Love In The Dark (A Deckersta...

De FanFic_Love13

Chloe and Lucifer are caught in a case that places Chloe's life on the line, and makes Lucifer question leavi... Mais

Author's Note (Updated 2019)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 18

5.4K 140 24
De FanFic_Love13

"Take your eyes off of me so I can leave..." Love In The Dark -Adele

xxxxxxxxxx

Lucifer was beyond furious. This whole situation had his brothers flare all over it like a signature on a piece of art. But what Amenadiel was starting was war. The natural fire within him was growing out of control at the thought of Amenadiel fooling with something...someone...he loved so passionately. He didn't like to say this often, but Lucifer knew that Amenadiel now had hell to pay. Placing his feelings aside for a small moment Lucifer inhales to regain control of his emotions even if only temporary. "Chloe, I'd like it very much if you would stay here until I get back. I think I know how to solve your problem but I need to go consult with my brother," he explains softly.

Chloe can hear his temper in his voice. It was like a fiery undertone to his demeanor. "Why do I have to stay here? I want answers too Lucifer."

"I know," Lucifer takes Chloe over to his couch by placing his hands on her forearms and leading her. Sitting her down he makes his way to the cupboard to retrieve the first aid kit as he continues. "But my brother and I don't have the best relationship and things could get ugly. And also, not to scare you Chloe but I have seen this before. I need to know you will be somewhere safe while I am gone," Lucifer warns as he sits down on the couch, and begins digging in the red pouch.

"You have got to be kidding me," Chloe whines, throwing her head in her hands. "First you are worried I am going to be scared of you, only to have you turn around and be afraid of me."

Stopping his search immediately, Lucifer's head snapped up. His eyes stare into hers as he fiercely whispers to her. "That is not what I meant. By no means am I afraid of you. Nor will I ever be." Pulling out more gauze and a burn cream, Lucifer places the pouch and everything else it holds on the counter. Tossing aside the bloody bandages hanging off Chloe's arm, he lightly takes her wrist and glides her arm over to him.

When Lucifer slides the cream on he knows it will sting but doesn't warn Chloe anyway. Knowing would have made it worse psychologically so when Chloe flinches, Lucifer just takes a moment before continuing. "I'm worried about you Detective. And it would be great knowing you are somewhere safe while I am doing what is necessary to ensure your safety."

"What do you mean by 'what is necessary'?" Chloe asks as Lucifer caps the cream and begins to unwrap the gauze. While it hurt going on, the cream was instantly soothing. The coolness already made her feel relaxed and the bleeding ceased to continue.

"I'd go to great lengths for you Detective," Lucifer begins as he tightly but carefully wraps her arm. "Whether you would ask me to or not, I would do anything for you."

Taking the scissors, Lucifer snips the remaining and tapes it into place as silence hangs between them. Disrupting it, Chloe asks something that has been on her mind for a long time. "Why?"

"For starters," Lucifer begins while still holding her hand. "You weren't like every other girl. You challenged me in ways I never knew a woman could. You resisted me which was so perplexing and it made you so unique in my eyes. Then you put up with everything I've put you through. Including the search for my wings and then whole ordeal with Malcolm the first time. But the first time I noticed I was really starting to feel something more was when my life was at risk, even though I am immortal, you place yourself in the line of danger. That Thomas jackass did such horrible things to you and all because you were trying to protect me. I've never had anyone show me that kind of love before. This world never felt full to me. I was always so alone Chloe, you don't have any idea. I had been self-dependent for as long as I can remember. No one to trust or care for, until you came along. You erased all the doubt in my mind that I wasn't worth love.

"You seem to be all I can think about from the first thought in my day to the last. I think of the smallest things from the way you smile when you have to put up with my so called 'Lucifer-ness', to the time we danced to Elvis Presley. I've contemplated in my last five years on Earth many times about going back to hell. I never really had found a reason to stay like I had hoped. That was until that day you strutted into my bar like you owned the place with your badge and paper ready to interrogate me. Chloe, you seem to have made your way to my cold heart so quickly that you have already left such a permanent mark in such a small amount of time. Never doubt how much I love you, or why you are important to me. Because you are my reason for staying here on Earth and for living in general. I never truly knew the meaning of living until you walked into my life. That is why I would do anything for you-"

Lucifer didn't even get to finish. Chloe used his hand and gripped it. Pulling him into her, Chloe smashed her lips upon his. Her hands wrap themselves around his shoulders, gripping them harshly. The pressure between them was so harshly that Lucifer already could feel his lips bruising but they continued on. Chloe slipped down onto her back on the couch and Lucifer went into predator mode. Bracing himself on top of her, his back muscles flexed as he kept his mind on kissing her. Lucifer's words echoed in Chloe's mind. All she wanted was him in this moment. His hands ran up and down her sides sending tingles throughout her. Dragging her hands down his face, she broke the kiss to quickly talk. Her eyes were still closed. "I'll stay here," Chloe promises. "But I remember what happened last time and your brother fought. You came back looking like...well hell," she continues. "I'm asking you to stay with me."

Looking down at the beautiful woman in front of him, Lucifer almost considers it. With a smile he sits up straight. "I wish I could Detective. But we are dealing with something serious here, and we need answers." Climbing off the couch, Lucifer disappears momentarily to change into something he doesn't care as much about in the event that a fist fight does break out. Lucifer already knows it will. Putting on one of his oldest suits he straightens out the collar as he renters the room. Instantly he stops moving at the sight of Chloe already asleep on his couch.

Not wanting to disturb or move her, Lucifer grabs a light blanket off his bed. If he tried to move her she would probably wake and Lucifer knew that she was already exhausted. From his earlier experiences with possession he knew that wasn't a good sign. Usually those whom were possessed ended up with a form of insomnia so any sleep she could gain right now would be beneficial. Slipping the fabric over her, Chloe sleepily tugs at a corner. The cool night air flows through the open balcony doors. Lucifer slips on his shoes soundlessly and calls for the elevator. Looking back over his shoulder one last time, Lucifer carried himself with power and determination.

There was no way he was losing her.

xxxxxxxxxx

Lucifer knew he would find Amenadiel at his place in Los Angeles. It was a more secluded part of the city, up on the hill a bit. He pulled his car into the driveway like he owned the place and angrily stomped to the door. Not bothering to knock or ask if anyone was home, Lucifer simply kicked the door with fury. The latches dropped to the floor beside the actual wood. Stepping in without a care, Lucifer sarcastically shouted "Oh brother!" in a housewife accent. "I'm home!"

Amenadiel came running out from the nearest hallway into the brightly lit room. When he saw who it was his dark eyebrows narrowed as his mouth formed a smirk. "Hello Lucifer. To what do I owe the pleasure-"

Amenadiel was quickly interrupted by the force of Lucifer's left fist in his face. The burning sensation rushed to his cheek yet he remained unfazed. He knew his brother would be furious. If it was a fight he wanted, it was a fight he would get. "You know damn well why I am here brother," Lucifer spat at his brother angrily. "Why did you do it," Lucifer's hands grip Amenadiel's vest tightly, pulling the man towards him.

"You know why I did it brother. It is the only way to get you back to Hell," Amenadiel answers. Lucifer kicks him in the shin, causing Amenadiel to falter and fall to his knee where he is kicked in the face with Lucifer's other shoe. Lucifer didn't feel like holding himself back, and he was seconds away from allowing himself to shift into his full devil mode. While lying on the floor, Amenadiel's chest rises and falls with his deep laugh. "Oh look how the tables have turned Luci."

"What do you mean?" Lucifer asks, standing over his brother with curled fists. A snarl is apparent in his tone.

"I mean the fallen angel that once used to smile at the thought of torturing souls is now trying to save a tortured soul. The irony is thick and cold isn't it? It isn't like the whole ordeal will allow you to redeem yourself to Dad if that was your plan. You're still just the devil in his eyes," Amenadiel replies.

"Am I?" Lucifer questioned. "After all I am thinking of the irony of one of God's perfect creations who was supposed to protect humans stooping to the devil's level and punishing a human all so he can fulfill his selfish need to stop guarding the gates. You really think your halo is still bright in Dad's eyes?" Lucifer twisted his brothers words and could see the doubt and fear in Amenadiel's eyes.

"Father gave me a job. Get you back to hell. I am just being resourceful. You made it too easy on yourself. You opened up to one person in the world who didn't see you as the vermin you are and just like that you put her in danger. Chloe may be just a pawn in this game, but I am using her to corner the king back to his devilish throne. I didn't do anything wrong Luci. You did, by falling in love with a human-"

There was no stopping Lucifer now. He threw himself down on top of Amenadiel. His hands switched out as Lucifer threw one punch and then another. His breath grew heavy but he didn't stop. Lucifer had already shifted back to his uglier side, not needing to hide it. Blood stained the carpet as Amenadiel spit more out with every punch. "Fight back!" Lucifer cried in anger as his brother just lay there taking it.

"No way," Amenadiel calmly said. "I'm not giving you what you want Lucifer."

Lucifer grabbed Amenadiel by his vest and threw him into the only furniture present in the room. Amenadiel flew through the air and right into the posts of his bed frame. The gigantic bed was made of stained wood and although it was a lovely frame, it would now be in splinters scattered around the floor beside his brother. Taking a moment to recollect and breathe, Lucifer could only hear chuckling from the other side of the room. Amenadiel dragged himself to sit up against the far wall and he couldn't stop laughing. Blood flew out of his mouth, dripping down through his stubble and off his chin. "Oh Luci, you don't even know the best part. It really is quite evil." Lucifer's eyes narrowed as his brother used the wall for support.

"Whatever do you mean?" Lucifer asks, and something within him fears the answer.

"I mean I think I would have figured it out eventually Luci. That is, how much you adore the lil pet of yours. However, I did have intel on the inside. A certain follower of yours. Tends the bar last time I checked," Amenadiel chuckles, and bends at the elbow flicking his wrists to the side as if playing dumb.

Mazikeen? No. No way it could be Maze. Could it? Lucifer continuously placed so much trust in her. This wasn't this first time she had gone behind his back, but something about this time made him so much more aggravated. Why would she put Chloe's life in danger when she knew how much the Detective meant to him? In this moment Lucifer felt vulnerable, and hurt. Mazikeen had always been someone who had quickly dug her way into Lucifer's heart, and while he didn't love her in a love type of way, he still loved her friendship. She was an outlet when no one was. She had protected him for as long as he could remember. Yet lately, she was causing more harm than she was giving protection.

"How does it feel to lose everyone you trust Luci?" Amenadiel teased. Lucifer's hands raised to his head, making their way to the back pulling down along with a massive headache. Lucifer felt like his world was crumbling in on his.

But he couldn't focus on that. He couldn't dwell on this. He came here for one reason, and he wasn't leaving without an answer.

Lucifer walked across the room so fast he might as well have been running, and he grabbed his brother by the throat. With one hand Lucifer lifted Amenadiel high into the air. "Tell me how to fix the Detective Amenadiel."

"Fix her?" Amenadiel choked out. "You...c-c-can't."

Lucifer let his brother down and bit only so he could shove Amenadiel back into the wall even harder. A large crack spread up the wall, and Lucifer could no longer keep his voice calm. "How can I fix Chloe!" He screamed at Amenadiel, his patience running out by the second.

"You can't Luci," Amenadiel repeats. "But I can."

Allowing his brother to slide to the floor, Lucifer takes his brothers wrist and snaps it backwards with ease. A cry is heard from the man beneath him but Lucifer's empathy for the man ran out long ago. "Talk," he whispers calmly sending fear into Amenadiel.

"Only I can draw the demon out her as it was placed there by me. But I would never do that. That is...unless you go back to hell."

xxxxxxxxxx

Driving back to LUX, Lucifer parked his car and just sat in it for a moment. Amenadiel had not only taken everything from him but created the ultimate ultimatum. Lucifer stared at the steering wheel intently. He was alone with his thoughts which was dangerous.

He could decline Amenadiel's offer. But how could he live with himself if he did? The demon holding onto Chloe was strong, it surely had a chance at killing her. Lucifer had seen many good souls stuck in hell because they had died from a possession. It taints a soul, and they can only repair themselves if the demon is removed before death. Hell was not a place for Chloe, and Lucifer had told her as such what seemed like a lifetime ago. If Lucifer didn't take the deal he wasn't only risking her life but Trixie's future. He wasn't only risking Chloe's life but Dan's last shred of sanity.

If Lucifer didn't accept the deal, he would be being the very man he couldn't bear to look at in the mirror. The man everyone feared because that man was evil, conniving, and selfish. If he risked Chloe's life and she died...Lucifer didn't know what he would do. He wouldn't be able to live with himself knowing he sent the woman he loved to a place she was never meant to be.

But if he did take the deal, Lucifer would be back to the very place he had always wanted to escape from.

Hitting the steering wheel out of anger a couple times, Lucifer turned the key and left the vehicle. Walking into LUX he was immediately greeted by the last person he wanted to talk to. A part of him knew he was going to blow up at Maze as much as he didn't want to. There was no stopping this anger train from claiming another victim.

"Lucifer, hey-"

"Stop right there," Lucifer warned. "You don't get to speak to me. Not after what you did."

Maze looked hurt and confused. "What do you mean Lucifer? What did I do?"

Lucifer shouted at her without meaning to, his anger bubbling over. "Don't play dumb with me!" His voice filled the empty space and Maze took a few steps back in fear.

He didn't want a fight, and he couldn't deal with Mazikeen's sad guilt face right now. His emotions were on the edge of bubbling over and he needed to go see Chloe and forge a plan. He turned away from Maze.

"Lucifer can we just talk about things?" Maze pleaded, following his steps towards the elevator.

"Not now traitor," Lucifer spat in anger as Maze wiped a stray tear off of her face. She hadn't intended on him finding out about this. She was going to tell him tonight, but now he already knew. Maze didn't know if he would ever forgive her, and that thought dug a hole deep within her. She hadn't intended to cause Lucifer any harm and she didn't know what the consequences of giving away that information would be.

"Please listen to me Lucifer-"

"NOT NOW!" Lucifer bellowed, turning towards her in full devil mode. His deep dark eyes stared into her and Maze just stared back at him with sadness. There was no fixing this, not tonight at least.

Suddenly behind them the elevator dings. Normally it wouldn't cause either of them to care, but Lucifer hadn't called for it yet. The metal doors opened slowly and from Lucifer's eye level just behind a table in his bar he could see no one in the elevator. Like it had just opened by itself. The lights within it were flickering on and off. Lucifer slowly approached the elevator not knowing what to expect.

He could have never prepared himself for the sight of Chloe lying unconscious on the floor of the elevator. Her body surrounded by tiny shards of glass, blood beginning to leak out of her nose. Her breathing so shallow it couldn't be seen from where Lucifer was standing. Chloe wasn't just pale as a ghost, as if overnight she was looking like one completely.

Lucifer's breath hitched in his throat. "Chloe," he whispered worriedly as he ran towards her.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

115K 2.9K 28
For all of you who has seen Lucifer and for all of you that will see it, here comes a version of what might happen when Chloe has seen Lucifer's devi...
1.8K 20 15
• Deckerstar's Happily Ever After • An alternate ending to S5 E16 of Lucifer and alternate storyline where Lucifer actually ascends the throne of Hea...
865 40 16
Lucifer Morningstar meets Detective Chloe Decker when a murder occurs in the office building across from his nightclub, LUX. IMPORTANT: This story i...
3.6K 170 10
Zane and Decker Morningstar, the twins of Lucifer and Chloe Morningstar, are all grown up along with their little sister Zia and cousins, Charlie and...