battle of the bands (and babe...

By adventurismatic

'Camila, this is my band. I'll finish this.' 'Y/N, this is my battle. I'll finish this. For you. For us.' ... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty (epilogue)

chapter twelve

1.1K 51 3
By adventurismatic

Due to the fact there were several cops at Homecoming, Shawn remained civil. I've never seemed someone look more painfully uncomfortable than Shawn. He looked like he wanted to punch my teeth out, but as soon as he saw an officer donned in blue he tensed up. And when he saw Camila? I'm quite surprised he didn't throw a fit after that.

We ended up sitting outside in the Gardens instead of in the manor, which was aesthetically pleasing. There was always something to look at that was undeniably stunning.

Of course, Camila fit right in.

"So," Dinah began, eyeing us as we took Snapchat selfies together. "How did you guys make up? A while back you guys weren't even talking."

Camila's laughter was silenced. My cheeks turned red.

"Um...it's all about communicating, you know?" I mustered. "You just gotta talk it out and stuff, right Mila?"

"Oh, duh, of course!" Camila held back a laugh.

"Or you could not talk at all." Dinah accused. "I know all, Cabello. I am like one of those mediums from Long Island who has a show on TLC. I see all."

Nate chuckled as he finished his plate of food.

"Why the hell did Shawn show up?" Nate asked.

"He's Hailee's childhood friend." I explained. Like Camila, Hailee went to Ridgeview but came to Garrison after she decided she didn't like the crowd that attended the school. But, she still kept in touch with some of her friends. Shawn was apparently one of them.

"I knew her when I went. She was one of the only I truly liked." Camila told me. "She wasn't an ass, but she just has poor judgement."

Just then, Lauren emerged with her date.

Oh shit, I thought. He makes me look like a cereal box.

He had a clean shaven face and a tuxedo that fit him like a glove. His brown hair was pushed back and he was holding Lauren's hand.

And Lauren? She was gorgeous in her red dress. I know the event was semi-formal, but she clearly went all out. For what reason, I'm not quite sure.

"Damn girl." Dinah shouted as she approached us.

"Guys, meet Luis." She introduced. "He's my boyfriend."

There was an awkward silence that followed. 9 months ago, she would've been wanting to say the same for me.

Camila was the brave one, and got up and shook his hand.

"Hi, Luis. It's nice to meet you." She smiled. "This is my girlfriend, Y/N. And these are our crazy friends, Nate, Ally, Dinah, and Normani."

Everyone waved as he shyly waved back.

Just then, someone walked out from the manor and ran to our table.

"Dinah?" Jarryd emerged, making Dinah's breath hitch and her body tense up. "Hey, I'm so sorry I was late. Wanna go dance and talk a little?"

Dinah turned to Nate and I, who were gesturing for her to go and dance with him.

"Um- uh- well," She stuttered. "Sure?"

Jarryd smiled, walking Dinah in the room, hand in hand.

"FINALLY!" Ally exclaimed.

"Lauren, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked. She nodded, and we went behind the hedges to talk.

Her hands were shaking, so I grabbed one.

"Y/N-"

"Are you expecting me to curse you out?" I chuckled, which she subsequently nodded. "No. I just want to make sure this is something you want, you know. With Luis."

"Why would you think I wouldn't want this?"

"Lauren, you made out with me like a month and a half ago!" I whispered. "I don't get you."

Lauren came up to me, positioning us face to face.

"I'm not scared of anything, Y/N. I'm fearless, I try anything, but because of you I'm scared of truly being happy. I don't know, I wanted so much more out of us. But I have to move on. I can't spend my whole life being hung up on you. I love you. I don't know in which way, but I love you."

I kissed her forehead as I tightly embraced her.

"Hey, maybe we can hang out like the good old times one day." I told her. "Go out there. You have a guy waiting for you."

Lauren and I walked out of the hedges. We met our significant others and went to go dance. Halfway through, Camila ran to the bathroom. i didn't know why, but for some reason I let it slide.

Fifteen minutes later, I knew something was up when I was still dancing with Dinah.

"I'll be right back." I told Dinah, going into the bathroom.

I walked in only to be pulled into a stall with Camila.

"Mila, what the hell!" I told her as she covered her face.

"I'm sorry, okay? I get it if you want to like, go date Lauren instead."

"You've gotta be crazy if you think Lauren is the one I want right now." I chuckled. "The most beautiful girl in the world- the most hottest, most adorable, most dorky, most sexy girl is right in front of me. And I want her more than Sofi wants to be a princess doctor. I'm so in love with you. You don't have competition."

Camila chuckled, then suddenly turning the smile to a serious face and pushing me into the stall to make out with me.

"I'm just concerned about Lauren, babe." I told her. "Something seems weird about Luis. I can't quite put my finger on it."

"It's probably nothing, baby." She caressed my face. "Can Sofi and I come over tonight? Our parents are stuck in the city working on the case."

I nodded, knowing my mom wouldn't mind. She liked the Cabello children, and she's met the parents a few times.

The thing that's different about our families is that Camila's is more upper class, while mine more situated in the middle class. It's never been a problem for us because her parents are open-minded, but sometimes I just feel like maybe, just maybe if she was with Shawn her life would be set.

But, then again, nothing is ever set in stone in life, right?

When we got back home and picked up Sofi, I made sure to clean up my college application letters. Camila and I both had the same top school, Mulligan University. She wanted to become an English teacher, and I wanted to become a music teacher. However, I didn't think I'd get into Mulligan. As much as my girlfriend and friends told me, I didn't think I could get into my first choice. So, being the nervous wreck I am, I applied to nine others.

So, I'm obviously going to get into ONE college.

As soon as we got inside, my mother made Camila and I take unofficial post-Homecoming pictures for her to post for Facebook. We look tired, but she still makes a big deal out of it.

Sofi and Jamie played Uno with my mom, while Camila and I made a light dinner of the only thing she could cook- personal pizzas.

We made at least ten, and then we all gathered to eat them together.

"So, Sofi, I'll set up the inflatable mattress for you in the living room for you and Camila?" My mom asked.

"Mom, Camila can stay in my room-"

"No, Y/N. You're both teenagers." She answered, getting an odd snort out of Jamie.

"GET DUNKED ON!" Jamie roared, making finger guns and a wild gesture.

After dinner, we cleaned up and watched Sofi's favorite show, Gravity Falls. We watched a single episode until we all got ready for bed.

I laid in my bed for a half hour reading until I heard a knock on my door. Suddenly, I heard the door open just a crack and footsteps against the carpet floor.

"Camila, it's too late. Go to bed." I whined, throwing a pillow at her and missing by inches.

"No." She said, climbing onto my bed.

"There's bananas downstairs if you want something to eat. Just go back to bed." I hid under the covers from her.

"I want you to come sleep with me." She asked politely.

"Mila, my entire family and your own sister are all in the house." I explained, which she eventually tackled me for.

"I'm not that horny!" She whisper-screamed at me. Camila began to find my body under the covers and embraced it gently. "I just...I just sleep better when you're next to me."

I smiled at her.

"Okay, I'll go cuddle with you for a little bit. But only for a little bit, baby." Camila smiled back with a toothy grin. I picked her up and carried her down the stairs in my arms. A normal band geek probably wouldn't be able to carry anyone.

Then again, I'm not a normal band geek.

We made our way to the air mattress as I got under the covers with Camila. I noticed she was wearing her ring still after all this time.

"I only take it off to perform." She whispered.

"Me too." I smiled, wrapping my arms around her, accidentally elbowing her.

"You're dead." She chuckled, pinning me down on the mattress.

Camila was suddenly straddling me, and my head said no, but everything else said yes.

Sorry, everything else. I thought.

"Tomorrow, you can punish me." I told her, as her eyebrows raised and she let out a laugh that was stifled by my hand around her mouth.

"Not like that!" I said, laughing a little myself. "Go to bed, baby."

"Fine." She said, as we went back to our cuddling position.

"I love you." Camila kissed my forehead.

"...I love you too, Camila Cabello." And as she fell into my arms, I suddenly realized she was a part of me. Something in the universe just brought us together. And unfortunately for Shawn, as long as I was here, he wasn't going to have his way.

Camila Cabello is a part of me. Camila Cabello brings out the best in me.

I knew what I had to do as I ran a hand through my hair.

Section Fourteen, Paragraph Seven.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.3K 2.4K 27
No matter what happens, you'll be by her side. Dinah/You high school AU. Heavily featuring other 5h members. -- I wrote this at 15 good luck
1.2K 84 17
It love from first sight shawn is your classic football player and camila is the cheerleader is this the love story of a life time
90K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...
30.7K 758 19
Camila Cabello, one of the world's biggest popstars, is devastated. Her world seems to be falling apart AGAIN. Eventually, she comes face to face wit...