The Professional Prostitute

By PinkGucciPumps

Jasmin Clark has lived a hard life. Since the age of 13, she's been forced into the world of prostitution by... More

The Professional Prostitute
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
My Wattpad Rant lol
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three (part 1)
Chapter Forty Three (part 2)
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight (Part 1)
Chapter Forty Eight (Part 2)
IMPORTANT
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two

Chapter Thirty One

11.9K 115 55
By PinkGucciPumps

Chapter Thirty One

*Will's POV*

The familiar ring of my cell phone woke me from my peaceful sleep. I rolled over and looked at the screen.

Sammie.

Why on earth was she calling me at this hour? Probably about those reports I gave her to finish for me over the weekend. She had been calling me almost everyday to clear something up.

I sighed and put the phone back on the nightstand.

Almost a minute had passed before it rang again. It was Sammie. I picked up.

"Sammie, its 2 in the morning. I'm sleep. Talk to me at work!" I yelled before hanging up and turning off my phone.

She was really annoying me. Every time she called it was to tell me about a mistake she had made or ask me about Jasmine and the baby. I was tired of it all. I turned over and went back to sleep.

The sound of my doorbell and banging woke me up the second time. I turned on my light and looked at the clock. 2:31 A.M. Whoever this was had some serious explaining to do. I climbed out of bed and made my way down to the front door.

I looked through the peephole. Surprisingly, it was Nadine. I swung open the door.

"It is almost 3 in the morning, what do you want?" I asked noticing the expression on her face. Her eyes were bloodshot red, her hair wild, tears stained her face, and I instantly knew something was up. "What's going on?"

"There was a fight." she said beginning to cry.

"A fight between who?" I asked pulling her into the apartment and closing the door.

"Jasmine's father came to California. There was a shooting." she struggled to get out.

"Shooting? Is Jasmine okay?" I asked as she shook her head.

"I don't know. Butch called us from the hospital and told us to get down there now." she said looking at my face for the first time.

"Let me get dressed." I said running up the stairs and into my room. I threw on a white shirt and a pair of sneakers and grabbed up my car keys. "Let's go." I said grabbing her hand and pulling close my apartment door.

We made our exit from the building and into the parking lot.

"How did you get here?" I asked Nadine as we walked towards my car.

"Sammie picked me and Cassandra up and they dropped me off here. Apparently, you weren't answering any of Sammie's calls." she said climbing up into my car.

"Yeah, I figured she was calling me about work." I said starting up the car. "Which hospital is she at?"

"Good Samaritan, I think." she said looking out the window as I pulled out of the parking lot.

We drove in complete silence, except for Nadine bursting out in tears until we reached the hospital.

"Uh, Will, before we go in, there's something I've been meaning to tell you." she started as I let go of the door handle. "I wanted to apologize for everything I've put you and your relationship with Jasmine through. I wasn't right to try and break you up. I just, I really wanted you back. I didn't care about your happiness."

"Nadine, it's okay. Let's just go in and see what's up, okay?" I asked cupping her face as she nodded and we exited the car.

As soon as we walked through the hospital doors to the Emergency Room, my heart dropped at the sight of Cassandra. She was a mess. It looked as if she hadn't slept in days, her hair just as wild as Nadine's and makeup running down her face. I noticed Butch, Chase and Sammie, and Noah all seated around her, crying.

I walked toward her and she looked at me with pain in her eyes.

"What happened?" was all I could think of to say. Butch was the first to speak up.

"Jasmine's father stopped by to pay everyone a visit. As soon as I opened the door, he caught me off guard and used a taser on me. He shot Adam in the stomach when he jumped up off the couch and then went upstairs and shot Sean." he said as I put my hands into the pockets of my sweat pants.

"Well I'm confused, where is Jasmine?" I asked as Cassandra began crying again.

"The paramedics found her next to Adam passed out in a pool of blood." Butch said.

"Blood? What about the baby? Is the baby okay?" I asked feeling the tears form in my eyes.

"They say she suffered a massive amount of trauma to her stomach but we haven't had an update for hours." he said as I sat down.

"I saw everything. He just shot him like it was nothing. He even joked about it." I overheard Chase telling Sammie behind me.

"Has anyone talked with the police yet?" I asked looking behind me.

"Yeah, they just left." Sammie said as the doctor walked out from the back.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Neal. Are you the family of Jasmine Clark, Sean Johnson and Adam Alberts?" he asked as we all stood up.

"How are they?" Cassandra asked.

"I assume you are Jasmine's mother?" he asked as she nodded slowly.

"Jasmine is fine. She's asleep. We managed to stop the bleeding but we're going to keep her for a few days. The baby's heartbeat is very faint. There is a chance she may lose the baby, so we just want to monitor her and make sure that the baby is okay to survive or else we'll have to do a D&C." he said as Cassandra and I let out a sigh of relief.

"And Sean?" she asked as he turned a few papers in his notepad.

"He just came out of surgery. We pulled out the fragments of the bullet but we weren't able to get them all. He'll be staying a few days as well."

"Is Adam okay? I still haven't heard you say anything about my brother?!" Butch semi-yelled as the doctor looked down.

"Well, I'm afraid-" he began. I shook my head and silently prayed to God that he wasn't going to tell us that Adam had died.

"What? Is he gone?"

"We tried to do our best to help him. The bullet was lodged way too deep into his lung." Dr. Neal said as Butch's eyes began to water.

"Are you telling me he didn't make it? Enough with the bullshit!" he yelled punching the wall, making the doctor jump.

"He's alive but barely. He's been out ever since he arrived. We have him hooked up onto a breathing machine for now. But when the time comes, we'll have to take him off." Butch punched the wall again and screamed.

"Aghhhhhhhh!"

"He's lost a lot of blood and we've already given him a transfusion. We need to do at least 3 more before we can operate again and even then, the chances of him surviving are close to none. I'm sorry." Dr. Neal said as Butch broke down and began to full on cry. People that were sitting around us in the Emergency Room even had tears in their eyes. I never thought I would see a guy as huge as Butch, break down and cry like this. It hurt my heart. I went over to him and tried to think of something to say. I couldn't come up with anything except the usual 'Everything's gonna be alright' when in all actuality, I knew things wouldn't. Just as I opened my mouth to speak, a female calling out his name appeared as she made her way through the hospital doors and over to where we were.

"Is Adam okay?" Jocelyn asked looking at me.

"The bullet is lodged deep in his lung but with the massive amount of blood he's lost, they can't operate just yet." I summarized it for her. She just gave me a simple smile and turned to cater to her fiancée.

"If I can get a blood match tonight, I can start the process sooner and hopefully get the bullet removed before it's too late." Dr. Neal said as Butch looked up.

"Take my blood. Take it. I'll give as much as you need to do the surgery. I just need my brother. He's the only one I've got. You gotta help him doc, please." Butch begged as the doctor's eyes began to tear up as well as mine.

"If you're a match, then I can use you. I'll need you to fill out a few papers for me first."

"Yeah, whatever, anything." Butch said following the doctor.

"Oh, you may all visit your family." the doctor said holding the door open for us to enter.

I let everyone else walk ahead of me. I was nervous. I didn't know if I was wanted here or if I was just called because of the baby. I walked slowly down the hall, looking into the rooms of everyone there. It was filled with sadness. Most of the people here, didn't look like they'd make it until next week. I prayed this wasn't the condition Jasmine was in.

How could anyone want to hurt someone so beautiful, inside and out. I'd never met a girl who was as honest, funny and outspoken as her. There was a time when she was the reason for the smile on my face. In a way, she still was, but she'd never know it.

The night at Butch's engagement, I thought her and Sean holding hands were cute, as a practical joke. But once she dropped the bomb on me that they were together, I didn't know how to control it. I didn't expect her to move on, so quickly at that. Heck, I never even wanted us to break up, but there is always someone there to enjoy yourself with. I never meant to cheat on her, but as a man it's hard for me to control myself. I knew once I had slept with Karen that it would break Jasmine's heart and I vowed that I wouldn't do it again but then Nadine came back into my life and temptation took over.

I was the last one to enter the room and look down at her sleeping face. She didn't look peaceful like how I remembered. Her eyes had dark circles under them, her hair in a ponytail and her makeup made her face look dirty. Her face was twisted up as if she were still in pain, and her body looked so weak. I looked at her pregnant stomach and walked over and rubbed it. They had a bunch of wires on it and a big circle thingy that was monitoring the baby's heartbeat. The doctor was right, it was faint. I felt tears pricking at my eyes but I tried my best not to break down. Everyone else was a mess, I had to be strong for them to lean on.

"Will, we're gonna go check on Sean. It's right down the hall." Cassandra said as everyone made their way towards the door.

"Okay, I'll be here." I replied as they left me alone in the room with Jasmine. I sat in the chair beside her bed and held her hand. She stirred but didn't wake up. I wanted so badly to wash the makeup off her face and kiss her soft lips, but something was holding me back.

I looked up at the monitor and saw that the baby's heartbeat had dropped again. It was far from where it's supposed to be. I didn't want to lose my child. It was bad enough that I lost Jasmine. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I broke down. I just let the tears fall from my eyes. My life was always messed up. I felt like I didn't deserve any of the hell I had been through, but I know I caused most of it. I stood up and walked over to the window. I didn't want to cry next to her and disturb her sleep. I looked out the window and let it all go. I couldn't do this anymore. Life wasn't worth living if the two most important people weren't apart of it. But could I bring myself to do it? Did I have the guts to commit suicide?

"Will? Hey, why are you crying?" I heard a faint voice ask. I knew it was hers. I wiped my eyes and turned around to face her.

"How do you feel?" I asked walking back over to the chair and taking a seat.

"Like shit. My belly is really hurting me. And so is my head." she said trying to sit up.

"No, lay back down. I'll get you some more pillows." I said jumping up and stealing the pillows from the empty bed next to hers. "You need to rest." I said propping her up.

"Is everyone okay? Is the baby okay? Did I lose it?"

"No. The baby is fine. It's having a hard time pulling through the fall but it's still alive." I said as she looked at the heartbeat monitor as she rubbed her stomach.

"What about everyone else?"

"Sean is fine but they don't know if Adam will pull through." I said as she clamped her hands over her mouth and began to cry. "Jas, stop. C'mon. The baby needs you to be strong right now. Any stress can ruin any chances it has at living. He's gonna pull through." I said sitting on her bed and pulling her into a hug.

"How long have I been here?"

"I'm not sure. I just got here a hour or so ago."

"This is all my fault Will. If I never would've came to California then none of this would've happened." she said, her lips beginning to quiver. She was about to cry.

"Shh, it's okay Jasmine. Everything in life happens for a reason. Your father's an asshole."

"But if I never would've left, everyone would be fine."

"Listen to me, you've changed all of our lives by making the move that you did. I wouldn't be having a baby if it weren't for you, your mom and Nadine, they wouldn't have changed the way they did, Sammie still would've been Sammie," I said as she let out a laugh. "But we all love you." I finished as she brushed a stray piece of hair away from her face.

"Thanks Will. Somehow, you always know what to say." i smiled.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked as she nodded. "Do you love him?"

"Sean?" she asked, as if I would've been talking about any other person. "I guess, I mean yeah I do." she said in a low voice looking down at the sheets with a smile growing on her lips.

"Then I'm happy for you two." I said fighting the urge to drop to my knees and cry. I wanted so badly to tell her my true feelings for her but I know that there was no way she would ever be able to forgive me for acting like a douche. I really loved Jasmine a lot. And I did want us to be able to work out our relationship, but if she was happy with Sean, I wasn't going to be the one to ruin her happiness.

A/N: So, is this chapter okay? I felt like it could've been way better. I don't know, something about it tells me that I need to fill in a lot more details, I just don't know where. But oh well, I think it's still good. I wrote it while watching the Dragonball Z marathon. I typed a little at each commercial break. If you haven't seen it, you should watch it. It's actually a great show! Lol!

So which team are you on? Team Will or Team Sean?

And a lot of people have sent me messages asking me if Adam is going to die...what vibe are you getting? I can't tell you because that'll ruin the surprise. And the story is FAAAAAAAAAR from being over. It's really just getting started. There's so much more to happen!

Vote/Comment/Fan/Tell A Friend!

Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 2.1K 26
16 Year old essence and her brother grew up in an abusive home when her mother got addicted to drugs and had different men running in and out of thei...
5.5K 243 27
Has anyone ever been so hurt in the past that they figured it's best for them to give up on love. And has someone ever thought they would never find...
225K 5.2K 24
Passion js a virgin stripper , she shakes her ass for cash and she proud of it. She doesnt want a boyfriend because she think shes independent. But o...
5.3K 91 20
This short story is about a girl name Ciara. She had a rough past. She been treated like dirt. Only way to live was to become a stripper. But she wan...