All In My Head | Issac Lahey...

By cherriasian

{Book One} "I can be good, I can be true. You know I don't love anyone, but I love you." - Chapel ' Nicole Do... More

Mishaps and The Unexplainable
Girls Can't Play
Not How I Expected To Walk Home
Just Another Casual Lacrosse Practice
You're Okay
I Know What You're Feeling
Ice Skating & Ice Hurting
The Game
Ignore, Ignore, and... Ignore.
This'll Be Fun
Stuck In The Middle Of Friendship
Finally Working Together
I Like This Type Of Isaac
Panic
It's Over
REMASTERING THIS?
NEW ISAAC LAHEY FANFICTION

Raving and Saving

4.8K 115 85
By cherriasian

Chapter Thirteen - Brick By Boring Brick by Paramore

"It's all about the exposure, the lens I told her."

   Katherine was currently at the pet clinic with Scott, waiting for Derek to show. Watching Scott open the door, Derek and Isaac entered. "What's he doing here?" Scott asked as they walked in.

   "I need him." Derek answered, not looking at Scott.

   "I don't trust him." Scott said.

   "Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either." Isaac responded.

   Katherine sighed, folding her arms, leaning against the door way in front of the three. "You know what? And Derek really doesn't care." Derek informed, making Katherine snicker.

   "And Katherine is getting annoyed by the constant arguing you guys can't stop." She added, the three looking at her. "You know this is a fun game we just started, more fun than arguing, you know?"

   "Now where's the vet? Is he going to help us or not?" Derek asked.  

   "That depends." Deaton interrupted, appearing into view. "Your friend, Jackson.
Are we planning to kill him or save him?" he asked.

   "Kill him." Derek said, but at the same Scott said, "Save him."

   "Save him." Katherine confirmed, after looking at the two.

   Derek looked at her skeptical, "Save him." she confirmed again. "Case closed, Derek."

   The four entered the room, exiting the waiting room. Standing in front of the medical table, Deaton returned with a box of what looks like powder inside each vial.

   Isaac looked down at the vials, reaching out to touch them, until Derek grabbed his arm. "Watch what you touch." he said.

   "So what are you?" Isaac asked, looking at what was laying out in front of him. "Some kind of witch?" 

   "No, I'm a veterinarian." Deaton answered, examining the vials. "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

   "We're open to suggestions." Derek said.

   "What about an effective offense?" Isaac suggested. 

   "No, we already tried." Derek stated, "I nearly took its head off. And Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up."

   "Has it shown any weaknesses?" Deaton asked.

   "Well, one it can't swim." Derek answered. 

   "Does that go for Jackson as well?"

   Scott then spoke, "No. He's the captain of the swim team."

   Deaton looked back at Derek, "Essentially, you're trying to catch two people." Just then, he turned back and had rummaged through one of the drawers. "A puppet." he said, then held up some kind of display of demonstration to get the idea into all of their heads. "And a puppeteer." Deaton placed down the display. " One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?" 

   "I don't think Jackson could do it." Katherine spoke, remembering that she only saw a glimpse of his memories one day. " His mother died pregnant too, and she was maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else."

   "How do you know it's not part of the rules?" Isaac questioned. "The kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies too."

   "Does that mean your father was a murderer?" Scott asked. 

   "Wouldn't surprise me if he was." Isaac answered.

   "Hold on." Deaton interrupted. "The book says they're bonded, right? What if the fear of water isn't coming from Jackson, but from the person controlling him?" he then took one of the vials from the various ones of them and opened it. "What if something that affects the kanima also affects its master?" Deaton then sprinkled what was in the vial around the display. 

   "Meaning what?"  

   "Meaning we can catch them. Both of them."

   Katherine nodded, "Can Katherine, you know, perhaps do something to them after we catch them? Because Katherine just really is tired of all of this. To be real, Katherine is tired of everything."

***

   The door slammed, when Katherine entered the boys locker room, jumping slightly. "Anybody tell me where the hell Jackson is and why he missed morning practice?" 

   Katherine walked over to Scott and Stiles, "I thought I told you to keep an eye on him." Stiles whispered.

   "Stilinski! Jackson?" coach yelled. 

    "Sorry, coach, I haven't seen him since the last time I saw him." Stiles answered, and Katherine rolled her eyes. 

    "Oh, and when was that?" coach asked. 

   "Last time I saw him was definitely the time I saw him last."

   "Danny, tell Jackson no missing practice this close to the championships, okay?" coach said.

   "Sure, coach." Danny responded.

   "That goes for all of you." coach announced, "I should be coaching college." Katherine heard him mutter, before closing the door. 

   "Sorry, but I only got two myself." Danny explained, Katherine turning towards her friends.

   "What do you even have a date, man?" Stiles asked. 

   "I'm working on it."

   "Okay, okay. Hear me out." Katherine sighed from Stiles's reasoning. "You give us the tickets, and you devote your life to abstinence. And just-" 

   Stiles was cut off, Katherine turned to er side to see Isaac holding both of her friends. "How do you two losers even survive?"Isaac asked. 

   "What are we supposed to do? No one's even selling." Scott said.

   Katherine looked around the locker room, noticing basically everyone had tickets. Thinking, she remembered how hormonal teenage boys can be, and that one time where the opposing team thought she as hot, so maybe her plan could work, but then again she wasn't really a flirty type. Looking around once again, she saw one of the tickets sticking out of a bag, without anyone noticing but her friends, she used her powers to bring it flying towards her. Quickly snatching it, she realized she didn't have anywhere to put it, so she swiftly stuffed it in her bra. 

   Katherine knew that stuffing anything her bra was weird, so she knew why her friends were staring at her, "Girls stuff a lot of junk in their bra, don't judge me."

***

   Katherine pulled at her dress from the bottom, trying to make it go lower. It was the only dress she could find that spoke 'Sexy', so she hoped it wasn't too much or ugly, but then again she had Lydia and Allison give her opinions about what dresses she should and should not wear. She had already told her aunt that she was hanging out with her so called "friend" because her "friend" had just gone through a break up, and that she was trying to help her get her mind off things. Somehow, her aunt believed her. Walking down from the stairs, she made sure she had her phone and keys, which she did. 

   Her phone's screen lit up. Looking down it was a text from Stiles, saying that he was already parked outside in front of her house with Scott. Looking down from her phone she opened her front door, stepping out, and closing it. Walking towards Stiles's Jeep, she was opening the door to the backseat, revealing Stiles looking at her with wide eyes. 

   "What are you wearing?" he asked.

   "Clothes?" Katherine answered confused, sitting in the back seat, buckling her seat belt. "Oh, you know, probably Gucci." she said sarcastically. 

   The ride was silent, which seemed weird for Katherine, it made her feel quite awkward, especially in the dress she was wearing.  

   "You okay?" Scott asked once they've gotten out of the car to go grab something in the trunk.  

   Stiles turned back, "Yeah, why?" 

   "You just didn't say anything the whole way here." Katherine pointed out.

   "No, I'm fine." Stiles reassured, "Let's grab the other bag."

   "We can't." Scott said, before Katherine did. "Remember Deaton said you have to do it alone.

   "Okay, this plan is really starting to suck." 

   "No. Not here, not now." Katherine heard Scott say, and then started running off, Katherine following.

   "What? Scott! What am I supposed to plan officially sucks."

***

   "Why me?" Isaac asked, while the three were currently discussing the plan.

   "Because we got to make sure that Argent doesn't completely ruin the plan."

   "Okay, look, you better do it intravenously which means in the vein." Scott explained to Isaac. "When you find him, you pull back on this plunger right here. In the neck probably is going to be the easiest."

   "So you find a vein, you jam it in there, and pull back on the trigger." Katherine added.

   "Be careful." Scott reminded.

   Isaac chuckled, "Oh, I doubt it'll even slightly hurt him."

   "No, I mean both of you. I don't want you two to get hurt." Scott said in a serious tone, before walking off. 

   "What's the plan?" Isaac asked, inspecting the needle, while Katherine was looking for Jackson. She can practically feel his eyes staring at her from behind. 

   "Well, we have to get close to him, so to blend in with the gigantic group in front of us, we need to dance. Very close." Katherine explained, crossing her arms over her chest, turning around.

   "You sure this is going to work?" he asked.

   Katherine looked at him, "Have you seen me in this dress?" she asked, looking down at the red dress that she picked from the day before.

   Isaac looked down at her, then back up, inhaling. "Trust me, I've seen you in the, uh, dress." Isaac said, trying to look away, making Katherine laugh. 

   "Plus, I think I know how to act and dance." she added, grabbing his arm quickly, leading him through the crowd, then spotting Jackson, but then stopping, thinking through what she was about to do. 

   She turned back around to Isaac, letting go of his arm. "You know, I don't think I should do this."

   "What? Why?"

   "Well, first off, I'm not hot, I mean you should let Erica do this." Katherine admitted. 

    Isaac looked down at her confused, with his mouth slightly open, "Have you not seen yourself in that dress?" he asked, asking the same question she asked him.

   "Yeah, it's not pretty."

   "Well, I think you're hot."

   Katherine looked up at Isaac who was slightly smiling and smirking at the same time. She felt a little tingle from inside, and her heart banging against her chest violently, her hands feeling numb, so she had to ball them up in a fist. "Good confidence booster. But in all seriousness though, I'm not the hottest girl in this room."

   "You're the hottest in every room you enter."

   Katherine quickly looked up from the ground, "What?" she asked, confused. "You know what? Never mind, just go find Erica. I'll be watching in case something happens."

   Before heading off, she backed up, "Don't die on me, Isaac." she said, then walked off.

   Standing afar in a crowd of dancing and chaotic teenagers, didn't really block her view of Isaac, Erica, and Jackson. Seeing Isaac basically dance on her made her a little bit uncomfortable, but then again she knew she would probably trip and die if she did try to dance.

   Looking around for just a few seconds, she turned back around to face towards the direction of the three. Only to find Jackson on the move. Reacting quickly Katherine pushed past people, running over Erica and Isaac's body to grab the needle. Picking up the needle after running past it, she jogged over to Jackson and aimed the needle at his neck, pushing back against the trigger, only to have him fall against her, until Isaac came from behind her and took him.

   The three took Jackson to a place that they had stumbled upon which was empty and hidden from the the rest. Isaac placed him in the chair, and Katherine was sure to keep her eye on him this time. 

   Hearing the door open, Katherine was just about to close it, until Stiles appeared, "Uh, no, no, no! Just me, it's just me. Don't freak." Stiles said, "Is he okay?" 

   "Well let's find out." Isaac then pulled out his claws, stepping forward in front of Jackson. 

   About to shove those claws against Jackson, Katherine spoke. "Isaac, I don't think th-"

   Just then Jackson grabbed his arm, gripping and twisting it until Katherine tried to move Jackson's hand with her powers, Isaac steeping back into Katherine when it had work. "Oh, wow." Katherine muttered,  taking Isaac's hand and examining it, until the marks had disappeared. 

   Isaac looked up at Katherine his mouth slightly open. Confused, Katherine spoke, "What?" she asked, completely oblivious. 

   About to speak Stiles had cut him off, "Okay, no one does anything like that again, okay?" 

   "Oh, I thought the ketamine was supposed to put him out." 

   "Yeah, well, apparently this is all we're going to get. So let's just hope that whoever's controlling him just decided to show up tonight." Erica nodded.

   "I'm here. I'm right here with you."

   The three looked up at Jackson to see him with no longer eyes closed. Stiles walked up in front of Jackson, crouching in front of him. Which Katherine thought was again another bad idea. "Jackson, is that you?" 

   "Us. We're all here." 

   Stiles looked back, and Katherine shrugged her shoulders not understanding what that meant as well. "Are you the one killing people?" 

   "We are the ones killing murderers."

   "So all the people you've killed so far-" 

   "Deserved it." Jackson, or whoever was controlling Jackson finished.

   "So we got a little rule book that says you only go after murderers." Stiles explained. 

   "Anything can break if enough pressure's applied."

   "All right, so the people you're killing are all murderers then?" Stiles asked.

   "All. Each. Every one." Whoever's controlling Jackson said slowly.

   "Well, who did they murder?" 

   "Me."

   So whoever's controlling Jackson murdered people who have tried to actually kill him , the controller is still alive?  

   "Wait, what? What do you mean?" 

   "They murdered me." he repeated. Isaac and Katherine stood up, moving close to the door when noticing Jackson's eyes. "They murdered me."

   Stiles backed up, all of them noticing that Jackson was now turning into the fully formed kanima. " More ketamine. The man needs ketamine. Come on."

   "We don't have any more." Isaac said, holding up the empty bottle.

   Stiles closed his eyes, sighing, "You used the whole bottle?" he asked, taking it from Isaac's hand, then throwing it on the floor.

   Jackson then stood up from the chair, screeching and snarling at a high pitch. "Um okay, out, everybody out. Go, go, go, go."

   The three ran out of the door, shutting it and slamming into it to close it. "Okay, find something to move in front of the door." But Jackson had jumped out of the wall.

   "Oh, I honestly love raving you guys!" Katherine yelled, running away from the door, splitting ways with Isaac and Erica, Stiles following her outside. Only to bump against the force field, which made her stumbled backwards, Stiles the only one moving across it.

   "Hey, um, so we kind of lost Jackson inside, but it's..." Stiles then noticed Katherine, Isaac, and Erica standing behind the dust. "Oh, my God, it's working! I did something."

   Standing still, and closing her eyes, Katherine sensed someone was in trouble, and she knew Derek did too. "Stiles break that barrier now!" she yelled, before running inside, now knowing that Scott was the one in trouble. 

   Running into a small room, she heard Derek behind her. Turning around, she spotted Allison's mother right in front of her stabbing a knife into Derek's back. Katherine knew Derek can handle her, so Katherine crouched down next to Scott lifting him up without doing much. Katherine turned, noticing Allison's mother no longer there, and Derek signalling her to let him carry Scott.

   Yeah, totally freaking love raving.

Author's Note

FOUR MORE CHAPTERS LEFT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

806K 22K 30
For Carson Bradley, Stiles Stilinski, and Scott McCall, they were used to having a Plan B. This time, however, they were merely pawns in a far more d...
2.7K 176 7
i go back to you, back to you, every time EVERY TIME | JOHN B the last thing juliette matthews needs is to get grounded again - but when john b shows...
504K 31.3K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
7.5K 56 15
Theseus Scamander has a crush on a Young woman called Margaret, who works at Ministry Of Magic with him, but in a lower rank, they have a cute friend...