Don't Threaten Me With A Good...

By laurentheauthoress

She was just another girl in a crowd of his fans. In an unpredictable way, she and him would fall in love. More

Intro-Author's note
1| obsessed
2| nerves
3| lines
4| fallen
5| burgers
6| waiting game
7| bren-sticks
9 | stop one
10 | vegas lights
11 | rockstar
12 | honest mistake
13 | steady as she goes
14 | work b**tch
15 | everything you want
16 | new perspective
17 | brendon's big question
18 | flashy jewelry
19 | last concert
20 | elliot
21 | midnight city
21 | death of a bachelor
22 | new uries
23 | geminis

8| tour dates

3.7K 128 332
By laurentheauthoress

He texted me the next day.

Brendon: Hey

Me: Good Morning

Brendon: how are you?

Me: I'm decent, and you?

Brendon: decent as well, but seeing you would make me better than decent.

I felt my cheeks go red. I could make Brendon feel better than decent.

Me: Unfortunate you're on tour

Brendon: You should go with me.

I thought about living the life Brendon lives. On tour, different city every night. I didn't have school anymore and I wasn't sure what I wanted to go to college for. I wanted to take a year off of school. I wasn't even sure about living the rock star life.

I went down the stairs with my phone in my pocket. Haley finally went home, I loved her but I couldn't be with her for forever. I took my time getting a bowl from the cabinets and my favorite box of cereal.

Me: When will I be able to see you?

I was desperate to spend some time with Brendon. The way that he talks and that he is so passionate about his music. I shoved a spoonful of cereal in my mouth and took my bowl into the living room. I flipped through the channels when I finally decided on one of my favorite movies, American Beauty.

I watched intently as my favorite scene began to unravel. Lester Burnham gazed upon Angela Hayes for the first time, and he fell in a trance with her beauty. I felt that way about Brendon. The way that he talked has me entranced, as Angela has Lester. Kevin Spacey was one of my favorite actors and the he played Lester, he was perfect.

"I feel like I've been in a coma for the past twenty years, and now I'm just waking up," I said the line out loud with the movie and heard the front door open. I presumed it was my mother coming back from the grocery store, and I didn't look up.

A pair of hands covered my eyes and I began to panic.

"Guess who," I heard a warm voice whisper in my ear. Brendon.

"Lester Burnham," I said sarcastically.

"Who?" He released his hands and jumped over the couch.

"He's from American Beauty. What are you doing here?" I asked.

He smirked, "Drove myself before the concert tonight."

"You have a concert tonight?" I asked astounded. Why would he waste his time driving up here if he had a concert.

"Well I'm on tour," He laughed as if my question was stupid.

"How did you get in my house?" I asked.

"Your mom knew I was coming so she left it open," He informed me.

"She left it open, why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I felt embarrassed wearing my pajamas while Brendon wore a leopard print shirt with some black skinny jeans.

"Wanted to surprise you for breakfast," He told me.

I excused myself to go 
change my clothes. I threw on a pair of sweatpants and a simple white tee-shirt.

"Let's go!" I shouted. He was in front of me of me immediately. "Do you know where we're going?"

"To the nearest IHOP!" He jumped into his car and gave me a cheesy grin. I chuckled, he reminded me of a little boy with that smile. A innocent little boy.

"I love IHOP!" I exclaimed and jumped into the passenger seat.

"What do you get when you go?" He asked me. He backed out of my driveway and looked at his google maps.

I turned up the radio a little, "I love the chocolate pancakes, with the maple syrup."

"Mmhm! I love the blueberry pancakes with the blueberry syrup!" He groaned with the thought of food.

"You have to give me a bite!" I squeezed his arm and he looked down to my hand. I noticed my action and quickly withdrew it, "sorry."

He shook his head laughing, "It's fine!"

I nodded and looked out the window, the building zoomed by. I felt embarrassed for my actions, I shouldn't have put my hand on his arm.

I looked up a few moments and saw we were in the IHOP parking lot. The line was quite long.

"The line is long," I noted and he laughed while getting out the car.

"You're funny," he murmured and opened up my car door. "I'm Brendon Urie, I can get in anyplace, without a line."

I looked around and saw screaming children, they were hungry and an elderly couple.

"Let's not butt them," I informed him. He was used to living the famous life and no lines, I wanted him to stop for a moment and experience what it's like to be normal.

He looked at me with a glimmer in his eyes, "are you sure?"

"Positive, let's go put our name up there though," he held my hand as I lead him through the front doors. No one seemed to notice him, it was full of elders and young parents with whining children.

"Name?" The woman at the podium asked us.

"Melanie," I replied quickly and looked back at Brendon. He gave me a killer smile and I felt my heart flutter. He was so cute.

We sat outside because there was no room inside. The bench was made of blue plastic and burned my bottom.

"It's hot," Brendon looked at me. "That's probably just you though."

I felt my cheeks go red, "Or it could be the 90 degree weather we are in."

"That too," he placed his hand over mine, which was in my lap.

We sat in silence, listening to the people around us chatter. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was a peaceful one. I was happy we could enjoy one another's company in silence.

"My father told me when I was younger," Brendon broke the silence, "if you can sit with a woman for more than twenty minutes, without her talking. Marry her."

I laughed, "Hopefully it's not an awkward silence."

He chuckled, "I've enjoyed our silence, Mel."

"Me too," I responded quickly. I found my eyes looking into his and he was looking into mine.

"You have some beautiful blue eyes," he noted. I felt myself wanting to kiss him in this very moment. My eyes started to shut, and I leaned in slowly and he followed my movements.

"Melanie, table for two," the voice on the speaker rang out.

My eyes snapped open and I grabbed his hand, "Pancakes!"

"Pancakes!" He excitedly responded. We raced inside and the waitress gave us a weird look. I shrugged it off.

I almost forgot about the kiss Brendon and I almost shared. I sat down in the booth across from Brendon.

A young woman with messy hair came up to the table, "What can I get y'all?"

"Can I have a milk?" Brendon asked the waitress.

"Chocolate milk for me," I flipped the menu until I found the chocolate chip pancakes. "Can I have the chocolate chip pancake combo?"

She looked at Brendon and waited for his order.

"Blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup combo," she jolted down our orders and left quickly.

"Melanie," Brendon laid his hand over mine on the table and looked into my eyes. His chocolate orbs glistened with the cheap lighting.

"Yes?" I responded.

We looked at one another for a few moments and then he broke the eye contact. 

"I have an idea," he said quietly. I nodded. "This is a very serious question."

What was he going to ask? Me to marry him? Be his girlfriend? Ask just to stay friends? Or worse, act like we don't know each other.

I took in a heavy sigh with thinking of the last part.

"I want you to go on tour with me," he asked. His lips pursed together and he looked back into my eyes.

I blinked twice, "You want me to go on tour with you?" I imagined the worse, and I felt my stomach do flip flops. Of course I thought of going on tour with Brendon Urie many times before.

"Let's leave this town, tour with me for the rest of summer," his eyes shone with excitement.

I thought about college starting up in fall and I could feel my lips answer before I realized what I said, "yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 76 23
Brendon Urie/O.C. Brendon and Amy cross paths out of sheer luck, will Amy fall hard for the panic! singer or will he let her down like all the rest o...
12.9K 649 26
♡ ♬ Y/N hates band Panic! at the Disco, but her best friend makes her go to one of their concerts. She finds the band pretty good, the next thing sh...
21.4K 418 55
It was my first day in the Insane Asylum and it was also his first day. He gave me anxiety like crazy and he scared me. I might have feelings for him...
87.1K 2.3K 34
The first time I met Brendon, I thought he was the waiter. All in all, not exactly the best first impression.