His Not So Real Love

By RomanticaA27

He was never mine. He was always hers. But my heart decided to fall for his Not So Pure Love More

Prologue
Wedding bells and the Player
In between the missed friend &the not so broken guy
As I Said Before I Want You!
You Are not Her Type
Something Between An Acquaintance And A Friend
Lunch and Yaya
We are friends you know?
Have you seen her?
So that's Maya?
"I hate you."
Facing Ian
Pregnant and Stay
"Coffee, tea, juice, Friends?"
chocolate Fondant & backless dress
Earlier was awkward
Angry is an understatement
Little secret
I Love You
Andy?
Feelings
Actually Already In Love
On a Date ...
US & Ice cream...
deeply,insanely...
Not an update
Perfect fit
sequel: Superwoman's wedding
Not an Update
His light
His Boss

Drive Me Home

40.7K 1.5K 233
By RomanticaA27

Vote & comment & thank for your reads and support

Ian's Pov

As soon as I woke up, I decided to see the new Instagram posts of Rose. Maya said that the latter will be coming home tomorrow and I couldn't wait to see her again. Yet my alibi to be around Rose was Maya and that won't work now because the latter is going on a blind date tonight.  I felt irritated with such a thought because it shut down my plan before it even started. 

From sickly watching the lovey dovey pictures of Rose and her husband, I searched for Maya's account and not so surprisingly I found no account belonging to her. How can a twenty first century girl live without an Instagram. Get frustrated with the idea of Maya always being unreachable, I tried to look for her on twitter and Facebook and I found  her accounts. I was following her but she wasn't. I followed her maybe four years ago when Rose and I got into a huge fight. I the same as  now wanted to use Maya to solve the problem but I guess that she didn't like me that much to follow me back.

Her accounts were deserted since forever and all there were in them were mere quotes and a couple of pictures that Rose or other friends tagged her in. This girl is a real riddle. How am I going to get closer to her if have nothing but Rose's past words about her? 

According to Rose, Maya was the sweetest most faithful friend ever. Also, Maya is a goody two shoes who believes in the goodness of human beings. But this so delicate nature of hers shouldn't trick you. She is a strong, rude when needed, blunt and independent. The last time Rose talked about Maya, she also told me that she became the personal assistance of some huge business man. 

I guess that that's all the clues that I have about her.

After aimlessly searching for clues in Maya's accounts, I decided to continue my day. For some reason the idea of who is Maya became hunting and I needed to wipe it out of my mind by any means. I went to my own company that day and everything went so smoothly in mere months this company will be the talk of all the business market. It was growing steadily and rapidly and I am truly proud of it. My mind kept on drifting to same unanswered question " Who is Maya?" but every time it did I ignored it.

At nearly 9 pm, when I was driving myself home, my cell phone ringed and without caring about who it is I just put them on high speakers. A sniff that's all I heard and my heart started racing and my head filled with dark possibilities. Is she okay?

"Maya, what's wrong?" I rapidly questioned  

"Ian can you please come pick me up?" She brokenly questioned

"Give me the address." I ordered and as soon as I got I drove literally like a mad man. Maya might be just an acquaintance of mine but her crying voice did things to me. I just didn't like seeing her broken.

As I drove by the famous Italian restaurant, her date location I guess, I found her standing near its door. She was dressed in this deep red dress, her black hair fell freely on her shoulders and she had a little bit of makeup. She hugged herself and seemed lost. I didn't like seeing her this way. The Maya that went out with me yesterday was fierce and full of life but this Maya looked broken.

"May..." I hushed as I got out of the car and walked to her

"Thank you so much for coming Ian. I didn't mean to trouble you but I didn't drive here and I wanted to call Rose but she is not here and...." she continued to ramble endlessly as she wiped her heavily falling tears.

"It is more than okay. But are you okay?" I questioned her and found myself wanting to hug her and protect her.

"Yes, now can you please drive me home?" she asked and I just obeyed.

She sat there silent for more than five minutes. Not a word erupted from her lips and I was left to wonder. She played with hem for her dress and sighed from time to time and I didn't know if I should voice my questions. I was no expert in girls emotions and drama so maybe staying silent would be the best.

"Dammit, May if you keep on crying and sighing at least tell me what's wrong?" I cracked under the haunting voices of her pain

"My blind date was my boss's son. At the beginning I was impressed by how nice he is. Then as we ate dinner he started sending me signals of him wanting to do things but I played it cool and ignored him..." she sniffed again as she explained and my knuckles tightened around the wheels 

"What things?" I stupidly asked even though I knew exactly what she meant

"Things as in....things. But after dinner he shared his intentions either I sleep with him or he will get me fired." she disgustingly said as if remembering the scene 

"That bastard and What did you say?" I replied as I found some kind of a foreign protectiveness over her.

"I need to find a job." Maya replied with a loud sigh 

"Be my personal assistance. My company is growing and I need help around it." I offered and the idea excited me. That way Maya will benefit and I will make Rose jealous.

"Thank you Ian but I doubt that Rose will be okay with that." Maya offered me a smile as she refused 

"Why is it always about her?" I asked seeing how selfless Maya was

"It is not about her. It is about my friendship with her. I won't risk it..." Maya again smiled and her phone ringed out of nowhere 

"It is Rose. I have to pick up but please keep quite." she begged and I nodded 

"Hey...I miss you too...No the date wasn't that great...He tried to get me too sleep with him...I lost my job too...He kind of put his hand too low and you know and while we were having dinner he ...you know." Maya explained and to Rose and she was speaking so uneasily but all the events that she reported  angered me for a reason.

"Son of..." the words escaped my mouth as a loud growl and Maya's eyes doubled in size as her hand shot to my mouth's direction to shut it. her palm laid on my lips and all I could think of that moment was how smooth her skin was.

"I needed someone to drive me back and you weren't here. I don't know why Ian's name popped in my mind but at that time he sounded like my only solution. No him and I, we are not close. I am clearly not under his spell" Maya tried to argue endlessly with Rose and it made me smile to know that my plan is somehow working.

"Rose?" I called as I snatched Maya's phone out of her hand and put Rose on high speakers.

"Ian." Rose sounded annoyed as hell.

"Tell Maya that it is okay for her to be my personal assistance. I offered her the job but she wouldn't accept it because she is afraid that it will ruin your friendship. Are you okay with letting her be jobless, Rose?" I teased knowing that Rose will accept because these girls always looked up for each other.

"Maya do you want to work with him?" Rose asked 

" I don't know. I could search for other options." Maya offered and I was once again struck by her selflessness 

"Rose come on! you know that Maya needs this and I know that she will be a great help around the office so tell her to accept already." I nearly yelled at Rose 

"Okay, okay but you won't start tomorrow! you have to pick me and Jacob from the airport at 9 am." Rose agreed and I was happy because my plan is going well. 

Step one achieved!

"About that my car refused to start this morning. Maybe I just need to ask your mum or mine to pick you up." Maya sadly informed Rose 

"We will pick you up tomorrow then head to the company." I offered and both girls went silent.

I need to be around Rose if I am going to make her jealous. I need to pamper Maya in front of her so her perfect happy wife facade will break. I need Rose to get as jealous as possible so she can acknowledge that she is still in love with me and not Jacob.

"Good night for now Rose." I said as I took charge of the situation and hangup on her

The ride after that went silent. Maya ignored my existence and seemed to be lost in deep thoughts. I drove her to her apartment and as soon as she felt my car stopping she opened her door and jumped out of it. I was expecting some kind of an acknowledgement after all I just offered her a job and saved her from walking home with tearful eyes. But nothing happened. She just picked her phone and jumped out of my car.

"Hey, did I do something wrong?" I yelled as I followed her to her doorstep

"No" she replied without looking at me and kept looking for her keys

"Then why didn't you thank me?" I sounded as whiny as a kid. What is this girl doing to me?

"I said thank you earlier. isn't that enough?" She asked as her orbs met mine. They were black and confused. Emotions stormed in them and I as always was held a slave to her gaze. I just couldn't look away.

"What's wrong May?" I simply questioned

"You. You are what's wrong. I don't know if I should trust you or run away and hide from you. You were never interested in knowing me as a friend but now you want to befriend me and to be my boss. I can't help but feel that you have an hidden motive behind such acts. Do you somehow want to get back to Rose by befriending me?" she asked as bluntly as always. It amazed me how she read my intentions so easily and at the same time I felt so low as i was caught red handed.

"I don't have motives. I just feel comfortable around you. You are honest, nice and independent. You care about humanity and goodness more than needed and you are smart and faithful and those are all the traits that I want in a friend and in an assistance." I explained to her and all but my first sentence were true. Maya's eyes studied me for some more time as if searching for any evidence to prove that all my speech was a lie but as I said before all my words were true.

"Thank you." she replied sounding happier and without a warning she hugged me. Her hands circled my neck as she thanked me again but I for a reason I froze under her touch. All I cared about was how she smelt so rosy and how her body perfectly fitted with mine. My hands in a minute reacted and hugged her closer. I felt a sense of comfort and completeness as held her.  I never felt that way with any girl before even Rose. Maya's head laid exactly under my chin. She was taller than Rose. Perfectly tall to fit exactly under my chin.

"Ian? you can let go now." Maya's words echoed in my mind and I found myself reluctant to let her go but I guess that I needed to.

"Good night Ian." she said as I let her go and I swear I saw a hint of a blush on her cheeks. Such idea made me smile, for a reason.

"Goodnight May and be ready by 7:00 am tomorrow. We will have breakfast, pick up rose then go to the company. Okay?" I offered and she nodded while opening her door repeating a goodnight and closing the door behind her.

She fits perfectly against my body!

that idea haunted me even when I went to sleep but deep down I knew that I cannot try to have Maya as more than a friend and a fake love interest because anything else will ruin my chances at getting back with Rose my one and only true love. 

I need to draw some boundaries between Maya and I! I need to keep things professional and flirty only when Rose is around.  

Vote & comment & thank for your reads and support

What will happen NEXT?

Ian and Maya working together, how will that end up?

& Rose is back again, what drama and mixed feelings will erupt soon?

& thanks again <3 ^-^ *-* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193 3 22
She forgot how to love but remembered how to fight. He disregarded where I've been and made who I am.
813 59 13
I wish he hadn't told me that because afterwards I never felt the same for him as I did for the last 13 years of my life.
145K 2.8K 21
I fell in love with him in ways I never knew were possible.
2.3K 52 18
*UNEDITED* all she ever wanted was for him to be the man of her dreams. He never would. Her infidelity is the least of this young couples problems...