Baby Steps

By bandboybrad

Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for w... More

2.
3.
4.
authors note.
5.
6.
7.
8.
authors note.
9.
10.
11.
12.
authors note.
13.
14.
15.
16.
authors note.
17.
18.
19.
20.
authors note.
21.
22.
23.
24.
authors note.
25.
26.
27.
28.
authors note.
29.
30.
31.
32.
authors note.
33.
34.
35.
36.
authors note.
37.
38.
39.
Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017
40.
41.
42.
43.
authors note.
44.
THE END.
epilogue (part one)
epilogue Part Two

1.

7.9K 139 5
By bandboybrad

B A B Y   S T E P S

[CHAPTER ONE]

I stared motionlessly at the ceiling with my feet amongst the white bedding sheets. A thousand thoughts racing around my mind aimlessly - a hundred and one questions unanswered leaving me to think deeply. Was life supposed to be this non adventurous?

Summer expectations are definitely dreamlike, nothing like reality. The screen of my device remained blank despite continuously sending messages to my 'friends' attempting to arrange something. Somehow, I needed to make a holiday friend.

Knock knock.

Startled by the sudden noise, I scrambled myself together. With a heavy sign, I rushed to see who was frantically bounding at the front door.

"Sienna!" The familiar brummie accent exclaimed in surprise as the door flung open. My neighbour, Bradley Will Simpson, smiled innocently - somehow showing he was grateful I answered his knock.

"Oh hi Brad." I yawned carelessly, utterly clueless as to why he was on the doorstep. I hardly ever spoke to Brad despite being neighbour and our mums being best friends - maybe because he was away a lot with how band, apparently they are quite successful.

"Did I wake you?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me. Instantly, my hand flew to my chin removing the travel of salvia that occurred during the time I was 'resting my eyes'.

"I wasn't sleeping, just resting the eyes." I lied with a false smile. "Is there a reason as to why you want my attention-"

"Is your mum in?" He questioned unexpectedly.

"No, she's gone away on a conference weekend with my dad." I explained to him with a frown - both parents had abandoned me whilst they relax in Spain.

"Shit." Brad cursed as panic showed in his brown eyes.

"Why?" I asked bluntly, wanting to know the reason why he wanted my mum.

"It's Arabella." He sighed deeply creating a pause.

Arabella was Brad's three month old daughter. According to rumours, Brad used to often hook up with girls whilst on tour because apparently  its normal for a band member to do as they never have the time for a real relationship. Obviously, he was too careless one time  and forgot the birds and the bees. Unprotected sex took place with a total stranger resulting in the birth of baby Arabella. Arabella's mum was still not known to anyone apart from Brad who refused to announce her name. He says he has no contact with her, the day after Arabella was born the mysterious girl found his address and dropped her off - leaving him to be a single father. But I don't like listening to gossip.

"Is she ok?" I asked concerned, not really bothered as it was his problem. He should of listened during sex eduction classes, especially because he's featured in one of the videos.

"Not really." He sniffled. "For the last couple of days, she hasn't been sleeping nor drinking her milk. All she ever does is cry and cry. Mum has also gone away leaving me in charge."

"Normally, new born babies cry a lot." I stated the obvious. "And they often wake up during the night-"

"She isn't settling to sleep." He explained more clearly to me.

"Has she got a routine?" I hummed, trying to reassure Brad everything was alright.

"Not really as my mum has been away, I have no clue what I'm actually do and soon I need to head back to the studio so-" he stopped and stared at me, his eyes lightening up like an idea had popped to his head. "Could you possibly come round for a bit and help-"

"I'm not really good with babies, I have no experience." I said truthfully, placing my hands in the air.

"Please, I really need your help." He pleaded, grasping hold of my wrist tightly. "Just for an hour, I've got so much work; the boys are getting frustrated at me because I can't attend rehearsal nor come down to the studio-"

"Alright, only for an hour!" I agreed as I was overwhelmed by guilt and pressure. Brad smiled brightly before lightly tugging at my limb to encourage me to follow him. I grasped hold of my keys and stuffed my feet into a pair of worn out converse before catching up with Brad.

"You'll have to excuse the mess, I'm not very domestic." He apologised before reaching for the door handle and twisting it. As soon as it opens we're greeted by the sound of a baby crying.

"Don't worry about it, I understand." I said truthfully.

"I feel awful leaving her alone whilst I rushed to yours but the other neighbours aren't exactly supportive like you." He said shakily as he led me to the living room.

"Just focus on yourself and Arabella, not other people opinions." I said wisely causing Brad to smile.

"Sit here, I'll go and get her." He nodded before wandering off down the hallway.

I was left alone in the living room, baby toys spread along the carpet in front of the television occupied by a guitar and paper work.

"Arabella, please stop crying for daddy." I heard Brad whimper. "Please-"

The whaling coming from the tiny voice came clearer as I realised Brad had returned with Arabella wrapped in a pink blanket.

"She's adorable!" I cooed, seeing a glimpse of her curly brown hair and deep blue eyes. "Can I hold her?"

"Do whatever you please, just stop her crying!" I huffed deeply, gently passing me is daughter. I smiled sympathetically at the child before slowly rocking her back and forth in my arms.

"Shush, shush!" I whispered. "You make quite a lot of noise for a little creature, don't you?" I giggled quietly, lighting tracing my thumb over her scarlet red cheeks.

"Maybe that's a sign she's going to be a singer, just like her daddy." Brad chuckled, looking over my shoulder at her.

"Possibly, they learn for an early age." I informed him, before glancing back down at Arabella who seemed to have stopped crying. "That's a good girl, aren't you so beautiful?"

"How the hell did you-"

"All she wanted was a cuddle and a rock." I interrupted Brad as I smiled proudly. "Now, shall we try some milk."

"I don't understand the instructions so I just mix it all together." Brad announced causing me to shake my head.

"It's not rocket science." I laughed at his stupidity. "Let me see them." I insisted as we shuffled into the open planned kitchen. Carefully, I passed Arabella back to Brad and searched for a clean bottle and formula.

"It's not written clearly." Brad exaggerated.

"Not everything is written down for you, when looking after a baby you learn along the way." I rolled my eyes as I followed the simple instructions before checking the temperature. "Also, Arabella may prefer her milk at a different temperature to what's advised."

"I never tested the temperature." Brad gasped as he stood rocking Arabella in his muscular arms. I couldn't help but smile as I watched the extremely proud father admire his daughter.

"Pour it onto your wrist to check." I showed him, tipping the bottle onto my wrist. "This is slightly colder than the recommended, try it."

"I think you should." He said taking Arabella by the waist and pressuring her into my hands.

"O-oh ok." I stuttered, unsure what to do correctly next. Slowly, I placed the bottle on Arabella's lips praying inside that she would take it, and to my surprise she instantly grasped the bottle in between her lips.

"And you said you didn't have an experience." Brad said as he smirked slightly.

"I don't." I shrugged, looking down at Arabella who was drifting to sleep. "It must be a female instinct, however you're doing a brilliant job by yourself."

"I feel useless, I can't even feed or make her stop crying." He said, seeking self pity. "Arabella needs a female in her life."

"She's lucky she has Anne then." I commented.

"What about you?" He questioned rhetorically. "You aren't at school anymore due to it being Summer, you have loads of free time on your hands which you could spend with Arabella-"

"I don't think so-"

"Arabella loves you!" He interrupted rudely. "And it would really help me out, get be backed on track with the band, the cash I earn now is being saved for a deposit for a house."

"You want me to be Arabella's baby sitter?"

"Yes!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 914 28
Harry and Louis, newlyweds, are experiencing a lot of firsts, including raising a family. Joing them as they rasie Liam, Zayn, and Niall to be their...
1.7K 51 30
That's my first fan fiction so I guess it's an absolute crap, A girl meets Harry Styles as just another fan and many changes happens to both of their...
11.2K 294 41
Sometimes people deserve second chances. © 2014 By PayneBear (EVERYTHING WRITTEN IS MY IDEAS)
Bad Girl By Mandy

Fanfiction

8.4K 166 24
Everyone isnt as good as they seem...