Not a good girl

By BlackAshes

Abigail Rose Harris -or Abigail (Abby) Williams as everyone besides her family and best friend calls her- is... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Deal with the devil
Chapter 2: Brothers and best friends
Chapter 3: The Track
Chapter 4: I'm Veronica Williams
Chapter 5: Rivercrest, Home Of The Sharks
Chapter 7: Bond, James Bond

Chapter 6: You Should've Just Said Please

178 11 4
By BlackAshes

UNEDITED

__________________________

Chapter 6: You Should've Just Said Please

BEEP!

BEEP!

BEEP!

"Ugh." I groaned.

I took my hand and swatted at my beside dresser. I hit snooze on my obnoxiously loud alarm clock and looked at the time. It read: 5:00am. Damn it! I might hate sleeping, but I was still human and therefore had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind telling me to just be lazy and skip practice.

I decided against it though. Devon wouldn't take too kindly to me skipping out just because I was tired and an angry Dev ended badly no matter what way you looked at it. I yawned and stretched before getting my lazy ass out of bed. I threw on some clothes that had finally been moved to drawers in my dresser, and headed over to Dev so that he could drive me to our new training spot.

**;-;**

Training was a bitch, but Dev's sarcastic remarks and entertaining jokes made up for it.

Carter had just dropped me off at school -it was his turn to take me- and I sighed, knowing that I still didn't know the school well enough to get to my classes or locker for that matter even though I'd been here for a week. Ms. McDonald had walked into one of my classes a few days ago and handed me my locker combination and number, claiming that she had forgotten to give it to me the morning that we met. She hadn't exactly showed me where it was though, making it all the more complicated. Thankfully, it was pretty close to Kyle's so he showed it to me. It was nice to finally have some friends that didn't live almost three-thousand miles away.

I walked into English just as the warning bell sounded and walked over to Marissa. Apparently she was in this class, as she had told me last week at lunch. I walked over to Marissa's desk and she looked up at me shyly through her bangs. Her black hair was razored and she had that whole scene look going on. Her brown eyes were soft and she smiled sweetly at me.

"How's it going?" I asked, crouching down so that i was eye level with her

"Good" she squeaked. "I've got this really cool new album from 'Of Mice & Men'. Want to listen to it with me at lunch?"

"Yeah, sure." I nodded. The truth was that I'd only heard around four of their songs so I was looking forward to hearing a few more.

"Great!" Marissa beamed

I chuckled lightly and shook my head.

The late bell rang and students piled into the classroom. I stood up and headed to my desk. Ashton slipped in the door, just as Mrs. Clyde closed it, and walked over to me. He wore an expensive black fitted shirt and designer blue jeans. He slumped in the seat next to me, allowing me to look at his eye I had punched last week. It still looked like it hurt...

Eh, he deserved it.

"Eye looks like it's getting better." I observed.

Ashton just grunted and put is head down.

"So have you been sticking with the whole 'I got a black eye from the desk' story?" I smirked.

Ashton picked up his head and smirked right back at me.

"Actually it turns out that someone told everyone that I got it in a street fight." A smug look plastered itself on his face. He leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear. "If anything, you just made me look tougher than I already am. Not that I'd need to or anything."

"And what if I tell everyone the truth?" I whispered back.

Ashton let out a humorless laugh.

"As if they'd believe you." He sneered "If anything you'll be known as another love sick girl looking to get attention and some Ashton action." He winked at me with his good eye.

"Cocky bastard." I muttered.

I swore Ashton's smirk grew bigger when I said that. I just huffed and reached down into my backpack to grab my notebook and pencil. I began copying the notes that Mrs. Clyde had written on the whiteboard, trying to ignore Ashton.

Fifteen minutes into class and Ashton had suddenly become bored. Either that, or he found it more entertaining to annoy me. I was guessing that it was the latter.

"Abby? Psst... Abby? Abby? Hey, hey, hey, Abby? Abby? Pssst... Pssst..." Ashton whispered, poking my arm with his pencil as he said each word.

I sighed and tried my best to listen to what Mrs. Clyde was saying. It was getting harder to do now that Ashton had began throwing pieces of his sheet of paper at me. He was testing my patience and I was pretty sure that he knew it too. When he grabbed a straw from his backpack, I finally gave in.

"What Ashton?" I groaned "What could you possibly want?"

"Pick that up." He ordered, pointing to his notebook which had managed to find its way under the seat of the student sitting in front of me.

My eyes widened a bit at his tone and a huffing sound akin to a snort, left my mouth. The nerve of this guy! I gave Ashton my best "go fuck yourself" look and turned my attention back to the whiteboard that Mrs. Clyde had finished writing on. I scribbled away and quickly finished writing the last few sentences of the notes. Ashton looked taken aback and grunted slightly.

"Can you pick that up for me?" Ashton asked again, this time in a less commanding way. Yet he still didn't say please. Oh well, Mr. Clarke won't be getting his notebook then.

"I don't know, can I?" Childish I know, but he needed to say please.

"Ugh Abby!" Ashton was beginning to get irritated and it was hilarious "Could you hand me my notebook?"

"Well I could..." I trailed off.

I watched as Ashton's jaw clenched. He took a deep breath and then asked me one last time.

"Will you hand me my notebook?"

He was going to blow up any second, and it all depended on my answer. Mrs. Clyde excused herself from the classroom for a minute and therefore wouldn't be here if he decided to kill me... Oh well he needed to learn to say please.

"Will I? Oh like that rapper from that band? Will-I-am right? He's from the Black Eyed Peas. You know I used to know some people that were pretty obsessed with him. Oh and did you know that-"

Ashton lunged at me. I had already seen it coming though and was out of my seat by the time his hand would have skimmed over the side of my chair. Ashton slammed into my chair, full force, and landed on the floor next to my feet. The students in the classroom stared in shock with their mouths agape. Mrs. Clyde walked back into to room just then, and the bell rang; signaling the end of class. I shoved my belongings into my backpack and picked up Ashton's notebook as well. He had just started to sit up and still had his elbows on the ground. I smirked, set his notebook in his lap and then whispered in his ear:

"You know, you should have just said please."

And with that I walked out of the classroom with Marissa close behind me.

**;-;**

"Do you want this guy to kick your ass?" Kyle nearly shouted.

"Yeah seriously dude, not the best move." Alex added while chewing on a turkey sandwich. Alex must either have a really fast burning metabolism or work out more than me, because I swear she's always eating and she never gains an ounce.

"Abby, I saw what happened today. There is no way Ashton is just going to let that go, especially after the shiner that you gave him last week." Marissa stated.

So much for shy Marissa that was too afraid to talk to anyone but Ky, Alex, and I.

"Listen guys, it's not that big of a deal," I began "Ashton will get me back with some idiotic prank, we'll call it even, and then we can just finally leave each other alone."

"It's not that simple Abby! You've never seen the pranks that Ashton plays on these poor saps, it isn't just some amateur prank that you laugh about and play on your friends. He'll embarrass you in front of the entire student body!" Ky explained.

"And?"

"Abby your entire senior year will be ruined!" Marissa exclaimed.

"How do you figure?"

"Everyone will remember it Abby! They'll make fun of you for the rest of the school year! You'll be so embarrassed and-" I cut Marissa off before she began rambling.

"I don't get embarrassed." I shrugged.

"What do you mean, you DON'T get embarrassed?" Alex asked, finally taking a break from stuffing her face.

"I mean exactly that."

"Everyone gets embarrassed." Kyle chimed in. Alex and Marissa nodded in affirmation.

"Well I don't. I have older brothers you guys; I stopped getting embarrassed when I hit age ten." I retorted.

"We have older siblings too Abby, we still get embarrassed." Alex pointed out.

"Yeah but you guys let other people get to you, you care what they think: I don't," I stated "And if you don't care, then eventually other people will stop caring as well."

"I guess you're right-" Ky started

"Of course I'm right, this whole thing with Ashton will just blow over and then he can just pretend that I don't exist." I said whilst standing up and clapping my hands together. "I have to stop by my locker before next period and my next class is on the other side of the school, catch you guys later alright?"

They all nodded they're heads and Alex even went back to munching on her turkey sandwich. Rolling my eyes, I picked up my backpack and began walking over to the cafeteria doors. I tossed my empty tray into a nearby trash can (we had last lunch so I had practically licked my tray clean). Just as I was about to reach them, a short brunette came to stand in front of me. Her big boobs, long lashes, expensive pumps and bright lipstick told me that she was someone pretty high up on the social scale. She wore a pair of white booty-shorts and a pink top that showed far more cleavage than necessary.

"Hey it's Abby right?" Her voice was high pitched and whiny. I saw right through her fake smile and internally groaned, I knew all too well where this was going.

"Yes, and you are?"

"Patricia," she grinned while fluttering her fake lashes, "but most people call me Trish."

"Uh huh, well I'm thrilled to have met you Trish, truly I am, but I need to get goin-"

"There's a party tonight." Trish interjected.

A party? Hmm, maybe I didn't know where this was going after all.

"You're invited," she continued, "You can even bring along you're little outcasts if you'd like. God knows they'd love to get out of the house." Trish looked down at her perfectly manicured nails, undoubtedly unaware of the fact that she had just insulted my friends.

I looked a few yards behind me, only to see my three friends with their heads hanging down and frowns on each of their faces.

I smirked, it was cold and cruel, a look that I was all to familiar with, and trust me when I say that I was glad to not be in the receiving end. I could feel the anger rising in my chest and the blood pumping through my veins as I took a step towards her, trying to look as menacing as possible. Trish looked up from her nails and I could tell that she instantly regretted it. She took a step back and shrunk down.

People were staring by now, but that didn't make me any more willing to step down. She insulted my friends, yes I had friends, and I wasn't about to let some snooty bitch feel as if she had the right to talk shit about them. I took another step towards her and then leaned in close enough to smell her far too sweet (and no doubt expensive) perfume. I put my hands behind my back and then leaned in just a little bit closer. I spoke straight into her ear although it was loud enough to be heard by our surrounding bystanders.

"Listen here Trish, I don't particularly like you insulting my friends and I don't want to go to you're 'party', so I strongly suggest that you scurry away before I decide that I'm in the mood for some apple pie à la bitch."

Trish was speechless, she stood there looking shocked and petrified. The cafeteria went silent and you could literally cut the tension with a knife.

"Yeah, well... W-Well..." Trish stuttered, trying to think of comeback.

Knowing that this was going nowhere, I moved Trish out of the way and grabbed one of the cafeteria doors I was just about to make my exit when I heard Trish speak up behind me.

"Whatever," Trish snorted, gaining her confidence back, "We don't want a coward like you there anyway. You can tell your freaks that they're still invited though. It'd be fun to have some virgins there to play spin the bottle, and I bet I could find Kyle a guy to-"

I didn't even let her finish. I let go of the door handle and spun around on my heels, shoving Trish into one of the nearby tables. I raised my right fist and was about to deliver a nasty blow to the right side of her makeup caked face, when someone grabbed my arm. Not caring who it was, I elbowed whomever had the audacity to grab me in the midst of a fight. I heard a small grunt from behind me. I didn't put much force behind the blow, but hopefully it would be enough to get the bastard off of me.

Everyone in the lunchroom gasped simultaneously. Shaking my head, I again prepared myself to bash in Trish's face. This time I didn't take the time to hold up my fist and think about how I was going to punch her, I just let instinct take over and swung with my right fist.

My fist never did make contact with that bitch's face though. Whomever was behind me had literally lifted me off the ground, and my fist had hit nothing but the air. I groaned aloud and the person set me down.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I fumed, turning around to face the jerk that had grabbed me.

"Calm down babe, you're the one that elbowed me, remember?" Ashton replied smirking, the students around us laughing.

"Ashton" I deadpanned.

"That's me," he replied with a wink, making more of our bystanders laugh.

I held the bridge of my nose and took a deep breath before replying to him.

"I understand that that's your name Ashton, but what I don't understand is why on Earth you just stopped me from knocking out that inconsiderate bitch over there!" I guestured towards Patricia, whom -might I add- was currently cowering near her minions "And what I also don't understand is why you're calling me babe when you damn well know my name!"

"Your name? Hmm... I don't recall hearing it..." He trailed whilst tapping his chin. 

"Listen," I seethed as I took a step towards him "I really don't care if you 'remember' my name or not, just don't call me babe alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever bab-"

"Don't call me babe!" I shouted cutting him off, "Why did you even get inbetween us anyway?!"

"What's so wrong with babe?'

"Stop evading the question Ashton!"

Ashton groaned and then grasped my hand in his as he pulled me outside of the cafeteria and away from his "fans". His hand felt warm in mine and it shot small tingles up my arm. I ignored the feeling and soon realized that we were down some random hallway. He stopped mid-way through the hallway and immediatley dropped my hand when he realized that he had been holding it. To be honest I was a little disappointed when he did, just a little.

   My blue eyes peered up at him expectantly and his gray eyes eventually met mine. He sighed, never taking his eyes off of mine.

 “You don’t need enemies Abby.” Ashton’s eyes softened and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

 Where was this Ashton when we were in the lunchroom?

 My body had visibly relaxed and –I have no idea why- I felt calmer for some reason.

 “I can take care of myself Ashton. She was insulting my friends and she deserved everything that was coming to her.”

 “She did,” he agreed, “But she didn’t physically harm you, so it wouldn’t be considered self-defense and you would have been suspended, or, in your case, maybe even expelled.”

 “In my case? What are you talking about?”

 “I know that you’re on a scholarship Abby.” Ashton admitted, breaking eye contact.

 “What? How did you-“

 “I know all,” he winked at me, his eyes going back to their normal state and his smirk plastering itself back onto his face.

 I rolled my eyes, “I don’t know how you got into my files, but I’d really appreciate it if you’d stop. I know I’m irresistable, but you don’t have to go digging around, it’s kind of stalker-ish, don’t you think?” I said while smirking.

 “Abby?” Ashton questioned.

 “Yes?”

 “I didn’t look into your files, I just figured since you don't really seem like the rich type and you just proved my assupmtion correct. Trust me, you’re not worth that much of my time.” Ashton smirked before walking down the hallway just as the bell rang, signaling the end of fourth period and my lunch.

 That jerk!

Still shocked by what Ashton had just said, I realized that I had no clue where I was since I had never been in this section of the school before. So much for grabbing my stuff from my locker and getting to fifth period on-time. 

A/N:

3 months?! Holy shit pickles! My sincerest apologies guys! I'll try to update more often, I'm serious this time! Oh and I re-updated this chapter so hopefully you're reading the newer updated version of this chapter right now! I added a lot onto it!

FYI:

Don't forget about that bet Abby made with Dev, trust me it's coming up soon ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.7K 3.4K 59
Highest Ranking: #63 in Teen Fiction •Completed• "You look pretty fine in those jeans, but you'd look even finer without them." He inched closer to...
747K 16.1K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...
235K 5.8K 29
"Sorry Mr. Diper." I try saying with a straight face. "It's Mr. Piper, Kristen how many times do I have to tell you?" I pretend to think hard. "How m...
298K 6.3K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...