Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

*Jasmine's POV*

"Hello stranger." a deep sexy voice said entering my room. I'd been cooped up in this hospital room for 2 weeks already. I was put on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy and this is where I had to spend the next 2 1/2 months.

I peeked up from my IPad and looked toward the door. There stood Sean, with a large vase of flowers in one hand and the other in a sling.

"Well, I haven't seen you in forever." I said as he laughed and walked toward my bed.

"Yeah I know. How's the baby doing?" he asked looking at the monitor.

"Fine. Still stubborn as hell. They tried to tell me the sex this whole week and it still doesn't want me to find out."

"Takes after you, huh?" he joked as I slapped his arm. He winced at the pain.

"I am so sorry." I said as he laughed.

"It's okay. How are you doing?"

"I'm okay. I still feel really bad about what happened but I guess I'm taking things one day at a time." I said as he handed me the flowers. "Thank you, they're beautiful."

"I was released today." he said looking at me as I put my head down.

"You gonna go back?"

"I have to Jasmine. That's our house." he said quietly.

"Have you seen Adam?"

"Yeah, I just left from over there. He's still in a coma."

"Butch still hasn't came by." I said as Sean shook his head.

"He's just upset Jasmine. Adam is his little brother. Give him some time. Once Adam is back on his feet, Butch will be fine."

"But what if he dies?" I asked crying. This had become something I did frequently. I was dealing well with the events that had happened but I still felt guilty about everyone else's life I put at risk.

"Jasmine, calm down. Adam is gonna pull through okay? You need to worry about having a healthy baby girl."

"Girl? I was hoping for a boy."

"Well I have the weirdest feeling you're having a hardheaded little girl, who'll be the spitting image of you." he said rubbing my hair.

"Thanks."

"So, has he came by?"

"Yeah, he comes everyday to see how the baby is."

"Have you talked to him about us? I mean, we are together right?"

"Yeah I guess so."

"Guess?" he asked looking confused. "Are you sure you want to be in a relationship right now? I mean with everything that's happened?"

"Are you trying to break up with me?" I was confused. One moment he was bringing me flowers and then the next he was questioning me about our relationship.

"No Jasmine, I'm just asking you if you want to take a break until you figure everything out."

"No. Do you?"

"Hell no." he said as we both laughed.

"Thank you for stepping up for me." I said quietly as he stood up and pulled my face toward his for a kiss.

"You're welcome. I was worried when Cassandra told me you were admitted too. I thought he hurt you."

"Not anymore."