Phoenix of Olympus (PJO/Harry...

By MeshlaRanolvaaa

It is three months after Gaea's defeat and Camp Halfblood is hanging by a thread. Percy is a shadow of who he... More

Ch.1- Nothing is Fair in Blood and War
Ch. 2 Part 1- Finding the lost Potter
Ch 2.5- The Fates Hate Me
Ch. 2 Part 2- I'm a What?
Ch. 3- Diagon Alley
Ch. 4 Part 1- Introductions
Ch. 4 Part 2- Introductions Cont.
ALMOST 500 READS!!!!!! A/N
Ch. 5 - My New School is a Skin Disease
Ch. 6- Professor Jackson?!
Ch. 6 Part 2- Professor Jackson?! cont.
Ch. 7 Part 1- Day One...
Ch. 7 Part 2- I Kill My Student...
Ch.8- Back At Camp
Author's Note: IMPORTANT
Ch. 9 First Day Disaster
Ch.10- My Familiar Breaks the Professors
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Ch.11 Introduction- Drowning Dream
Ch. 11- Sweet Misery
Getting to Know the Author- Q and A #1
RIP Alan Rickman
Ch. 12- Discoveries Can Lead to Suspicion
Happy Birthday Half-Blood at Hogwarts!
Percy and Annabeth's Playlist
Ch.13- Investigations of Suspicion: #1
Ch. 14- Percy Takes On A Curse ....
Future Chapter(s) Teaser
Ch. 15- I Have a Philosophical Discussion with a Creature of Death...
Ch. 15 Part 2
An Update on My Lack of Updates
2 Year Anniversary
GRAY WHALE TRIP: Photos
GRAY WHALE TRIP: Videos
Ch. 16- Caught Red Handed
Ch. 17- Little White Lies and Half Truths
Future Chapter Titles
Ch.18- Obscurial
19. The Noir Hero
300K Celebration and Life Update
Writing

Dear Plagiarist...

5.7K 149 32
By MeshlaRanolvaaa

Now, I understand plagiarism is considered one of the greater forms of flattery but not only is it illegal but it is also extremely infuriating.

I am a writer. My stories are a part of me and the product of my imagination. They are my dreams, childhood fantasies, and deepest wishes written and shared for your enjoyment and pleasure. I share pieces of both myself and my experiences yet I've come to find the sanctity of my creativity has been disrespected.

If you want to use my stories for something, all you have to do is ask. If you want to so a spinoff, ask. A rewrite, ask. A translation, ask. You want to upload it to another medium or another site, ask me. Give me that courtesy as a creator, an author, and a person.

I am reasonable. I am supportive. I will listen and consider. But plagiarism, taking my words, my characters, and my plots without my permission and claiming its yours with no mention of me, the original author....it's hurtful, insulting, and incredibly anger inducing.

I understand you enjoy my works and that they are gaining in popularity, but that is no excuse. Using my stories for your own gain is....I feel so overwhelmingly disgusted there are no words to vocalize my opinion of you and your actions against me.

You have beautiful creative minds. Use them. If you need help with starting a story, editing, creating a plot, whatever you need, all you have to do is ask. Ask me. I have no qualms whatsoever in helping you. Any of you.

Just ask me. Respect me, my characters, my plot, and my works. Give me the courtesy and rights I have with my stories, which are all copyrighted, including my fan-fictions. For those that may be fan writing based off other works, the story and plot is mine. They are originals, my originals unless stated otherwise. I give others that respect and courtesy so why couldn't you dear plagiarist? Why couldn't you do that for me?

What could you possibly gain from insulting, disrespecting, and most of all hurting me? What have you gained from the recognition that is not yours to receive? Or is it just the fact that you've stolen from me and tainted the joy I experience when I discover one more person has read and enjoyed my stories that satiates you?

Does that satisfy you? Corrupting that experience? Making me feel violated as you go on merrily abusing my words?

Do you know what plagiarism does? It makes me doubt. It makes me question if I should even continue writing at all because sooner or later, I will be treated thus. One act, just one act of evil can overshadow all the good.

How dare you try to cast my readers and the joy of writing into the shadows. How dare you try to do that to them and how dare you try to do that to me.

All I require is for you to ask. I have yet to deny approval or support. I have yet to say no because I love and support you all. But I also ask for you to respect me as a creator. You like my writing? Then respect it and sure as hell don't steal it. I can assure you, your ideas are just, if not more valuable then breaking the law and stealing something of mine or anyone else's.

Plagiarism isn't worth anything, but it can cost a person everything.

~Aisha

This matter has already been resolved, the story/stories taken down and the proper people have been informed.

Please do not try to find the person or persons and harass them. I don't condone that. The situation is handled, they have apologized and have been accordingly punished by Wattpad and other sites, but I still felt this message should be shared, not only to share my thoughts and inform you all, but to also deter people who would become future plagiarists.

Thank you for your support and patience my darlings ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 592 35
"Oh would you shut up!" Pandora yelled at the boy across from her. "Or what? What are you going to do? That witchy shit you love to do or maybe splas...
112K 2.6K 41
Percy finds out the wizarding world is real. Now he must go to Hogwarts and compete in the Quarwizard Tournament representing Camp Half Blood while t...
412 7 12
Percy Jackson is finally enjoying life. The summer before college starts and his new life in New Rome with Annabeth. But the gods aren't done yet. Pe...
198K 3.9K 29
When Sally Jackson gets attacked, Percy Jackson finds out about a secret Sally had been keeping about her side of the family. He finds out his grandf...