got the memo.

I just don't get how you can go back to being normal people. There is literally one of the most unrealistic things in the world sprawled out across the globe! Excuse me for being a little negative about it all, but I'm honestly scared every single second of the day because of all the lame brains.

On top of that, papa can be super careless-- I mean, extremely careless most of the time. It scares me that he's so capable of destroying everything someone has. You don't get to walk onto someone's land, steal every single thing they've got, kill most of them, and then walk away with a sly smirk.

You also cannot start a war with every group of survivors that you see! The fact that I've had to fear for the live of people six times in the past two months scares me! Papa is scary!-- Terrifying!

I don't know if I'm supposed to think that about him, but I do most of the time. Though, there are others time when I think he's one of the best people in the world, and that can also be a little nerve wrecking at times. He's family, the only family I'll ever have, and I obviously love him with all my heart, but I just don't know if I'm supposed to find him charming or repulsive.

I was too into my thoughts that I didn't even realize I was circling around the lake in the middle of this community. Probably looking like an idiot, my eyes glance around me to make sure no one's watching before I take a seat on the green grass and put my arms on my knees, laying my chin on them afterwards.

Going home is my best bet, I don't belong here.

The people were nice, the neighbourhood was in tact, but I was the kitten in a group of lions here. It's seriously like a dream come true, it just wasn't something that could be a reality for me.

'You're in my spot, kid'
A grown man raises his eyebrows at me, walking my way.

'Oh, I-I'll move, I'm sorry'

'Don't stress it'
He shrugs, sitting down next to me before nodding his head.
'Hey'

'Hi'

'You look pale, did you see a ghost? Am I on the property of spirits?'

I let out an awful nervous chuckle, it was literally one of the worst things that's ever come out of my mouth.
'N-No, I was just thinking about things'

'Okay, I get it'
He grins.
'First time in a big community, huh?'

'Pretty much'

'You all alone?'

Oh no, what do I say? I'm only alone because I ran away from my papa? I'm not gonna go through all that and then have to explain myself, looking like an idiot while doing so.
'Yeah'

'Cheer up, kid'
He says, nudging my arm with his elbow.
'Life does get better here'

'I'm hoping so...'

'I'm Connor, it was nice to meet you but I've got a date with a ham sandwich and I would rather not have it stolen by hormonal sixteen year old boys'

'I-I understand'

'See you around'

'See ya'

Second encounter. Okay, it wasn't too bad, but my social skills are obviously lower than plant life. He was nice, like Yumiko, but I feel bad for lying to them both. I don't go here, I'm not a citizen of whatever the hell this place is called.

Usually, I would've turned back by now-- but there was something pulling me in. I wasn't quite sure if it was the fact that there were animals here, the fact that there was more than 30 people here, or the fact that it simply was a cold warehouse.

They seemed to have their stuff together here, I mean just look at them! Plants, animals, electricity, there's literally running water-- honestly, such a dream.

The jealously was real, I wanted to be these people so bad. They seem all angelic and perfect and happy... I'm just sad and awkward and nervous.

I started walking around again. It was a big place, like pretty pretty big! I was almost afraid that I'd get lost, but maybe that would've been best so something else could flood my brain.

There were kids my age in a group talking about whatever boys talk about. Three of them, almost a frightening aura coming from them. They were obviously running an evil game without their parents finding out. I'm sure they thought they were sweet, but I saw it differently.

I liked the diversity here. There was room for everyone! All ages, both genders, any and every race! I liked it, it was comforting.

My thumbs fiddle around each other as I continue walking on the gravel road. I found it weird that everyone was calm, they were just going about their lives, which I didn't really understand, but it's whatever.

My boys chuckle and I immediately started blushing and got nervous, I felt like they were laughing at me. I thought they found me funny.

I highly doubt it because it seemed like they were minding their own business, but I don't really know. They looked devious and I'm sure they were pointing out all my flaws, not very nice at all.

I looked down at the ground as I walked, not really wanting to look at everyone. My throat was getting tight and my palms were beginning to sweat, it was definitely time to go. That was my body's way of letting me know that this game was over, I needed to leave immediately.

I tried speeding up my legs, but they seemed to move at the same pace-- I don't think they were because that would've just been weird, but I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere at all.

I felt a hard impact slam against my chest before I'm barely able to keep myself from stumbling back. My head shoots up and my eyes land on a boy.

He was probably my age and had a grumpy expression on his face. He looked like he was having a bad day, and I think I had made it worse.

'I-I-I'm so sorry!'

'Chill, it's fine'
He shrugs, furrowing his eyebrows at me.
'You should start walking with your head up though'

I gulp, it was probably loud and that was embarrassing, but I felt like he saw right through my act.

'Well, this is weird because-'
He chuckles.
'I don't think I've ever seen you before and yet I know almost every single person in Alexandria'

'I-I need to go'

'Wait-'
He says, trying to grab my arm but I stumble back and shake my head back and forth continuously.

'N-no, no! I need to go- I-I'm sorry!'

My legs were moving so fast, faster than I thought was possible-- but that was a good thing! I was able to get away.

'My name is Carl, by the way!'
He shouts behind me, a confused tone to his voice.

He had a different aura than the others and he was just overall unique.

That eyepatch was pretty cute on him, too.

Hi, there! Carl is here finally!

Okay, so, I would love to know how you guys feel about this because feedback makes it a lot easier to write! If you think I should add in a certain plot, a certain character, or simply have an idea for anything-- you should let me know!

In my other Carl stories, I accepted a few characters that my readers made up and I put them in here-- so if you'd like your own, comment any information I'll need and let me know which group you'd like to be in. (The Whisperers, The Saviors, Rick's Group, or literally just your own)

I've decided to make Kimiko Glenn be the face claim for Yumiko, I think she's a good fit! (And their names are similar, so that's pretty cool too!)

Thank you for reading, I greatly appreciate it.
I love you all!
Hudson ♥

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

75.7K 1.8K 25
(BoyxBoy Material) (Gay Carl Grimes) Layne Huntington finds himself on a scaffolding , looking out to what used to be a dreamy world . As the gloomin...
8K 167 86
She needed to be saved and she didn't know it until she met the blue-eyed boy, who drew stars around her scars. Trigger warnings can be found the Sea...
9.2K 225 12
Carl Grimes is a good kid with a good heart. The apocalypse is no place to grow up. Carl had a good group of people with him the whole way. What if h...
7.3K 418 25
(BoyxBoy Material) (Gay Carl Grimes) Two and a half years after the hurricane devastation, things keep getting worse right as they seem to be getting...