The Family Man

By Eve_Goldson

Cassabelle Johnson just found her best friend and her boyfriend having sex in her apartment outraged and hurt... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Pure Love

Chapter 35

1.2K 66 3
By Eve_Goldson

I have never noticed this before but all hospitals smell the same, like pine sol and medication. I heard the beeping of the monitors and the shuffling of someone or maybe a few persons. Why was I even in the hospital? What happened? Was I dying?

I could hear people mumbling around me and someone's hand touched mine sending waves of pleasure. My Ethan, I felt myself smile. Ethan was here the love of my life. What happened? I remember we were having an argument about Mandy and then blood so much blood on the floor. I felt a pain in my heart he had still loved Mandy and I sobbed opening my eyes.

I saw Ethan first he looked exhausted his eyes had dark circles and he looked like he aged a few years. Heather, Claire and my father came into view they all looked tired and I smiled at my dad I hadn't seen him in so long.

"Daddy." I whispered trying to sit up.

"Hey princess." He smiled. "Take it easy." He said.

"What happened?" I asked turning to Heather avoiding Ethan's eyes. If I looked at him I'll cry, he broke my heart.

"I think Ethan should be the one to tell you that." She nodded at him and looked away.

"Where is Emily?" I asked and looked behind them.

"Jemma has her outside." My father said.

"Who's Jemma?" I asked.

"My girlfriend wanted you to meet her but not like this." He bowed his head.

"Well bring in Jemma and my baby." I smiled at him and he straightened up and went outside. No one spoke and I never once looked over at Ethan because just thinking about him made my heart hurt like crazy. He threw a dagger at my heart.

"Belle..." he started but stopped when the door opened again. Dad walked in with a woman who was a beautiful brunette with brown eyes, thin lips and slightly high cheekbones. They came closer to the bed and Heather and Claire stepped away.

"Here's my baby." They gave me Emily who was drooling. I looked up at the woman with a big smile. "Hi it's nice to meet you Jemma." I smiled.

"The pleasure is all mine I have heard so much about you from your father." She beamed he smiled wide and genuinely happy.

"Sorry we are meeting under such weird circumstances." I apologized.

"I'll go tell the doctor she's awake." Ethan said before leaving the room.

"At least we are meeting." I said. I looked down at Emily who was cooing to herself. Everyone had a sad look on their face as if something bad was happening or happened. "Why does everyone face look so sad?" I asked.

"Cassie..." Heather came up beside me and had her hand on my shoulder. "I'm really sorry." Tears in her eyes.

"About what?" I asked beginning to worry now. The door opened and Ethan and the doctor came in and everyone stepped away from the bed.

"I'll take Emily." Claire said and took Emily from my hands. "I think we should give these two some privacy." She said and opened the door and they left the three of us in the room.

The room was silent and I cleared my throat. "So what happened?" I asked. Ethan edged his way beside me.

"Okay so I'm sorry to say but we couldn't save the baby." He said and I was confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You were pregnant. Weren't you aware? Just a few weeks." The doctor said and I zoned out. Ethan's hand rested on my shoulder and it brought me back.

"I didn't know I was pregnant." My heart fell to pieces my baby had died and I hadn't even known I was pregnant. "How?" I asked. "I mean how did the baby die?" I asked.

"Ethan here said you were in a brawl and it also could be stress." He informed me. I didn't know what to do so I just sat on the bed. "Listen this doesn't mean that you can't conceive more children. You're still as fertile as before." He said, but I was still stunned.

I was in a fight because of Mandy and Mandy was Ethan's lover. The doctor said something to Ethan before leaving. I felt something warm on my cheeks and my hand reached up and touched it. I was crying, I lost my baby. I sobbed in my hand, my chest tightened and it felt like I was going to die. Ethan scooped me up in his arms and rocked me as I cried like I was a baby.

"I know you hate me I hate me now. It's all my fault." He whispered his voice cracking he was trying to be strong for me. It wasn't only his fault it was mine as well if I hadn't gone to meet his ex my baby would be alive.

"It's my fault. I should have listened." I sobbed harder.

"No it wasn't I should have told you about Mandy from the beginning." His voice cracked. "I'm sorry Belle." He apologized.

"It's okay." I rose up but my heart was heavy and aching.

"No it's not." His eyes were red. My brave soldier. No matter what I can't help but love him but I have to let him go.

"You still love her and I want you to be happy." I sniffled, the words felt like I was hanging myself.

"I don't." he said and he drew me closer. "I love you and I mean it." He angled me so I was looking in his eyes.

"Don't say it because you feel obligated to, I am not a child." I tried to push away.

"Belle I know I messed up and I am sorry but I have loved you since we met in that bar." He tightened his grip. "I was in that bar trying to get over Mandy and then I saw you and I didn't understand what I was feeling because I have never felt that way before..." he pushed back a lock of my hair his fingers sliding down to my chin. "I tried to find you after you left but I couldn't and when you came to my office for work I was more than happy to see you." My eyes were beginning to water.

"I have loved you since we first met and now I know and I won't let you or it go. I love you." He tilted my head and then he slowly brought his head down and kissed me with more passion that I have ever felt and in that moment all was right again and though the loss of my second child weighed on my heart I felt love. He slowed down then moved away.

"I love you too." I smiled and hugged him.

●●●●●

"Can she leave today?" Ethan asked the doctor. It has been a week since my miscarriage and I have been in the hospital sad about it but the doctors and nurse kept reassuring me that it would be okay and that if I need a therapist they had one on call. The same amount of time since Ethan's declaration of love and every time he said 'I love you' my heart leaped.

"Yes." The doctor said.

"Good." He looked down at me and smiled. "I have a few clothes for you to wear home." He said.

"Thanks." I smiled at him. He sat in the chair in the room while I changed from my hospital wear. He hadn't brought Emily with him she was home with Heather and his sister. I opened the door and he stood beside me smiling down at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked for the millionth time.

"I'll be fine. Are you okay?" I asked him.

"I'll be alright eventually." He smiled. "There is something else though." He said.

"What?" I asked.

He took something out of his pocket. "You promised you'd never take if off but you did and I'm putting it back on." He said and he took the engagement ring and slid it onto my finger and I smiled.

"I promise I won't take it off again." I tipped and kissed his cheek.

"Good." He cupped my face. "Since you have been in the hospital my mother has been on this none stop wedding rampage." He laughed.

"Really? She was still planning it?" I asked.

"Yes. When I told her what happened she was so mad at me that she cursed me out and told me I was a fool and that I better fix it."

"I've always liked your mother." I smiled.

"I think she likes you more than she likes me." She joked.

"Has good taste." I teased him. The car door opened for us and we slid in and he held my hand in his and brought it to his lips.

"I love you." He said and again my heart leaped.

"I love you more." I smiled.

"Pfft I doubt that." He teased.

"Really? Well I love you from the moon and back." I smiled in triumph.

"I love you from the moon and back times infinity." That's a whole lot of love.

"Pfft..." I had nothing to say after that so I jumped on him.

"I win at last." He wrapped his arms around me.

"This will be your only win." I smiled down at him.

"I'll take them where I get them." He set me to straddle him, he began kissing my neck and massaging my breast I have missed his touch. He left small kisses as he made his way to my mouth. The touch sent waves of energy surging through my body and I wanted to rip his clothes off. His lips were on mine and he switched our position my back against the seat and him on top. I fumbled with his pants belt and held his erection hand stroking it and I heard him groan. He pulled down the zipper of the jacket I was wearing, his lips trailed down from my lips all the way to my collarbone nipping it and going lower his lips on my nipple creating a storm in my body.

There was a tap on the window but we ignored it and continued. The tap was louder and harder and I looked up people were outside the window but the doors were locked thank god.

"Ethan." I whispered. "People are at the window." Thank God it's tinted.

He stopped and swallowed looking up he rolled his eyes and zipped up the blazer. He adjusted his pants and I felt the heat rise to my face. "It's a party for your return. Mother thought of it even though I told her countless times no." he looked agitated.

"A party that's nice I guess." I shrugged.

"Let's get out before they break the damn window." He was agitated.

"Why are you upset?" I asked.

"I'm not. My testicles just hurt." He sighed.

"Oh my I'll have to see to those testicles later." I kissed him and opened the door before he could answer. I got a lot of 'Glad you're okay'. Gale's family was even there Brittney rushed over to me embracing me in a tight hug.

"Hey Brit." I smiled and hugged her back.

"Did you get my card?" She asked.

"Yes I did and I loved it and the joke." I smiled at her.

"I knew you would." She smiled. A lady and a younger looking Gale walked up. "This is my mother Jane and my brother." She smiled.

"It's so nice to finally meet you I have heard a lot about you from Brittney and Gale. Speaking of Gale where is he?" I asked them.

"We've heard a lot about you too and he's around the garaged he'll be here soon." Jane smiled and I shook her and her son's hand. They walked with me to the house where a lot of people were talking and laughing.

"Cassie." Mary Ann squealed and attacked me and I stumbled back. "I have missed you so much." She hugged me tightly.

"I know you missed all this awesomeness." I joked.

"We did." Jason, Kim and Ally came up behind her.

"Awww you guys." I said when Mary Ann finally let me go.

"How are you feeling?" They asked.

"I'm good." I smiled. I did the rounds greeting and laughing with everybody while Ethan watched me from a distance a smile on his face and our daughter in his hands. His gaze never leaving me and I loved it that even though we were at home he still found it necessary to watch me. To make me save and protected. I loved him for it and so many other reasons. He was my Family Man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

835K 8.5K 16
Calliope's ex-boyfriend, her high school sweetheart, crash-landed back into her life like a rom-com sequel she never ordered, ready to rewrite the sc...
107K 3.5K 48
I finally looked up at him and laughed. As soon as our gazes locked I think I was going melt by the intensity in his eyes. "Just promise one thing, n...
11.5K 561 39
Riley has been single for over 4 years. By choice. Great family, good friends and happy with her career as a Thoracic Nurse Practitioner. But when he...
43.2K 1.3K 38
We all know of the baby project in health class. When you're given a fake baby and a partner to act as the daddy with you to act as the mommy. "This...