Infinite Beauty

By alleglorys

❝You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.❞ ▔▔▔ In which Kathryn... More

IB Note:
ASiF Prompts:
Chapter 1: Valentine's Day
Chapter 2: Learning The Catcall
Chapter 3: She's a Bitch
Chapter 4: Cravings & Crushes
Chapter 5: Magic of Stilettos
Chapter 6: Leak Week

Chapter 7: Bad Grandma

174 4 2
By alleglorys

If there was one thing Kathryn despised more than visits to the doctor, it was visits to her paternal grandmother's house. Eleanor Smith was a seventy-three year old woman who had become a widow for about two and a half years. She loved cooking, singing and knitted things for her family from sweaters to socks. She was a sweet woman who approached everyone with dignity and respect.

Everyone but Kathryn.

At first Kathryn assumed it was because compared to older sister, she had light chocolate brown skin. The older Kathryn became, the smarter she was and realized the real reason why Grandma E didn't necessarily like her like she did to all her grandchildren.

Kathryn was the product of Grandma E's sons mistake. Grandma E didn't believe in mistakes so to her, Kathryn was just a waste of space preparing for college in a couple of months. There was nothing Kathryn could do to get her grandmother's approval. Even though Grandma E was nasty, Kathryn would suck it up for the family.

She tried her best to avoid any confrontation with her. Which meant, not tagging along to any of the visits. With well-crafted lies, she was able to avoid majority of the visits. However, this Saturday Grandma E was turning seventy-four. That was something Kathryn unfortunately couldn't avoid. The following Sunday Daphne would head back to university.

Pulling her suitcase from the closet, she zipped it open and dusted off excess dust that was collected over the years from neglect and just not traveling as often as she should've. With the money she had, Kathryn was obligated to splurge as much as she should on vacations. By doing so, it made her feel like a Kardashian.

And a Kardashian was not what she wanted to be.

Kathryn started grabbing a few clothes for the weekend trip. She wasn't looking forward to meeting that wrinkly woman; but she would keep a fake smile for the sake of the family. The only person who knew how mean Grandma E was to Kathryn was Daphne. One day Daphne cornered their grandmother and forced her to back off on Kathryn.

So, Grandma E would inflict her rudeness when Daphne wasn't in the room. Grabbing her toiletries and stuffing them in a separate bag, Kathryn finished up while Daphne waltzed in just a bra and panties with her phone pressed against her ear.

"Yeah, your dick is huge," Daphne answered with an eye roll before she ripped the phone from the side of her ear and abruptly hung up. "Jeez I swear guys need a reminder of how big their penis is. Even if it's not that big," she said as if Kathryn knew a lot about guys and their big or small package.

"Was that phone sex?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"To him it was. I swear I could hear the dude moaning a name that wasn't mine. The nerve am I right?"

"Right. So... you're almost naked in my room. Why is that?"

Daphne took a once over at her attire and shrugged. I needed to borrow your razor and I felt that by the time I get in my bathroom I would have to take off my clothes and all that crap. So, I figured just get halfway naked to your room and use your bathroom and razor."

Shaking her head, Kathryn zipped open her bag and handed Daphne her razor. "I don't want AIDs on it," she joked.

"Bitch," Daphne laughed out as she snatched a lone towel and dashed into Kathryn's vacant bathroom.

━━━━━━━━━

Florida was a state that was as hot and humid as it gets with rain here and there. While Kathryn was used to the cooler climates of DC, spending some time in a warmer environment was also a blessing on earth. Kathryn had applied to three colleges in Florida, two in California, one in New York and four in Texas. They were a little far from home, but she was excited for the new adventure that would await.

Hopefully her SAT scores were good enough for the likes of NYU, UF and UC: Berkley. The drive to Grandma E was eating Kathryn up inside. She hadn't seen her grandmother in two years. Just the thought of the glares and snide remarks that were yet to come kept Kathryn on edge.

The mansion where her father grew up looked well and pristine as it did on her last visit here. The lawn was manicured and perfected to Grandma E's expectations. With ten bedrooms and five baths, a large kitchen, TV room, game room, living room and other fancy amenities, Kathryn wondered why she didn't just move out of such a big house into a smaller home since it had just been her and a couple of her dogs left.

Her seven kids, including her father, were all grown up and had moved on with their lives. It was a little creepy living in a house where you had all these rooms but was the only one living in there. Thankfully cars littered the driveway as they all climbed out of the rented BMW.

The first person Kathryn saw was her eldest boy cousin, Eli Harding. He was a quiet child who usually kept to himself. He enjoyed reading and writing his own stories and poems on this website called, Wattpad. Kathryn had taken a look at some of his work and was impressed by how much talent his cousin possessed. He was only thirty-one but was planning on doing some self-publishing when he had the money that wasn't his parents. Locking eyes with him, Eli exchanged his signature one nod as Daphne zoomed up to give him a bear hug.

He hated hugs.

Kathryn was greeted with Eli's parents and soon the rest of the family was swarming around Kathryn, her parents and Daphne. Aunts and Uncles were giving their many kisses and pinches. If Kathryn heard the words, 'look how big you've gotten' one more time...

Penelope was the youngest cousin and very cute. She was a bubbly mess who was very smart for her age of ten. Some stuff she was learning at her prestigious private school were things Kathryn didn't know about until she was a sophomore in high school.

"Do you know that New Zealand will deny people residency visa's if they're too high of a BMI and there are cases where people have been rejected because of their weight? Or that only 2% of Earth population naturally has green eyes like moi? Or that when you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red--"

"Thanks Einstein," Penelope's older sister Eleanor interrupted tugging on one of her pigtails to shut her up. She had the pleasure of being named after the wicked old woman herself.

"She's been talking trivial nonstop. Shits annoying," Eleanor muttered.

"Rude," Penelope said with a hair flip as she stocked off.

Eleanor was the same age as Kathryn. So, they were able to share similar interests. The last time Kathryn had seen Eleanor, she was dating her longtime boyfriend Timothy. Though from those months, Eleanor had broken up with Tim and moved on to a new boy, Fred.

"So, what about you? Any boys on your mind?"

Shane was the first person to pop in mind. She thought about keeping him to herself, but realized that Shane was back in DC. It wasn't like they were ever going to meet.

"His name is Shane," Kathryn said nonchalantly.

"Ooo what's he like?"

"Very sweet, great in the guitar and kind of has this surfer vibe going for him."

Eleanor gushed at the details as they continued to discuss meaningless things.

"Grandma E!" Someone called out as the woman herself descended the steps with the help of Aunt Nicole and Uncle Richie.

Kathryn couldn't help but notice how old and frail Grandma E looked. A look of happiness etched across her face. Though of course disdain clouded her features when her eyes landed on Kathryn. The Mexican-American that ruined the picture-perfect family she was trying to create. It didn't matter that Kathryn did nothing to her.

Grandma E would just always hate Kathryn.

She had on extravagant dress clothes and a fancy hat to go with her outfit. She always seemed to keep up with style regardless of how old she was. As everyone gave her hugs and kisses, people soon filed inside to prepare for the family party.

There was a vanilla cake in the middle of the table with the numbers seven and four as candles lit up. The family gathered around as they started singing 'Happy Birthday'. Once the song was finished, the cake was soon cut and everyone sat around enjoying the frosty goodness. A large dinner would be planned later tonight. Which meant that everyone was able to have fun until then.

Kathryn was getting ready to go out with Eleanor when Grandma E called her over. Grandma E even knowing her name shocked Kathryn. She reluctantly headed over to her in the far corner of the room. She never had a one on one talk with her grandma--ever.

"Now," she began slowly, "I'm willing to offer you one million dollars if you get your Mexican ass away from my family as soon as you graduate high school. Cut all ties and never ever speak to them again. I don't care where you go or what you do with the money." Thrusting the suitcase in Kathryn's hand she continued.

"I remember your mother very well. She was a good worker. Efficient and did what she was supposed to do: cook, clean and get the hell out the way. However, my son had a little crush on the woman who barely knew how to form a proper sentence in English. Who knew the little Mexican girl was also a whore? Tempting my son to bed and causing problems with Meredith, poor woman, and ultimately creating a bastard child--"

"Shut the hell up!" Kathryn spat out with so much venom that it even shocked her. She never knew who her mother was; but no one was going to talk bad about a woman they didn't even know. "Since I could remember, you've treated me like crap. I've been taking it simply thinking that you would learn to love me. Like a grandmother should. But no, you choose to hate me and despise my very existence.

Why do you think it's my fault that my father did what he did? Did you think that I asked to tag along to your birthday? I just wanted to make my family happy. Though nothing is ever good for you, is it? I'm done with the crap Grandma E or should I say Eleanor since you haven't been a grandmother to me from the start." Kathryn chucked the suitcase to the ground, disgusted beyond belief.

"And if you ever, talk bad about my biological mom again, things won't be so sweet between us the next time. That's not a threat, that's a damn promise." With that Kathryn smoothed out her tank top and turned on her heels.

"Oh, and by the way," she called out over her shoulder, "I'm Cuban not Mexican bitch."

━━━━━━━━━

fun fact :

my maternal grandmother actually doesn't like my brothers & i because of our mom. she abused my mother growing up & when my mom was pregnant with me at seventeen, my mrs. johnson wanted me cut open with a machete. i'm letting you guys know not for sympathy because i'm 19 and could care less if mrs. johnson likes me. i just want those of you out there to know that you're not alone if you have a relative that doesn't like you at all. i'm here for you all for whatever

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 986 27
It was Valentines Day and your friend hooked you up on a double date with him. It was mostly so some girl would go out with him and he wanted you to...
334K 10.9K 32
-𝘼 𝙙𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙮𝙥𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠😭♥️. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙢𝙚😼. 𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
159K 3.6K 38
𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲 ! finn wolfhard. feminine she/her insert. started - february 2018 ✧ ...
58.2K 947 3
Just erotic, smutty one shots as Christmas presents to my awesome readers ❤ Warning: explicit content