Wolf's Colorful Territory

By seaweedismine

Formerly known: My Overprotective Werewolf Stepbrother's Best Friend Is My Mate *This would be under slow and... More

Renaming and New cover
My Overprotective Werewolf Stepbrother's Best Friend Is My Mate
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note

Chapter 5

24K 569 70
By seaweedismine

Nina's Dress! >>>>>>>>>

Chapter 5

this is the first time I dread Saturdays because apparently I was invited to the “Pack Meeting” today and I was “supposed” to be with Kaylee or Cindy to get ready for it. I guess to them it’s like a prom or something  but it was held every month for the full moon. everyone in the country travels to some certain places of the country like now it’s held on Lane’s territory so every so called pack will come here. Kaylee also said that that’s where other werewolves find their mates, sometimes a werewolf have werewolf mates thus the meeting of ally packs

Lane was really actually what Luke said, he really is cold and distant. even the way he treats me is cold and distant. he keeps me like a rag doll. he drags me around and kisses my everywhere which I would deny if any one ask me face to face but I do like it. but he doesn’t kiss me in the mouth though he did once. I admit I haven’t had my first kiss until that day and it’s still kind of confusing. but it seems he keeps avoiding my lips. every lunch he’ll make me sit on his lap but wouldn’t talk to me, everyday he’ll take me to school and take me home but to me its turning out like a routine and I don’t like routines too much, it just annoys me.

I sigh at the kiss marks on my collar bone and neck. I was figuring out how to hide it and I was trying powder but I got tired. I gave it up and rummage through my clothes which consists of only shorts, jeans and shirts also some pajamas. I don’t do dresses, I would rather die than own one or even wear one. I was supposed to be “presentable” note the sarcasm because by God that’s what he said.

“Wear something presentable, Nina” he says then kisses me on the cheek and leaving me on the porch if only he didn’t say my name I would have still been angry and formulated a plan to kill him. what am I a doll?!

Kaylee was arriving at 9 in the morning and we’re supposed to be ready at 11PM. Luke comes in my room while I’m in my underwear but I don’t mind. he sees me in my underwear a lot not that I walk around in my underwear but because he has no knocking muscle but thank God he haven’t seen me naked though I have seen him naked.

he strides in half-naked as he jumps in the bed. my room was simple, gray paint and a lot of white bookshelves and a queen size white bed. the oak floors were glossy and shiny but it sometimes get too crowded on the floor when I start reading since I pull out books like how other girls pull out outfits for the season like right now but instead of books I have clothes lying around and now I’m annoyed that it’s not my books on my floor.

“What are you doing?” he asks as he looks down from the bed. I was laying cross legged on the floor. he growls “is that hickeys?”

I clap my hands “Wow, you discovered the mystery of the century”

he sighs, irritated. “Lane needs to chill, no one is going to take you away unless…”

I roll my eyes “I won't run away, I know what’ll happen to him if I did”

his eyes turned distant even if he was looking at me he seemed to be drifting away from his own thoughts. “Unless you have a good reason to run away”

I raise my brows and throw a shirt at him “Good you’re back” I sigh as I look at my clothes “I think I need something more than a random insulting shirt” I love those shirts.

“Well you are going out with Kaylee” he says.

“How did you know?” I ask I didn’t tell him anything.

he looks at me like a wounded deer “Because she’s at the front yard and it seems like you don’t tell me anything anymore plus werewolves have mindlinks.”

I have been neglecting and being a dictator around my brother. I keep sending him out like a bitch so that he’ll be far when Lane comes because I just don’t want them to fight again and when I know I have to do something with Lane, I ignore Luke like he doesn’t exist.

“I’m sorry” I say.

he sighs again. “forgiven”

I kiss him on the cheek and change to my casual clothes. I run down the stairs and see Kaylee in a beautiful red M3 BMW convertible. I run down to her ride. but then I forgot my wallet.

“Don’t worry, the boss gave me his credit card to buy you things as he said” Kaylee flashed me a gold credit card and throws it to me. “are you going to wear that?”

“I don’t have anymore nice clothes”

she sighs. She was wearing a loose elegant white dress with a gold belt and buckle that hugged her waist. “that’s not a good one. But at least you have a loaded soon-to-be husband”

I felt my heart lodge at my throat “husband?” I choked

she roll her eyes. “Yeah duh! mates get married in the werewolf and human world, we’re half human and wolf.”

I groan. now I have to think about living forever with Lane when the longest conversation we had was when  we were in the library. “I don’t think it’s going to be too soon right?”

“Oh right, you’re a Philophobe but don’t you worry you’re not in your legal age yet” she shurgs “So you have two more years to get over that”

knowing about the 2 years doesn’t help, not one bit. the impending avoidance and awkwardness of a choking married life. in the past few days were already too tight of a leash for me, I can take what my brother does but what Lane is always doing is much worse. but only imagine it to occur for the rest of my life.

we went to the mall and salon and much to my horror, after some waxing and plucking and all the pulling, I was in front of a mirror. my skin a bit red but they say it’ll pass. my hair was pinned but only to give full view of my heart shaped face that I only realized was heartshaped when one of the hairdressers said so. I was wearing some blush and some dark make up to match my black dress. it was a bit short, just above my knee which I’m not used to. it covered my chest but showed off my shoulders and has a collar that went around my neck like a ribbon and also it was backless. my hair was curled to strawberry curls. I walk out of the dressing room and Kaylee gasped.

“You’re beautiful” she says.

I roll my eyes and look at my watch. “Its already 11:30”

“Yeah Lane also yelled at me but don’t worry he’s there and said we should just go when you’re ready” she says. “now let’s see turn around”

I did. “I think it’s a bit too cold”

“All the more for me to tell Lane about bringing a coat, I’m helping you with your phobia.” she smiles. “I’ll make you feel how to be love is”

I stifled rolling my eyes. “I’m not sure, about this”

“OH nonsense lets go”

-

-

when we were there it was already 12. the parking lot in the school was packed and everyone was busy and crowded. I hate crowded places. there was music loud and deafening but I ignored it. we continued to try to park the car as people walk around. this gathering was bigger than I expected it was like Brazil in Carnival with all the party decorations and drinks and girls and booze or it reminded me of New Orleans when I read the books about them. it was vibrant everyone was dancing talking and drinking but still I just want to watch from the car and watch the scene.

but Kaylee wouldn’t have it

“Come on” she drags me out of the car and we weave through the people. “Come on they’re close”

“How do you know?”

“Mindlink”

“yeah that thing again” I say

she laughs for no good reason I guess. we finally made it to a stage with tables and chairs in front of it. and there were multiple long tables and even from this distance I can see Lane then Luke. Kaylee called their attention but one man big and bulky with a charming smile stand from the table and sweeps Kaylee off her feet both literally and metaphorically. he carried Kaylee in his arms bridal style and kisses her passionately that I blushed and look away.

“Nina!” Luke waves at me, his smile ear to ear. “You look great.”

I walk to him and I smiled in reply. I kiss his cheek and hug him. “Ugh, crowded hate this things.”

someone growls behind me and I turn to see it was Lane. his eyes glowering at me. “Come” he orders

I frown and made a lingering look at the floor when I intend to look at Luke but if he sees it he’ll get angry and he’ll fight for me. I relented and went to him. his hand on mine as he lead me to his seat and pulled me on to his lap. just like before. people looked at us, looked at him, looked at me. but to me I knew if I looked at their perspective, I would look like we were close and since they’ll think we are mates we were sweet but that’s not it.

How can a Philophobe and a broken person fall in love? I thought. I just knew the moment I looked in to his eyes, he was as broken as shattered glass. I put my arm around his neck and I kept it that way, all through the night as he talked and talked about pack and werewolves. he haven’t even said anything about the dress or about me. I felt cold and empty inside.

Kaylee was close and I could feel her looking at me. “Nina?” she asks

I look up and I could feel Lane’s neck snap to Kaylee’s direction as well. “what?” I force a smile

she frowns. “Lane, could I talk to you?” Lane hesitate “Lane” she say a bit harshly

Lane sighs. “Excuse me” he says to me which was the only thing he said to me the whole night. I stand and he walks away. I never felt so lonely until today.

I keep drinking to forget, trying to take away the feelings. I sigh at my fourth drink. I closed my eyes Kaylee and Lane had still been talking and guys were asking me for a dance or tells me how pretty I was but still I should feel flattered but I realized all I want was Lane’s approval and it irritated me. when the fourth guy asked me to dance I finally relented.

alcohol just gave me a new confidence as I smashed bodies with the guy even though all I could feel was disgust in my stomach I resist the urge to scowl or grimace. Lane and I don’t want each other, I feel thatand maybe we were just using each other to not make him be like a zombie or me being a wreck.

“Nina!” a loud ferocious roar said.

I sharply turn some of my hair clung to my face, sweat rolling down even on my back. I see Lane walking to me and snatching me in to his arms. “Keep away Pup!” he snarls at the guy who asked me out who quickly turned to submissive form. he drags me far from the stage and the party, it was so far I had to walk on my feet since I’m not used to heels. he drags me to the deepest part of the forest. until we were in an opening of tall grass.

“Why are we here?” I wondered.

he smiles for the first time in days and all I could feel was relief and slightly happy that he did. “Just wait”

we waited and slowly my sight could make out little yellow dots on the sky “is that?” I ask slowly. the dots started to dancing around and slowly i see the little dots in the trees as well. “it is isn’t it”

he nods “Fireflies”

he tugged me to a place where we sit on the ground and watch the fireflies. I was sitting on the ground with me leaning on his chest and his legs around me. he sniffs my hair and entwined our fingers. this time I don’t feel fear I feel safe. but then he has to ruin it.

“how old were you when your mother died?” he asks

I let out a cool blow of wind “young”

“I need some specific number than an blurry word” he teased which was a long time coming.

I almost smiled, almost. “4, it was my fifth birthday but it wasn’t 1 PM yet so I was still four at the time”

“what happened?”

I don’t know but feel compelled to tell him and let him know. I searched my brain for the answers, for the answers I once knew. I close my eyes and hum “I saw her, on the library holding my favorite book that she was going to give me for my fifth birthday the first edition of Wuthering height. she was on the floor, blood pooled around her and I saw slash marks and I was considered a prodigy or an Einstein before so I knew what she was, or what she is” I lick my lips.

“Are you scared of me?” he asks

I sigh “I am not scared of you just not fond of you”

he hums again. he leans on my shoulder “well that’s understandable” he blows by my neck and it made me shiver. “but you don’t like it don’t you, the pull of mating”

does he know? that I’m a philophobe? “who would like being pulled to someone who orders you around and gives a tight leash.”

he growls “is that what you think mating is?”

“No, its how you treat me” I say.

he kisses the back of my neck. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry” he says for every kiss. “But I can't—“

“be close to me” I cut him off. “I know, you’re just like me and it’s a pretty nice joke when we were made for each other when we’re scared of getting close to each other”

“What do you mean?”

I roll my eyes and push myself away from him and face him. “I’m not good at commitments and you're broken like a broken stallion just worse.” I bite my lip “what happened to you? you ask about me like you’re not broken when all you portray to me is a  hypocrite.”

he was staring at me with cold eyes that I almost wanted to go away and forget this but something made me stay and it was his answer. “you wouldn’t understand.”

“so far I understand your world maybe that’s enough for you to tell me the truth”

“My parents died”

“that’s all?”

“You still don’t accept our customs so that will be enough” he says. he says it with the voice he use to his pack mates or sometimes to Luke. he stands and offers me a hand but I don’t accept it.

“Maybe we should just stop making our lives complicated and just say it straight out that the only thing we want from this ‘mating’ is sanity” I say while standing. I brush the remaining grass from my dress. “Because we both know we don’t want this”

what more hurt than what he treated me for days or for what my fear of love made me do was him saying “You’re right, lets should stop pretending.”

I felt number than when my mom died. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 72.4K 41
When Hannah is mated to her old bully, everyone implores her to move on and forgive him for the good of the pack. She will need to decide if the pac...
743K 19.1K 39
Tomorrow is the day Abby's twin brother Aiden finds his mate. Abby has always been jealous of her brother because of his wolf genes. He's the school'...
656K 18.3K 20
"Mine!" I heard him growl. I turned around and screamed. He was so close to me our chests were touching. Alpha Carter is my mate! "No...no...no, yo...
1.1M 41.6K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...