All In My Head | Issac Lahey...

By cherriasian

{Book One} "I can be good, I can be true. You know I don't love anyone, but I love you." - Chapel ' Nicole Do... More

Mishaps and The Unexplainable
Girls Can't Play
Not How I Expected To Walk Home
Just Another Casual Lacrosse Practice
You're Okay
I Know What You're Feeling
Ice Skating & Ice Hurting
Ignore, Ignore, and... Ignore.
This'll Be Fun
Stuck In The Middle Of Friendship
Finally Working Together
Raving and Saving
I Like This Type Of Isaac
Panic
It's Over
REMASTERING THIS?
NEW ISAAC LAHEY FANFICTION

The Game

5.2K 138 37
By cherriasian

Chapter Eight - Emergency by Paramore

"I think we have an emergency."

   "They're coming back, we don't have much time to talk." Dr. Deaton quickly explained, poring what seems to be rubbing alcohol onto a cotton ball.

   "What is that?" Scott asked, holding his jacket up. 

   "Rubbing alcohol." Dr. Deaton answered, "You don't want it to get infected, do you?" Scott shook his head, dabbing the cotton ball on the large cut. "It'll heal the same, just not as quickly, because of Derek."

   "Okay, how do you know all this?" Scott asked, " Actually how do you know anything?" he said, while Deaton was putting a large tissue on the cut. 

   "It's a long story." Deaton said, putting tape over the tissue. "But I can tell you, I know about your kind, and her kind. Your kind I can help." Deaton explained, referring to Katherine. "This. This is something different." he said, referring to the body on the table that had deep and huge scratch marks on the chest.

   "Well, do you know what did it?" Scott asked.

   "No. But the Argents will. And this is the crucial part, they will have a record or book, they will have description. Histories, notations, of all of the things they have discovered." Deaton explained, rushing.

   "All of the things? How many different things are there?" Katherine asked, but heard that the Argents had arrived.

   Quickly, Scott and Katherine hid, before they had entered. From what Katherine could tell, Scott was listening on their conversation, so she waited.

   Scott turned to her, "You should go home now." he said.

   "What? Why?" Katherine asked, confused.

   "It's late, and your aunt is going to be worried, go home."

   Katherine completely forgot about her aunt. Before taking one last glance at Scott and what was happening inside, she quietly exited the animal clinic.

***

   The next morning, Katherine spotted Scott and Stiles sitting on the stairs. She walked over to them, standing behind them.

  "I'm so sorry about the other day. I am trying. We will get through this. Um, I know, because I love you." Stiles said, Katherine looked down at the two confused, but chuckling. "I love you more than- oh, my God. You and Allison have to find a better way to communicate." Katherine realized what was happening, she stood in front of the two.

   "Come on, you are the only one we can trust, is she coming to the game tonight?" 

   "Yes! Okay, message complete." Stiles said, ending the subject. "Now, tell me about your boss." 

   "He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of records of all the things that have hunted." Scott whispered, looking around to see if anyone was listening or watching. "Like a book."

   Stiles clapped his hands, "Oh, probably it's bestiary."

   "A what?"

   "A bestiary."

   "I think you mean bestiality." Scott said, laughing.

   "Nope, I'm pretty sure I don't. It's an encyclopedia of creatures."

   "How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff?"

   "You are like my best friend, a creature of the night and a priority of mine."

   "If we can find it, and it can tell us who that is and what that is...." 

   "We need that book." Stiles and Scott said.

***

   "I think you mean-" Allison started, but Stiles cut her off, making Katherine laugh again.

   "No, I mean bestiary. The two of you, I don't want to know what's going on in your head." Stiles said. The three were currently outside, and Katherine sat next to Allison.

   "Okay um, can you describe this thing?" Allison asked.

   "It's probably like a book: Old, worn."

   "Like, bound in leather?" Allison assumed.

   Stiles nodded quickly, "Yeah, yeah. You've seen it before?"

   "I've seen my grandfather with it." Allison answered, and Stiles took off from the way the two came. But a few seconds later he came running back, panting.

   "Where does he keep it?" Stiles asked,  taking a deep breathe after each word. 

   "It has to be in the office." Allison replied, and Stiles took off again.

   Whilst the two were having a simple conversation, Stiles came back. "You know, drug dealers have been using disposable sofas for years." he informed.

   Allison turned around, "My parents check the e-mails and text message I've sent. Trust me they'd find it."

   "Can you get the book?"

    "Not without his keys."

***

   Tonight was Katherine's first official game, and her aunt was surprisingly coming to watch. She was completely worried, not just about being humiliated for being the only girl on the lacrosse team who doesn't know how to even get off her bed during the morning, but worried about her friends as well. 

   Katherine just kept up with the rest of her teammates on the field, not wanting to risk missing the goal. She watched as number nine get knocked to the ground by one of the other players on the other team.

   "Come on! Is that thing even a teenager? I want to see a birth certificate!" she heard coach yell, frustrated as always. 

   Looking into the crowd, she spotted her aunt... And Scott's mom, both sitting next to each other chatting. 

   Jackson appeared in front of her and Scott, "What the hell are you waiting for?" he asked. 

   "You are the one who said I was a cheater." Scott argued, making a point.

    "And, that peek freak of nature on the field? Do something!" Jackson demanded, and Katherine was already annoyed. 

   "I can't, Allison's grandfather is here." 

   Going back to the game, once again number forty-two from the other team has knocked down two players. Katherine sighed, thinking that she was frustrated as much or maybe even more than coach.

   "You are short one player, coach."

   "Where's Stilinski? Where's Stilinski?" coach yelled. Never mind, he's more frustrated than me. "You! You!" he yelled, looking at Boyd. Katherine's eyes widened, now sure that she was worried to the max. "You play lacrosse?" 

   From afar Katherine watched as Erica and Boyd discuss, from the looks of it Erica was trying to stop him. For once I agree with you Erica. Boyd stood up, taking off his jacket. "Oh, ha, ha, ha! We got ourselves a player!" coach yelled, excitedly, but Katherine wasn't excited.

   Getting back to the game, Boyd was playing in for Stiles. Standing aside, she watched as one of the other players from the other team was running his way towards Boyd, and Katherine knew how it will end up. Watching the player be knocked to the ground, Katherine knew she was correct. 

   "The bigger they are," she heard coach cheer, along with the rest of the crowd. "The bigger they are!" Oh, coach...

   Running up next to Scott, the two gave each other a look, then looking back at Boyd to see his eyes glowing. The two ran up to Boyd, his eyes still glowing yellow. "Boyd, you need to get off the field now. You can't risk exposing the secret." She told him, but he ignored her taking off when the whistle was blown.

   Scott looked over at Katherine, nodding to her. Katherine knew exactly what he meant, she just hoped she wasn't going to somehow trip and fall. Running off towards Boyd, she heard coach yelling to pass it to her, and it was. Katherine was determined, rushing past and slipping past all the boys in her way, stopping in front of the goal, and launching it forward. Watching it hit the net, the crowd behind her cheered, and Katherine froze, her mouth slightly open. About to smile, the cheering stopped, and she heard something crack from behind her. 

   Turning around, she saw Scott on the ground. She took off her helmet so she could see better, and crouching down next to Scott, with Allison on the other side. "Oh my god, your leg is broken." Allison realized, Scott groaning and grunting as he stood up.

   "Don't move." coach said, as he ran over.

   "It's okay. What? I'm fine." Scott said, looking up at his mom, who was next to Katherine's aunt. Katherine glanced at his leg, seeing it no longer broken. 

   "I could have sworn I heard bone breaking somewhere." Scott's mom said, and Katherine saw her aunt nodding.

   "Heard it?" coach asked. "I felt it."

   "Seriously, guys, I am fine." Scott reassured. 

   Allison walked over to her grandfather, or also known as Katherine's principal. "We should go." she sad. 

   "Hold on." he said,  "I want to ask him one more thing. "

***

   Apparently Scott was now invited over for diner from Allison's grandfather, and Scott was of course freaking the heck out. Her aunt was already rushing back to the car from how cold she was, quickly telling Katherine she was going to wait for her. 

   Walking away from the field, Katherine was wondering why her team wasn't exactly celebrating, more of questioning rather than celebrating. "I didn't know a girl made the final shot." hearing someone behind her say that, she shrugged it off.

   "I didn't know she was actually hot."

   Turning around, Katherine encountered about seven boys from the other team who had stopped in front of her when she turned around. Katherine knew she liked it better when her hair was down, but she knew she wasn't hot. "You do realize I'm on the opposing team, right?" she pointed out, looking at all seven boys. 

   The brunette spoke, "You do realize your hot, right?" he asked, laughing and snickering with his friends. 

   Katherine closed her eyes sighing, she glanced at her hand at her side, an idea popping in her head. Smirking, she lifted up her hand, pointing it towards the brunette's hand, and flicking her wrist at one of his friends. Which surprisingly, made him slap him, hard. Laughing, on the inside, she quickly walked away awkwardly. Still smirking.  

Author's Note

IM TRYING TO UPDATE BUT I FEEL VERY FEVERISH RIGHT NOT SO BARE WITH MY SUCKISH CHAPTERS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 703 32
Call Of The Wild tells a story about a female warrior Who never belived in love, until she meet Bellamy Blake. Based on: • The 100 [seasons 1-3 + AU]...
1.1M 47.9K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
664K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
7.6K 56 15
Theseus Scamander has a crush on a Young woman called Margaret, who works at Ministry Of Magic with him, but in a lower rank, they have a cute friend...